Don't have an account? Create one!

Transexuals and Transgenders

AuthorMessage
Cigarettes And Suicide
Bleeding on the Floor
Cigarettes And Suicide
May 27th, 2007 at 07:28pm
iamnotok:
then if they were still a girl inside but turned into a boy and wanted to marry a boy nd it was not leagal just because she turned in to a boy and the same sex is not allowed to get married in some states why can't they because they were a girl at one time

Well, to start with, the 'girl' wouldn't have been a girl on the inside, otherwise s/he wouldn't have got a sex change. She would have looked like a girl, and had the bits and pieces of a girl, but felt like a boy, so that's how it works.
And the sad fact is, the majority of places in this world don't permit gay marriage, so they'd either have to move somewhere it was, or not get married, same as any other gay couple. Having a sex change has got nothing to do with it. They wouldn't be permitted to marry regardless of what the 'girl' started out as, because once the surgery and everything is done, they are legally classed as a male. The 'Girl' doesn't exist anymore as far as the legality is concerned.

NotOkay22:
A girl I knew got a sex change becuase she liked women and didnt want to be homosexual. It was sad, but I just talked to her (shes really a him now) recently and she regrets the sex change, shes getting surgery to get turned back into a girl. She really regrets it all-together, which may be one problem with transexuality; when its done, its done. And if you want to change back I dont think that it would honestly be exactly the same as when you were that gender before.
Actually, surgery can be reversed, but it's far more complicated than having it done to start with.
And this girl shouldn't have been permitted to undergo surgery is she didn't feel she was a boy trapped in a girl's body - homosexuality is no reason to change one's gender. There is a lot of therapy, counselling, and interaction with professional phychiatrists involved before even hormone therapy starts, to ensure that the person requesting the operation is making the right decision for them, and that they're doing it for the right reasons.
Oooh Hit It Again!
Joining The Black Parade
Oooh Hit It Again!
May 28th, 2007 at 01:07am
I think that you're born the sex you are for a reason. I'm not going to go around condemning people or anything, but your sex is not your hair color.
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
May 28th, 2007 at 01:15am
^That's not really the way it works, though.

Physically, your male or female. But your brain can be the opposite gender of what your born, because of screw-ups in the womb. So you feel like one gender but have the genitalia of another. Your brain isn't programmed to know if your blue-eyed or brown-haired, but it is programmed to know if your a boy or a girl. And sometimes that programming doesn't match up with the gender you were born.
Oooh Hit It Again!
Joining The Black Parade
Oooh Hit It Again!
May 28th, 2007 at 01:18am
Somehow, it feels wrong, though. I don't know. We're the way we are for a reason, right?
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
May 28th, 2007 at 01:26am
^...exactly. For transgenders, their body feels wrong. It feels completely and utterly wrong. Not like, "my nose is too big, I don't like it, it feels wrong," like "the person in the mirror is not me. I hate everything about my body and am so uncomfortable in it that I have to change it if I plan to go on with my life". So they do.

You can't leave everything up to fate. Sometimes you have to take action. Should cancer patients refuse treatment because they have the illness they have for a reason? Should we not perform emergency C-Sections because the children who can't be born naturally can't be born for a reason? No. It's human nature to try to fix our problems. And being born in the wrong body is definitely a problem.
ThinkxHappyxThoughts
Joining The Black Parade
ThinkxHappyxThoughts
May 31st, 2007 at 01:10am
I read the book Luna, and that totally and completely changed my outlook upon TG's. I used to be like "well, if that's what they want, cool" but it kind of creeped me out. When my mom (rather a homophobe >=C) sees one, she makes fun of them, not to their face, but around us. But now, I mean, transvestites and transgenders, jeeze, if you feel wrong, do something about it. Power to the people, man.
RedRiot.
Salute You in Your Grave
RedRiot.
June 1st, 2007 at 01:30pm
People should be able to feel happy about who they are. If the feel that they are unhappy in the sex the have been born it and they feel they should have been born the opposit sex then they should have every right to become the person they feel they should be.
UndyingSoul.
Really Not Okay
UndyingSoul.
June 1st, 2007 at 07:20pm
Cigarettes And Suicide:
iamnotok:
then if they were still a girl inside but turned into a boy and wanted to marry a boy nd it was not leagal just because she turned in to a boy and the same sex is not allowed to get married in some states why can't they because they were a girl at one time

Well, to start with, the 'girl' wouldn't have been a girl on the inside, otherwise s/he wouldn't have got a sex change. She would have looked like a girl, and had the bits and pieces of a girl, but felt like a boy, so that's how it works.
And the sad fact is, the majority of places in this world don't permit gay marriage, so they'd either have to move somewhere it was, or not get married, same as any other gay couple. Having a sex change has got nothing to do with it. They wouldn't be permitted to marry regardless of what the 'girl' started out as, because once the surgery and everything is done, they are legally classed as a male. The 'Girl' doesn't exist anymore as far as the legality is concerned.

NotOkay22:
A girl I knew got a sex change becuase she liked women and didnt want to be homosexual. It was sad, but I just talked to her (shes really a him now) recently and she regrets the sex change, shes getting surgery to get turned back into a girl. She really regrets it all-together, which may be one problem with transexuality; when its done, its done. And if you want to change back I dont think that it would honestly be exactly the same as when you were that gender before.
Actually, surgery can be reversed, but it's far more complicated than having it done to start with.
And this girl shouldn't have been permitted to undergo surgery is she didn't feel she was a boy trapped in a girl's body - homosexuality is no reason to change one's gender. There is a lot of therapy, counselling, and interaction with professional phychiatrists involved before even hormone therapy starts, to ensure that the person requesting the operation is making the right decision for them, and that they're doing it for the right reasons.

Well of course she was ready for it when the time came, and she never started to feel any regret until months after. For a very long time she enjoyed being a male and having relationships with women, but then started to feel more...different. She (he) told me that she was kinda feeling like a plastic doll, like she wasn't real. She went to counseling (as a male) for weeks and finally came to a decision to change back into a women. She is no longer homosexual and is enjoying her life. She has a boyfriend and seems a lot happier, and more honest with herself. I'm not saying that all transexuals will feel this way (most wont), I'm just saying that it is possible for it to be a very traumatic experience (like it was for my friends) if your no longer happy with yourself after the surgery.
Helena and Hearts
Jazz Hands
Helena and Hearts
June 1st, 2007 at 07:29pm
it's there life y not?
malibu.
In the Cannibal Glow
malibu.
June 2nd, 2007 at 02:06am
I think its fine. Like when I was younger I believed I was a boy because I rebelled from the 'normal' things most girls my age would do/like. I hated pink, dresses, skirts, flowery tops, mermaids, my little pony and barbie. I liked Thomas The Tank Engine, blue, pants and plain t-shirts. I used to climb trees, get covered in mud and play with insects, because thats what I wanted to do. It doesn't make me much different to anyone elst, those were just stuff I enjoyed.
Helena and Hearts
Jazz Hands
Helena and Hearts
June 4th, 2007 at 11:20am
my brother was born a boy but now he is my sister
glitter geek.
Shotgun Sinner
glitter geek.
June 4th, 2007 at 12:41pm
On a soap opera my mom watches there was/is a transexual guy who felt he was a woman inside. He was a rockstar and went by Zarf, but now he is Zoe. Or she.

It all gets confusing after a while.

When watching those kind of things I often relate it to real life and think about how brave people are. I think it kind of ties in with what Gerard once said... Something about being able to go to a concert and not feeling bad or nervous. I think it's great.

Sex change is a not a big issue. It's only a big issue to those willing to have the sex change. People not willing should not even think about it. I don't think I even thought of this topic until I stumbled upon it.
Silverstein
Bleeding on the Floor
Silverstein
June 5th, 2007 at 04:33pm
It'd be kind of weird to get married to someone, only to tell you later that they were originally the other sex. In either case, it may mean that the person may be gay, but I'm not saying anything good or bad. It just seems like a desecration of humanity.
Ben Dover
Fabulous Killjoy
Ben Dover
June 5th, 2007 at 04:46pm
I dont find anything wrong with it, I have ALOT of transgender friends and gay friends too. Honestly Its not their choice, as someone said they cant always choose, Your brain will tell you what you want. Once your braon has set on something its all over, You can go your life knowing you want ot be something and be miserable, Or you can change it and be happier person.

Whatever desicions people make i think we should supporte them, I know for a fact they support other people opinions.
Kangaroo Ninja
Salute You in Your Grave
Kangaroo Ninja
June 6th, 2007 at 01:41pm
if someone wants to be a guy when they are a gal then its their choice and people should respect that!!! they are the same person they just look diffrent and feel more comfortable in themselvs!!
riceroll.
Salute You in Your Grave
riceroll.
June 6th, 2007 at 04:42pm
Everyone should have the right to feel beautiful, no matter what. It doesn't mean other people HAVE to respect it, they don't have to like it. Whatever a person wants to do with their body is their choice.

Personally, I am getting a sex change when I am 18. I need to be a boy, with other boys. When I read the book Luna, I felt so relieved.
Toxic!
Motor Baby
Toxic!
June 7th, 2007 at 12:59pm
I give people so much credit for getting sex changes when they feel they need one. They are just so brave. I could never, I..just couldn't, I just wish I was born a boy. Much easier. And if people don't understand why people feel this way, think about this "why would they purposely want to put themselves up for so much teasing and abuse and misery, if they didn't believe this was how they were?"

People shouldnt hate, but they do.
Video Kid
Shotgun Sinner
Video Kid
June 7th, 2007 at 03:22pm
People are what they are.
CyanidexDeath
Jazz Hands
CyanidexDeath
June 7th, 2007 at 09:46pm
i belive people can do whatever they want with their own body. people shouldn't take away their free will. i think people that change are brave. they follow their heart dispite all the harassment they might get.
jesse lacey.
Salute You in Your Grave
jesse lacey.
June 8th, 2007 at 10:35pm
In order to fully understand this issue, people need to understand the difference between sex and gender. They are often used interchangeably when in fact this is not accurate.

Sex referes to the label "male" or female" assigned at birth based on one's genitals.

Gender refers to the culturally determined behavioral, social, and psychological traits that are typically associated with being a male or female.

Sometimes, one's inner sense of gender identity doesn't match one's genitals and the assumptions made based on them. Sometimes a person won't identify with male or female, chosing to remain gender neutral or providing some other form of identity for oneself.

I know a transgender person (female to male) pretty well and I never would have guessed he was. I just saw him as a boy, the way he wanted to be seen. He had had hormonal therapy and breast removal but had to stop his testosterone injections because they were endangering his health.

It's perfectly normal, and hopefully one day society will begin to accept it just as it slowly is beginning to with gay people.