Don't have an account? Create one!

Serial Killers.

AuthorMessage
Firefly.
Salute You in Your Grave
Firefly.
October 22nd, 2007 at 07:53pm
I agree, they are fasinating, in that sick way that most humans find interesting. Ah, our race, none like it.

Anyway, yes, they are fasinating, and I'd love to talk to one and ask just what the FUCK they were thinking. But then they might kill me. :3

[spam] Page claim goes to David Berkowitz, the original Anti-Relationship...ist. [/spam]
Fading Sanity
Bleeding on the Floor
Fading Sanity
October 23rd, 2007 at 03:16am
[size=75]~Hmmm... I've never really thought about serial killers in this manner before, but now that I have, it is kinda fascinating. I mean what makes them want to kill mass amounts of people? Sick and twisted as it may be.

Then again, isn't everything that goes on in the human brain fascinating? [/size/]
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
October 23rd, 2007 at 11:05am
Billy Pilgrim:

Secondly, I do see the irony, but the fact is that in a fit of rage, you don't see as clearly as you and I can now. The law even has a distinction for that in most states: it's called "extreme emotional disturbance," and in many cases can bring a sentence from first or second degree murder down to manslaughter.

The question isn't whether the hypothetical man's actions were right; I agree that they were wrong. I also agree that he should serve his time in prison. However, that doesn't change the fact that his actions under the circumstances are understandable.

That's all fine and wonderful for the person who committed the murder, but what about the family of the person he killed? If anyone killed my father, brother, sister, mother, etc. despite "extreme emotional disturbance", I would see that the murderer be put away for as long as possible.

I have no sympthy for people who are "extremely disturbed" emotionally when they commit a murder, or murders. And I understand that they are in a different state of mind, but I don't believe they should be treated any differently, mainly because I don't have any empathy or sympathy for them. Cry me a river. Rolling Eyes
Ignore Alien Orders
Salute You in Your Grave
Ignore Alien Orders
October 23rd, 2007 at 10:29pm
"Extreme Emotional Disturbance" really equates temporary insanity. You don't need a preexisting chemical imbalance to lose control. And it has to be proven in court by psychiatric evaluations, etc. It isn't some idiotic twinkie defense, it's as real and credible as any other kind of psychotic episode.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
October 24th, 2007 at 12:44am
Yes, and I understand that, I've already said that, and you've already stated ^^that. You don't need to beat a dead horse. Rolling Eyes
Ignore Alien Orders
Salute You in Your Grave
Ignore Alien Orders
October 24th, 2007 at 01:18am
Apparently I do, because you're treating it as if it shouldn't matter as far as sentencing/charging goes. If it's equivalent to other psychotic problems involved in a crime [as in, if it effects perception and distinction between right and wrong in the same way] then it should have a similar effect on sentencing and charging regardless of your threshold for empathy, yes?

Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
October 24th, 2007 at 01:25am
That's not what I'm saying. Of course it should be taken into account. All I'm saying is that I personally couldn't give a fuck about serial killers / murderers. I'm not saying it shouldn't be taken into account. I just choose to not tolerate anyone that kills another human being, regardless of their state of mind. That's just the way I am.
never coming home.
Bleeding on the Floor
never coming home.
December 18th, 2007 at 06:42pm
---I think that serial killers like Charles Manson and BTK (Dennis Raider) had pretty twisted minds. They both had fantasies but of different kinds. Something must have gone pretty wrong in their childhood to make them do the things that they have done. I know that when BTK (Dennis Raider) was a child, he tortured and killed animals. If adults knew that he did that when he was a kid they should have gotten him help of some sort until it stopped.
sir_pleb
Jazz Hands
sir_pleb
December 19th, 2007 at 06:15pm
I think that murder could, in certain cases, be a type of art form. I don't condone it, of course. Just that while some are mundane and dull, others could have a certain finesse and style. Of course the murderer should be punished but there could be a beauty in the act.

And now you all think I'm psychotic. Great.
Toybox Trash
Killjoy
Toybox Trash
July 22nd, 2008 at 06:21pm
Go to this page. This guy was a total psychopath.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
July 22nd, 2008 at 08:21pm
Shiny!:
I think that murder could, in certain cases, be a type of art form. I don't condone it, of course. Just that while some are mundane and dull, others could have a certain finesse and style. Of course the murderer should be punished but there could be a beauty in the act.

Can you give an example of how it could be an art form, though? You said "finesse and style', but it didn't really explain anything to me.
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
July 23rd, 2008 at 12:40am
I think serial killers deserve to be pitied. I mean what kind of horrible circumstances does a person grow up in that makes him/her think it's okay to kill people?
Not that that's the reason behind all serial killings.
RedRiot.
Salute You in Your Grave
RedRiot.
July 24th, 2008 at 02:30pm
I, personally find serial killers really interesting. I'm not saying that what they do is right or should be celebrated in my eyes, just that I would like to know why they get these feelings/urges whatever you wish to call them.
deathcar.
Jazz Hands
deathcar.
July 24th, 2008 at 02:45pm
I always find the episodes of CSI that involve serial killers the most interesting :/

And I read Red Dragon by Thomas Harris recently, and that was really, really, good, and quite fascinating.

Reading about serial killers kind of intrigues me; I don't really know why.
I have no admiration for what they've done, but it's kind of interesting, in a repulsive way.
:/
Chantal
Bleeding on the Floor
Chantal
July 24th, 2008 at 04:20pm
I don't know why people always think all serial killers are insane. For one thing, some of these plots they think of are ingenious and make it very hard for them to be linked back to the crime. I mean murders go on for years without being solved. I mean yes, mental problems are always a possibility. But there is also the possibility that they could just,from events and experiences in their life,view life differently than most people. I mean look at Hannibal Lector(hes one of the fictional characters I find most interesting) Imagine how beneficial his mind could have been had he not been through what he had been through and could use his ability to read the mentality of others with such ease. Imagine how that could have helped people.
John St. John
Shotgun Sinner
John St. John
July 24th, 2008 at 04:30pm

Ok , Use Hannible Lector as an example.

He was ingenious and cunning, but no one ever said that being insane makes someone stupid. The fact he never used his brains for benificial reasons and decided to murder people makes him insane.
Chantal
Bleeding on the Floor
Chantal
July 24th, 2008 at 05:00pm
^^
I think that depends on the classification of insanity. If your talking about paranoia,schizophrenia,ect,then no.But I think here insanity is a relative term because the vast majority of people have the understanding that it is wrong to kill someone.But a serial killer could just believe differently,as easily as you and me could disagree on something like animal rights or abortion or the situation in the Middle East. We see that belief that it is alright to kill someone comepletely and totally outrageous, so we classify them as insane.

Is it wrong to kill someone?Definately. You are taking away a basic human right.But are you necceraily insane. Well it depends.

But then again, I could be comepletely wrong depending upon the definitions of these terms in the physiological community. But at the current moment,this is how I see it.
GhouliaYelps
Jazz Hands
GhouliaYelps
July 25th, 2008 at 05:57am
I personally find serial killers extremely fascinating. I don't necessarily think they're insane. Insanity implies a lack of control of their state of mind, which in most cases when it comes to serial killers is not true at all.They're considered insane but only in comparison to the world skewed view of normal. Their minds work so differently to an average human. I think its extremely interesting.
However, while in some instances, they may have experienced a traumatic childhood, many are sociopaths.. They simply lack the ability to feel and empathise, most are manipulative, have no guilt when lying etc and just have a ... compulsion i guess to kill other living things, which usually starts with animals..then escalates to other humans. I may be wrong in my definition and use of the word sociopath here, or generalizing, but i know that some people just like killing other living things.

But seriously, isn't Dexter just the cutest serial killer ever! lol
nevergetmealive
Joining The Black Parade
nevergetmealive
July 25th, 2008 at 06:36am
i think serial killers are very interesting. i think that people are definately born serial killers, their life and experiences might have helped them along to them actually killing but it was always there. i dont think they are insane cause that dictates having no control, but i do think there is some,kind of imbalance in their brain. i think most of the killers think it is art what they are doing, and it is normally for revenge or fantasy. and some also believe they are preserving something better or doing the body justice by killing the person, as after a lot of killers chop them up in a particular way or do something, like one killer who used skin for couch covers and bones for chandaliers.
you can normally tell a little bit abut the person by the bodies they leave behind, as they normally do the same thing to each. for instance (this is not a true story, just a good example of serial killers), im reading "perfume :story of a murderer" and the main character kills young women because he believes he is preserving their scent, because smell is the most important thing to him.
now im not saying any of this is right or justifies the killers, definately not. but they do have something wrong with them, but judging by (most of them) their control and presiceness (soz my brains not spelling for me today) they are not insane and have taken it apon themselves to do what they have, therefore making them deserve life in jail .
Eight Bitter Years.
Killjoy
Eight Bitter Years.
July 30th, 2008 at 08:48pm
I think that serial killers are intresting not because i enjoy killing but beacause it is intresring how their brains work.