Don't have an account? Create one!

Suicide and Self harm

AuthorMessage
Wandering_Soul
Jazz Hands
Wandering_Soul
August 26th, 2009 at 10:46pm
It seems to me that these sort of people have a problem in their life that they cannot defeat on their own. Its when others do not help them and they feel alone and trapped when the self harm and suicide happens. Self harm seems to be used as a release, a cry out for help or a distraction from other problems. Suicide's appeal is that it is the "ultimate" escape. I have no intention of endorsing suicide, it is a horrible thing to commit. But that is what the appeal is.

As for people commiting self-harm to be accepted, well that just doesn't seem to make sense with me. If you need to resort to that to be accepted, is it really worth it? What group would only accept you if you go against every instinct in your body, and hurt yourself?

As for my thoughts on suicide it tears apart families, and if you kill yourself there is a 100% chance that you will never be happy again. The damage you do on your loved ones will ensure that they will always live their lives with regret and remorse. Your death could then trigger more, and create a chain of misery.

Life has a way of dropping something in your lap that will change your entire life for the better. There is something and someone out there that will make you happy, if your wallowing in your own misery then you will either miss them, or drive them away. The only way to appreciate the beauty of life is to see it at its ugliest. The trick is endureing long enough to see the dawn after the night.
a touch of anarchy.
Shotgun Sinner
a touch of anarchy.
August 27th, 2009 at 09:10am
^^ of course you will never be happy again if you kill yourself, as you will be dead. xD
Darkromance
Banned
Darkromance
November 16th, 2009 at 01:10pm
The only really good reason to ever kill yourself is if you're in a burning building, and your options are to either jump or burn. Think of the people who jumped off the twin towers on 911. it was either get crushed by tons of debree and fire, or jump out the window and die on the way down. I saw this movie called "the shirt traingle factory scandal" or something in the 8th grade, and it was about a shirt triangle factory that caught fire. Some of the women who worked there jumped out of the windows because they couldn't get out and the firefighters couldn't save everybody. I think it was based on a true story.

If your choices are to die one way or die a less painful suicide, then suicide can be a positive thing.
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
November 17th, 2009 at 05:09pm
Darkromance:

I also think that if you are diagnosed with some sort of disease, and you were going to die soon anyway, suicide would be okay... if you didn't want to spend your last few moments or whatever... or if you were dying anyway, whether you had a disease or not, I guess. If there would be absolutely no way to get help.

I have also been thinking lately that people should have a right to die if they wanted to volunteerly, but I think if they wanted to kill themselves just because they didn't want life anymore they should really think about it, in case that there would be a chance they would change their mind.
Break Me Down
Fabulous Killjoy
Break Me Down
November 29th, 2009 at 09:16am
The only time suicide is okay for me is if you're in 2012 and you're falling off the cliff and don't want to prolong your death. Otherwise, suicide isn't a legit answer. once it's done, it's done. no going back. if you're christian, you go to hell for that sort of thing. so if you thought you were going through crap on earth, wait for the next step.
LunacyFringe
Killjoy
LunacyFringe
November 29th, 2009 at 12:31pm
I think that a lot of people who committ suicide probably do it because they feel alone and like no one loves them. I also think that thats probably untrue 99% of the time. When you committ suicide you are not just ending your own life, you are destroying the lives of all the people who care about you. In most cases I would say that suicide is pretty selfish. Suicide is NEVER the only way out. Never. Find another way to help yourself and continue to live, not just for you but for all the people that love you.
Or am I just fat??
Really Not Okay
Or am I just fat??
February 3rd, 2010 at 05:00pm
In my opinion, you are not really able to know how a person feels if they choose that suicide is the way for them unless you too have felt it. Most people who do have depression or perhaps a mental disorder, like me. And it really fucking gets on my nerves when people think its either 'cool' or are generally faking it. It really isn't cool. If I could change the way I am mentally, I would. I never chose to have this, nor do I want sympathy from people because I do. If you're worried that you are experiencing these feelings, immediatly talk to somebody. Whether it be your parent, friend or a help line, just talk to somebody.
Suicide is very selfish, and yeah, i've felt like it at times but never really acted upon it because i know how it'll effect those around me (My aunt killed herself when i was young). However, you get into a mindset which makes you not see the path and you can't feel sympathy for the people around you on how it will affect them because your so tuned into your own emotions. You have to be really strong willed to ignore those emotions and make it through the next day, and the next day after that. Certain people just don't have that strength, like my aunt, which is why I find it really upsetting.
I don't see how the subject could be remotely funny at all to be fair, I don't know if that's just me because i've been through it or i've felt it. I enjoy black humour but that is just off the scale.
I think everybody should be reminded that they are a postive part of this world, and that they are loved, and that they are special. For me, it felt like I never got much of that when I was little, so now I absolutely adore it and almost have to have it - like a drug, being told constantly and if I don't, I do feel a like shit.
Suicide should be talked more often. Let's get rid of the taboo side because it is serious and affects ALOT of people, not just teens.
XunwantedX
Killjoy
XunwantedX
March 4th, 2010 at 03:44pm
i think we can help stop it bye not putting Self-Injurers down, By reaching out to them and telling them we care, People have to understand a little bit, Its there way of coping, So why do we make fun of them? Why not try and help them??
S713
Joining The Black Parade
S713
March 7th, 2010 at 12:21am
LunacyFringe:
Suicide is NEVER the only way out. Never.

The problem isn't that it's the only way out. It's the fact that they honestly can't come up with another solution on their own.

That, and what if sometimes there truly is no other way. There are only so many treatments. There are only so many coping methods. If you actually exhaust every possible method of treatment then what's the answer? Do you force that person to suffer for the rest of their life just for your sake? So you don't have to feel any pain? That's pretty selfish also.

Mind you, unless you were to have a true disorder/illness the above situation would obviously not apply.
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
March 10th, 2010 at 08:30pm
I'm actually starting to think that suicide is a civil right, a personal choice. I now think people should decide if they want to die. And I don't think failed suicides should result in being forced to be hospitalized, either. And it should not be a crime. I don't think forcing someone to get better will help at all, so involuntary treatment is not good at all. So basically, I now think people should have a right to die...
attic dramatic
Jazz Hands
attic dramatic
March 11th, 2010 at 07:16am
Horror Show.:
I'm actually starting to think that suicide is a civil right, a personal choice. I now think people should decide if they want to die. And I don't think failed suicides should result in being forced to be hospitalized, either. And it should not be a crime. I don't think forcing someone to get better will help at all, so involuntary treatment is not good at all. So basically, I now think people should have a right to die...
Well people should have a right to die, but it depends on the circumstances of that person.
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
March 11th, 2010 at 04:14pm
^ Well, yeah, that's true, too. But I think if you kill yourself over like, a boyfriend that you had for a week suddenly dumped you then that's stupid. I think you have to have something plausable.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
March 11th, 2010 at 04:48pm
^ to the two posts above. I just wanted to pose a question, whose to say that a person can't kill themselves because thier circumstances aren't "all that bad" to someone from the outside? They may not know the whole story. You may see someone who killed themself after breaking up with someone they only went out with for a week, but that could have just been the final straw that broke in that persons life.

And just because one has "the proper" circumstances they should be allowed to kill themselves? So instead of supporting such people because times are rough you should just hand them a gun and say "well it was nice to know you"? I believe if someone is terminally ill then euthanization is fine, but almost all other problems can be fixed.
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
March 11th, 2010 at 05:51pm
^ No, I meant that if that was the only reason someone was upset, then that would be ridiculous. If there were other things going on in someone's life and the break up pushed them over the edge, I wouldn't have said that.

But I think people should have a right to die because it's their life and no one elses. If they're truely miserable and want to die, then they should have a right to do so. I'm not saying it's bad to talk someone out of it, I'm just saying that people should have a right to choose whether they die at a certain time or not. And they should not be forced to go to a mental facility after the attempt if they fail. They can go if they want to get better. But I think if it's fixable, you should think long and hard about the decision, because there is no coming back once you're gone...
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
March 11th, 2010 at 06:12pm
I keep hearing things that, basically, say that suicide should be allowed under certain circumstances.

The only way to enforce that and ensure it is to create some sort of panel to approach after applying for the right to commit suicide, then sharing your situation and, if not solutions are found, you are given some kind of license.

That seems a little ridiculous. I feel like people in here are trying to get others to agree with them, but the truth is you're for or against it. You can't regulate something like that.
SweetMe
Killjoy
SweetMe
March 12th, 2010 at 05:02am
Cutting isint a relif from problems. i dont see it how can pain make ur problems go away? It just hurts thats another problem. hmm... Emotional pain can't be took away by cutting , you just have to go through it .... everyone does.
attic dramatic
Jazz Hands
attic dramatic
March 12th, 2010 at 06:02am
SweetMe:
Cutting isint a relif from problems. i dont see it how can pain make ur problems go away? It just hurts thats another problem. hmm... Emotional pain can't be took away by cutting , you just have to go through it .... everyone does.
ur right
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
March 12th, 2010 at 06:29am

^^
Please contribute to the discussion if you feel the need to post.

Cutting is just like something like alcoholism, its used to try drown problems out. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong, I've had no personal experience with it so I can't really make a very informative arguement. Smile
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
March 12th, 2010 at 05:12pm
SweetMe:

Yes, but cutting gets the mind off of the emotional pain, to where your mind just focuses on your new physical pain. Then you do it so much that you become addicted to it. Some people who aren't depressed anymore still cut themselves, even though they feel better. That's how addictive and hard to stop it is.
Coraline.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Coraline.
March 12th, 2010 at 08:16pm
Honestly i think that if someone is suicidal and they believe they will be happier that way,let them go ahead and do it.
In the end we all die anyway
No amount of talking and begging can ever get those kind of thoughts out of someones head,to take a life is so easy.
For example terminal patients,people who have no hope for a better life,whos to say they should carry on through that?

And people who are depressed? If they truly want a better life,they'll work on themselves to get better,i know,cus ive done it.

it takes balls to take a life and save one,suicide isnt a coward's way out,it isnt an easy option,its a way to get rid of all the pain a person feels.

Unless youv'e experienced that,you cant possibly judge people for it.
Emotional pain overpowers any kind of physical pain,physical pain only lingers for a while,emotional pain is always there.
if you had the choice,what would you choose.

We're all only human,we can only take so much.