Transexuals and Transgenders

AuthorMessage
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
June 15th, 2007 at 09:32pm
^
I wasn't calling you stupid.
And that's ridiuclous, saying that you know what God would consider a sin.
That's like when people say "masturbation isn't in the Bible but I know God wouldn't want you do that".
You're.Not.God.You.Don't.Know.What.He.Thinks.
And the Bible was written by men anyway.
spencer smith.
Devil's Got Your Number
spencer smith.
June 15th, 2007 at 09:43pm
Charlie The Unicorn:
Nature doesn't determine how people think, though. That's a personal choice. And I'm not even going to argue about the Bible or anything.

...You think that transsexuals choose to feel like that?
Why would anyone choose to feel like they don't belong in their own body?
Charlie The Unicorn
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Charlie The Unicorn
June 15th, 2007 at 09:52pm
druscilla; in rags:
^
I wasn't calling you stupid.
And that's ridiuclous, saying that you know what God would consider a sin.
That's like when people say "masturbation isn't in the Bible but I know God wouldn't want you do that".
You're.Not.God.You.Don't.Know.What.He.Thinks.
And the Bible was written by men anyway.

I don't recall saying I was God, I just know what I believe. And the Bible was written by man under inspiration by God. I doubt He would've chosen those men to write it if they would write the wrong things. But I've said my piece already, and that's a whole other issue.
UndyingSoul.
Really Not Okay
UndyingSoul.
June 15th, 2007 at 10:49pm
That's one thing I hate about this world; everything always has to come down to religion. I'm not saying it's always a bad thing, but a lot of people base their thoughts on their relgion, and many people have many different relgions, so not everyone will ever agree. I must say that if my religion didnt teach anti-gay, anti-transexuality, etc. was wrong then I would probably have nothing wrong with it. But I love my religion so have chose to follow it best I can. So I am still pretty against transexuality, but it really doesnt seem too bad to me.
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
June 16th, 2007 at 01:40am
Where in any holy book does it condemn transexuality? Please, give me a verse and I will shut up. Please.
MCRrocks1892
Killjoy
MCRrocks1892
June 16th, 2007 at 09:38pm
i hate the idea of a man dress up like a women
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
June 16th, 2007 at 09:41pm
^Okay.
But if you're going to post here, you have to discuss why.
That's why it's called "The Discussion Board".
UndyingSoul.
Really Not Okay
UndyingSoul.
June 18th, 2007 at 01:45pm
druscilla; in rags:
Where in any holy book does it condemn transexuality? Please, give me a verse and I will shut up. Please.

Its not said it was in the bible, some religions just teach against it. And why would they mention it in the bible? It didnt exist back then. Transexuality wasnt a problem in the time of the Bible becuase it simply didnt exist. Back then just the thought of something like that was mind boggling.
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
June 18th, 2007 at 01:55pm
^It did exist, people just didn't know what it was.
It's like homosexuality. Or cancer (...not that I'm comparing the two). It was around, people just didn't know what it was or what to call it.

Unless you mean being able to correct transexuality didn't exist in Biblical times, in which case of course your right; of course they didn't even dream of that type of advanced surgery.

But, as Druscilla pointed out, it doesn't say in any religious text that transexuality is in some way wrong. I can see how a church would want to weigh in on abortion, homosexuality, etc; they feel that because things vaguely of that matter were written about in the Bible, they should have an opinion on it, because in a way it's part of their religion. But a stance on transexualiy can't be construed as being part of any religion, which is why the church in this more than anything needs to leave well enough alone.
UndyingSoul.
Really Not Okay
UndyingSoul.
June 18th, 2007 at 02:07pm
Fezzik:
^It did exist, people just didn't know what it was.
It's like homosexuality. Or cancer (...not that I'm comparing the two). It was around, people just didn't know what it was or what to call it.

Unless you mean being able to correct transexuality didn't exist in Biblical times, in which case of course your right; of course they didn't even dream of that type of advanced surgery.

But, as Druscilla pointed out, it doesn't say in any religious text that transexuality is in some way wrong. I can see how a church would want to weigh in on abortion, homosexuality, etc; they feel that because things vaguely of that matter were written about in the Bible, they should have an opinion on it, because in a way it's part of their religion. But a stance on transexualiy can't be construed as being part of any religion, which is why the church in this more than anything needs to leave well enough alone.

That's true, and it all depends on the church, some churches just believe that God is against it (though I dont understand how they can possible decide what God thinks, because they are not God). A lot of people I know are against it for reasons that dont have anything to do with religion. Some people just see it as morally wrong.
The Jack Of Spades.
Salute You in Your Grave
The Jack Of Spades.
June 19th, 2007 at 02:12am
druscilla; in rags:
Guess Who.:
Anybody here ever read the book "Middle Sex"

Well. Its interesting.

Importance to discussion?

Its a book, narrated by a hermaphrodite.

Which is fairly relevant
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
June 19th, 2007 at 03:32pm
it was really sad, on the last day of school a boy came to school dressed as a girl, it was funy he had on a really ugly wig and make-up. but the school got really pissed and he got in alot of trouble. i thought it was the stupidest thing ever. it's agianst the rules to dress in drag at my school, and i always wear boy shirts.
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
June 19th, 2007 at 07:31pm
^
I dressed one of my friends up, not quite in drag but in make-up and whatnot.
I thought it would be amusing.
I ended up leaving the classroom crying because of the things people were saying.
SFXtra
Motor Baby
SFXtra
June 22nd, 2007 at 04:54pm
Woah, why? ^^
I have a transgendered friend. She's fucking awesome !
broken.
Jazz Hands
broken.
June 22nd, 2007 at 05:39pm

OK! WE NEED TO STOP BRINGING UP THE BIBLE/ANY OTHER RELIGIOUS REFERENCES RIGHT NOW! All that's gonna happen is the logic lovers vs. Church-a-licious Children. Let's please just drop it.

OK:
New question [maybe we'll actually get somewhere with this one:]

Drags.
Also known as drag-queens.
Looked down upon in most societies.

Thoughts?
ThinkxHappyxThoughts
Joining The Black Parade
ThinkxHappyxThoughts
June 22nd, 2007 at 07:28pm
Drag queens are amazing. People are like "they're creepy." Well, there are 34-year old men on MySpace that are creepy too but no one wants to stone them to death.
Lunacy-Fringe-x
Joining The Black Parade
Lunacy-Fringe-x
July 17th, 2007 at 07:26pm
i think that if you strongly believe you are meant to be another gender and and depressed being the one you are then it is acceptable to change
however this is a big decision and should not be taken lightly
once you change you cant go back

i dont think its wrong
we can change the colour of hair
we can change our clothes
we can change entire way our face looks
why should it be any more wrong to change your gender?
Aye' bay bay.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Aye' bay bay.
July 17th, 2007 at 08:34pm
MCRrocks1892:
i hate the idea of a man dress up like a women

That was uncalled for, just because your "manly" ways expects a woman to be perfect and man to be man.
No, thats not how it goes.

It's the person's choice is he/she wants to do that.
And your opinion doesn't matter to them.
Foxy_Roxy
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Foxy_Roxy
August 13th, 2007 at 01:46pm
There was a study done on trans gender men/women (pre and post op). There is a part of the brain (sorry - i don't know the name of it) that is a certain size for males and a certain size for females. They found that this part of the brain in males aspiring ( i don't know if the correct term I'm looking for is aspiring - but for now that is kinda what I'm trying to say.) to be women was the size that natural women had, and in women aspiring to be men - it was the male size.
We know that sex is not determined in the womb until quite late in the process of development - perhaps in this stage one part of you (physical) develops to be one sex, and the other part of you (mental) turns out to be another. So we get the whole "man stuck in a womans body" and visa versa scenario.
I don't think it's wrong to believe you are not the gender that is on your birth certificate - it effects no one else - therefore you should not be denied that opportunity to be who you truly feel you are.
snow at christmas.
Crash Queen
snow at christmas.
August 14th, 2007 at 03:15am
SFXtra:
Woah, why? ^^
I have a transgendered friend. She's fucking awesome !
Just wondering, is your friend physically male, or is the friend female?

I just read this book called Genderqueer talking all about this kind of thing, and I'm now adjusted to the way it uses pronouns (not based on physical body, based on gender), but I think that most people would still talk about the person based on their sex. So I'm just confusing myself.