Don't have an account? Create one!

Smashing Pumpkins

AuthorMessage
maryaxe
Joining The Black Parade
maryaxe
September 29th, 2008 at 11:32pm
The studio version of G.L.O.W. debuted on Q101 in Chicago today.

mod edit
Fatal Madonna.
Shotgun Sinner
Fatal Madonna.
September 30th, 2008 at 09:41am
I'm the same, I have a Pumpkins blog on my myspace.

I'm in school so I don't have a direct link but I'll change it when I get home.

Angie, are you a concert photographer? /random
maryaxe
Joining The Black Parade
maryaxe
October 4th, 2008 at 05:28pm
Ticketmaster is such a bunch of douchebags.

The prices they advertised for the 2-day passes in New York were completely wrong. I had even called them to double check because it seemed too low. The guy said they were right.

Imagine my surprise when the tickets I thought were $59 were in reality $118. I could even touch the seats we really wanted which were $178 for EACH pass! The only ones that came up anyway were up in the balcony. I bought them but I am so ridiculously annoyed.
Fatal Madonna.
Shotgun Sinner
Fatal Madonna.
October 8th, 2008 at 04:13pm
oh jesus, what's utter tools.
you should report them, f'realz.
maryaxe
Joining The Black Parade
maryaxe
October 13th, 2008 at 11:31pm
They are tools, but they are trying to say that it was $53 per night....which was still incorrectly advertised. morons.

So, there is now a website for the documentary If All Goes Wrong. It has an awesome trailer and dates listed for theatre showings of it. There is also an amazing clip of Starla from it on Entertainment Weekly's website.

And to answer your questions from before, I am not a concert photographer though I so wish I was. That is my dream job.
Fatal Madonna.
Shotgun Sinner
Fatal Madonna.
October 14th, 2008 at 04:01pm
mine too Tehe
I'm working on it right now...

everytime I go to watch the trailers they won't buffer.
I hate my interent Disgust
HintFEAR08
Killjoy
HintFEAR08
October 14th, 2008 at 06:28pm
A New Hope:
That's creepy how Gerard and Billy look alike.
I don't know alot of songs but my favorite song would have to be Bullet With Butterfly Wings.

Yeah, i guess they do. I really never thought about it before. Smile hehe
Fatal Madonna.
Shotgun Sinner
Fatal Madonna.
October 18th, 2008 at 03:16pm
[watch the triple posting]
wasted youth.
Demolition Lover
wasted youth.
October 18th, 2008 at 11:40pm
i booked tickets to a showing of if all goes wrong today.
so excited!
maryaxe
Joining The Black Parade
maryaxe
October 19th, 2008 at 12:25pm
I bought my tickets yesterday! I'm so excitied as well. We're going to the midnight showing after the first New York show. We won't go to sleep until 5am...if we're lucky!

Anyway, the Pumpkins are performing G.L.O.W. at the Spike Scream Awards 2008 on October 21st. I'm not posting a link to the website because there are already details and photos from it. However, I thought this photo was post worthy

Very Happy
maryaxe
Joining The Black Parade
maryaxe
October 19th, 2008 at 12:26pm
Oh yeah, if you're curious, the first reviews of If All Goes Wrong from the Ghent Film Festival came out. Some of them have been posted on Hipsters United

and if anyone still needs it, I finally got to uploading
It's in a format called FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec). It sounds better than mp3's. You can get plug ins for winamp right from their website. I believe iTunes will automatically play it for you.

mod edit
Fatal Madonna.
Shotgun Sinner
Fatal Madonna.
October 19th, 2008 at 02:41pm
all the Corgan-ites on Rumours thread were freaking the shit out about that picture lmfao
maryaxe
Joining The Black Parade
maryaxe
October 24th, 2008 at 11:04am
Though she's not a Pumpkins anymore, still pretty interesting to all of us.

I went to a joint gallery opening last night for works by Melissa Auf der Maur and Conrad Keely (...And You Will Know Us By The Trail of The Dead)
It was great, I liked Melissa's photography, but Conrad's drawings were absolutely amazing.

Anyway, MAdM is doing her first show in 3 years on November 1st in Montreal, she said she may be doing some shows state-side in 2009. She also has a new album coming out within the next year.
wasted youth.
Demolition Lover
wasted youth.
October 24th, 2008 at 04:19pm
i love melissa!
Fatal Madonna.
Shotgun Sinner
Fatal Madonna.
October 25th, 2008 at 04:04pm
She'll always be part of the Pumpkins like, even though she was there a short time and stuff.

you don't happen to have a link to her work do you?
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
October 25th, 2008 at 09:27pm
I'm all for sharing G.L.O.W. but I had to edit the DL links out. We're not supposed to have that stuff up on here because the site can get in serious trouble for it. Or else I would have shared the song as well. I have it from the official promo CD [I think?] in 320 kbps mp3. Sorry guys. =/

As for the song, it's not as good as the older stuff, but it's good for the mainstream and catchy enough, which is what it was intended for. I like that they used Ginger in the backgrounds most of the time and not like the 5,000 Billy voices in Zeitgeist.

/butts out again.
maryaxe
Joining The Black Parade
maryaxe
October 26th, 2008 at 12:45am
Fatal Madonna.:
She'll always be part of the Pumpkins like, even though she was there a short time and stuff.

you don't happen to have a link to her work do you?

You can check out the trailer for the film and some parts of the comic book on MAdM
Some of the music to be featured in the film and on her new rock album are used throughout the site, so visit it with your volume up.

Billy doesn't seem to have much of an issue with us passing things around these days *shrug* He knows that without a label, it's going to be harder for a lot of people to get good quality versions of songs. eh, whatever.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
October 26th, 2008 at 12:26pm
maryaxe:
Billy doesn't seem to have much of an issue with us passing things around these days *shrug* He knows that without a label, it's going to be harder for a lot of people to get good quality versions of songs. eh, whatever.
It's not my fault. It's what Dujo wants. =/

I sent it to Naomi in the Rumors thread a few weeks ago and it got taken out of my post by Tallulah because it's all ~wew copyrighted.
Fatal Madonna.
Shotgun Sinner
Fatal Madonna.
October 26th, 2008 at 04:54pm
gnihsams snikpmup.:
It's not my fault. It's what Dujo wants. =/

I sent it to Naomi in the Rumors thread a few weeks ago and it got taken out of my post by Tallulah because it's all ~wew copyrighted.

Lulah quoted you into a pm for me Smiley
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
October 26th, 2008 at 05:22pm
Fatal Madonna.:
Lulah quoted you into a pm for me Smiley
Haha, I asked her to because I was leaving for work at the time she took it out and stuff and I couldn't find the link I had posted and I had sent it to her too so she just sent it.