Don't have an account? Create one!

Taking Back Sunday

AuthorMessage
on letting go.
Awake and Unafraid
on letting go.
August 3rd, 2009 at 03:42am
IS ANYONE GOING TO THE FREE SHOW AT MACY'S IN NEW YORK?

I'm going and I hope to see some INO-ers!
on letting go.
Awake and Unafraid
on letting go.
August 3rd, 2009 at 03:44am
gnihsams snikpmup.:
on letting go.:
that helped so much, thanks. =D
I've never been to a headlining concert (only to warped) so i wasn't sure on the whole meeting thing.

and lol, sorry about the whole: "marrs attacks!" thing. I feel stupid, haha.
Hahaha don't be! A lot of people think he's in a band. A lot of d-baggers actually go up to him and are like "I love your band! Good job tonight!" and he's kinda like "...I didn't play?"

I hope you have fun when you see them! They've still got some of the same stage antics like they did on Warped. To be honest, I think they've gotten 234253324 times better since then.
starktreks
Devil's Got Your Number
starktreks
August 3rd, 2009 at 11:45am

so.. last night was fucking incredible. really, i've not had a night like that in a long time.
they were absolutely a m a z i n g.

we got to the venue at about.. 5pm? we were planning on going at like 10am but we figured hell
if we don't get barrier we can just fight our way to the front. (which in the end, we didn't need to, we got barrier anyway!)
so immediately my friend elle was like "aw there's no queue, lets go to starbucks." so we walked around the side of the venue,
and the buses were there. we didn't think anything of it because at that moment we couldn't see any of the guys around.
BUT.
we carried on walking, i was talking to elle and i just looked over her shoulder, and fazzi was just stood there, with his crutches,
talking to some dudes. i was like, holy shit r u srs. i kind of froze. taking back sunday is are my joint favourite band so this
was really fucking surreal for me. i was like "elle, it's fazzi. fucking look, there. shit, what do we do?" but before i had a chance
to even think about what was happening, the dude's he was takling to had walked away and he immediately looked over at us
and was like "hi~" -ded- so we walked up to him and started talking to him. we were like "oh, wow, hi! i didn't expect any of
you guys to be out here until after tonight!" and he was like "aw well we like to come say hey y'know."
like omg, i shit you not, we talked for like 15-20 minutes. no other fans were around so we got a lot of time with him. <3
he said he LOVEDD my glasses lmao oh god i felt like such a dork, we talked about reading and leeds, what it's like playing
all over the worldd, his broken foot, movies (specifically there's something about mary rotfl.), adam and rubano, the venue,
my dream i had about covering sink into me hahah he said we should film it and send it to him. -ded- and a lot of other stuff. it was brilliant.
which ahaha omg what the actual fuck okay.. fazzi gave us directions to starbucks.
matt fazzi, an american guy in an american band.. giving two english girls, in england, directions to starbucks.. in england.
what is my life, srsly.
rolling on floor

but he did, and he was an angel. i was shaking like a fucking asshole but i calmed down pretty much right away,
he's so calming and polite and just ugh, the fucking sweetest guy i've ever met in my entire life. we talked about so much, it was insane. :')
i gave him a huge hug, told him to get well soon and to take care of himself.
he said it was nice to meet me before i said the same to him! unreal. then me and elle both got photos but i look awful.

so eventually we got in and we got barrier immediately which completely threw me, we weren't first in line and idk,
i just guess we ran fast, lmao. the first two support bands dragged for soo long but that always happens when
all you want is who you want to see to come on.
when they came on, the place fucking blew up. it was insane.
fazzi was right in front of me and elle and we could see him scanning the crowd and elle was like "wave or something!"
eventually he found us, waved and gave us the hugest smiles ever. elle was like "HE FUCKING LOOKED FOR US!"
-ded forever-
the concert was innncreddibleeee. they played a ton of stuff from new again, but went back to older stuff too which
elle imparticular [sp] was lovingg.
adam and rubano made a lot of jokes like how when writing new again,
adam's dog used to "try and make little puppy babies with me!" says rubano. lolol.
me and adam made eye contact so many fucking times. it seriously felt like a dream, i got some sick photos of him
when he came right in front of me and sang.
gah, i'm really sorry i'm fucking ranting so much. >.<
fazzi looked at us a lot too and kept smiling. gah. that guy just kills me. <33
they ended with makedamnsure. everyone went apeshit and as a result i've got a bruised back and arms, totally worth it.

so the show ended and i called my mom. i didn't want to but i had to cause elle was like, about to faint or some shit. she was in so much pain. |:
but she insisted we went back to the buses, so we did. and i'm so glad we did. we met fazzi again, and eddie.
first eddie came out and i wasn't sure what to do cause a bunch of grown adults went over to him and started
smoking with him so i assumed he knew them. he seemed pretty tired and stuff, but in the end i did get my ticket signed,
and a photo with him. he was really sweet and nice to us, but we left him alone after that since we knew he was missing home really bad and stuff.

and then suddenly fazzi toddled out again and everyone was like FAZZI! and he was just like "BRB!" and went to the bus for like 10 minutes.
he came back out and got mobbed for a while so we waited until some security dude
asked everyone to move to a more open space since we were all like, against the buses.
as we were walking i managed to get a minute with him and i was like "dude, the directions to starbucks were spot on!"
and he was like "aw really! well i'm glad you guys managed to find it! what'd you get?"
and i was like "oh i got a caramel frappuchino thing, you srsly need to get one" and he was like wow that sounds so good right now. rotfl. <3
he signed my ticket, i got another hug, and a really good photo! yay!
we had to leave then cause my mom had arrived so i was like "oh well we gotta go, see you next time alright!"
and he was like "absolutely! nice meeting you take care." and went for a high five. i was like LOL FAZZI WANTS A HIGH 5.
and we basically skipped back to the car and waffled to my mom about everything until we got to elle's house.

the end.
wow, i'm sorry about that. if you read any of that then i applaud you. (:
here's the first photo of me and fazzi. i don't like how i look but
his face is too fucking adorable not to show everybody.
i'll show you more photos and videos i took once i've uploaded them and whatever.
SpreadLegsNotLies
Bleeding on the Floor
SpreadLegsNotLies
August 7th, 2009 at 11:40am
We've seen them yesterday in a very tiny venue (compared to the one they played at GIAN)... and it was so much fun... Can someone stop Fazzi from jumping around with his broken foot, please Very Happy
He IS deffo one of the sweetest guys we've met... but, my old lil heart always beats for Eddie Wink he is the man Very Happy so much fun!!! Adorable...
Haha, went with two of my friends, after the show I went inside to get something to drink and when I came out again they said "Fazzi is searching for you!".... uhm, what? Turned out that he recognized us from GIAN and my red hair Smile and just wanted to say "hi"
Questions for the americans here... do you have some sort of "vending mashines" for cigarettes in the US? Cause Adam was somewhat confused, yet fascinated by the one that stood there Very Happy
I really hope they come back to Germany really soon, I'm there for sure...
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
August 8th, 2009 at 02:32pm
^^
lol no, we don't have cig machines here, we have to go into stores and buy them. At least I've never seen one...

another quick question because my mom is trying to plan on when to get us - how long did everyone's concert last?
Search and Destroy
Search and Destroy
August 8th, 2009 at 07:20pm
Lycia - I think our show lasted about an hour and a half ish. Doors was 9pm and they came on at about 11.
Just remembered that I did get a pic of merch for you but Naomi took a good one with her beast of a camera but dunno if she sent it to you, if she hasn't let me know and i'll upload the one i have.

Tshirts that were on sale here were £18 and I think the hoodies were £35/£40.
on letting go.
Awake and Unafraid
on letting go.
August 11th, 2009 at 01:15am
gnihsams snikpmup.:
^^
lol no, we don't have cig machines here, we have to go into stores and buy them. At least I've never seen one...

another quick question because my mom is trying to plan on when to get us - how long did everyone's concert last?

For me the shows usually started around 7:30. They were supposed to start at seven but they never do. They ended around ten-ish. (:
on letting go.
Awake and Unafraid
on letting go.
August 11th, 2009 at 01:18am
heartquake.:
AWW HOW CUTE! <3 Those pictures were adorable, Fazzi is a sweetheart. And lmao about the Starbucks thing. xD
I'm glad you had fun!!
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
August 12th, 2009 at 04:35pm
Search and Destroy:
Lycia - I think our show lasted about an hour and a half ish. Doors was 9pm and they came on at about 11.
Just remembered that I did get a pic of merch for you but Naomi took a good one with her beast of a camera but dunno if she sent it to you, if she hasn't let me know and i'll upload the one i have.

Tshirts that were on sale here were £18 and I think the hoodies were £35/£40.
nah she never sent me one.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
August 19th, 2009 at 09:14am
So last night was completely amazing.

We got out of the car where the buses were. Well we were walking towards the venue and who comes out? Adam lazzara himself. I of course froze up and looked like an idiot. He got inside the bus and I regretted just not saying anything, but I didn't want to look like I was stalking the buses, so I walked away. Then I met up with friends and as we were talking and walking toward the alley to get to the other side, Adam came out again. So we walked over and asked if it was ok to get a pic with him and he was about to head inside so he got a picture with me and another with my friend and didn't have much time to talk. I asked if he had a sharpie and he didn't and nobody else did either. I was mad I hadn't really thought to grab one.

After Adam left, we went to wait in line to get in and we were waiting for them to open the doors, fazzi was walking down the street and we went to go get pics and talk to him about his boot and if he went to a coffee place by the ballroom. Nobody else came up to him at all. I don't think anybody knew who he was...

Our openers were closure in moscow and emery. CIM were ok, got the crowd going at the end of their set, but emery rocked it. All this time these 2 girls in front of us were screaming unnecessarily (if you saw them you'd understand) and dancing like they were having seizures. Basically 2 girls trying to be obnoxious. Then right before TBS came out, some jerkwad stood in front of me. And by this I mean I'm short, right? He looked at me, smirked, and stood in front of me, then turned around and smirked at me. I was a stair up from him and had a great view before he moved in front of me, and after when he stood on front of me, he was a stair below. I couldn't believe he did that... W/e.

So TBS comes out (I had a better view now, I was about 5 feet from the barrier) and they were absolutely amazing. Adam played around with the screen where he couldn't see himself, and kept repositioning himself to get his head shown on it. Matt stayed in the back a lot, but came up a bit, fazzi was rocking out with his boot, Adam commented about mark's tattoos and made him show them off, and Eddie generally remained in the shadows .

I was gonna stay and try to meet the rest of them but my mom was there. I regret leaving cuz Adam invited my one friend to sit with him for a few minutes after we left and said he saw us all singing and recognized us in the crowd. I really wish I had stayed. I'll post a few pictures once I get them off my phone, and the ones of me meeting Adam and fazzi when my friend sends me them. They were so fucking amazing
deafening_silence
Thinking Happy Thoughts
deafening_silence
August 19th, 2009 at 10:30pm
that's awesome! i can't believe that adam recognized you guys! wow. don't ya just love fazzi. he's such a sweet guy. sounds like a great show, tall idiot aside! do you remember the set list?
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
August 20th, 2009 at 01:11pm
deafening_silence:
that's awesome! i can't believe that adam recognized you guys! wow. don't ya just love fazzi. he's such a sweet guy. sounds like a great show, tall idiot aside! do you remember the set list?
I was so excited to hear that because I didn't know if he saw me when I froze up the first time and just stared and thought I was a idiot fangirl or something.

Oh yeah, he got off his crutch and everything to get a picture with me. =] it might not sound out of the ordinary, but I found it sweet.

Uhm, not in order, but they opened with What's It Feel Like To Be A Ghost and ended with MakeDamnSure (as half of the place wanted to hear >.<; i personally wanted to hear Twenty-Twenty). I remember (between the opener and the closer):

Liar
Cut Me Up Jenny
New Again
Sink Into Me
Carpathia
Everything Must Go
Summer, Man
A Decade Under the Influence (which made me happy, it's one of my favorites)
You're So Last Summer
Cute Without the 'E'
Error: Operator
Lonely, Lonely (one of my favorites off the album. =])
Set Phasers To Stun

I think there were a few more in there, I'm not too sure.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
pictures on my facebook

they're not amazing, just taken with my phone's camera. and I look horrible in the picture with Adam.
(i hear that you're not supposed to wear a band's shirt to their concert- idk, I might look like a douche for wearing it?)
on letting go.
Awake and Unafraid
on letting go.
September 3rd, 2009 at 10:53pm
Pfft, who says you can't wear the band's shirt?! That's a liiie.
And I love that Adam recognized you! I love that about them. Adam and the Matts remember everyone, which is really sweet.

I went to go see them again at a show in Macy's a couple weeks ago and Matt Rubano was joking around with me and was telling me that they should pay ME for going to their shows since I go to so many of them. <3

Oh, btw, I've seen THIS oh so many times and I never realized what it said until right now! I wonder who took that.
on letting go.
Awake and Unafraid
on letting go.
September 27th, 2009 at 05:06pm
...bump? :D
Search and Destroy
Search and Destroy
March 29th, 2010 at 05:34pm
Announcement from Fazzi
I Used To Be In Taking Back Sunday.
To everyone in the TBS family, it is with great sadness I am announcing today that I am no longer a part of Taking Back Sunday. The last 2 years with Taking Back Sunday have been beyond a dream come true, from touring and playing with bands that I really admire, to playing new places all around the world, to meeting and working with so many wonderful people along the way. It’s something that I never once took for granted and that I will never forget. I want to thank Eddie, Matt, Adam and Mark for giving me the chance to play and make music with them, if even for a short while. We’ve accomplished a lot in a short time that I will forever be proud of. Thanks to everyone involved for making this such a beautiful experience for me, especially YOU, the fans. You have been so warm and receptive to me since I joined and for this I am forever grateful. As for me, I will continue on with my own music and I hope to see some of your smiling faces around soon.

With all my love,
Matthew Fazzi

Edit: Fazzis post has now been added to TBS.com
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
and one from Matt Rubano
After seven years I'm sad to announce that I will no longer be playing the bass with Taking Back Sunday. I would like to thank Adam, Eddie and Mark for giving me this amazing opportunity that changed my life. I am proud of the music we made together and cherished every moment of it. And to Taking Back Sunday fans, there isn't anything I can say that will express the way I feel toward you. It's literally been a dream come true and you were the cast of that dream. I am happy to have met and befriended so many of you. I will miss you all.

I am shocked, 2 members leaving the band in 1 day!

Edit: Actually from the comments Adam has made on his twitter it seems the Matts didn't leave they were kicked out!
deafening_silence
Thinking Happy Thoughts
deafening_silence
March 29th, 2010 at 05:45pm
just read it on the official site. i'm totally blown away! =(

edit: now rumors of shaun and john are back with the band. which makes sense considering straylight is on hiatus.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
March 29th, 2010 at 11:04pm
What the hell?!?!
kid from yesterday.
Bleeding on the Floor
kid from yesterday.
March 29th, 2010 at 11:29pm
Ok. I am....devastated. D: I convinced myself it was a really bad, way advanced April Fools joke, but that doesn't seem likely with how things are going. GAH. I mean, they change the line-up as often as they change clothes, but I didn't see this coming at all. =\ There's talk of a reunion tour and everything...but. Damn, it's Rubano you know - and Fazzi was settling in really awesomely too.

I'm just really thankful I met both Matts in Melbourne, and they were so incredibly nice - but there goes my dream of seeing them in my country.

Bummed. Totally.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
March 31st, 2010 at 02:37pm
deafening_silence
Thinking Happy Thoughts
deafening_silence
April 12th, 2010 at 07:12pm
Q&A with Adam on alt press.
http://www.altpress.com/features/qa_tbs.htm