Don't have an account? Create one!

The All-American Rejects

AuthorMessage
Kaede
Bleeding on the Floor
Kaede
April 9th, 2007 at 09:40am
xxxDeath'sAngelxxx:
i think there awesome i love there song "it ends tonight" i saw alot of of there interviews i thnk there awesome(again Cool

Yeah, I reckon that song was awsome! I always hear it on the radio. All American Rejects is a cool band!

EDIT: Yay! This is my first Page claim!
BloodWay
Fabulous Killjoy
BloodWay
April 11th, 2007 at 12:25am
I think 'move along' and 'It's end tonight' VERY COOL!!! Very Happy
Easy Mac
In The Murder Scene
Easy Mac
April 11th, 2007 at 02:37pm
^ I like those songs. They are pretty good
ceiling cat
Thinking Happy Thoughts
ceiling cat
November 23rd, 2007 at 12:15am
Okay, I can't believe I had to sift through like nearly 20 pages to find this thread.

I have always had a soft spot for The All-American Rejects, but never really knew all that much about them. Sure, I'd heard 'Swing, Swing', 'My Paper Heart' and all the 'Move Along' singles, and had caught a glimpse of their latest videos, but I hadn't had the full AAR experience.

Until a while back, when my friend gave me 'Move Along' to listen to. And then lent me 'Tournado' to watch.

And goodness. They are amazing.

Though I think 'Move Along' will always be one of my all-time favourite songs (so what if it was released on mainstream radio xD), they are so talented. Tyson is an amazing vocalist who can carry his voice just as well on stage, and Nick, Chris and Mike are all incredible musicians. I also love how Tyson is both lead vocals and bass, because at least in the bands I listen to that isn't a very common combination (well, like, except for blink-182...).

From watching their DVD, I also love how they seem like really friendly people. You get bands who make music of a similar genre or subject matter who are all like 'we do it for the fans' but then in real life they don't give their fans the time of day - these guys are willing to do the signings and the photographs. And they seem genuinely excited about what they're doing - sure, they're tired, as Nick says xD, but they appreciate the hotels and the perks of being in a successful band without really taking it for granted.

Plus, they're damn funny. And Nick is just adorable.

I'm yet to hear their first album in full and any B-sides and EPs, but from what I've heard, these guys are brilliant.

That is my rant on The All-American Rejects. Gotta love them.

Don't let this page fall back as far as it did.

Smiley
selfish machine.
Always Born a Crime
selfish machine.
November 23rd, 2007 at 01:10am
Thank you for bringing this thread back.
I've always loved AAR, they were my obsession for awhile before The Black Parade came out. I was one of the first 700 people to join the AARMY.
=D
ceiling cat
Thinking Happy Thoughts
ceiling cat
November 24th, 2007 at 07:20am
songs of victory.:
Thank you for bringing this thread back.
I've always loved AAR, they were my obsession for awhile before The Black Parade came out. I was one of the first 700 people to join the AARMY.
=D

Hey, no problem.

I like to think I'm doing people a favour... this band cannot be ignored!! <3

Wow, that's really cool about the AARmy... can I ask what joining it involves, and what the perks etc. are? I know they have sound check parties for AARmy members, which is pretty damn awesome as it is, but haven't really heard much about it.

I am extending my AAR fandom now that I have learnt to play 'Swing, Swing', 'My Paper Heart' and 'Dirty Little Secret' on guitar =] Which for me is a big deal. I suck at guitar. xD
Kaede
Bleeding on the Floor
Kaede
November 24th, 2007 at 11:26am
I bought Move Along for Jennifer (im.just.me), she really likes it! I heard a lot of the AAR songs from the movie, "She's the Man". For some reason, I mistook them for MCR because of the way the singer was singing the song lol. I knew it was The All-American Rejects after I saw the credits lol.
I still love them! ^_^
selfish machine.
Always Born a Crime
selfish machine.
November 24th, 2007 at 03:16pm
Marty Dressler.:
Hey, no problem.

Wow, that's really cool about the AARmy... can I ask what joining it involves, and what the perks etc. are? I know they have sound check parties for AARmy members, which is pretty damn awesome as it is, but haven't really heard much about it.

I am extending my AAR fandom now that I have learnt to play 'Swing, Swing', 'My Paper Heart' and 'Dirty Little Secret' on guitar =] Which for me is a big deal. I suck at guitar. xD

I'm pretty sure you get a T-shirt, dogtag, guitar pick, and backstage access and whatnot. I got the lower rank, though, so I didn't get everything that they have.
There's a list here so you can see what other good stuff it comes with.

And I got the Move Along CD for my birthday last year, and it's AMAZING.
[:
ceiling cat
Thinking Happy Thoughts
ceiling cat
November 25th, 2007 at 09:50am
songs of victory.:
Marty Dressler.:
Hey, no problem.

I'm pretty sure you get a T-shirt, dogtag, guitar pick, and backstage access and whatnot. I got the lower rank, though, so I didn't get everything that they have.
There's a list here so you can see what other good stuff it comes with.

And I got the Move Along CD for my birthday last year, and it's AMAZING.
[:

Awesome, thanks for that. I'm taking it that the lower rank doesn't cost as much? If so, that's pretty cool - I kinda hate how you have to pay to be part of a fan club because they're usually so expensive, so to at least have that option is handy xD

Gee... AAR just keep getting better and better!! : D

Keep this thread up guys... AAR FTW!! <3
selfish machine.
Always Born a Crime
selfish machine.
November 25th, 2007 at 05:24pm
Yeah, the lower rank is a little bit cheaper since you don't get as much,
and I hate that you have to pay for it,
but it's definitely worth it.
[:
beneath it all.
Awake and Unafraid
beneath it all.
November 25th, 2007 at 11:51pm
I've been wondering this for the longest time.
Are they done touring for 'Move Along'?
Because it seems like forever since they last toured.
ceiling cat
Thinking Happy Thoughts
ceiling cat
November 26th, 2007 at 12:59am
sam;:
I've been wondering this for the longest time.
Are they done touring for 'Move Along'?
Because it seems like forever since they last toured.

Yeah, I was wondering that too... I missed them when they came down under *sigh* I'm always too late to see new favourite bands! xD

As far as I know they're done with touring for now. If you go to their site to view the tour dates they haven't got any up. I hope they do another tour soon though... that would be rad.

songs of victory.:
Yeah, the lower rank is a little bit cheaper since you don't get as much,
and I hate that you have to pay for it,
but it's definitely worth it.
[:

Yeah, I had a look at what you get and I want it so bad!! xD It's a shame that these things have to be paid for, but I suppose it's a cool way to get exclusive merch. Plus it's not like one's fandom is judged by whether or not they're a member, it's just another thing to get in to.

Thanks heaps for helping me revive this thread!! <3
Frnk iero.
Awake and Unafraid
Frnk iero.
February 1st, 2008 at 10:57pm
The All American Rejects are my Atheist self's God.

Those four fine men from Okie, have saved my life.

I owe my life to them.

In Love
onehitwonder
Killjoy
onehitwonder
July 10th, 2008 at 05:30pm
ahh i finally found this thread!

I looove these guys! I have the biggest crush on Chris Gaylor! Someone needs to fangirl with me over this band Dance

onehitwonder
Killjoy
onehitwonder
July 22nd, 2008 at 11:14am
no one? oh well i'll give it another try.

DAVEY HAVOK.
Banned
DAVEY HAVOK.
July 22nd, 2008 at 12:06pm
I love their album 'Move Along'!
I am writing a book and each song fits so perfectly to what the story is about.
My favorite song is Can't Take It. I play the bass in an orchestra and to be able to hear the orchestra and just the harmonizing vocals is amazing.
I also love the song, because the singing is extraodinary.
Dance Inside is also another one of my favorites.
'Move Along' is one of my favorite albums, I have to say.
And yes, they did have a tour. I pretty sure they just finished, or coming to a close touring with Bon Jovi. I wish I could have gone....
Doll Parts
Salute You in Your Grave
Doll Parts
July 22nd, 2008 at 03:13pm
<3 its been aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages since i saw them must have been way back in 2005 i think.

the last song is a fav of mine
DAVEY HAVOK.
Banned
DAVEY HAVOK.
July 22nd, 2008 at 03:51pm
Doll Parts:
<3 its been aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages since i saw them must have been way back in 2005 i think.

the last song is a fav of mine
The last song of which album? :]
Doll Parts
Salute You in Your Grave
Doll Parts
July 24th, 2008 at 06:54am
their first one <3
DAVEY HAVOK.
Banned
DAVEY HAVOK.
July 24th, 2008 at 01:05pm
Oh, I like that song too :]