Serial Killers.

AuthorMessage
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
May 27th, 2007 at 11:22am
XKilling JarX:
Soleniod:
I think that they make great additions to novels and horror stories! I do kinda wish they weren't in real life. Like unicorns, only in movies and novels. But I think some of them are really insane and have motives that are way out there.

Whhy do you wish that they didn't exist in real life?
If we didn't have serial killers, then we wouldn't have the right to have doctors.
Every good is balanced with an evil (of sorts). Doctors give life, serial killers and murderers take it away.

Not quite. Doctors save lives from illness and injury. If we didn't have illness and injury, we wouldn't have doctors, but only because we wouldn't need them. So those people would be doing something else with their lives.

And doctors don't give lives; mothers give lives (well, and fathers - sperm, more accurately). So the opposite of a murderer would be a mother, I suppose. But I really think humans are too complex to have true opposites anyway.

Also, if you want to add something to your post, hit the 'edit' button next to 'quote' 'link' and 'report', rather than posting three times in a row.
Ice-Cold Flames
Killjoy
Ice-Cold Flames
May 27th, 2007 at 11:39am
Serial Killers scare me, they often have a bad life so decided to take others but the reasons behind the murders is just awful, what gives them the right to take other peoples lives?!? I wish they don't exist but we live in a horrible world of murder and they are just enough fact of life we have to deal with
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 18th, 2007 at 07:38pm
Serial killers scare me too.
I think there must be a phsycological(sp.) imbalance with all of them.
CyanideRomantic
Killjoy
CyanideRomantic
October 18th, 2007 at 08:14pm
Welll.............................I know a person who unfortunately, killed someone..........but the circumsatncis where, how would you put it???..................Non-conventional so they were sentenced akwardly..they are still amazing people and can contribute to society and the judges believed that and so did the jury, and so did his friends and family....I stil get to see him without a wall and talking thru a phone because hes in my arms when I want him, and hes home..I dont know if you could understand but I do love him and he does regret what he did...though most people do thank him for doing it ( not me personally)....But it is so much more akward than that so please dont judge them harshly because these are people who still love.......Now homicidal maniacs.....whole different story!!!.....( trying to lighten the mood...love always, Valentine
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
October 19th, 2007 at 01:47am
CyanideRomantic:
Welll.............................I know a person who unfortunately, killed someone..........but the circumsatncis where, how would you put it???..................Non-conventional so they were sentenced akwardly..they are still amazing people and can contribute to society and the judges believed that and so did the jury, and so did his friends and family....I stil get to see him without a wall and talking thru a phone because hes in my arms when I want him, and hes home..I dont know if you could understand but I do love him and he does regret what he did...though most people do thank him for doing it ( not me personally)....But it is so much more akward than that so please dont judge them harshly because these are people who still love.......Now homicidal maniacs.....whole different story!!!.....( trying to lighten the mood...love always, Valentine

Not all serial killers are like this, though. A lot of them have psychological problems, some have mental disabilities [they're different things]. Some of them are just plain nuts.

It doesn't matter they "regret what they did" or that they "still love"; they killed another human being, or other human beings, and if they did it intentionally then their sentence should do justice to the victim's
family(ies).

I'm sorry, but if you intentionally kill another human being, then you are not a good a person. You are dangerous and should be locked up, with the key thrown away.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
October 19th, 2007 at 02:32am
F i a:
Serial killers scare me too.
I think there must be a phsycological(sp.) imbalance with all of them.

they do in a way. like it could depend on alot of different factors, normally yes they are mentally unstable, ussually something from childhoodsets them of.it totally depends on different things.
but nobody was born evil, we were all born good, it's just the actions we chose to live our lifes by. but they aren't nessecarilly evil or scary people
CyanideRomantic
Killjoy
CyanideRomantic
October 20th, 2007 at 12:34am
....I thought the way you all feel but when reality came, it was hard at first, i thought the person was mentally unstable, but it turned out the person was only a threat to that one person, and no one else....he changed a lot, dont get me wrong, but he is still a loving human being....so just try not to judge to harshly..i know where you guys are coming from but just remeber...there is ALWAYS an exception
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
October 20th, 2007 at 01:40am
Well, the way I see it, is that there is no exception for taking another human being's life away. EVER. Imagine if someone killed your mother / father / brother / sister / best friend / partner etc. if they were deemed to be a "threat"? Just because they're seen to be a "threat" it doesn't mean they should be killed because of it.
Ignore Alien Orders
Salute You in Your Grave
Ignore Alien Orders
October 20th, 2007 at 02:51am
For every rule there's an exception. I don't believe in the intentional taking of another's life but it's just naiive to assume that it's really all black and white.

the sharpest lives.
Shotgun Sinner
the sharpest lives.
October 20th, 2007 at 04:20am
Serial killers scare me, of course.
Most serial killers do have pshycological problems but some don't. Some just become that way somehow. I don't know how to explain it but...basically, i think if someone kills someone intentially, thats wrong. They should be locked away for a long time.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
October 20th, 2007 at 05:18am
I understand that there can be exceptions for serial killers with mental disabilities, as they can't help it because of their condition.

But for people with average intelligence, who are average people [i.e they don't have any mental disabilities] I don't see why there should be an exception. Especially if they admit to it.
Ignore Alien Orders
Salute You in Your Grave
Ignore Alien Orders
October 20th, 2007 at 09:35pm
Hypothetic: a man's young-ish daughter is raped; he finds out who did it and kills him.

Is it the wrong thing to do? Absolutely.
Is it also understandable? Yup.
Is it the same as a random and violent thrill kill? Not really.

I agree that intentionally taking a life is always wrong, but not all instances are the same.

sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 21st, 2007 at 12:05pm
^^ That's not really a serial killing though.
Ignore Alien Orders
Salute You in Your Grave
Ignore Alien Orders
October 21st, 2007 at 04:05pm
It's not, but the argument was posed against all taking of human life.

sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 21st, 2007 at 07:52pm
^^ Oh right, sorry, my bad.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
October 22nd, 2007 at 06:28am
Billy Pilgrim:
Hypothetic: a man's young-ish daughter is raped; he finds out who did it and kills him.

I agree that intentionally taking a life is always wrong, but not all instances are the same.

You're saying it's "understandable" that someone killed another person because that person raped his daughter.
I'm sorry, but to me, that's bullshit. I can definately understand that the the father would be immensly angry to say the very least, and also that raping someone is also highly unnacceptable, but to me that's no excuse for killing someone else. It would be very hypocritical of the father to kill the person who raped his daughter.

And I realise that each and every murder case is going to be different, due to circumstances etc. All I'm saying is, that if the person is "normal" and doesn't suffer from any mental disabilities, or any disorders that cause the person to act abnormally, then there should be no excuse. And if they did it on an impulse and plead that it was an accident, then they still deserve to be punished for it.
Ignore Alien Orders
Salute You in Your Grave
Ignore Alien Orders
October 22nd, 2007 at 06:37am
PlushToy:
Billy Pilgrim:

You're saying it's "understandable" that someone killed another person because that person raped his daughter.
I'm sorry, but to me, that's bullshit. I can definately understand that the the father would be immensly angry to say the very least, and also that raping someone is also highly unnacceptable, but to me that's no excuse for killing someone else. It would be very hypocritical of the father to kill the person who raped his daughter.

And I realise that each and every murder case is going to be different, due to circumstances etc. All I'm saying is, that if the person is "normal" and doesn't suffer from any mental disabilities, or any disorders that cause the person to act abnormally, then there should be no excuse. And if they did it on an impulse and plead that it was an accident, then they still deserve to be punished for it.

How is it hypocritical? No one said the guy had anything against revenge or vindictive behavior, and the motivation behind raping someone and killing them in a crazed instance of revenge are about as different as you can get. Neither is right but there are shades of gray in everything.
Consequences should still be served but on a minor side note that's a tangent from a tangent, the main objective of the justice system [in theory] isn't punishment, it's rehabilitation.

Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
October 22nd, 2007 at 07:07am
I find it hypocritical because the man would be killing someone else for raping his daughter. Do you not see the irony in that? There are better ways of "getting revenge" on someone. Rolling Eyes
The main objective of the justice system isn't punishment, huh? That might be what it's meant for in theory, but in practice it's different. Tell that to someone behind bars for life because they killed a person/people. That's not rehabilitation, that's punishment. Those people put away for years on end aren't getting rehabilitated, despite what you may believe.
Berylla
Motor Baby
Berylla
October 22nd, 2007 at 10:29am
i kinda see what both of you are saying. i would ''understand'' the act of the father in this story,
but its the beginning of a vicious circle when he kills the killer.
in a creepy way, serial killers fascinate me. their motives, lives and just how they get away with it as long as it lasts.
Ignore Alien Orders
Salute You in Your Grave
Ignore Alien Orders
October 22nd, 2007 at 07:04pm
PlushToy:
I find it hypocritical because the man would be killing someone else for raping his daughter. Do you not see the irony in that? There are better ways of "getting revenge" on someone. Rolling Eyes
The main objective of the justice system isn't punishment, huh? That might be what it's meant for in theory, but in practice it's different. Tell that to someone behind bars for life because they killed a person/people. That's not rehabilitation, that's punishment. Those people put away for years on end aren't getting rehabilitated, despite what you may believe.

Firstly, I was considering studying law, so I've been to prisons and spoken to convicted murderers for my criminal law class. My beliefs have been strengthened by that experience, if anything. As for what it is in practice? I believe that's wrong.

Secondly, I do see the irony, but the fact is that in a fit of rage, you don't see as clearly as you and I can now. The law even has a distinction for that in most states: it's called "extreme emotional disturbance," and in many cases can bring a sentence from first or second degree murder down to manslaughter.

The question isn't whether the hypothetical man's actions were right; I agree that they were wrong. I also agree that he should serve his time in prison. However, that doesn't change the fact that his actions under the circumstances are understandable.