Don't have an account? Create one!

Transexuals and Transgenders

AuthorMessage
Antichrist Superstar
Bleeding on the Floor
Antichrist Superstar
December 3rd, 2006 at 02:00pm
x-Bloody-Prison-x:
Grr,what is with all these threads about fucking sexualities?
i don't get it!
Really, why is it so important?
not being mean but shouldn't we just let people be who they are and not disscuss them!
wow...i aggre. You're very right my friend...very right
snow at christmas.
Crash Queen
snow at christmas.
December 4th, 2006 at 09:28pm
The Jack Of Spades.
Salute You in Your Grave
The Jack Of Spades.
December 6th, 2006 at 04:18am
Erm, not all subscribers to "new york times" here. But yea.
Smashed Pumpkin
Salute You in Your Grave
Smashed Pumpkin
December 6th, 2006 at 08:42am
I think people should be able to be what they want. But that being said, they should be honest if they start a relationship with someone.
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
December 6th, 2006 at 06:22pm
I think that if you're honest enough with yourself to realize you aren't the gender of the body you were built in, then you've got a lot more balls [no pun intended] than most people.

It's not weird to realize that you're different. And it's not weird to figure out who you are.

It's honesty. And knowing yourself. And being brave enough to be yourself.
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
December 6th, 2006 at 06:23pm
my_chemical_spoon:
I think people should be able to be what they want. But that being said, they should be honest if they start a relationship with someone.

If you were born a boy, but always were a girl and finally got a sex change to physically become identical to your mental/sexual identity, then there's no lie in saying 'I'm a girl'.

[I'm really passionate about this issue.]
druscilla.
Bleeding on the Floor
druscilla.
December 6th, 2006 at 06:24pm
[quote="Antichrist Superstar"]
x-Bloody-Prison-x:
Grr,what is with all these threads about fucking sexualities?
i don't get it!
Really, why is it so important?
not being mean but shouldn't we just let people be who they are and not disscuss them!

Because people won't let people be who they are. That's why we're discussing it.
snow at christmas.
Crash Queen
snow at christmas.
December 8th, 2006 at 08:42pm
Broken Smile Girl:
Erm, not all subscribers to "new york times" here. But yea.
Oh, shoot.
Now it's older than a day, so you can't see it.
Innamorata
Awake and Unafraid
Innamorata
December 8th, 2006 at 09:01pm
Questions For Discussion

Transsexualism has been variously described as a trait, disease, behavior, desire, mental illness, perversion, paraphilia, political identity and sin. The terms perversion and sin are obviously derogatory, and many people consider the use of such labels offensive whether they or not they are themselves transsexual.

Do you believe transsexualism to be linked as a fetish?

How about a person simply getting off of performing as a cross dresser or perhaps perfectly socializing in public like this, yet still goes back to their usual routine that is 'normal' to them? Is this person undecided? Is this person simply getting off on it?

What's your definition of transsexualism?

Regardless of definition, transsexualism should not be confused with cross dressing or with the behavior of drag queens and drag kings, which can be described as transgender but not transsexual. Also, transvestic fetishism usually has little, if anything, to do with transsexualism. As a general rule, transsexual people tend to dress and behave in a manner consistent with the gender they identify with, cross dressers tend to dress (and sometimes behave) in a manner consistent with stereotypical ideals of the opposite gender as opposed to the real-life behavior of that gender, and "drag queens" or "drag kings" tend to dress and behave in a flamboyant manner which parodies rather than emulates the opposite gender.

READ BEFORE POSTING!
RedRiot.
Salute You in Your Grave
RedRiot.
January 2nd, 2007 at 03:06pm
People should be who they want to be.
Imagin how it feels for those people, if they believe that they have been born the wrong gender? By changing their gender they have a chance to be happy. We should let them be happy.
XThe Black ParadeX
Killjoy
XThe Black ParadeX
January 3rd, 2007 at 07:48am
This is a subject near and dear to my heart. Having dated trans guys or FtM as a (for the most part) gay male, I can tell you two things I've learned.

1. They are just like any other guy. They can be gay or straight, punk or ghetto, an athlete or an artist. But don't let their society-percieved femininity get to you...they are male, and deserve to be treated as such. Calling them "she" is NOT acceptable.

2. It hurts more than you could ever imagine. If they aren't out and haven't changed their name...hearing their name is like a stab through the heart.

Now I know that everyone has this picture of what right and wrong is...but I'm just suprised that My Chem fans have trouble wrapping their brains around things like this. Gerard isn't the most masculine guy in the world, and they've said many a time about how they support homosexuality and the like.

In fact, in a music magazine that I recently purchased...it could be Rolling Stone or AP, I'll confirm if you want it, but he encouraged people to "express themselves and if that means wearing women's clothing, so be it."

Try and think of transsexuality as less about changing genders and more about helping someone show the world who they've always really been. Smile

XOXO
Smashed Pumpkin
Salute You in Your Grave
Smashed Pumpkin
January 14th, 2007 at 01:55am
druscilla_way:
my_chemical_spoon:

If you were born a boy, but always were a girl and finally got a sex change to physically become identical to your mental/sexual identity, then there's no lie in saying 'I'm a girl'.

[I'm really passionate about this issue.]

I understand that, but I'm just saying that if their partner were to find out they were born a different gender later down the track, they may get angry that they weren't told beforehand and leave. By telling their partner they're ensuring that they actually love them for them.
Jeffree Star
Motor Baby
Jeffree Star
January 14th, 2007 at 02:12pm
This isn't a big woop I have a guy friend who's transgendered. It's fine nothing is wrong with him. He's a regular guy to me.
H e l e n a
Killjoy
H e l e n a
January 14th, 2007 at 06:32pm
God said no to stuff like this. If you a girl, you are a girl. If you are a boy, you are a boy. You don't decide.
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
January 14th, 2007 at 07:08pm
^Could you quote your source on that one please?
I, personally, haven't heard anyone quoting an exerpt from the bible (yet) that says

"Thou shalt not have a sex change"
Jeffree Star
Motor Baby
Jeffree Star
January 14th, 2007 at 08:10pm
bloodredruby69:
^Could you quote your source on that one please?
I, personally, haven't heard anyone quoting an exerpt from the bible (yet) that says

"Thou shalt not have a sex change"

LOL that would be funny though
H e l e n a
Killjoy
H e l e n a
January 14th, 2007 at 10:18pm
It doesn't have to be spelled out in those exact terms to be the truth.
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
January 15th, 2007 at 12:58am
It can also be spelled out completely and be utter rubbish.
Not everything, in or out of the bible, needs to be taken exactly as it is written.

Especially for those who are not religious, or do not believe in God.
inverted butterfly
Killjoy
inverted butterfly
January 15th, 2007 at 06:44am
hmmm.... i uess this would depend on what a person feels. i mean, there are people who are gay but they don't want to be. what does that mean?!? you're never really sure. but it would be wrong for people to kill a transexual. it's not fair. like rascism.
Jeffree Star
Motor Baby
Jeffree Star
January 15th, 2007 at 05:17pm
H e l e n a:
God said no to stuff like this. If you a girl, you are a girl. If you are a boy, you are a boy. You don't decide.

Helenaaaaa... I meant he was born with a penis and vagina. Duh...
What did you think I said. Laughing
But you do have a point God spoke in paribles thats why reading His Word is sometimes hard.
It may not say it directly but IM sure it says it.