Don't have an account? Create one!

Gerard's voice

AuthorMessage
addictedto_mychem
Joining The Black Parade
addictedto_mychem
May 3rd, 2007 at 09:02am
Ahhh Gerard's voice is pretty much flawless, let's be honest....his voice is amazing.. I could listen to him sing for hours on end <3 and look at him too hehe.
rebel-in-black
Killjoy
rebel-in-black
July 9th, 2007 at 03:35am
serene dream:
i think its cause his voice matured over the period of the albums

also could've used different equipment

plus also tcfsr was in a major studio
Control Your Toaster
Fabulous Killjoy
Control Your Toaster
July 9th, 2007 at 05:31am
Yeah his voice is amazing.. and has matured each album..because of the major studio equipment.. but i have always loved his voice!! even in bullets.
themillenia
Joining The Black Parade
themillenia
August 9th, 2007 at 01:14am
Reply ยป
|Flag |#1 Feb 2, 2007
I really love Gerard's voice.It's so unique.I like how he adds different accents to his voice. For example, in the Black Parade album, you here here a lot of country like in the song House of Wolves. I love it when he did that trill with his tounge in the ashes to ashes verse. Also once he added some Spanish in one of the songs Jetset life is gonna kill you I believe. That verse where he said "check into the Hotel Bella Muerte" was so cool.He really sounded Spanish.(Ray probably taught him that) Gerard can really sing. He has so much style and talent. One of the reasons why I think MCR is so great is because they have variety in their songs. Other bands just have that same punk rock sound as usual but when you listen to MCR, it's like a whole all the genres of music incorperated but it's mainly rock.You know what I mean.I just wanted to point that out.
writerGrrl
Salute You in Your Grave
writerGrrl
August 9th, 2007 at 02:12am
I_Don't_Love_You:
Yeah his voice is amazing.. and has matured each album..because of the major studio equipment.. but i have always loved his voice!! even in bullets.

Wow, I was just about to bring that up. I think the reason why his voice is less raw in Revenge and TBP than in Bullets is because the band had access to better studio equipment, resources, voice training and the like. However I think it's also practice. When they were doing Bullets he had just started singing for the first time since the 4th grade. And the fact that there was nothing wrong with his teeth while they were recording the other albums.

However sometimes I miss his old voice, especially in the beginning Demolition Lovers, I wish he could sing like that more often.
Mr.Armstrong
Awake and Unafraid
Mr.Armstrong
August 9th, 2007 at 03:19am
when gerard sings his voice is amazing
when he talks its somewhat diffferent.
me and my dad were watching one of mcrs interviews and my dad was all why does he have a girls voice?lmao i laughed

DESTROYA
Salute You in Your Grave
DESTROYA
August 9th, 2007 at 03:52am
his voice is amazing you dont hear many people sing like him
the_Saminator
Thinking Happy Thoughts
the_Saminator
August 9th, 2007 at 04:18am
Gerard's voice makes me wanna have an orgasm. Very Happy Sorry, I know that might be too much info.
Franktastic.
Bleeding on the Floor
Franktastic.
August 9th, 2007 at 04:54am
His voice in Revenge is the best for me.

FallOutofGrace
Jazz Hands
FallOutofGrace
August 9th, 2007 at 07:04am
Does anyone think his voice is getting bad from smoking? I don't really, but I was watching some live MCR videos on youtube and couple people commented saying they thought his voice was getting messed up from smoking. It's probably not good for his voice to smoke so much though.
SuChanNoir
Jazz Hands
SuChanNoir
August 9th, 2007 at 07:10am
Shocked Yes! i somewhat agree that it mite be getting all messed up with his smoking and whatnot...

but i still love his voice...
Blue_Demon
Motor Baby
Blue_Demon
August 9th, 2007 at 08:27am
Some people think that his voice could get a bit more huskier due to smoking; but yea he's screwing up his voice majorly if he continues to smoke, hopefully he's trying to quiet.
Back to the subject though; I prefer how Gerard sounds in WTTBP just because it's more clearer than the last two albums, upon saying that the first one wasn't done at a proper studio....
themillenia
Joining The Black Parade
themillenia
August 9th, 2007 at 05:23pm
Graciela:
Does anyone think his voice is getting bad from smoking? I don't really, but I was watching some live MCR videos on youtube and couple people commented saying they thought his voice was getting messed up from smoking. It's probably not good for his voice to smoke so much though.

I've noticed that. It seems like in the beginning during Bullets, Gerard's voice was soft and shy, but clear. He sounded really great when he sang the soft mellow songs like the beginning of Vampire, Early Sunsets over Monroeville, and Demolition Lovers.Then during Three Cheers, his voice got clearer and more confident. I believe during that time that he really performed his best.But all of a sudden it got worse. His voice seemed to loose it's umph and sounds gravelly and airy. Now a days he has to rely on Ray or the audience to hit the high note or sing the rest of the song. I believe it's all due to the smoking unfortunately.
hairlikeray
Joining The Black Parade
hairlikeray
August 9th, 2007 at 06:52pm
ya i know what you mean did anyone also notice that his voice seems much higher pitched then it did in the last two records??
S-I-N I S-I-N
Fabulous Killjoy
S-I-N I S-I-N
August 9th, 2007 at 06:57pm
Gerard's voice changed, it seems stronger and like said above more mature. It's probably a different Mic. too.
S-I-N I S-I-N
Fabulous Killjoy
S-I-N I S-I-N
August 9th, 2007 at 07:02pm
Also, Gerard was on Drugs and was an alcoholic, that might have something to do with it. Gerard didn't really some unill he quit drugs and alcohol so that also might be a factor.
Amanda Young
Bleeding on the Floor
Amanda Young
August 9th, 2007 at 09:41pm
I love his voice and it makes him even sexier.

I alwayz have thought he's sounded good but I think he's getting much better.
Faye Merci
Salute You in Your Grave
Faye Merci
August 9th, 2007 at 10:42pm
samanthaway:
gerard way's voice is sooooooo hott and hes soooo hott and i think that he is getting maried though... tear: Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
hes soooo hott and his voice is amazing and he is ooo sooo hotttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In Love In Love i luvvvvv him i luvv him l luvvv him !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In Love In Love In Love In Love In Love In Love In Love In Love In Love In Love Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed hes soooooooo hottt and miii dream boiiii!!! hes sooooooo hotttt!!!!!
In Love In Love In Love In Love In Love In Love In Love In Love In Love Naughty lol

ugh. proof the INO is going to hell?
writerGrrl
Salute You in Your Grave
writerGrrl
August 10th, 2007 at 05:29am
^^^It's okay, that was posted more than 3 months ago.

To not spam...what I find interesting about Gerard's voice is it sounds kinda like he's speaking in a Southern accent even though he's from New Jersey.
drink ourselves dry.
Crash Queen
drink ourselves dry.
April 12th, 2008 at 12:07am
His voice has grown.