Crash Queen
snow at christmas.
August 14th, 2007 at 03:18am
broken.:

Drags.
Also known as drag-queens.
Looked down upon in most societies.

Thoughts?
Drag queens (or drag kings, but not so much) seem like they've been left behind in gender rights discussions.
Is it because transgendered people want to make the point that they'll be perfectly normal people, and the general public sees drag queens as odd? Or what?

Opinions, previous knowledge, etc.?
dear matthew
Joining The Black Parade
dear matthew
August 14th, 2007 at 06:31am
Aye' bay bay.:
MCRrocks1892:
i hate the idea of a man dress up like a women

That was uncalled for, just because your "manly" ways expects a woman to be perfect and man to be man.
No, thats not how it goes.

It's the person's choice is he/she wants to do that.
And your opinion doesn't matter to them.

i agree who are you to say how they dress or act? i was wondering why no-one had corrected him for saying that. as for the whole topic, i think people should be able to express themselves no matter how weird or bizarre, there still humans and they still should be charished, im sick of all this people trying to make the world into their ideal, people are different so get over it!
living is easy
Bleeding on the Floor
living is easy
August 16th, 2007 at 06:28am
Honestly, I don't think you should mess with nature. Be a drag queen/king!

But when it comes down to it, I don't really care what people do to themselves. If you want to have a sex change and it will make your life more complete and happy, sure go ahead. I just wouldn't want to do that to myself.
Dead Inside
Killjoy
Dead Inside
August 17th, 2007 at 05:04am
Even though my family is very narrow minded and against homosexuals and transgenders I support it. Transgender people are just people like you and me but they feel they were born in the wrong bodies so the change it. I see nothing wrong with that.
Dead Inside
Killjoy
Dead Inside
August 17th, 2007 at 05:06am
eduardo.:
Errm..wouldn't this be tied in with homosexual marriges? I may be wrong..I dunno.

But if not, I think it's the person's decision to be what they want to be.
No, not really. Transgenders and homosexuals are very different.
ChildVision
Really Not Okay
ChildVision
September 14th, 2007 at 03:43am
O G PIMP.:
I'm sorry, but I really don't agree.

I don't wish any harm to those people who have had/want a sex change but I just think it's plain weird.

We are what gender we are. We shouldn't be able to change that. :/

Excuse me if i'm wrong but 'It's just plain weird' would not be a valid argument.

Besides, I'm a girl and i have thought many a time that it would be alot easier to be a boy then a girl.
singxhallelujahx
Killjoy
singxhallelujahx
September 14th, 2007 at 07:47pm
I'm transgendered, and my ex-boyfriend is transsexual. I think that we can do whatever it takes to feel safe in our own bodies, and if that means switching genders, then do it.
Addictied To Gerard
Killjoy
Addictied To Gerard
September 19th, 2007 at 03:37am
i dont care. atleast they are being who they are and not leting people be in their way. if a girl wants to be a guy, how cares its their body/mind they can do what they want with it.
ever_after
Killjoy
ever_after
September 19th, 2007 at 12:49pm
I agree. If anyone thinks they belong to the other sex, even though their body says otherwise, well it would probably make them happy to switch genders. I say go ahead and do it. Because I strongly believe that it is your mind/soul that make you who you are. Definately not your body.
Captain Jack Wonka.
Shotgun Sinner
Captain Jack Wonka.
September 19th, 2007 at 12:58pm
I don't think it's a big deal if you feel like you're supposed to be of the opposite gender. If that's what makes you feel happy, then go for it, it is just being true about what you feel.

Changing a sex organ is so not a big deal--through that way--you transform to a better and happier person.
snow at christmas.
Crash Queen
snow at christmas.
September 20th, 2007 at 05:40am
singxhallelujahx:
I'm transgendered, and my ex-boyfriend is transsexual. I think that we can do whatever it takes to feel safe in our own bodies, and if that means switching genders, then do it.
I want to know the difference. ><
I really should know this.

And "it would be easier" is not really useful here, either. It wouldn't once you consider how much the surgery costs, the fact that many people lose lovers once they change sex and many others lose jobs, dealing with friends and relatives who don't know what to do with you, the weird looks when you're transitioning...
Yeah, not easier.

And I guess what I'm the most interested in is people who don't quite fit into male or female, since that's more or less where I reside. (Oh, by the way I'm physically female, I forgot that you can't tell anymore.) Like I think I'd consider myself mostly male, except I don't want a penis and I still have some feminine stuff about me, but yeah. I'm still kind of confused about who I am, but I've already discovered that I can't fit myself into either box. And I'm interested in others who have a similar situation, but in different ways.
I also would like to know more about intersex(ed?) people.
six feet underx
Killjoy
six feet underx
October 23rd, 2007 at 11:46pm
I believe that anybody who is anybody that wants a genital reassignment should be given the chance to have one. It really isn't a persons' fault if they are born a certain gender, and then come to believe that they should be the opposite sex.
Now as for teens wanting genital reassignment surgery... That's a different story. Being a teenager means changing your mind, forming new opinions. One day you could be a girl, the next you might want to be a guy, and then the day after that you'll be glad you're a girl again. My opinion on this is that if you are a teenager thinking about genital reassignment, obviously don't take it as far as having an actual sex change. At least not yet.
If you are a girl, you can easily bind your breasts back to make it seem as though you do not have any. You can dress less girly, you can change your hair, name. Act like a boy for a little while. If you are a boy, you can get hair extensions, wear a stuffed bra, dress more like a girl. Just don't take it too far, meaning don't get a sex change right away. Because you might change your mind later, only it will already be too late.
I think that if you are seriously considering a sex change, then you need to be feeling this way for well over a few months.
six feet underx
Killjoy
six feet underx
October 23rd, 2007 at 11:51pm
ian.:
singxhallelujahx:
I want to know the difference. ><
I really should know this.

And "it would be easier" is not really useful here, either. It wouldn't once you consider how much the surgery costs, the fact that many people lose lovers once they change sex and many others lose jobs, dealing with friends and relatives who don't know what to do with you, the weird looks when you're transitioning...
Yeah, not easier.

And I guess what I'm the most interested in is people who don't quite fit into male or female, since that's more or less where I reside. (Oh, by the way I'm physically female, I forgot that you can't tell anymore.) Like I think I'd consider myself mostly male, except I don't want a penis and I still have some feminine stuff about me, but yeah. I'm still kind of confused about who I am, but I've already discovered that I can't fit myself into either box. And I'm interested in others who have a similar situation, but in different ways.
I also would like to know more about intersex(ed?) people.

I'm kind of like you. I don't really believe I fit in with either category of sex. Like, I too, am physically female, but I don't really want to be. But at the same time, I'm not really sure if I'd like to be a guy either.
ziggy stardust;
Salute You in Your Grave
ziggy stardust;
October 24th, 2007 at 02:52pm
I don't think there's a problem with it. I mean, if you thought with your penis or vagina it would be weird because that way it'd definitely match up, you'd have 'girl thoughts' or 'guy thoughts'. But since we think with a totally different organ, sometimes it doesn't match up. Therefore when you have the operation you're just making yourself 'complete'. Can you imagine the pain and torment these people must go through? The operation would almost be like therapy to them cause if they didn't have it they'd just be even more confused.
our avenged tania.
Always Born a Crime
our avenged tania.
October 30th, 2007 at 10:15pm
If it makes them happy. Then let it be. Though, sex changes
are a scare subject. ._.
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
October 31st, 2007 at 01:31am
Well the whole idea is really about low self image. What confuses me about being trans..well..ANYTHING, is that it really reenforces gender roles, which are man made and an absolute way to control the actions of others. A person should realize that that is wrong, and accept their sexuallity for what it is. You can be a guy that loves to wear dresses and still be a guy. People should be who they want to be without rejecting the obvious and insignificant part of themselves.
Jesse Lacey;
Awake and Unafraid
Jesse Lacey;
October 31st, 2007 at 02:19am
I think that people should take all measures possible to ensure their happiness. if you didn't want a red couch, you wouldn't buy a red couch. If you don't want to be a girl/boy, you shouldn't have to live as one. There is a difference between a trans-gender and - for example - a girl who hates her period and doesn't want it. She shouldn't go through all that effort for something as stupid as that. I don't like my period either, but other than that I am pretty much happy with my girl-dom.

Transsexuals, oh how I could go on. Who is the government to tell you who to love?? Who is someone to say, "You can't love them!". I have indeed (despite me atheism) read the passage in the Bible explaining that homosexuality is wrong, however, this says about bisexuals, not gays or lesbians.
the sharpest lives.
Shotgun Sinner
the sharpest lives.
November 1st, 2007 at 07:51pm
I think that if someone wants to be the gender that they aren't, they should be allowed to have the surgery and not be ridiculed for it. I think that if someone feels that they are something else, they should be able to change into it and feel accepted.

I have no problem with it. I actually support it. I think its a great thing if a man wants to be a woman or vice versa.

It's their body and their life. They can change it however they want. As long as they are happy with who they are, everyone should appreciate it. The people who don't like it are just too narrow-minded.
alucard.
Jazz Hands
alucard.
November 3rd, 2007 at 06:58am
I support it. My mum would be shocked that i say this but oh well.
I think that its their choice and it takes alot of courage to do something like that, so they can truly be themselves and be what they want, if it makes them happy.
What they look like and what gender they are does not affect who they are as a person, and it shouldn't affect how people treat them or see them.

There is nothing wrong with being yourself.
Jinx eh?
Salute You in Your Grave
Jinx eh?
November 6th, 2007 at 05:56am
It's always fascinated me, actually. (My character in my MCR fic is kind of like this, actually, which is why I wrote him that way; it was my fascination with this subject that caused me to create him, and I'm quite pleased with how he's turning out.) I am one of those 'if you makes you happy and isn't harmful, then more power to you' sorts of people, but this is something I support so very, very much. If someone feels they can live a happier, fuller life by identifying more with the opposite gender, then I see no harm in letting them be that way. I'm personally quite content as a female, though I find an equal attraction in both males and females in the romantic sense, but if I felt I could be happier living my life as though I was a male, who knows, I might be inclined to try it. I understand my family would probably disown me, but it wouldn't be about my family - it would be about me, and fufilling my own sense of happiness in life. Confused