Don't have an account? Create one!

Do You Like MCR?

AuthorMessage
sad savior;
Wild Eyed Joker
sad savior;
August 10th, 2008 at 02:32pm
I still love them so much.
But I think I over played them when I was really really obsessed.

I still love them , though.
And I can't wait for new stuff.
FrankiieIero
Jazz Hands
FrankiieIero
August 10th, 2008 at 02:40pm
I still love them, maybe when their new album comes out a lot of people that lost a little interest in them will gain it back.! :]]
jfc113
Salute You in Your Grave
jfc113
August 10th, 2008 at 05:28pm
Yeah, I still like them.

I just don't play them a lot, but I do still consider them my favorite band.
Eh. I think it's just the lack of things going on right now.

When they put out a new album, I'll prolly be listening to them more.
I think I'm just getting bored with the same things over and over,
it's not like they've got a billion songs...
The Original Bob.
Demolition Lover
The Original Bob.
August 11th, 2008 at 09:57am
They're still my favourite band. I still love them. They still mean alot to me. A new CD would be amazing, a new video would be great, but I still love them.
made from neon
Salute You in Your Grave
made from neon
August 14th, 2008 at 04:45am
Good frickin' question.
I don't like the guys in particular for using the live DVD tactic when the act gets stale.
I do like the fact that the Black Parade is Dead! though. Did not enjoy the phase.
They'd have my infinite love if they wrote a new album more along the lines of Bullets or even Three Cheers.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
August 14th, 2008 at 01:14pm
ketamine.:
I don't like the guys in particular for using the live DVD tactic when the act gets stale. I do like the fact that the Black Parade is Dead! though. Did not enjoy the phase. They'd have my infinite love if they wrote a new album more along the lines of Bullets or even Three Cheers.
Er...I don't believe that TBPID! was intended to be a "tactic" because "the act got stale." The band had always wanted to release a full show dvd and simply did so. The "act" didn't "get stale;" the dudes were on hiatus by the time of its release. And TBP was not a "phase," it was an album. The band counts on us to be willing to grow with them; they are not going to now go back and rehash Bullets or Revenge - they are going to put out something fresh, and I for one am excited to see what direction they head in next. This band doesn't put out shit.
cyAb6a
Salute You in Your Grave
cyAb6a
August 17th, 2008 at 07:41pm
i'm so obsessed, and i hope i never stop being obsessed i love them so much, and yes i think gerard is cute, adorable, sexy, hot, funny,etc., but i loved their music before i even knew what they looked like
xXtWiStEdXx
Jazz Hands
xXtWiStEdXx
August 17th, 2008 at 08:18pm
I love them!!! But I know that in a few years that if they don't come out wth something in the next year or so they may just slowly fade out of my life. It will happen like this:

1. My visits here will become less frequent then I'll stop coming on all together.

2. Start listening and memorizing the lyrics to songs that other bands wrote and slowly forget the ones by MCR.

3. I'll notice that I don't really like MCR anymore, but I'll still tap my foot to their songs (who wouldn't) and from time to time listen to them on my iPod. I'd take down my posters and pack away my CD's and AP magazines that I only buy to see if MCR is in them.

It happens to all the other bands I've been upsessed with (not many). I'm just hoping MCR will be different. I mean I know they're 'taking it slow' but I still really want them to jump back in with more songs more videos and more tours because if they come out with more music soon I'll keep interest in them for much, much longer.

I hope this band will be different for me!

Very Happy
Sid
Salute You in Your Grave
Sid
August 17th, 2008 at 09:12pm
I overplayed them alot and sometimes I'll skip a song or two on the old iPod shuffle but they're such an important part of my life, as sad as that sounds. It's like, I put my life into catagories: Work, School, Family, Social Life, MCR. They're just something that'll always be there and I love them. Even if they never did anything new related to MCR ever again (which would still be crushing), I couldn't forget them. Ever.

So yeah, when I'm, like, 80 and my grandkids are listening to some new band/artist, I'll be the crazy old relative that sits them down and says 'Kids, come here! It's time to introduce you to some real music...'
ciara.
Crash Queen
ciara.
August 18th, 2008 at 12:28am
^ same XD
I'll always be the one who'll tell about my love of the band to my children/grandkids/nieces in the future

they have played an important role in my life.
Bunny Marie Way
Fabulous Killjoy
Bunny Marie Way
August 18th, 2008 at 06:58am
I dont like them
i dont love them
im not obsessed by them....

IM FREAKIN POSESSED!!!!!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked
neville longbottom.
Banned
neville longbottom.
August 19th, 2008 at 11:43am
I don't listen to them every day like used to, but that's partly from over playing/ no new album. I still consider them my favourite band and when the new album comes out I'll proably be as obssesed as I was when I first found them.
So yeah, I do still like them.
savannah's gone.
Bleeding on the Floor
savannah's gone.
August 22nd, 2008 at 07:30am
Well, they're not my favorite band anymore and I haven't played any of their CD's in a few months at least. I only listen to them occasionally on my ipod and I got TBPID the day it was out and still haven't watched it all yet. So in short, I like still like them, just nowhere near as much as I used to.
Bleeding; Juliet
Motor Baby
Bleeding; Juliet
August 22nd, 2008 at 08:29pm
It klls me so much. I definitely hate myself for it, and it makes me want to hurt myself, but I don't like them anymore.
werard gay.
Crash Queen
werard gay.
August 23rd, 2008 at 03:42am
i don't listened to them that much like i did before.
because i've listened to all of their songs already and;
i already memorized all the lyrics in each of their song. lol.

but i still love them though... no matter what.
they changed me. yeah. yeah.
and i just can't fucking wait for the new stuff that they are going to give us.

---oh, MCR. please come back soon. <333
dana eats dreams
Banned
dana eats dreams
August 23rd, 2008 at 01:38pm
Well I think that is an obvious question.
Since this is a MyChem fansite, you know? Hah.

I used to love them, but the huge gap of time between Sweet Cheers and TBP - I got sick of just listening to the same two albums and occassional singles. Then when TBP came out, I totally hated it. Hatedddd it. Now they just do it for the money in my opinion. The fame got to their heads.
Actually that's not true, just Gerard's.
xBlondeconfidencex
Fabulous Killjoy
xBlondeconfidencex
August 24th, 2008 at 07:59am
I LOVE them so much and i'm totally obsessed with them!
I don't know if i will ever stop listening to them bt i hope not.. They always make me feel better if im not ok..
ciara.
Crash Queen
ciara.
August 24th, 2008 at 10:13pm
^ A lot of people here don't like them anymore so... the answers aren't that predictable.

I stopped listening to them already. But I'm waiting for the next album. If there is gonna be one still. And they'll always be my favorite. Always.
valiumobsequy
Awake and Unafraid
valiumobsequy
August 25th, 2008 at 05:43pm
I cant stop listening to them They are soo great i loooooove them soooooo much!
Chantal
Bleeding on the Floor
Chantal
August 25th, 2008 at 07:22pm
I'v always found it quite strange that there are so many people here who don't like mcr......

But anywayz, I love them dearly. While I can't wait to see what they come up with next, I still love listening to their other stuff. I'm not bored with it. and I don't plan on getting bored with it any time soon. They are my absolute favorite band, and I'll love them to the end.

Here's the thing though, while I love them soooo much, I dont't love them as much as they are a part of me. I have grown with the band and gained so much from them and seen them grow. I wouldn't be myself if it wasn't for the profound affect they have had on my life, and that's something that can never change.