Don't have an account? Create one!

Do You Like MCR?

AuthorMessage
NachaCyanide
Thinking Happy Thoughts
NachaCyanide
December 18th, 2008 at 06:13pm
I still love them, maybe not like 4 years ago, because EVERYTHING was so different, but they changed something in me♥
severus.
Awake and Unafraid
severus.
December 18th, 2008 at 10:48pm
I don't listen to them much anymore, but they'll always be my favorite band because they meant/mean more to me than any band ever will.

I understand where people who resent non-My Chem fans on this site are coming from, but I think as long as non-fans are respectful of the fact that this is first and foremost a My Chemical Romance site and the vast majority of members are fans, it's not so bad.
My Chemical Living.
Motor Baby
My Chemical Living.
December 19th, 2008 at 08:50am
I still listen to them alot! I loved them more then TCFSR was out. Then with TBP they changed a bit. But whatever they helped me through cancer so! FACK YA!
sweetrevenge86
Jazz Hands
sweetrevenge86
December 19th, 2008 at 10:54am
Deb:
accessorised bones.:
tbh, i'm bored of them. the way you put that sentence,you kind of made it seem like people have to like mcr.
I don't mean to be disrespectful, but...you are aware that this is an MCR fansite, right? We are just wondering why post here then is all - surely there are WAYT threads on message boards for the bands you do still like, no? And you can IM the friends that you've made here, or e-mail them, or text them, or hit them up on myspace/facebook/twitter. Just sayin...

I can see where you're coming from Deb but it's not that simple. Yes this is an MCR board but just because someone feels different about the band then they used to it doesn't mean they don't belong here or they still don‘t have an interest in them. They could still be hopeful that there might be some news about them touring again or new material or something. I haven't seen anyone say anything really hateful or nasty on here yet so who cares if not everyone on here isn't still a huge MCR fan? They can still talk about them if they want and as long as they‘re not spamming or causing offence it shouldn‘t matter.

Despite how I have felt about the band over the past year or so I have been a fan for a long time and I will always have a lot of great memories. I have travelled all over the country to see them, been to some of the best gigs of my life and met some of my best friends through being an MCR fan. Why should I forget all that just because I don't listen to them as much as I used to or my opinion of certain members (Gerard and Mikey) have changed?

We don't stop talking to our friends about ex boyfriends or ex best friends just because we don't like them anymore, if you still have feelings about someone or something you still talk about it regardless of what those feelings are so why should a band that has meant a lot to you at some point in your life be any different? The same goes for fans who have become bored of MCR. If you watched your favourite movie every day for a year you'd get bored of that too but it doesn't mean you'd stop liking it or the actors in it and wouldn't ever talk about it again. No one has been abusive in this thread, it’s just people giving their opinions.

To be honest I'm really not surprised that fans are getting bored of MCR. Although the Black Parade was an amazing album they really did tour it to death and apart from the DVD that came out earlier this year (and even that was just a live DVD of TBP tour) they haven't released anything since. Not only has there been no new material in over two years, they've also pretty much been completely off the radar with the exception of the odd interview here and there. They haven't toured in over a year, there have been no videos or anything to keep fans interested and for such a young band with only three albums under their belts a year is a hell of a long time for fans to be kept waiting. With bandmates settling into married life and babies on the way it looks like their break will be even longer than planned. Good for them and everything, they’ve worked very hard and deserve a break but I wouldn’t be surprised if even more MCR fans start to lose interest over the next year. The music industry is very tough and there are hundreds of other bands that are constantly touring or releasing videos etc that the fans can and will move on to in MCRs absence.

I don’t think that many of the people on here that are bored of MCR stay here just to keep in touch with friends, like you said, there are countless ways to stay in touch not just on this board. I think it just shows that although some fans are going off/getting a bit bored of MCR they still care or feel something for the band. I didn’t join this board to make friends (good job, I‘m hardly the most popular person on here) I have plenty of them in the real world. I only joined to talk about a great band I really loved and I guess I still do. I don’t come on here as often as I used to but the fact that I’m still here at all shows that I do still care and don’t want to completely forget about them.