Don't have an account? Create one!

Racism

AuthorMessage
sherlock!
Crash Queen
sherlock!
February 10th, 2008 at 02:50am
sonny is god!:
i think there is no room in this world for racism, same with making fun of sum 1 for wat kind of music they listen to and sexual preference

Exactly. Let people live their own lives, and mind your own, because it's really none of your business, right?
Richey Edwards.
Demolition Lover
Richey Edwards.
February 10th, 2008 at 05:56pm
Racism isnt cool. Most of my friends are racist. Im always yelling at them for being stupid retards. Thay actualy beat a black person just for being black. I stepped in and helped the poor kid. They all started laughing at me. I say..Fuck with people who are racist.
dark desire.
Salute You in Your Grave
dark desire.
February 11th, 2008 at 09:35pm
In all honesty I'm not rascist, but I prefer the company of white people more, because most, if not all of the black people I've ever met are "gangsta" and people like that frighten me to a ridiculous degree. I also think that people should not limit rascism to just white people because at my school, the few black kids are put up on a pedestal and basically worshipped. I'm the stupid "white girl" who doesn't know how to booty dance like they do.
Simple and Clean
Salute You in Your Grave
Simple and Clean
February 14th, 2008 at 01:57pm
While it goes without saying I'm against racism, I actually think that white people are persicuted a lot more than other races by the police.

For example, if a group of white people murder an asian, it's considered a racist attack / murder

If a group of asian people murdered a white person, it's only called murder.
micah_pilar
Killjoy
micah_pilar
February 20th, 2008 at 03:10am
Racism?... Criticism?.. whatever! i hate it both. what the hell... we don't need that. doesn't even help. making things worse. isn't it? F*ck off! it's getting in my nerves!
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
February 20th, 2008 at 04:12am

I was wondering about this and I thought about the numbers issue.

I mean if an African American girl was in a school of white americans, then racism would be hard to miss. But if a white girl was to go into a school of African Americans, she would probably experience racism too.

Is it all about being outnumbered? :S

(I do not mean to sound racist. I apologise if I am, I am just typing my thoughts.)
HEY AMY
Salute You in Your Grave
HEY AMY
February 20th, 2008 at 06:36am
i get what you mean.
i think its true though.
like, anyone thats 'different' people are scared of or dont like. so, it works either way really.
people are racist towards everybody these days.
if i had a dollar for the amount of times ive been called a 'bloody skip/skippy'...
lol
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
February 20th, 2008 at 11:21am
Yeh, there is nothing racist with looking at reverse racism. We ALL know it happens, even in our own legal systems. A white guy kills a black guy and it's a hate crime. A black guy kills a white guy and it's a crime.

What about on TV? Dave Chapelle makes fun of white people and its funny". Some southern guy makes a black joke and it's terrible.

Or AA. A black person with a lower entrance exam is more likely to make it in then a white student who has a higher exam grade.

Then in our daily lives it happens to. Reverse racism is JUST as real as racism. You are perfectly ok for noticing it.
Littlemisschem
Fabulous Killjoy
Littlemisschem
March 24th, 2008 at 09:02pm
Racism is an awful sick idea that spread like a disease. We are all equals to each other, no matter what the color of our skin is. People who are racists need to just accept that everyone is equal, and nothing can change that. Someone should just murder racism, that's something that deserves to die.
stac-renee
Killjoy
stac-renee
April 1st, 2008 at 09:27am
NOT A RACIST, I HAVE FRIENDS OF ALL TYPES
Jeffree Star
Motor Baby
Jeffree Star
April 30th, 2008 at 12:38pm
Racism is for people who are ignorant and not aware of what "race" really is. The color of your skin does not have to define who you are. The amunt of melanin in your skin is not what defines you. What defines you as a person is your personality not your race or skin color. This is the legal definition or racism:

According to the United Nations Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination:

the term "racial discrimination" shall mean any distinction, exclusion, restriction or preference based on race, colour, descent, or national or ethnic origin which has the purpose or effect of nullifying or impairing the recognition, enjoyment or exercise, on an equal footing, of human rights and fundamental freedoms in the political, economic, social, cultural or any other field of public life. "

An example of racism in USA culture is this:

^ As a young Mexican African American women I do not want to be defined as infrerior to any other person based on sex, sexual oriegntation, race , or religion. I'm Christian and my views are we are all equal in the eyes of God. God did not make people by saying, "Here are the blacks, Oh I forgot the white people. Oh and of course the Mexicans." Antoher step we can use to help eliminate racism is the use of these words," Nigger, Hick, Redneck, Webback, Spick, ect. Please use common sense when adressing a person.
Leo
Awake and Unafraid
Leo
May 8th, 2008 at 04:50pm
Racism is really ridiculous.

It doesn't matter the color or ones skin.
Their still people, just like us.
Doesn't matter if their black, mix, or anything, their not any different from being a human.
lessthanthree.
Always Born a Crime
lessthanthree.
May 8th, 2008 at 07:02pm
Lovesick Melody.:

I mean if an African American girl was in a school of white americans, then racism would be hard to miss. But if a white girl was to go into a school of African Americans, she would probably experience racism too.

I was in a situation like this a few years ago. When I was in 4th grade, I went to a school that was about 90% African-American, and I was one of very few white people. Day after day I was mocked and teased for being white. I was constantly told stuff like "fuck off and die, stupid white girl". People tried to hurt me just because my ancestors were from Italy, not Africa. I tried to tell teachers what they were doing, but they all just said "You're white, so it's not racism if they bully you". All of the kids kept using the stupid "people like me had to escape from slavery, so I can be mean to you" excuse. It was totally unfair, and I know for a fact that those kids weren't slaves. People keep using excuses to be racist, and it needs to stop.
killz
Killjoy
killz
May 9th, 2008 at 06:24pm
in my opinion people are racist because they are scared of things that are new and different but the fact of the matter is that we are a multi-cultural society so get over it. if u r racist think about this scenario: you are about to die and the only person who can save u is a member of the race that u despise. wat do u do? do u except help or die? think about it because the answer is clear to me.
killz
Killjoy
killz
May 9th, 2008 at 06:26pm
in my opinion people are racist because they are scared of things that are new and different but the fact of the matter is that we are a multi-cultural society so get over it. if u r racist think about this scenario: you are about to die and the only person who can save u is a member of the race that u despise. wat do u do? do u except help or die? think about it because the answer is clear to me.
killz
Killjoy
killz
May 9th, 2008 at 06:26pm
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
May 9th, 2008 at 08:10pm

Another thing that bothers me, is that if someone says like: "Oh yeah, and then I met this Asian at the festival"
and then everyone jumps on that person.

Saying that someone is European, African, Asian etc. is not racist.
Racism is if you say something negative about that, but classifying that person as coming from that country is not at all racism.

Thats what bothers me.
IceHog69
Bulletproof Heart
IceHog69
May 13th, 2008 at 04:51am
I'm not racist, and if anything I say seems racist, fine, but I'm not racist. I give everyone a fair chance at being liked, whatever color their skin.

Racism is disgusting. It is, but some people blow it completely out of proportion.

If a white person calls a black person a 'n*gger', or an Asian person a 'p*ki', everyone gets all defensive, but if a fellow black/Asian person says that, it's fine. A lot of people are racist, and it sickens me that they can think that because a person has darker skin than you they are worse than you.

Unfortunately, I've found that a lot of black people in my school make everything racist, just for the attention. My friend wears glasses, and this other girl (a black girl) called her over by calling her 'Glasses', which my friend found insulting, because she can't do anything about it, so she went up to the black girl (lets call 'Glasses' Anu, and the black girl Joan), and said, 'My name is Anu, not 'Glasses', you know my name, we've had Phys Ed for two years together, you know I'm called Anu, so don't call me 'Glasses'. I don't like it. How would you like it if I called you 'Blackie'?' and Joan just exploded. Anu didn't mean it in a racist way, she just meant it as something that she couldn't change about herself, like her glasses. even when we explained that, she still wouldn't listen, and proceeded to tell everyone who'd listen that Anu was racist.

I've been called racist before. D'you know what I said? I said that my friend was standing next to 'the tall black guy', and everyone turned on me!

Racism does exist, but not to the extent that people make out. In a lot of cases it is a case of reverse discrimination - people are too afraid to pick the white kid, if there is a black/Asian/Chinese/foreign applicant as well, because someone will say they are being racist if they don't.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
May 13th, 2008 at 05:38am
^I agree with that, especially the last point.
It also annoys me that people overlook racism against white people. One of the most racist people I have ever met was a Mexican who not only hated white people, but also black people and Asian people. In fact, he probably hated everyone that wasn't Mexican, purely because they weren't Mexican.
He immigrated here to Australia, and then goes on about "how much he hates white people"

-_-
IceHog69
Bulletproof Heart
IceHog69
May 13th, 2008 at 07:32am
^thank you for agreeing.