Don't have an account? Create one!

Things to do in Aus.

AuthorMessage
hellox
Killjoy
hellox
March 8th, 2007 at 02:58am
I usually get drunk to forget im bored xD
umm, my town has nothing to do in it at all.
Except go to the pool, which has too many physcos and its feral anyway. So ya, theres nothing to do >.<
Jessms
Killjoy
Jessms
March 23rd, 2007 at 01:11am
Our daily pattern in the downunder country is sleep, eat and get pissed and repeat that untill u die. In the meantime get a boyfriend, get married have a kid that loves bombs, get him to do experiments in the bathroom make him deaf in one ear and inspire him to be a bomb technition or watever it is. LOL!
Also buy a house and get a job whils still repeating the SEGP (sleep, eat and get pissed).

P.S. get ur kidneys check reguarly. its vital.
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
April 10th, 2007 at 07:22pm
dieontuesday:
im from melbourne...or really close to it.

i usually bum around the city or go to some random cinema with the losers i call my friends. the funniest thing is that everyone makes fun of the emos at flinders street...heh, i KNOW most of the emos at flinders street. and they're the only emos that will beat you up if you call them an emo. fun times.

ahahah well they're not what you call the 'stereotypical' emos. Maybe they're not at all.

Me...sydney...well at the age of 19 we don't get much time to hang around, except if you're the type to go clubbing which I'm not. Pubs? Unfortunately I don't know of anyone who likes pubs with live gigs...I mean how demented is it to go to a pub just for drinks and pool tables?! yeh so I'm not going to walk into places like the Metro theatre by myself.

otherwise, the occassional restaurant, cafe...shopping at Paddy's, vintage shops, Utopia. The general rule is stay home and give your life to uni assessments or live on MSN. How sad Neutral
bickiboo
Killjoy
bickiboo
April 12th, 2007 at 01:58am
I just went on holidays to broardbeach in queensland and I went to draculas cabaret resturant and to my surprise they played two my chemical romance songs, blood and mama. It was an amazing night probably the highlight of my holiday. I suggest anyone in the brisbane/coast area goes and checks out the "fangs and fetish" show. Shows change every so often weeks, so be quick.
You can book ahead or buy from the venue box office.
http://www.draculas.com.au/goldcoast_queensland/index.asp
fault lines.
Awake and Unafraid
fault lines.
April 13th, 2007 at 05:30am
i like going 2 the gold coast every few years, but centerpoint is pretty kool, and toronga zoo(im a HUGE nerd, i know)but the wharf is kool 2 i sometimes do drama coures there
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
April 16th, 2007 at 02:43am
aaaaaha that's very nice of you to visit those Taronga Zoo animals!

hey. Sydney people, has anyone heard of Liquid Buzz or Club Blink at Agincourt hotel near UTS? They DJ MCR, AFI, Muse, Greenday and all those bands...just wondering what the crowd is like, since you usually don't DJ that sort of music (not MCR anyway)
Marki
Joining The Black Parade
Marki
April 16th, 2007 at 07:15am
airwave parade:
aaaaaha that's very nice of you to visit those Taronga Zoo animals!

hey. Sydney people, has anyone heard of Liquid Buzz or Club Blink at Agincourt hotel near UTS? They DJ MCR, AFI, Muse, Greenday and all those bands...just wondering what the crowd is like, since you usually don't DJ that sort of music (not MCR anyway)

ive heard of it and seen it but haven't been there ..who knew that places actually dj that stuff . it sounds cool
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
April 16th, 2007 at 06:46pm
exactly...i keep seeing their ads everywhere like in Drum Media and everytime they've got cool stuff on...last week was Silverchair. It'll be funny to see how you can dance to songs with lyrics like "just sleeeeep"...or "hip hip hooray for me, you talk to me, would you kill me in my sleep"...or even worse..."cancer"!
fault lines.
Awake and Unafraid
fault lines.
April 27th, 2007 at 06:05am
i havn't heard of either but thats probably cause im 12 and don't go 2 the city or go clubbing
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
June 3rd, 2007 at 02:53am
melbourners! please give me some advice...
what's hot in melbourne (city)?
i'm going down with a friend for a few days...
what's a good hangout part of the city? like opshops, music, comic book shop?, cafe, street art (i heard melbourne's the graffiti captial?)...& whatever you guys can recommend?
elliephant
Bleeding on the Floor
elliephant
June 3rd, 2007 at 02:59am
Ummmmm.
Well, in terms of cafes as places to hang out you can't go wrong on Lygon Street, or Degraves Street.
Degraves Street is just off Flinders, so its easy as to find. And you can get a tram to Lygon from right outside Flinders Street station.
In terms of nightlife hangouts, I guess you could hit the clubs or whatnot, but continuing my obsession with Lygon, try the Comfy Chair, I think its 98 Lygon Street, seriously awesome place, good food, good couches, video game tables and board games behind the bar.
I can't think of anywhere else specific, I tend to just wander randomly.

Edit: Ohhh, and theres usually some kinda of free stuff going down at Fed Square. Or you can just sit there and try and decide whether its hideous or awesome.
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
June 3rd, 2007 at 03:15am
i googled the comfy chair- that place is wacky! kewl, i'll tell my friend about that...clubs are unlikely- neither of us are the clubbing types. actually we don't go to pubs either ie: we have no life (except she's been to a gay bar underaged & i've stood in a pub for 10mins) but we may go and get one in melbourne ahah!

oooh freebies are good...asians like freebies lol.
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
June 3rd, 2007 at 03:21am
and ellie, what about op shops? i heard there's an entire street of them...we're both fetishes for op shopping & she'll come home with like 10 leather bags.

and live music venues? like indie gigs?
Frankie-Oreo
Salute You in Your Grave
Frankie-Oreo
June 3rd, 2007 at 06:22am
bickiboo:
I just went on holidays to broardbeach in queensland and I went to draculas cabaret resturant and to my surprise they played two my chemical romance songs, blood and mama. It was an amazing night probably the highlight of my holiday. I suggest anyone in the brisbane/coast area goes and checks out the "fangs and fetish" show. Shows change every so often weeks, so be quick.
You can book ahead or buy from the venue box office.
http://www.draculas.com.au/goldcoast_queensland/index.asp
yeah they always play my chem
sookeh.
Crash Queen
sookeh.
June 3rd, 2007 at 08:42am
i normally go to local gigs to stop myself going INSANE with bordem... i live in canberra... so there normally isn't that much on... but the los capitanes are awsome, if they come near you go see see them!!! SO much fun
elliephant
Bleeding on the Floor
elliephant
June 3rd, 2007 at 09:44am
live music venues...uhhh, I don't tend to go out on impulse, living fairly far from the city, but the Corner Hotel is fairly awesome, it tends to be easy to get tickets to gigs there. And if you want new music, The Barleycorn hotel is pretty much the place for new bands to play gigs.
Op shops, I don't know where the entire street of them is, but dang I want to find out. Bridge Road in Richmond (like 500m walk from Jolimont train station) is awesome. Theres also Retrostar, which is the best freaking op/vintage shop ever. Thats near Subway on Swanston Street.
the original JULES
Demolition Lover
the original JULES
June 4th, 2007 at 03:41am
RUNDLE STREET, FTW.
Yeah, I hang out in the mall. Mainly down sidestreets off Rundle Street, but basically whatever.
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
June 4th, 2007 at 04:00am

I seem to be frequenting The Ori & Tris Elies.
Mainly because they are the only good places in the Blue Mountains XD

But Luna Park is so much fun. I’ve been craving going there for a few months now XD
Sydney Luna Park > the Melboune one.

And this is really odd, but I’ve also been craving a trip to Tasmania o.0
I went there with my friends like, 3 years ago, and it was surprisingly fun.
Even though they are dumbarses and closed the Cadbury factory for the easter break XDDDD
elliephant
Bleeding on the Floor
elliephant
June 4th, 2007 at 09:28am
haha, everything > the melbourne luna park. maybe coming from England which like Victoria is seriously tiny, but has quite a few awesome theme parks, my expectations might have been too high when going to Luna Park. But just cause the rollercoaster is historic, does not mean they couldnt pad out the seats a little. its supposed to be fun not freaking painful.

My friend is living up in the blue mountains for uni. I get her back soon Smile
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
June 5th, 2007 at 06:59am
i never thought of luna park as a hangout. but yeh i should do that more since it doesn't cost to walk in. Oh YEAH i forgot melbourne has one too! fantastic-O! that'll keep up happy there- we were debating at first whether queensland or victoria for our trip cuz qld has theme parks...& melb is cold but has cool shopping.

...rundle street...is that melbourne?