justin pierre.
Awake and Unafraid
justin pierre.
October 30th, 2006 at 09:36pm
holy_crap!!!:
*Leaving my stars behind*:

It's not just myspace.

What about nexopia?

Now that site, is really really dangerous. Especially where I live.

whats nexopia? maybe im just ignaorant, but ive never heard of it before...

I never heard of Nexopia either.
justin pierre.
Awake and Unafraid
justin pierre.
October 30th, 2006 at 09:36pm
Double Post
bitrsweetMCRgirl
Killjoy
bitrsweetMCRgirl
November 2nd, 2006 at 08:38pm
nexopia.... sounds like neopets.....

any girl who puts herself out there and tells people personal information i.e. where she lives, school, and heaven forbid phone number... is dumb, and her parent(s) should've taught her to have common sense.
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
November 3rd, 2006 at 11:18pm
I had an internet predator at one point in time. I was preyed on because I was extremely depressed at the time and clingy. I clung really tight to this person because they made me feel important.

It's scary how they can read you.
Horhay the Toucan
Jazz Hands
Horhay the Toucan
November 9th, 2006 at 01:56pm
Yeah, I don't post any pictures of myself on the net and I try not to use any last names or anything.
amye!
Salute You in Your Grave
amye!
November 9th, 2006 at 10:07pm
Deadliest To Lead:
April?!:
Queen of Apology:
My mom thinks everyone on the internet is out to get me.

Same here. But it's different with some people because you can really tell that they are real.

No offence, But my mom just said 'Thats a classic preditor line'.
And Erika, ditto.
Everything I say-Thats how predetors start!

ME: I told someone my name is Ryann.
MOM: Thats how predetors start!
ME: I said I like butter.
MOM: Thats how predetors start!

That's exactly like my parents. my parents freaked because i met a girl online from a hockey team i played once, and ended up going to the same camp as her. when i told them about it, they grounded me forever and put on parental controls.
which i obviously managed to get past, or else i wouldn't be here.
but anyways, i think as long as you're careful and don't give out too much information it's alright. and don't go around bragging you're a whore on myspace, that usually doesn't lead to anything good.
Thursday's Child
Bleeding on the Floor
Thursday's Child
November 9th, 2006 at 11:05pm
my parents use to be obsessed with those To Catch a Predator shows.
they wouldn't let me get a myspace, which I didn't really want, but it was more a principal thing, they'd go on my aim and look at all my friends profiles, they search through my e-mail every once in a while.

It was ridiculous.

they're okay with facebook, but I'm pretty sure they go on to my account every once and while...which is just great...

but anyways, personally, To Catch a Predator is basically a joke in my high school.
we're all decently smart.
we know not to met up with some person off myspace.
end of story.

and personally, I don't think websites and what not should be punished for the acts that were committed.
children can be abducted and raped off the neighborhood playground and walking home from school. Should we ban all swing sets then, cause they're allow our children to be vunerable to predators? Should walking home from school be banned?
and in those situations, it's even more out of controll for the victim, than in a chat room where they knowingly give out an address or pictures or a place to meet.

the world is a scary place. people need to learn and get over the fact that there are some really messed up people out their and you can't be so innocent and oblivious all the time. If you give our your address or phone number on a site, you can't just think that only trustworthy, good guys with great personalities are going to call you.
welcome to reality.
BestDamnDressIOwn
Jazz Hands
BestDamnDressIOwn
November 19th, 2006 at 03:42pm
sam combs the crowd.:
My mom is so cool with Internet friends;
she knows I have sense.

yeah, mine too.
but she really hates myspace.
i don't think she's gonna let me go on there anymore.
i really don't get it, but hey, it's her house.
x-Hail Of Bullets-x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
x-Hail Of Bullets-x
November 19th, 2006 at 06:20pm
Maybe it's just a bit different over here in Australia

I've met probably about thirty people from the internet - the first being when I was fifteen (what can I say? I was a rebel - my grandparents didn't know about it).

Out of all of those, I've only had one bad experience - & it really wasn't anywhere near as bad as it could have been.
Basically, I had been talking to what I thought was a girl - she suggested we meet up for coffee one day in the city - I thought, why not? We'd be in public & it could be fun. Turned out it was guy (who knows why he lied about his gender), and I basically told him to go get fucked - so he decided to follow me around for about an hour & then lost interest & left. Never heard from him again.

We don't really have shows like that either.

I'm not saying that the issue isn't there, I'm not saying that predators aren't out on the net trying to scam young girls (or boys) into doing whatever they want them to, but I think you shouldn't be too paranoid that EVERYONE might be one.

I think you're more than likely talking to people who are just like you, rather than people who are just trying to use you.
dream brother
Jazz Hands
dream brother
November 19th, 2006 at 08:22pm
yeah i think in all honesty your more likely to just meet people on the net who are like you

sides your just as likely really to get abducted and raped on your way home from school i think people are freaking out over the net but they need to get over it

i dont get why everybodys parents arent letting them have myspace tho thats weird
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
Bleeding on the Floor
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
November 20th, 2006 at 10:05am
its all about common sense at the end of the day. Dont give out enough personal details so someone can know everything about you. If your going to meet someone, do it at a safe time, in a safe place with other people around you!

I met nat (she is here on ino somewhere Smile ) at the liverpool mcr gig the other week and she was scared that we wernt real people, plus im six years older than her. but she came with her mum first, and made sure we wernt psychos! we ended up having a great day and i now think shes a really good friend, its all about bein careful really I think.
X-No-Sense-At-All-X
Joining The Black Parade
X-No-Sense-At-All-X
November 20th, 2006 at 02:51pm
I agree it's all about being careful and if you decide to meet, take someone with you just in case! I've met a few really good people from the internet! but I'm always super careful when talking with new people.
HaleyRevanssi
Thinking Happy Thoughts
HaleyRevanssi
November 20th, 2006 at 06:03pm
OK...I think that the people who get raped, etc. by internet predators, well I think its their own fault. THEY were the one that added the buddy to their myspace, etc. that they DIDNT KNOW. They started it. They let themseslves be dragged into it. People all the time hear that they shouldnt give out information about themselves to random people they dont know, but they do anyway....Now, dont get me wrong, I do feel sympathy for them. Some of them dont see it happening. But I do think they get themselves into this mess!
x-Hail Of Bullets-x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
x-Hail Of Bullets-x
November 20th, 2006 at 06:08pm
oO:i:LuV:mCr:Xx:
OK...I think that the people who get raped, etc. by internet predators, well I think its their own fault. THEY were the one that added the buddy to their myspace, etc. that they DIDNT KNOW. They started it.

No one DESERVES to be raped - it's not their fault.

I think that on the internet it's very difficult to know whose being genuine & whose not. I don't think there's anything wrong with adding someone to your buddy list who you don't know, I mean, there's nothing wrong with having chatting buddies.

I think it's more what other people have said - it's about common sense & being careful.
Feel What You Feel.
Bleeding on the Floor
Feel What You Feel.
November 20th, 2006 at 06:11pm
If you tell someone on the internet where you live and different things about you, you have to be prepared for the consequences. If the person isn't who you think they are and they do something to you, I'm not saying it's your fault, I'm saying that if they hadn't given out the information then the person wouldn't have done that.
It's cause and effect really. It's not their fault per se, but they did start it by talking to them in the first place.
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
Bleeding on the Floor
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
November 21st, 2006 at 07:49am
Asleep Or Dead:
If you tell someone on the internet where you live and different things about you, you have to be prepared for the consequences. If the person isn't who you think they are and they do something to you, I'm not saying it's your fault, I'm saying that if they hadn't given out the information then the person wouldn't have done that.
It's cause and effect really. It's not their fault per se, but they did start it by talking to them in the first place.

A lot of the kids doing this though are completly innocent and just dont realise what they are doing a lot of the time I think. There needs to be better education because a lot of the time people are all too willing to believe what they hear.
HaleyRevanssi
Thinking Happy Thoughts
HaleyRevanssi
November 23rd, 2006 at 09:11pm
i didnt mean for it to come off mean, i was just saying that there are a lot of things going around that are telling them NOT TO TALK TO STRANGERs but they go ahead and do it....and i do feel that even though they started it they dont deserve to get raped!
aLittleKILLjoy
Killjoy
aLittleKILLjoy
November 24th, 2006 at 12:15pm
druscilla_way:
I had an internet predator at one point in time. I was preyed on because I was extremely depressed at the time and clingy. I clung really tight to this person because they made me feel important.

It's scary how they can read you.

I totally agree. I have done some very stupid things and I look back and wish I could go back in time and kick my ass. I met someone in a KoRn chatroom when I was 14 or so and he was in his late 20's. We started talking on the phone and then he sent me some weird pics of himself...doing...things...*shudder*. I won't go into details but he started getting very strange and scary and clingy.
I feel completely pathetic that I was manipulated via freakin e-mail and I think I really should've ended up kidnapped with my stupidity but when you feel it's just you and him against the world, you do some pretty stupid things.
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
November 24th, 2006 at 02:35pm
I think that if you dont give out to much information (Adress, last name etc.) and dont post pictures of yourself then I dont think anything lethal could happen. And if you post a picture of yourself its very dangerous, as even though you delete it some people could have saved it into their computer, and you cant erase that.
xXDr. KrazyXx
Fabulous Killjoy
xXDr. KrazyXx
November 24th, 2006 at 03:31pm
I think that internet predators need to get a life. I'm sure they live where they can get some sort of sexual attention, somehow. It's not that hard, people.
Internet predators disgust me.