Don't have an account? Create one!

Internet Predators

AuthorMessage
dream brother
Jazz Hands
dream brother
November 26th, 2006 at 03:56am
I-love-you-blonde-gw:
I think that internet predators need to get a life. I'm sure they live where they can get some sort of sexual attention, somehow. It's not that hard, people.
Internet predators disgust me.

you've obviously never had a problem getting attention but have a thought for lonely depressed people who can't get attention at all and have to turn to the internet for gratification

sure some take it way to far and start preying on the young and weak but for you to say go out in the real world and get attention its not going to work like that because they don't get attention in the real world its why they turn to the net

im not trying to say all lonely people are potential rapists and that all rapists are just lonely but the way you worded your comment made it sound like you were having a go at depressed and lonely people

PAGE CLAIM!!11!!1!lol1!1!111!!!!
Disappearing_Act
Killjoy
Disappearing_Act
November 26th, 2006 at 09:13am
I think the Internet can be a dangerous place if it's misused. For example, girls who post slutty pictures of themselves on MySpace. That's not exactly the smartest thing to do when the guy claiming to be twenty-two that you just added to your friends list could potentially be a fifty-five year old registered sex offender.

I'm really cautious about what I divulge to people on the Internet -- I don't have a MySpace, I don't give out my age, I don't give out my exact location, and I don't make plans to meet my Internet friends in real life. 'Cause that'd be pretty stupid of me, considering the Web has become a cesspool of psychos and child molestors...molesters...whatever. But, bottom line, I'm careful.
Human Wreckage xx
Really Not Okay
Human Wreckage xx
March 5th, 2007 at 07:38pm
the internet is a very dangerous place.
you can NEVER be too carful about predators.
you know that aim buddy you've been chatting with for about a month who says they are 16? they're actually a 50 year old predator whos trying to smooth talk your address out of you.
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
March 5th, 2007 at 10:17pm
Be smart.
Most important rule.
Smile
Frankie-Oreo
Salute You in Your Grave
Frankie-Oreo
March 20th, 2007 at 09:54am
Ugh, i watched a news report on Channel 9 News on monday night and it had a story about myspace. and you know what they told parents to make sure their kids did if they get a myspace?

don't post information about yourself
dont post PHOTOS (that angered me becuase its the whole point)
and dont accept friend requests from people you dont know

the last one i get but...seriously...lighten up.
did anyone else watch this?
Lights
Salute You in Your Grave
Lights
March 21st, 2007 at 11:50pm
Myspace is not the problem, the stupid people on it are the problem.
There was a girl on the news who went to meet some guy she met on myspace, got raped or something, and then blamed it ALL on myspace.
It's your own damn fault if you can't be smart enough to not meet some random guy in a park.
girl interrupted.
Salute You in Your Grave
girl interrupted.
March 22nd, 2007 at 05:40pm
My mum and dad are totally cool about ino and msn and myspace. Both my parents are msners, my dad's a forum person and used to have a myspace, and they've been cool with ino since I signed up. Even cooler about it since my best friend's mother signed up or read all these boards - i can't remember what she said. My mum read all my Bebo profile and she's super cool. The only thing she said was "I don't like your skin" - because it's black and covered in red bloodlike marks Very Happy.
My step parents are kinda paranoid, but not "Zomg, what are you on? are you downloading stoooffff? What is it???!?!!?!?"
My nan thinks anyone who is on the internet looks at pon or something...

But anyway, I don't ever plan on meeting anyone from online. But, when I told my dad that people on here were going to the same mcr concert, he asked me if I wanted to meet them. I was like... "Surprised I dont know...."

I think the internet's okay and 100% safe if you use it right.
dont stop.
Salute You in Your Grave
dont stop.
March 22nd, 2007 at 10:32pm
I'm sick that myspace is blamed for peoples' kids' stupidity...
If you haven't taught your kid not to talk to random middle aged men on myspace or to not talk to strangers or meet up with them then it's YOUR FAULT your child was kidnapped or raped. Damn. What's your problem?
HeartShaped--Glasses
Killjoy
HeartShaped--Glasses
March 23rd, 2007 at 01:23am
i think that although internet predators are disgusting,young people today arent careful enough.The other day a friend and I went on a chat room asking a girl asl...she said 15/f/ny I replied im from new york too...50/m/ny...she continued her conversation with this 50year old even though he came across as dodgy!That tells me that people need to open their eyes and look out for these people...dont be so daft!!
Hang 'Me High
Killjoy
Hang 'Me High
March 23rd, 2007 at 05:21am
See, it isn't so big in the UK, the whole predator thing. But I give out my address to bands that add my record label so they can contact me with material and other stuff, press clippings etc, but I don't do that on my personal. Everyone on there (all 100 people) are friends of mine and the other 600 are bands!
Ghostgirl191
Jazz Hands
Ghostgirl191
March 23rd, 2007 at 03:53pm
well i remember that this woman tried to sue the maker of myspace because her daughter met a guy on myspace and then met him in a public place and was kidnapped.

truth is, its not only the predators fault, but also the girls. she should've been more careful. she should've known not to meet a stranger alone. and obviously predator knew that what he was doing was wrong. or maybe her mom just didn't raise her with the common knowledge that you cant trust everyone on the internet.
Easy Mac
In The Murder Scene
Easy Mac
March 24th, 2007 at 12:16am
It's the girls's fault. She shouldn't have met him if she doesn't know the person. You can't trust people on the internet, especially if you don't even know the person.
Bloodredrose1
Fabulous Killjoy
Bloodredrose1
March 24th, 2007 at 08:51am
It's good to be alert and aware of it but why let someone else mistake (the offender) ruin ur internet time plus not EVERY person on the internet is a sex offender. I met my boyfriend online and he's not an online offender.
Jeffree Star
Motor Baby
Jeffree Star
March 24th, 2007 at 11:00am
kids:
It's been a big issue, especially with Myspace.
There's this show on NBC, or maybe it's a different channel, it's called "How to Catch a Predator."

Very interesting.

What's your guys' take on the whole issue?

Well I think Myspace is dangerous for young children. It exposes them to things they don't even need to know about until they're older. I hear my sister's friends have myspaces and they're only like 9 years old. Predators are out there all the time just looking for someone to get. Everyday I see at least one child missing because of talking on the internet with some 40 year old low-life.
Now anyone tell me who want's their child to be exposed? Wink
anna's just a kid.
In The Murder Scene
anna's just a kid.
March 24th, 2007 at 11:04am
Considering how almost always theres nothing that you can do to stop the predator from tracking people down, it all depends on how you use the internet.

My mom is really protective of me when I'm on the internet; She always asks me who I'm talking to me and what site I'm on. I trust myself on the internet. I don't give out my full name, phone number, or my address to anybody. I have to feel that I can really truly trust that person.
I've only given that stuff out once on the internet.
elmo-mcr
Killjoy
elmo-mcr
March 25th, 2007 at 05:11am
hi guys wats up .well idont live with my mum so i dnt care but my dad never lets me actually get anything accept food and clothes how gay anywayyz laters
elmo-mcr
Killjoy
elmo-mcr
March 25th, 2007 at 05:11am
no offence to gayss
ImNotOkay3505
Salute You in Your Grave
ImNotOkay3505
March 25th, 2007 at 12:10pm
TheSleepless:
Myspace is not the problem, the stupid people on it are the problem.
There was a girl on the news who went to meet some guy she met on myspace, got raped or something, and then blamed it ALL on myspace.
It's your own damn fault if you can't be smart enough to not meet some random guy in a park.

AMEN.
YourStarlessEyes
Killjoy
YourStarlessEyes
March 25th, 2007 at 08:30pm
I agree when somebody said "My mom thinks everyone on the internet is out to get me."

Parents are a real problem. I subscribe to a political Canadian Magazine called Mcleans ( or something of that name) and there was an article called 'Are we killing our kids?' This article talked about how we deprive kids of their childhood, and they are getting more obese because parents are worried about letting their children play outside. What do you think about it? Mail me for your opinions.
halle2495
Killjoy
halle2495
June 26th, 2007 at 10:58pm
I am EXTERMELY careful abotu who I add on myspace, if I haven't personally meet them befor eI will not add them. An d my privacy settings are very high. And my dad has to see the profile of the person I want to add before I add them