Don't have an account? Create one!

Fate, or free will? Which controls us?

AuthorMessage
echo lawrence.
Jazz Hands
echo lawrence.
February 26th, 2007 at 08:03am
I believe a bit of both. Some things you can't control, some things you can...
XxDisastrousLove
Fabulous Killjoy
XxDisastrousLove
April 13th, 2007 at 01:00pm
Psh. Fate is for those who don't want to admit that they made a mistake.
I do what I do. I make the choices I make. If they happen to be wrong, go on knowing you made the mistake and try not to make it again.
M!ChA3L
Killjoy
M!ChA3L
April 14th, 2007 at 06:32am
I had to write an essay bout this for school.

I said something like there isnt really a fate because you have free will. You choose to eat you choose to do things everyday its not set it just happens. You dont know when your gunna die but yuu make a choice one that can have certain reprocussions. I got a c on my essay wasnt that great had alot of errors lol
yoey962
Bleeding on the Floor
yoey962
April 14th, 2007 at 12:00pm
i think that the two terms can be interchangable silghtly.
i mean for instance, two people like each other for ages, then suddenly they tell each other and things happen. to some they consider it fate as they have been liking each other for ages, etc...but for the people involved it took a concious action in order to make it happen. therefore it would be considered free will as they are the ones making the decision to get together.
i didn't really think it through that thoroughly, so i hope this makes sence... Very Happy
Simple and Clean
Salute You in Your Grave
Simple and Clean
April 14th, 2007 at 12:27pm
i believe that your life is already mapped out by the spirits of the universe, but, for each problem that arises, we are given a choice, and weather we make the correct or incorrect choice is entirely up to us.
Luffy
Joining The Black Parade
Luffy
April 14th, 2007 at 02:35pm
Free-will, bluntly stated.

Some situations will be coincidential, ironic, etc. and may seem as if it was fate...

But free-will all the way. I can live in denial and there's nothing you can do to stop me!

>:3
M!ChA3L
Killjoy
M!ChA3L
April 14th, 2007 at 03:51pm
I just think you have a choice that you make not fate you control your life you choose to live your days how you want and fate dont thats what i think
raggedy doctor
Shotgun Sinner
raggedy doctor
April 23rd, 2007 at 12:01pm
I believe I have free will.
But sometimes, I blame it on fate just so I dont get told off lol
mychemrox
Joining The Black Parade
mychemrox
May 18th, 2007 at 12:03pm
its creepy to think about it.
but i believe that i have the free will to
make my own decisions.
but fate days have a hand in what i decide i guess.
UndyingSoul.
Really Not Okay
UndyingSoul.
May 18th, 2007 at 03:28pm
I believe that both play a part. Most things that happen come from free will, but sometimes things will happen that you never brought upon yourself (like being hit by a drunk driver). I think that it is mostly free will though.
MCR FREAK
Fabulous Killjoy
MCR FREAK
May 20th, 2007 at 12:48pm
Not sure i think there's fate but we controll it with free will
RedRiot.
Salute You in Your Grave
RedRiot.
May 21st, 2007 at 01:04pm
Simple and Clean:
i believe that your life is already mapped out by the spirits of the universe, but, for each problem that arises, we are given a choice, and weather we make the correct or incorrect choice is entirely up to us.

I believe that no ones life is either fate or free will, it is a mixture of both.

I believe also that fate exsists when in concerns death, as in that person was ment to go there and then. There's nothing you can do about it.
Jayus.
Salute You in Your Grave
Jayus.
May 21st, 2007 at 01:39pm
i think that fate is the final destination and free will gets us there....
like this topic... it was fate taht id end up here but it was my choice that i joined ino when i did and my choice that i posted this writing on this even though it was fate that made it happen i chose to...
apple.
Always Born a Crime
apple.
May 21st, 2007 at 01:53pm
XxDisastrousLove:
Psh. Fate is for those who don't want to admit that they made a mistake.
I do what I do. I make the choices I make. If they happen to be wrong, go on knowing you made the mistake and try not to make it again.
Pandora's Box
Motor Baby
Pandora's Box
May 21st, 2007 at 02:26pm
fate is for people who dont want to be blamed for there mistakes in life free will deffinatly contorls us or maybe our brains do? i cant decide! lol
Stripey-Stripes.
Motor Baby
Stripey-Stripes.
May 21st, 2007 at 09:23pm
i think that Fate is real and we cannot fight it but we can alter it.
that made no sense.

look, we've all got choices to make and we all have to make them. what if we are given choices and then we decide and then the outcome is Fate.
still not making sense.

if our decision is meant to be, then we will make it, no matter how many times it takes us to get to the right choice, we eventually will make the choice we were always meant to make.
but humans are inherently stupid, and it just takes us a while.
but, eventually, we will make the right choice, no matter how small.
and then we have created Fate.
Fate and Choice are the same thing.
am i making sense?
(no)
Stripey-Stripes.
Motor Baby
Stripey-Stripes.
May 21st, 2007 at 09:26pm
NotOkay22:
I believe that both play a part. Most things that happen come from free will, but sometimes things will happen that you never brought upon yourself (like being hit by a drunk driver). I think that it is mostly free will though.

but u getting hit by that driver, will effect someone's life and there choices will ALWAYS be different
Fate.
it was the free will of the driver but not of the vicitim and it is not the free will, but Fate of the person who mourns you. it was their Fate to mourn. not free will.

i make no sense.
i apologize.
DegenerateHippie
Killjoy
DegenerateHippie
May 22nd, 2007 at 03:52pm
humans will never truly know beyond theories. personally, i believe that both control us. we have the power of free will, but "fate" sometimes intervenes.

And what is fate, really? i mean, fate is probably something that human culture made up to explain bizarre coincidences. if you think about it long enough, free will controls our every action; but if you think about a certain situation you've had, then you might think about a really strange coincidence that you liked or disliked that changed that freely made disicion. and it was something that ultimately effected your life.
essentially, fate does not exist. Its just a coincidence.
but it's all in any one person's beliefs.
DegenerateHippie
Killjoy
DegenerateHippie
May 22nd, 2007 at 03:54pm
Simple and Clean:

thats an interesting way to think of it.

i like it.
DEAD!at15
Killjoy
DEAD!at15
May 22nd, 2007 at 07:15pm
Both.the way i see it is God gave us the free will to miss up our own lives and to and the free will to fix it .but i also think that you can only miss up to a certain extent before fate takes over .....yes.....
(wow..that made absolutely no sense)
for all those who got it thankyouVery Happy
for all those who dident oh well Mr. Green