Shotgun Sinner
Fatal Madonna.
October 27th, 2008 at 07:21am
yayyy I love you and Lulah, Lyc hug
maryaxe
Joining The Black Parade
maryaxe
October 28th, 2008 at 12:08am
so the Official SP site got a revamp this weekend. And might I say, it's pretty awesome. You should go check it out.

Also over the weekend at the Guitar Hero launch party in LA, they debuted two new songs! As Rome Burns and Sounds of Silence, you can check them out at Hipsters United. As Rome Burns is SO awesome. Sounds of Silence leaves a little to be desired.
Fatal Madonna.
Shotgun Sinner
Fatal Madonna.
October 28th, 2008 at 12:17pm
I am reading the As Rome Burns lyrics...and as I do MY NIXON TSHIRT COMES UP AT THE SIDE! I love that t-shirt Smiley

I'm loving the chorus I'm thinking it is...as I've yet to listen to it.

the new layout and all on the website is very good though, kudos to the designer, I'm loving the masks.
maryaxe
Joining The Black Parade
maryaxe
October 28th, 2008 at 11:15pm
Okay, I made a mistake on which are the new songs. Sound of Silence is apparently a Simon and Garfunkle cover. The other new songs they played were Owata and A Song for a Son
kaitlyn.
Demolition Lover
kaitlyn.
November 6th, 2008 at 03:34pm
off topic but i saw the smashing upmpkins in toronto on the 4th Very Happy
seriously, it was soooooo good, billy was the one to tell the audience that obama was the new president xD
Fatal Madonna.
Shotgun Sinner
Fatal Madonna.
November 6th, 2008 at 03:38pm
I want Billy to tell me who the new president is Cry

lmfao
kaitlyn.
Demolition Lover
kaitlyn.
November 6th, 2008 at 08:03pm
lol
yeah it was funny, but some guy in the audience yelled out "BILLY FOR PRESIDENT!!"
and he's like "yaaaaa......i wouldnt be that good as president xD"
but my favourite part was when me and these girls yelled out "BILLY WE LOVE YOU!"
Billy: Baby we'll talk about that later...."
XD
Fatal Madonna.
Shotgun Sinner
Fatal Madonna.
November 7th, 2008 at 02:33pm
Billy would be a good president, although highly controversial Smiley

awhh, that's cool.
better than at my show when this 40 year old almost flashed him and proposed...it was cringeworthy...
AdamLambert
Really Not Okay
AdamLambert
November 8th, 2008 at 03:37pm
haha thats naasty. I hope they come to New Zealand >_<
maryaxe
Joining The Black Parade
maryaxe
November 16th, 2008 at 11:15pm
so I totally didn't drop off the face of the earth. Rather I spent the last week going to 5 SP shows.

So good, SO good.
I got lots of cool stuff, took lots of cool pictures and got to have some neat conversation with the man himself.
Fatal Madonna.
Shotgun Sinner
Fatal Madonna.
November 17th, 2008 at 02:37pm
so what's new with the Corgan then, Angie? Smiley
maryaxe
Joining The Black Parade
maryaxe
March 21st, 2009 at 02:19am
okay, so I like died there for a while. I got so super busy with work, I sort of forgot Embarassed

In any case, there is huge news.....and it's not good.

Jimmy is leaving the band. The exact reason why is unclear, as all the public statements have been completely lacking information. I know a little, but can't say because it's not public knowledge.

Jimmy is going to continue work with the Jimmy Chamberlin Complex and plans to tour. He told me this back in November, but at the time, it was assumed to be a side project while SP took a break from touring and recording.

I don't know what to think, I don't know how to feel. But I am sure that I am angry at Billy that he insists on carrying on as The Smashing Pumpkins going forward. I feel like he is sacrificing the integrity of the band to suite his own ego.
I am also slightly tipsy and that may be fueling that feeling lol.
Fatal Madonna.
Shotgun Sinner
Fatal Madonna.
March 21st, 2009 at 02:41pm
Jimmy's leaving?! FUCK NO.
the band shouldn't go on then. No, I'm sorry, it'll be like fucking Guns n Roses all over again.

that's really bummed me out. especially after seeing the video of Billy in congress the other day.

I love the other band members, don't get me wrong, after seeing 'If All Goes Wrong' I love them to death, but, it's Jimmy!
nooo.

anyone seen Iha's new project 'Tinted Windows'?
it's positively tilting on the edge of so bad it's good, and so bad it's wrong.
maryaxe
Joining The Black Parade
maryaxe
March 22nd, 2009 at 12:02am
Okay so today I'm not drunk and have thought about this a little more lol. I needed to drown my sorrow last night.

If things went down the way I think they did, the whole thing is really fucked up. I figured that for Jimmy to leave, it must have been some serious falling out with Billy. Because I cannot see Jimmy leaving because one day he woke up and was like yep, I don't wanna be in the Smashing Pumpkins anymore.

But at the same time, I have a hard time thinking that Billy and Jimmy disagreed on something THAT strongly that leaving was the only option.

If he was leaving because he wanted to spend more time with his family and watching his kids grow up, why wouldn't they just say that? And if it was health related, I'm sure that also would have been stated.

The whole thing leaves me with more questions than it gives me answers.

At the same time, I am still very upset with Billy over choosing to just carry on as SP. I don't want it to be like fucking NIN where Reznor does everything and then has hired guns. That's stupid and I don't know that I would be able to support it.

I also feel sorry for Billy at the same time. It must be difficult for him to know he has to move on musically without the person he has said is his "musical soulmate" and his best friend. It makes me wonder how he'll cope knowing this time Jimmy left by his own choice; not over some horrible incident.
It makes me wonder what direction this is going to go in. How the recording and touring will work. This could be a disaster if Billy doesn't play his cards just right.
The thing that worries me about it is that Billy tends to be unconcerned with what everyone else likes. which is great...to a point. But when people begin to feel like their support is unimportant, they turn away. And I already see people turning away. Because he is apparently already unconcerned that we feel this is not right.

I don't know. I still feel weird, undecided and greatly saddened by the whole thing. I feel like my band is gone forever and in a way I find this more devastating than when they broke up in 2000. Because back then I always knew deep down they would get back together. I hold no hope of it ever coming back together to any semblance of what it was before.
It's so easy to blame Billy, because he typically is at the center of any issues. But I'm trying not to jump all over him because no one has any clue what really transpired.

Neutral *sigh*
maryaxe
Joining The Black Parade
maryaxe
March 22nd, 2009 at 12:03am
Oh and Tinted Windows? I can't.

They're so bad. SO bad. Stupid cheesy pop songs that don't even make sense. James....you disapppoint me.
Fatal Madonna.
Shotgun Sinner
Fatal Madonna.
March 22nd, 2009 at 11:45am
hug Angie, it's okay. it'll be hard on so many people/
I've kind of expected this to happen though. Ever since Billy made Pumpkins more of a singles band, it seemed to go that way.
Now that there's one original member left, there just seems like no point in being a fan anymore because it's more like a Billy Corgan bandwagon, and, even though I love the dude, I just couldn't justify supporting that.

I concur, I found some YouTube video's and all I could think was WTF?!
also, Fountains of Wayne are involved...I think I just threw up in my own mouth a little.
maryaxe
Joining The Black Parade
maryaxe
March 24th, 2009 at 10:20pm
Jimmy responded today to what has been going on:

By now you have heard the news of my departure from the Smashing Pumpkins. I will say, without going into any unnecessary details that this represents a positive move forward for me. I can no longer commit all of my energy into something that I don’t fully possess. I won’t pretend I’m into something I’m not. I won’t do it to myself, you the fan, or my former partner. I can’t just, “Cash the check” so to speak. Music is my life. It is sacred. It deserves the highest commitment at every level and the Pumpkins are certainly no different. I’m sorry but it really IS that simple. There is no drama, bad blood, or anything else but a full commitment to music. My best goes out to Billy and I’m glad he has chosen to continue under the name. It is his right. I will continue to make music with the Jimmy Chamberlin Complex as well as pursuing other musical interests. I feel that I have a long way to go and a lot to give. Thanks to everyone for your kind words and support through all of this. I am constantly humbled by all of you! It is an honor and a privilege to play music for a living and I don’t take it for granted not even for a second.

Stay tuned……. JC

this is all still too weird for me.
Fatal Madonna.
Shotgun Sinner
Fatal Madonna.
March 25th, 2009 at 04:28pm
I kind of feel a little ill....
he's said everything's kosher but it doesn't sit right with me...
Harlequinn
Salute You in Your Grave
Harlequinn
March 26th, 2009 at 12:34am
My dad saw them in concert 3 times back in the 90s, jerk.
ShatteringFast
Killjoy
ShatteringFast
June 12th, 2011 at 07:31pm
*bump* Mr. Green

Dunno how 'in the loop' you guys have been since Jimmy's departure. Billy hired a new drummer named Mike Byrne, bassist named Nicole Fiorentino (from Veruca Salt), and held on to Jeff. He commenced his new album/project entitled 'Teargarden by Kaleidyscope' in December of 2009, starting with the release of 'A Song For A Son'. 44 song concept record based around the tarot. One song at a time, for free online.

He subsequently released 3 more songs before putting them out on a limited edition EP boxset, 'Songs For A Sailor.' Then, he followed that up with 4 more songs before slapping out another boxset, 'The Solstice Bare.'

The first EP was pretty lackluster, and though the second one was better, it lacked flow.

Two more songs trickled out through May 2011, entitled 'Owata' and 'Lightning Strikes.' These tracks marked the return of the full-band recording in-studio, something severely lacking since the reformation. These songs also showcased more emotional vocal performances from Mr. Corgan...something that dreadfully weighed down 'Zeitgeist.'

Billy has realized that the previous one song-at-a-time method wasn't working, so against his own ideals, he has decided to release another full-length all at once. His hopes are that the songs will be more cohesive than the first.

The release is called 'Oceania', and Billy has listed the tentative tracklisting on Twitter.

This release is being hyped up by the SP fanbase to potentially be the best material the man has put forth since 'Machina/the machines of god' in 2000. To see why:

Billy's Post

Full band again. Currently recording. Drums are done. Nicole is finishing up on bass. Billy is breaking out the pedals once more, and he has tweeted that the guitar overdubs soon shall commence. The sound is defined as loud guitars and haze (wall of sound). Shoegaze, sounds awesome. All brand new songs no one has ever heard, save for 2.

Tracklisting:

'Pale Horse'
'Panopticon'
'The Chimera'
'Four Winds Chime'
'Glissandra'
'Inkless'
'My Love Is Winter' (played live on the band's summer/fall 2010 tour)
'Special K'
'Pinwheels'
'Oceania'
'Violet Rays'
'Quasar' (played at exclusive fan soundchecks on summer 2010 tour. only audio available)

Album is due on September 1st, with US and European tours to follow.