Don't have an account? Create one!

MCR and Magazines

AuthorMessage
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
February 18th, 2009 at 10:38am
knoxville.:
Way to use old pictures there, NME Rolling Eyes Well, at least he's not blonde in it. Psyched to read the article though.

Green Faerie:
This made me ell oh ell: "punk fiends MCR"
Gerard Arthur Way.
Demolition Lover
Gerard Arthur Way.
February 18th, 2009 at 10:44am
knoxville.:

Gerard is on the cover of NME magazine this week, it went on sale today.
Talking about The Umbrella Academy, how it's being made into a movie, the band, tour, new album, etc etc. Lots of different things.
I've yet to buy it, my friend told me and showed me it on webcam. Looks pretty sick. xD

This is the biggest picture I've been able to find.

http://aka-cdn-ns.adtech.de/apps/331/Ad2154315St3Sz2214Sq2339170V14Id1/gerardwaycover210209.jpg

Awesome.
I need to get that one as well.
MiDesfileNegro
Thinking Happy Thoughts
MiDesfileNegro
February 18th, 2009 at 12:30pm
I got the NME Very Happy

To add, Gerard's also mentioned on their "20 people you should follow on Twitter" piece. Along with a small bit on Mikey, saying he has a reputation as "the most-tortured of MCR's dark souls".

But then they mention the word emo Evil or Very Mad the last sentence is "It's a Frappuccino kinda world, emo." (referring to Gerard's coffee cup avatar.)
jared leto.
Awake and Unafraid
jared leto.
February 19th, 2009 at 04:14pm
Im not sure where I should put this, I guess here
But the Boozler [the official blog of the bamboozle] reviewed Leathermouth's new CD ,XO

Issue 12[Februrary.01.2009]
Leathermouth Review

Album: XO
Artist: Leathermouth
Release Date: January 27, 2009

Frank Iero. Rhythm guitarist for My Chemical Romance. You’d think after having a gig like that everything else would seem so pointless. After all, you won’t be achieving the My Chemical Romance status anytime soon with anything else. Frank wanted to do something a bit different than MCR, and while the rest of the band too some much needed R&R, he got busy working on Leathermouth.

If you don’t like MCR, I hold nothing against you. They just aren’t for everyone (actually, I wish more people would dislike them, so their shows wouldn’t be filled with “those fans” [You know the kind I’m talking about]). With that said, I urge you to listen to Leathermouth while keeping the name MCR as far away as possible.

Now that that’s been said, on to the review.

Leathermouth is an angry punk band. Its filled with raw power. It brings up the desire to smash things in an angry manner.

Like I said, an angry punk band.

Certainly not My Chemical Romance.

Now that can either be very appealing, or it’ll instantly turn off some listeners. It’s a fair enough to say that this isn’t for everyone. I personally enjoy this. I can’t say if I enjoy this more than MCR though. They are too different to make the comparisons necessary

What I liked:
The energy that came off of this record was just like hearing them live.

What I didn’t like:
It was a pretty sort album, running at 23 minutes for 10 tracks. I wanted a bit more.

Favorite Tracks:
Body Snatchers 4 Ever
I Am Going to Kill the President of the United States of America
This Song is About Being Attacked by Monsters

Overall, I’d give this album a 7.5/10. It was pretty solid, and was exactly like seeing them live.

Final verdict: I strongly encourage you to not only buy this album the day it comes out, but to go their CD release show at Vintage Vinyl in NJ on Tuesday January 27th. Hopefully I’ll see you there!
Incognito.
Bleeding on the Floor
Incognito.
February 20th, 2009 at 03:42am
NZ girls last month Creme or Girlfriend can't remember which had a bit about Gerard's first kiss XD
he was 15 in the back of a car that his friend was driving and she just started sticking her tongue down his throut (his words not mine Very Happy)
AdamLambert
Really Not Okay
AdamLambert
February 20th, 2009 at 06:16pm
Is that still on sale?
Incognito.
Bleeding on the Floor
Incognito.
February 20th, 2009 at 07:30pm
I dont know. My friend cut it out for me?
AdamLambert
Really Not Okay
AdamLambert
February 20th, 2009 at 11:57pm
okay then. Thats a funny story though x]
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
February 23rd, 2009 at 12:03pm
nvm
mein herz brennt
Jazz Hands
mein herz brennt
February 23rd, 2009 at 03:53pm
does anyone as the latest nme scans (recent issue)
Heart Attack.
Salute You in Your Grave
Heart Attack.
February 23rd, 2009 at 08:21pm
mein herz brennt:
yeah they're on mikeywayonline.net, sorry I would put up a link but my computer won't open the site for some reason. Anyways, does anyone know of any stores that actually sell nme these days? Both Barnes and Nobles and Borders said they dropped nme when I asked (sorry if this isn't the right place for that question)
MiDesfileNegro
Thinking Happy Thoughts
MiDesfileNegro
February 25th, 2009 at 09:09am
Found a tiny MCR reference in Kerrang this week. They've done these charts, like pie charts and bar graphs and things - humourous ones - depicting songs and that. There's an MCR pie chart - the whole thing is coloured red. And the key says "green - ok. Red - not o-fucking-kay" Very Happy
Sorry, that was poorly explained. I'll try and post a picture when I can.

EDIT: It's http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/vv58/MiDesfileNegro/DSC00233.jpg?t=1235587000 Can't get image tags to work! Evil or Very Mad Disgust
Incognito.
Bleeding on the Floor
Incognito.
February 28th, 2009 at 12:32am
I don't know if this is relavent but in the Otago Daily Times. local newpaper here in NZ.
a review of XO leathermouth was give n 1 and and basically said the only reason they'd ever be big was because of frank being in MCR and that he suck at singing and to be aware of this album. it was recomened for people who: want self inflicted harm!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! o.0
AdamLambert
Really Not Okay
AdamLambert
February 28th, 2009 at 05:51am
Incognito.:
I don't know if this is relavent but in the Otago Daily Times. local newpaper here in NZ.
a review of XO leathermouth was give n 1 and and basically said the only reason they'd ever be big was because of frank being in MCR and that he suck at singing and to be aware of this album. it was recomened for people who: want self inflicted harm!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! o.0

Typical Bloody New Zealanders!!
I like leathermouth and not just because of Frank Iero!

(im a nzer btw) x]
Incognito.
Bleeding on the Floor
Incognito.
February 28th, 2009 at 11:06pm
Handsome_Awkward:
Incognito.:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! o.0

(im a nzer btw) x]

Haha so am I. That damm ODT! I admit I found out about leathermouth THROUGH Frank but I dont like them BECAUSE of him!
AdamLambert
Really Not Okay
AdamLambert
February 28th, 2009 at 11:27pm
Incognito.:
Handsome_Awkward:
Incognito.:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! o.0

(im a nzer btw) x]

Haha so am I. That damm ODT! I admit I found out about leathermouth THROUGH Frank but I dont like them BECAUSE of him!

Hell Yeah!
It is true that they would be nowhere near as big without Frank because he did attract alot of fans but they are a good band none the less.
Disgust
We should write a letter of complaint Naughty
Incognito.
Bleeding on the Floor
Incognito.
March 1st, 2009 at 02:34am
Ironically I said I would write to the editor but it was be too hard with out sounding like a bit of a teenie tbh ( cause of my age etc) but i was so mad! i burnt the clipping!!!!!!!
Jenny.
Jenny.
March 1st, 2009 at 10:51am
Guys, watch the pyramid quotes please Wink
AdamLambert
Really Not Okay
AdamLambert
March 1st, 2009 at 01:53pm
I know what you mean. Isint it hard being 14 x]
MiDesfileNegro
Thinking Happy Thoughts
MiDesfileNegro
March 1st, 2009 at 04:20pm
an alright scene:
mein herz brennt:
yeah they're on mikeywayonline.net, sorry I would put up a link but my computer won't open the site for some reason. Anyways, does anyone know of any stores that actually sell nme these days? Both Barnes and Nobles and Borders said they dropped nme when I asked (sorry if this isn't the right place for that question)

If you're in the UK, HMV sell them Smile