Don't have an account? Create one!

MCR In Kerrang!!!

AuthorMessage
Chemical_Romance
Salute You in Your Grave
Chemical_Romance
September 13th, 2006 at 07:08am
There's two things about them. I'll type the articles out for you because I have nothing else to do and I'm pretty fed up right now

MCR Drummer in recovery after suffering from a serious infection
My Chemical Romance dummer Bob Bryar is recuperating after his recent hospitalisation.
The band were forced to cancel a number of shows in the US on the weekend of September 2, after Bryar was taken ill following their MTV Awards performance in New York on August 31. The drummer has revealed that he was suffering from serious complications resulting from a burn injury to his leg sustained on last month's video shoot for MCR's forthcoming single, 'Welcome To The Black Parade'.
"It was quite frightening", Bryar confesses to Kerrang!. "I was feeling really dizzy like I was drunk so I went to the doctor. It turned out that some of the infection from my leg had got into my blood. It was worse because it was putting pressure on my brain. There was a bubble in there that have burst, if it had - and it was close- it could have killed me
"As much as we hate cancelling shows, we had to", he adds. "Once the blood got pumping around my body when I was playing, anything could have happened."
Bryar spend just three days in hospital before checkjing himself out, against his doctor's wishes
"On the third day, I had to leave" Bryar reveals. "I was going mad there. But I feel fine now. We've got a couple of weeks off, so I'm going to take it easy"
"You know somone is giving everything, when he's prepared to die for the band," adds guitarist Ray Toro.
My Chemical Romance release the album 'The Black Parade' on October 23 via Warners.

The utra-ambitious new My Chemical Romance is almost here. Kerrang! counts down to 'The Black Parade'
You unveiled your new alter ego, 'The Black Parade', at a recent London show.
Gerard Way (Vocals): "It felt amazing. It's hard to put it into words, but it was a rock moment that I'd been waiting for my whole like. When we were standing behind that curtain, I was more nervous than I've ever been. I had the shakes. My whole life was leading up to that moment."

Whats's the concept?
"We're not trying to say, 'We're a new band now'. We're still My Chemical Romance. It's just a total theatre, bringing that pageantry back to the rock. That cinematic element. I just felt like The Black Parade had more to say at this point than My Chemical Romance. The band name seemed like a big statement about the world in general. It conjures up a lot of images - about was, lots of things."

The new album is a real departure. Do you think fans will 'get it'?
"I hope so. The Black Parade is such a personal thing, you become hypersensitive to emotions and energy when you put yourself out like that, This is a very epic record. Very theatrical, with a lot of mature themes. We want to give people time for it to soak in. There's an instand response to it - but there's another level that might take a while to digest. I'm just so proud of everbody in the band for having the vision."

The Black Parade: Track by Track

'The End'
A bleeping heart monitor signals the start of, er, 'The End' as My Chemical Romance reveal a striking new musical direction for their third album. If the acoustic intro sounds like a marked departure, then it's nothing compared to the chorus, which explodes into an epic swell of Queen-sized rock bombast. Astonishing, unexpected and daring.
Key Lyric: Now come one, come all to this tragic affair'

'Dead'
The monitor flatlines as the appropriately titled 'Dead' packs manic solo-ing, jerky riffs and an unruly horn section into an instantly addictive poppy riot. There's even a hint of Blur with the singalong 'la-la-la-la' finale, although you imagine Damon Albarn's take on the afterlife would never be this much barbed fun.
Key Lyric: 'I know I never had much chance to say/I think I never like you anyway - you're dead!'

'This Is How I Disappear'
The Parade gets several shades blacker for this dark-hearted confessional that's one of the fastest moments on the album. Frentic guitars recall the turbulant, goth-punk theatre of their debut, building to a juddering crescendo for the tormented blast of the chorus. Anguished and anthemic.
Key Lyric: 'There's things that I have done, you should never, ever know'

'The Sharpest Lives'
A stabbing guitar riff hearlds the arrival of more demons, as some 'To The End'-style vocal harmonies and visceral lyrics build a claustrophobic momentum before the mega-rock chorus. ('Give me a shot to remember/And you can take all the pain away from me/A kiss and I will surrender/The sharpest lives are the deadliest to me')
Ker Lyric: 'There's a place in the dark where the animals go/You can take off your skin in the cannibal glow'

'Welcome To The Black Parade'
Electrifying title-track and album highlight that sees MCR pushing their sound into ever more epic dimensions with this spectacular call-to-arms that hurtles through a dizzying array of tempo shifts and grand instrumentation. Bold, brilliant and breathtaking.
Key Lyric: 'So paint it black and take it back and let's shout it loud and clear/Defiant to the end we hear the call'
Gerard Says: "At times we thought we'd gone too far. But sometimes when you think a song's too crazy, that's when it's great. It got to the point where if a song sounded perfect, too glossy, we ditched it."

'I Don't Love You'
Another dramatic departure that sees Gerard and co embracing some stadium-sized classic rock balladry, complete with the kind of guitar work seen when Slash was solo-ing on top of a cliff in Guns N'Roses 'November Rain' video.
Key Lyric: 'When you go, will you even turn to say/I don't love you, like I did yesterday'

'House Of Wolves'
Destined to become a live favourite. A cavernous drum intro sets the stage for this hi-octane floor-shaker that casts MCR as the house band in some 'From Dusk Till Dawn'-type hideaway, with their frontman as a demented master of ceremonies, preaching hellfire and redemption in deliciously sleazy style.
Key Lyric: 'Tell me I'm a bad, bad man'
Gerard Says: "Everything we always wanted to do in the band is coming through now. 'House Of Wolves' was a big deal for Mikey (Way, Bass) because it's a blues song, which he's always wanted to do. He had a big part in that song. On the album we all got the chance to play the songs of our dreams."

'Cancer'
A stark change in mood follows with this sombre, fragile number that sounds for all the world like a lost Britpop ballad, as a muted piano and string section frames the tragic lyrical theme. Haunting.
Key Lyric: 'Turn away, 'cos I'm awful just to see...I'm counting the days to go'

'Momma'
A slice of musical madness that pits Gerard's macabre letter from the trenches against an Eastern-European 'oompah' folk stomp. Then the helium-voiced '80s rock chorus takes over, which in turns gets ramraided by a doom, hysterical meltdown. Then there's the accordion-fed outro feautring vocals by cabaret queen Liza Minelli. Well, obviously.
Key Lyric: 'Moma, we're all full of lies/Moma, we're meant for the flies/And right now they're building a coffin your size'
Gerard Says: "Getting Liza Minelli was a big thing to us, something we always wanted to do. That's how this record was for us - nothing was taboo. Like taking a Russian polka feel and turning it into a rock song. It challenges you to dig deep inside yourself."

'Sleep'
Originally intended as the last track on 'The Black Parade', but moved further up the bill, to avoid ending the record on a downer, 'Sleep' paints it none more black, adding keyboards to the mix to create a sense storm of metallic rancour reminiscent of Faith No More. This brutal track remains one of most powerful moments on the album,
Key Lyric: 'Through it all/How could you cry for me?/Cuz I don't feel for anything'

'Teenagers'
Further evidence of MCR's Anglophilia as they pay homage to the glam buster '70s heroes T-Rex for this commentary on the prevalence of violence in youth culture.
Key Lyric: 'Teenagers scare the living shit out of me'
Gerard Says: "It's about the sence of alienation I felt when we came off tour. I was riding the train to practise, watching teenagers, and I felt very old for the first time. I didn't know if I could relate to the kids who were listening to us. I got real paranoid"

'Disenchanted'
Sweeping, arena-rock ballad that sees the band putting further distance between themselves and their emo peers. A symphonic wall of melancholy.
Key Lyric: 'I spet my high school career spilt on and shoved to agree/So I could watch all my heroes sell a car on TV'

'Famous Last Words'
Bouyed along by glorious harmonies and driving riffs, 'Famous Last Words' shakes off the gloom as a definat chorus refrain turns this into a bruising empowerment anthem.
Key Lyric: I am not afraid to keep on living/I am not afraid to walk this world alone'
Gerard Says: "That's Ray's (Toro, Guitar) favourite song. The stuff we think is really weird, actually people seem to love. People are tired of safe music. People want to hear something new and dangerous. The safer a sgon is, the glossier, the less interested we are"

There's a mention about that Daily Mail Article as well, but there is only a short bit about MCR. If you want me to post it, let me know :]
johnny walker eyes.
Demolition Lover
johnny walker eyes.
September 13th, 2006 at 07:16am

Wow! Thank you for posting this!
I'mNoToKaY
Jazz Hands
I'mNoToKaY
September 13th, 2006 at 07:21am
wow!!!!!!1thanks a lot!!!!
Chemical_Romance
Salute You in Your Grave
Chemical_Romance
September 13th, 2006 at 08:56am
That's okayyyy

There's an article about MCR in NME which I will be buying tomorrow.
That will be posted on here on Friday evening [[UK time]]
Detention Boy.
Shotgun Sinner
Detention Boy.
September 13th, 2006 at 09:53am
OMG!!!! Shocked So. Awesome!!!

Now I really can't wait for the album to come out! I
Berylla
Motor Baby
Berylla
September 13th, 2006 at 10:00am
yay, thank you so much 0Smile
Chemical_Romance
Salute You in Your Grave
Chemical_Romance
September 13th, 2006 at 10:31am
Tis okay Berylla
xCadetxRubyx
Jazz Hands
xCadetxRubyx
September 13th, 2006 at 10:36am
is that the kerrang thats only just come out today yeah?
Chemical_Romance
Salute You in Your Grave
Chemical_Romance
September 13th, 2006 at 10:51am
Yep
Not__Me
Fabulous Killjoy
Not__Me
September 13th, 2006 at 10:59am
wow thanks alot!! its great!
Does anyone have scans?
Chemical_Romance
Salute You in Your Grave
Chemical_Romance
September 13th, 2006 at 11:10am
I'll scan them tonight for you
Detention Boy.
Shotgun Sinner
Detention Boy.
September 13th, 2006 at 11:29am
oh yeah.....i love you now...
Chemical_Romance
Salute You in Your Grave
Chemical_Romance
September 13th, 2006 at 11:31am
Yay! I'm loveeeed! <3
The picture of MCR in Kerrang is amazing <3
Bess is Yoda
In The Murder Scene
Bess is Yoda
September 13th, 2006 at 11:46am
I squealed when I saw the picture in Kerrang!! They look amazing. I'm so excited about next weeks edition because it says it gives the whole incredible story about The Black Parade...bring it on!
Chemical_Romance
Salute You in Your Grave
Chemical_Romance
September 13th, 2006 at 11:51am
I knowwwwwwwwwww
I saw it and fell in love with them all over again
I was like 'OMG I SO TOUCHED THOSE HANDS!' and My Mum just looked at me and told me to shut up...LOL
wind opaine.
Patron Saint of Switchblade Fights
wind opaine.
September 13th, 2006 at 12:31pm
Hell yeah bitches.
=)
Berylla
Motor Baby
Berylla
September 13th, 2006 at 01:02pm
muha! ^
ooh, scan would be great