Don't have an account? Create one!

Gerard's voice

AuthorMessage
bleeding on the floor
Jazz Hands
bleeding on the floor
June 17th, 2005 at 01:24pm
Another point I want to make tonight about IBYMBYBMYL: this might not make sense, but does anyone think Gerard seems far away from the mic compared to in TCFSR? I know that's weird, but if you close you eyes when you listen, with TCFSR, it's almost as if Gerard's with you in the room, where with IBYMBYBMYR, it's like he's outside you'r window shouting in. Confused Weird. Anyone else get what I'm saying?
bleeding on the floor
Jazz Hands
bleeding on the floor
June 17th, 2005 at 01:27pm
..........so that's a no then Laughing
serene dream
Salute You in Your Grave
serene dream
June 17th, 2005 at 01:28pm
i think its cause his voice matured over the period of the albums

also could've used different equipment
bleeding on the floor
Jazz Hands
bleeding on the floor
June 17th, 2005 at 01:31pm
Could have, mate. I think he's had voice coaching too, to be honest, because he sounds very...um...raw (there, there's a good word for it!) on the 1st album, espeacially toward the end of "Sunsets in Monroeville"- maybe the record company told him to improve on his voice.
teh calculators pwn you
Jazz Hands
teh calculators pwn you
June 17th, 2005 at 01:34pm
The first album was recorded so much more less professionally then the first one, so I think that probably has an effect of how his voice sounds different.

And I agree that his voice has matured, also.

I actually think he sounded better on the first album, it was more intense and raw.
bleeding on the floor
Jazz Hands
bleeding on the floor
June 17th, 2005 at 01:41pm
I guess so, but some songs just don't have to be raw. Take Helena, for example- when Gerad's singing at the start, I think that's also intense because he whispers as well, which makes you kind of think (or i did anyways)
Annaundead;
Awake and Unafraid
Annaundead;
June 17th, 2005 at 03:16pm
i agree with serene_dream
mollz
Salute You in Your Grave
mollz
June 17th, 2005 at 07:10pm
teh calculators pwn you:
The first album was recorded so much more less professionally then the first one, so I think that probably has an effect of how his voice sounds different.

I actually think he sounded better on the first album, it was more intense and raw.
I agree with all of that.
IluvMYCHEMICALROMANCE
Killjoy
IluvMYCHEMICALROMANCE
June 17th, 2005 at 08:37pm
his voice is sexy, awesome, mesmerising, amazing, beautiful, wonderful. so shutup about how its changed or matured or whatever...
i<3MCR
Fabulous Killjoy
i<3MCR
June 17th, 2005 at 09:09pm
omg his voice is really sexy, especially when he screams *shivers* he always gives me goosebumps
IluvMYCHEMICALROMANCE
Killjoy
IluvMYCHEMICALROMANCE
June 17th, 2005 at 09:57pm
i<3gerardandfrank:
omg his voice is really sexy, especially when he screams *shivers* he always gives me goosebumps

I totally agree. Gerard is soo.. hot
we ALL can't be good
Joining The Black Parade
we ALL can't be good
June 17th, 2005 at 10:44pm
teh calculators pwn you:

u mean the second one?
WalkTheDead
Killjoy
WalkTheDead
June 18th, 2005 at 12:09am
M.I.B. is teh poo:
teh calculators pwn you:

I agree with all of that.
so do i, couldnt have said it better myself
I ARE TRISH.HEAR ME ROAR!
Salute You in Your Grave
I ARE TRISH.HEAR ME ROAR!
June 18th, 2005 at 02:10am
his voice is awsome.
Define Normal
Killjoy
Define Normal
June 18th, 2005 at 07:20pm
His voice sounds great on both albums.

*off subject*

Why are almost all the threads locked?
hotel bella muerte
Killjoy
hotel bella muerte
June 18th, 2005 at 11:23pm
he sounds hott I MEAN AMAZING (slip sorry lol) on both albums <33333
SatanWantsYourBaby
Killjoy
SatanWantsYourBaby
June 19th, 2005 at 12:00am
I love Gerards voice...I know what you mean about sounding distant but I think they've just got better equipment and they've just developed a more professional sound now...happens to most bands
emurlee
Demolition Lover
emurlee
June 19th, 2005 at 01:50pm
I like how Gerard sounds far away in the first album, it makes it different... but some songs like Headfirst for Halos he sounds close. It's just in TCFSR there's none of the effect they used in IBYMBYBMYL, which is probably best heard in Early Sunsets over Monroeville... yeah. I love the way he sounds far off in that song, 'tis kewl. =D
bleeding on the floor
Jazz Hands
bleeding on the floor
June 19th, 2005 at 02:28pm
Emily:
I like how Gerard sounds far away in the first album, it makes it different... but some songs like Headfirst for Halos he sounds close. It's just in TCFSR there's none of the effect they used in IBYMBYBMYL, which is probably best heard in Early Sunsets over Monroeville... yeah. I love the way he sounds far off in that song, 'tis kewl. =D

yea, it really captures the/his? (wait, not his, or i dont think he's ever killed a gf lol!) character well because it seems more real.
Teenage Death Girl
Salute You in Your Grave
Teenage Death Girl
June 19th, 2005 at 06:09pm
teh calculators pwn you:

serene_dream:
i think its cause his voice matured over the period of the albums

also could've used different equipment

yes! i agree. but bullets sounds really good to. Their both different and i think thats awesome. in bullets it sounds good that its far away because it goes with the songs somehow. and in revenge it sounds good that its more close up sounding because again, it seems to go with the songs. i cant even imagine what it would be like if it was switched around. so yes...its good! and gerards voice still sounds awesome...