Don't have an account? Create one!

Question about MCR and your teachers...

AuthorMessage
razortotherosary
Killjoy
razortotherosary
August 23rd, 2006 at 06:48pm
Ok, this is going to sound like a weird question, but here goes. I'm a high school English teacher (I'm 28 years old) but am completely insanely obsessed with music of all kinds and adore MCR beyond all sense. So, those of you in school, would you think one of your teachers was really weird if they like MCR or would you think it's kinda cool? I'm just curious what your reaction would be...
Thanks!!

PS(I'm not one of those teachers that still tries to act/dress like a teenager or anything like that, but I just tend to have tastes in things like music and movies that are closer to what younger people like than what older people like- if that makes any sense.)
bamcr
Joining The Black Parade
bamcr
August 23rd, 2006 at 06:53pm
haha, i'd think that was cool!!!

see, I did this speech last year for english on MCR and like i made this poster, put on frank's X's and my teacher was kinda freaked out. haha, she said she wasn't really sure about the band when she saw my poster.

but yeah, i'd think it would be cool.
rach3l is a sound.
Salute You in Your Grave
rach3l is a sound.
August 23rd, 2006 at 06:54pm
I would think it's kinda cool. It would show the kids that their teacher is actually, youthful in a sense.
Resignation
Bleeding on the Floor
Resignation
August 23rd, 2006 at 06:57pm
I love when teachers listen to the same music as I do, because you can crack jokes/make references in the middle of class and the only person that gets it is the teacher, and maybe a few classmates.

It makes class so much more interesting.

So, it's not weird- its totally fucking awesome.
One-X.
Bleeding on the Floor
One-X.
August 23rd, 2006 at 07:01pm
Yeah having teachers that like the same music would be cool. That would be awesome.
anna's just a kid.
In The Murder Scene
anna's just a kid.
August 23rd, 2006 at 07:43pm
Dude I wish one of my teachers actually knew who MCR was. Today i had to give a speech about my interests and i said i like MCR and two people laffed at me and the teacher just looked at me like i was insane.

But seriously, can you transfer to my school and be my teacher??? Pwetty pwetty pwease?
ImNotOkay3505
Salute You in Your Grave
ImNotOkay3505
August 23rd, 2006 at 10:26pm
I would think it was awesome. My teachers are losers.
heartstrings.
Demolition Lover
heartstrings.
August 23rd, 2006 at 10:28pm
Dude, I'd be totally amazed if my teacher listened to MCR. In a good way, though.
biggest_mistake
Shotgun Sinner
biggest_mistake
August 23rd, 2006 at 10:36pm
If my teacher loved MCR, I'd have someone to eat lunch with! Haha.
Ballroom Blitz
Bleeding on the Floor
Ballroom Blitz
August 23rd, 2006 at 11:01pm
I think if He/She brought it up in Class i would get a little embarrassed. or put up a MCR poster in the class i would get a little freaked. All long as they didn't disturb class time i'd think they where pretty darn cool.
wind opaine.
Patron Saint of Switchblade Fights
wind opaine.
August 23rd, 2006 at 11:03pm
That's cool,
I had a teacher last year who knew and listened to MCR, he was a cool teacher.
razortotherosary
Killjoy
razortotherosary
August 23rd, 2006 at 11:34pm
0_x:
I think if He/She brought it up in Class i would get a little embarrassed. or put up a MCR poster in the class i would get a little freaked. All long as they didn't disturb class time i'd think they where pretty darn cool.

I totally agree--I can see how it would be weird/embarassing if it was brought up by the teacher in class (or posters were put up), but as long as people don't think it's totally weird if my students should somehow find out otherwise, that's good to know Smile

Thanks everyone!! That definitely makes me feel a little better!
The Little Mermaid
Awake and Unafraid
The Little Mermaid
August 24th, 2006 at 12:16pm
you are a cool teacher!!!

it's not weird....
ChokeMe
Fabulous Killjoy
ChokeMe
August 24th, 2006 at 05:18pm
that would be awesome. i had this one teacher last year and i had a picture of the Madden twins (good charlotte,in case you don't know, i don't really like them anymore though...they kinda sold out if you ask me....)

but anyways, he asked me if they were from good charlotte and i said yeah. then he kept asking me what song they had on the radio,so i started naming some of their songs, and he was like "no...not that one..." to like every song i mentioned...and i mentioned A LOT. so i was getting kinda annoyed.

other than that the only teacher i've ever had who liked some of the same music as me was my music teacher who loved panic! at the disco and asked me if fall out boy was good live after she found out i went to their concert. but any others only like green day...and that's about all we have in common.

so i've never really found one that likes MCR. but it would be so cool if i did.

srry if i rambled a little..hehe.. Laughing Embarassed
Quinn.
Bleeding on the Floor
Quinn.
August 25th, 2006 at 01:59am
lol most of my teachers freak out when they see the MCR lyrics or pictures when i put them on my folders and books and stuff. or when i listen to them in class at times coz some teachers allow MP3s in class.

most teachers just dont get why young people these days have to be so "angry". meh
amanduhh
Shotgun Sinner
amanduhh
August 25th, 2006 at 02:05am
that would be so cool if my teachers liked mcr.
i wish you were my teacher. =(
through the mire
Salute You in Your Grave
through the mire
August 25th, 2006 at 02:08am
if you were my teacher i would love you etenally. =)
Jake
Joining The Black Parade
Jake
August 25th, 2006 at 09:25am
Ha. I think that's a cool thing. =)

One thing that I hate is when adults try too hard to act young or whatever, but it doesn't sound like you're doing that on purpose.

I hope I can be as awesome as you are when I'm twenty-eight.
mullet.
Really Not Okay
mullet.
August 25th, 2006 at 09:50pm
my science teacher likes my chemical romance. We had to do this journal about catagorizing music by type and stuffand how it relates to catagorizing animals,and i guess a bunh of kids put my chemical romance and she asked me if i could burn her the cd. im like wtf. and now i guess her and her husband listen to it all the time.

mhhhmh.
razortotherosary
Killjoy
razortotherosary
August 26th, 2006 at 12:32pm
Thanks everyone so much for your feedback! I promise not to be one of those teachers that tries too hard to be young, but at the same time, I have to be true to myself and the things I like and am passionate about! (right??)

I hope each one of you lucks out this year and finds a new really cool person you can connect with in your life, whether that be at school or wherever else you may goSmile