Don't have an account? Create one!

Prostitution

AuthorMessage
the sharpest lives.
Shotgun Sinner
the sharpest lives.
October 13th, 2007 at 09:01pm
I'm all against prostitution. Even though it is illegal in places, people still do it. So imagine if it was legalalized. Even more people would do it and there would be even more people with STDs and AIDS. I think it is unsafe and wrong on so many different levels.
Ignore Alien Orders
Salute You in Your Grave
Ignore Alien Orders
October 13th, 2007 at 09:37pm
Reject.:
I'm all against prostitution. Even though it is illegal in places, people still do it. So imagine if it was legalalized. Even more people would do it and there would be even more people with STDs and AIDS. I think it is unsafe and wrong on so many different levels.

Not necessarily. Most people don't seem to be into the idea of having sex for money or conversely, paying for sex. It might grow in popularity, but not as much as you seem to think it would. If it's legalized then it can be controlled more easily--it won't eliminate STDs that are transmitted through sex workers, or pimps, or violence towards sex workers, but it will help reduce it.
Diana_a7x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Diana_a7x
November 12th, 2007 at 09:31pm
I'm against it, it should not be legal, we have more than enough people with the HIV virus.
Star Ashes
Fabulous Killjoy
Star Ashes
November 12th, 2007 at 09:59pm
im not sure really because if it is legalized then people would be taking it as a job, and so many people could get hurt, but if it wasn't it would still carry on
Simple and Clean
Salute You in Your Grave
Simple and Clean
November 12th, 2007 at 10:09pm
Thing is though, even if it's legalised, people's opinions on it would remain, so in therory, the amount of people partaking in it won't increase that much.

Since prostitution will always be around, no matter what, I think brothels should be aloud. But have say panic buttons in the rooms, and the men being searched for thfor weapons.
That way, violence can be avoided.
Diana_a7x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Diana_a7x
November 12th, 2007 at 11:34pm
Yeah, but whatever shall they do about STD's?
dee dee ramone.
Always Born a Crime
dee dee ramone.
November 13th, 2007 at 09:23pm
^Well if it's legalized then they will have regular tests, and they will have to use condoms, the men will be checked, etc It will not completely eradicate STD's of course but it's not going to make it worse if they legalize it.
Jesse Lacey;
Awake and Unafraid
Jesse Lacey;
November 14th, 2007 at 01:13am
Well, it's the woman's body, isn't it? I don't think the government (or anyone for that matter) should tell anybody what they can and cannot do with themselves. As long as the women and men know the risks, and are willing, and won't sue everyone when they get HIV or gonorrhea, then sure, it should be legal.
Diana_a7x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Diana_a7x
November 14th, 2007 at 01:20am
Good its settled then Very Happy
Exodus
Always Born a Crime
Exodus
November 14th, 2007 at 01:21am
i agree with sarah (hi by the way)
Jesse Lacey;
Awake and Unafraid
Jesse Lacey;
November 14th, 2007 at 01:21am
Diana_a7x:
Good its settled then Very Happy

just wondering, who were you referring to when you said that?
Diana_a7x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Diana_a7x
November 14th, 2007 at 01:22am
0_o no one....I agree with what you typed though
Exodus
Always Born a Crime
Exodus
November 14th, 2007 at 01:25am
i like your avatar diana
Diana_a7x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Diana_a7x
November 14th, 2007 at 01:27am
frank_gee_lover:
i like your avatar diana

Very Happy Thank you so much!
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
November 14th, 2007 at 04:49am
Frank_gee_lover and Diana_a7x, please stop spamming. It's annoying and unnecessary.

Anyway.
Just because it's illegal in some places, it doesn't mean that all illegal prostitutes have STIs / HIV etc. Believe it or not, there are some people who choose to do it, and I daresay there would be quite a lot of prostitutes, illegal or legal, who get themselves checked regulary.

And, if prostitution was legalised, then that wouldn't necessarily guarantee the safety of the prostitute - there would still be 'pimps' and others who try and exploit [mainly] women.
no face.
Awake and Unafraid
no face.
November 14th, 2007 at 05:10am
I think it should be legal, it'd reduce the amount of rape because sex would be readily avalible. And of course they'd have checks for diaseases and it'd make men feel better about themselves because they might suck but of course the prostitutes arent gonna tell them that Wink

all in all i think its a great idea to legalize it, they'd have wayyyy more control over it.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
November 14th, 2007 at 05:52am
Legalising it won't reduce the amount of rape. It has been proven that rape is a control / power thing in most cases, not a sexual thing. Most people who rape others want to hurt the victim psychologically as well as physically. I highly doubt that most people rape because they can't get any.

But there would be more control over prostitution if it was legalised, I agree. And if brothels were to become legalised, it would most probably be up to the brothels to helath check their workers.
raventears
Killjoy
raventears
November 17th, 2007 at 08:12pm
well some women have no other way 2 make money so they go 2 prostituion 2 make money
Diana_a7x
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Diana_a7x
November 17th, 2007 at 08:16pm
^^Thats true..but they also refuse to look or find other ways to make money
Jesse Lacey;
Awake and Unafraid
Jesse Lacey;
November 17th, 2007 at 08:50pm
Diana_a7x:
^^Thats true..but they also refuse to look or find other ways to make money

Not all the time. Some people do it just to get a feeling of acceptance, even if it does come from a pimp in a dark alley in the middle of the night,