Don't have an account? Create one!

Fate, or free will? Which controls us?

AuthorMessage
lover of others
Bleeding on the Floor
lover of others
November 21st, 2006 at 03:35pm
I think people just say that their lives are being controled by fate to console themselves for making wrong decisions.
We choose the course of our life.
Sally Stitches.
Awake and Unafraid
Sally Stitches.
November 25th, 2006 at 02:53am
A little bit of both for me. I think our lives are all planned out for us, but in rough. We make the small decisions to change our paths, but eventually, we end where we are supposed to, or close.

Without free will, we should'nt be able to think things over. We would be mechanical, unable to plan for ourselves. I think it is impossible to have anything laid out in stone, because we never know what will happen tomorrow.
Xx_kiLL_Core_xX
Killjoy
Xx_kiLL_Core_xX
November 25th, 2006 at 08:35am
I think fate controls us more because so many people today are relying on fate to help them through the hard times... Neutral I feel a little sorry for them too...
BLAH-ROAR.
Killjoy
BLAH-ROAR.
November 25th, 2006 at 04:32pm
I believe that fate, in a way, does show us things that we normally can't see. And it leads us places, we wouldn't normally go. Like, a soul mate. You can't search the whole world, looking for that ONE person. You just, find them. That is fate. Or so I believe. I think, that the choices we make, the wrong and right, that is free will. What you do with your life, that is free will. But, what you choose to do, will lead to your fate. That's just me.
Tanya1979
Fabulous Killjoy
Tanya1979
November 25th, 2006 at 10:04pm
I always agreed with free will. Yeah fate can sometimes show up. But usually in dreams. I can't tell you why I think that way. You guys might that I am a total nutcase. But even if fate did show itself, your free will can always changed fate.
Example of what I mean. This is just an example, so no laughing, OK? Say you went to see a psychic, clarvoyant or whatever else you guys call them. They told you that you would meet a guy that you would eventually marry. But the thing is, you might meet him....But doesn't mean that you will indeed marry him. That is when your free will takes over. You can't control if or when you will meet him, but free will can control if you do indeed marry him. Does this make sense?
Tanya1979
Fabulous Killjoy
Tanya1979
November 26th, 2006 at 11:21am
I'll add a bit more to it.
I have heard people say that Fate controls people's destiny.
I do believe that everyone has a purpose and reason to be here on earth.
However, I also believe that those people control what they do, where they go and who they end up being with. I also believe what will happend will happen. Not in the sense that fate made it so. I believe that Free will made it so, your Free will. And I have also heard some people blame their mistakes misfortunes on fate. Which is just a half-baked excuse to try to cover up their mistakes and misjudgments. When people tell me that they ended up with a crappy job because fate made it that way. I have to roll my eyes wildly. Because that is not how Fate works. People make their own discisions in their life span to go where they are going in life. I can add more but I won't.
justin pierre.
Awake and Unafraid
justin pierre.
November 26th, 2006 at 12:29pm
Your free will desides your fate.
(I know this is kinda spam but I first wrote "Your free will decides your face." O.o)
If you choose to go into a fire, your fate will be that you will burn.
If you choose to shoot someone, your fate will be that you'd shot and (possibly almost) killed someone.
Etc.
Free will decides where your fate goes.
And I believe its a bit of both, free will and fate, to get you where you belong on earth.
GuiLLot!Ne GiRl
Killjoy
GuiLLot!Ne GiRl
December 10th, 2006 at 04:55pm
fate is never fair so I believe in free will. At least u can control ur life, most of ur decisions depend of urself, I hate people that dont do anything thinking that life is gonna reward them for waiting.
x-crimsonregret-x
Killjoy
x-crimsonregret-x
December 10th, 2006 at 05:00pm
I don't believe in fate I believe we choose what we want to do and where we want to go etc. in other words free will.
snow at christmas.
Crash Queen
snow at christmas.
December 10th, 2006 at 08:08pm
I don't know what this means, but if you knew everything about everything in existence, you could predict the future.
But it's because of our choices that that happens, and...
I don't know where I'm going with this. But it's fun to think about.
Jo;Eating Donuts
Salute You in Your Grave
Jo;Eating Donuts
December 11th, 2006 at 02:57am
I don't believe in fate.
Fate is like my life alrealy planned and I don't want to live a life that is planned somehow, maybe by God. And I don't believe in God.
In MY opinion, my life is meaningless if I don't control it as it's given to me, not anyone else, and I think I have the right to make mine the way I want to..
And fate acts like excuses, I think. If something's gone wrong, anyone can blame the fate.
It's so passive to just follow the fate.
SFXtra
Motor Baby
SFXtra
December 11th, 2006 at 01:10pm
Free will, I think.
But we can decide our fate by using free will.
Does that make sense?
don't let me drown
Bleeding on the Floor
don't let me drown
December 11th, 2006 at 01:44pm
I beleive in fate, but also in free will.
There are lots of differents fates for everyone.
But only free will decides them.
Life'sx_xAx_xBitch
Killjoy
Life'sx_xAx_xBitch
December 13th, 2006 at 02:44pm
It's Fate to have free will
MusicalMueth
Killjoy
MusicalMueth
December 14th, 2006 at 12:48pm
I don't think anyone or anything controls what happens in our future except us. I think things that happen unexpectedly are not done unto us by fate, but by sheer coincidence.
dirty_babe
Killjoy
dirty_babe
January 11th, 2007 at 10:34pm
mcr saved my life!:
Fate is for romantics, free will is for the fighters!

i concur. fate is for people who think they have no controll over anything they do; so they leave it up to some imaginary force we like to refer to as "fate"... i'm not saying everything is of free will, i'm just saying that we have the power to do whatever we want.
maad larzaza.
Salute You in Your Grave
maad larzaza.
January 11th, 2007 at 10:53pm
I think it's a little of both.
But it's like... fate can't happen if we didn't have free will.

or something.
The Ush
Killjoy
The Ush
January 13th, 2007 at 02:04pm
new york cassie.:
I believe that everything happens for a reason.

I think that too Smile
XJulietLovestheBeatX
Thinking Happy Thoughts
XJulietLovestheBeatX
January 13th, 2007 at 03:22pm
anomaly to euphoria.:
Which one controls us?

I think a little bit of both. You make a lot of desicions, but sometimes, fate can take over.

Neither, G-d does.
Names are stupid!
Shotgun Sinner
Names are stupid!
January 13th, 2007 at 03:36pm
i don't believe in fate but i don't believe i have free will either. but its obvious if things aren't meant to be.