Don't have an account? Create one!

Rise Against

AuthorMessage
Frank!enstein
Crash Queen
Frank!enstein
September 27th, 2008 at 11:49am
I was going to get to see them when they were on tour with My Chem
but I wasn't able to. I love there CD, The Sufferer and the Witness. It's awesome.
omg stfu
Demolition Lover
omg stfu
October 9th, 2008 at 12:27am
I'm so dissapointed in Appeal to Reason. I've actually only listened to it once because I can't stand hearing it.

I'm all for musicians changing and evolving their sound, but it seems to me that they've completely abandoned everything that made them Rise Against. It's too polished and radio-friendly for my liking.

I guess I was just expecting something different from my favourite band. I'm still hoping it will grow on me once I start listening to it again.
MJLS
Always Born a Crime
MJLS
October 10th, 2008 at 07:19am
I didn't know they covered "Making Christmas" from the Nightmare Before Christmas new soundtrack, sounds pretty good though.

I like Appeal to Reason, but probably because I never listen to new albums in a direct order, I like to mix the songs up and be surprised each time instead of knowing which song will come next and be disappointed if it isn't anything like I expected or something.

I don't know but it's always easier to keep the single on repeat and then just let the cd play and forget it's playing to get to know the other songs. But yeah ... Shifty2 I like the album, I really do.
antennas to heaven.
Banned
antennas to heaven.
October 21st, 2008 at 03:44pm
I really need to get their new album.
Volt-Zorg Boy
Awake and Unafraid
Volt-Zorg Boy
October 23rd, 2008 at 10:01am
anyone going to the november 21st chicago date?
Harlequinn
Salute You in Your Grave
Harlequinn
November 5th, 2008 at 12:49am
i get to go see them at the Filmore next week in Denver!! i'm so excited, its a small venue so its easy to meet the band and be front row and all that stuff (thats where i met ray toro and ian d'sa! Very Happy)
MJLS
Always Born a Crime
MJLS
November 5th, 2008 at 01:12am
I'm seeing them in Februari in Brussels =D

have fun in Denver EeVie! Wow
Jinx eh?
Salute You in Your Grave
Jinx eh?
November 5th, 2008 at 02:30am
Totally forgot to mention it, but I saw them again in October. They kicked off their Appeal to Reason tour in Cleveland on the 2nd, and it was an awesome show. You can read my "review" of it here, which is accompanied by many pretty good pictures. I was lucky enough to have barrier the entire show, and the bruises that formed along my hips and chest the morning after were completely worth it. They always put on an awesome show. Plus, this time I didn't break anything! That's a first for me at a Rise Against show.

And MJLS, I know how long you've wanted to see them, and I'm so glad you finally get to go! I'm happy for you. <3

I like Appeal to Reason. Yes, it's a little different, but hey...the band has been at this for almost ten years, albeit with many a change in the line-up. Appeal to Reason is their fifth studio album; I think I would be a disappointed if it wasn't a little more polished than their earlier stuff. Bands are allowed to change and grow with time, and experiment with their music as they see fit. Otherwise, it would just be boring and repetitive if they did the same thing over and over again. I love their older stuff, I love their newer stuff. They're still Rise Against, the same punk rock band who can introduce My Chemical Romance and yet still command such a presence that they can hold their own while sharing the same stage with them.
Harlequinn
Salute You in Your Grave
Harlequinn
November 17th, 2008 at 05:53pm
MJLS:
I'm seeing them in Februari in Brussels =D

have fun in Denver EeVie! Wow

thanks i had a lot of fun! i hope u have fun then!

i had front...fucking...row!!! Very Happy
its so cool being in the front row cause he actually looked me and the ppl around me individually as he sung, i was like omg this is cool haha
Volt-Zorg Boy
Awake and Unafraid
Volt-Zorg Boy
November 17th, 2008 at 08:13pm
i get to see them friday
as for the new record sounding different...
it's still the same voice
tim kinda learned to not rip his vocal chords to shreds (pro)
however, they're singing about the same injustices, same things that they find wrong with the occasional sensitive artist song about a girl...
it's all happening
Salute You in Your Grave
it's all happening
November 17th, 2008 at 11:35pm
I haven't gotten the chance to listen to much of Appeal to Reason, but from what I have heard, it's decent. Not their best by any stretch, though.

Has anyone noticed that Tim likes the word cadence a lot?
He uses it in a ton of songs.
Volt-Zorg Boy
Awake and Unafraid
Volt-Zorg Boy
November 18th, 2008 at 12:49am
^it's always used to discribe beats right?(alli can think of is in the approaching curve)
drum cadences?
maybe he's just really into drum beats and cadence is a better word for it?
Jinx eh?
Salute You in Your Grave
Jinx eh?
November 18th, 2008 at 10:00am
Volt-Zorg Boy:

it's still the same voice
tim kinda learned to not rip his vocal chords to shreds (pro)

He should probably work on that a little more. They recently had to cancel some dates in Texas because he stressed out his vocal chords a little too much. No
tarasaurus rex!
Thinking Happy Thoughts
tarasaurus rex!
November 18th, 2008 at 12:50pm
I love cadences, lol.
But I ALSO love Appeal To Reason, I think my favorite song
is either 'Entertaniment' or 'Hero of War', that song makes me
sad though. D:
Volt-Zorg Boy
Awake and Unafraid
Volt-Zorg Boy
November 18th, 2008 at 08:53pm
Jinxeh:
He should probably work on that a little more. They recently had to cancel some dates in Texas because he stressed out his vocal chords a little too much. No

really? ugh
poor dude
when it comes down to it- you can only do that to your vocal chords for so long
let's face it- he's been doing it for at LEAST the past 10 years, people have developed vocal nodes in alot shorter time than that
especiallly with all the touring they do
i don't know how much more he can work on it because i always got the impression that his voice was just kind of scratchy- his voice isn't that smooth when he talks..
god i'd hate to be one of his daughters when they're in trouble...
Jinx eh?
Salute You in Your Grave
Jinx eh?
November 22nd, 2008 at 12:11pm
Hah, yeah. I bet he's a great father (heck, I wish my father wrote awesome songs dedicated to me) but I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of his angry words, certainly. 0_O
Volt-Zorg Boy
Awake and Unafraid
Volt-Zorg Boy
November 22nd, 2008 at 02:45pm
so last night...
barrier- far right
zach's head is fucking HUGE!
maybe i'll post pictures if i have any decent non blurynon security guard filled
Jinx eh?
Salute You in Your Grave
Jinx eh?
November 27th, 2008 at 03:26pm
^ Boy needs to grow some hair. The shaved look works for some, but his head is just so...perfectly round...whenever I see them live, I always end up staring at his head. It's weird.
Volt-Zorg Boy
Awake and Unafraid
Volt-Zorg Boy
November 27th, 2008 at 11:52pm
his head is just ... i mean it's huge
i think he'd look horrible with hair because it would seem bigger
high drama.
Awake and Unafraid
high drama.
December 2nd, 2008 at 02:35pm
I've just heard 'Ready to fall', but it's an amazing song.
Love the message in the music video