Don't have an account? Create one!

MCR and Magazines

AuthorMessage
a touch of anarchy.
Shotgun Sinner
a touch of anarchy.
June 15th, 2009 at 01:19pm
WHERE?! All I got was the letter about Bandit!
Incognito.
Bleeding on the Floor
Incognito.
July 4th, 2009 at 07:46am
Stephanie Myer thanks My Chemical Romance in the acknowledgements of New Moon

/not a magazine, but still literature (;
Spirit of Jazz.
Motor Baby
Spirit of Jazz.
July 7th, 2009 at 10:33am
Bob is featured a few times in the Sabian cymbal catalog- he's using the same cymbals Neil Peart created (Sabian Paragon) and his picture is in it a few times.

yayyyyy for cymbals and bob!

you can kind of see part of Mikey in the picture... He's the little white blob. x]
MiDesfileNegro
Thinking Happy Thoughts
MiDesfileNegro
July 9th, 2009 at 05:52pm
Sorry I haven't put the MCR mentions up yet... I've been feeling really shit lately. I'll put it up when I can.
MiDesfileNegro
Thinking Happy Thoughts
MiDesfileNegro
August 23rd, 2009 at 03:24am
I'm so sorry guys! I've been really busy, things haven't been too good for me lately... In fact they're still not all that good now, but never mind. MCR have been in Kerrang loads since I last posted. I haven't got scans, but I'll type the articles up when I can :]
Last.Night.On.Earth
Bleeding on the Floor
Last.Night.On.Earth
August 24th, 2009 at 01:36pm
Might get a smack for doing this but seeing as you're busy I'll type it up?
Last.Night.On.Earth
Bleeding on the Floor
Last.Night.On.Earth
August 24th, 2009 at 01:49pm
LOOK WHO'S BACK
MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE PREVIEW NEW ALBUM TRACKS AT INTIMATE LA SHOWS.

My Chemical Romance took a break from recording the follow-up to their 2006 mega-selling album, The Black Parade, to play two intimate, fan club-only shows at The Roxy Theater in Los Angeles on July 31 and August 1.

Each night the band - whose last live outing was in May 2008 at New York's 17,000 capacity Madison Square Garden - treated 500 fans to set of MCR classics including Give 'Em Hell Kid, Helena, Welcome To The Black Parade and I'm Not Okay (I promise).

Kerrang! reader Heather McDaid was lucky enough to attend the first show and said the band delivered nothing less than a 5K performance.

"My friend Erica won two places on the guest list" she told Kerrang! "I flew out just for the show which is a little crazy, I admit!"
"I'm just really happy they're back" she added.

The Band used the opportunity to preview three new tracks - Kiss The Ring, The Drugs and Death Before Disco - from their as-yet-untitled forthcoming album which Heather described as "pretty different to what we've already heard from them"

Could this mean that MCR are opting for a more stripped-down and raw approach to their new record?
In a recent interview with US magazine Rolling Stone, frontman Gerard Way said the band's forth album won't feature any of the "bells and whistles" of its predecessor.

"The focus [for this album] has been on the melody and song writing" he explained, "If it doesn't work in a room with just the five of us, we aren't trying to make it work in the studio with effects and string sections"

We will, however, have to wait and see when follow-up to The Black Parade is released later this year.
MiDesfileNegro
Thinking Happy Thoughts
MiDesfileNegro
August 25th, 2009 at 04:37pm
Thanks for typing that up :]
Last.Night.On.Earth
Bleeding on the Floor
Last.Night.On.Earth
August 26th, 2009 at 01:10pm
No Problem!
chemicallybrunette
Killjoy
chemicallybrunette
September 17th, 2009 at 11:15am
Thanks for posting that article!
MiDesfileNegro
Thinking Happy Thoughts
MiDesfileNegro
September 21st, 2009 at 04:44am
Sorry everyone... I've had a lot going on. Long story short, I'm practically homeless and looking for somewhere to live. Once everything gets sorted, I will post what hasn't already been done. Sorry guys Sad
Gerard Way.
In the Cannibal Glow
Gerard Way.
November 13th, 2009 at 01:00pm
New: MCR in studio magazine scans:

Kerrang! # 1

Kerrang # 2

Rolling Stone
just sleep.
Jazz Hands
just sleep.
November 17th, 2009 at 03:30am
thank you so much for posting those links Smile
venganza girl
Fabulous Killjoy
venganza girl
November 17th, 2009 at 06:04pm
Thanks for posting the scans! I'm even more excited for the album now! Very Happy
AmazingCauseItIs10
Joining The Black Parade
AmazingCauseItIs10
November 19th, 2009 at 01:25pm
Guess what everyone??!! My Chem is on the cover of the new Alternative Press!!!!! =) check it out!! http://www.altpress.com
MCRftwChloe
Killjoy
MCRftwChloe
November 19th, 2009 at 05:13pm
Thank you guys sooo much.
Frnk iero.
Awake and Unafraid
Frnk iero.
November 20th, 2009 at 11:32am
AmazingCauseItIs10:
Guess what everyone??!! My Chem is on the cover of the new Alternative Press!!!!! =) check it out!! http://www.altpress.com

This is not the new issue. It is the January issue that they will be on.

Jeff Watson posted it on their offical site.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
November 20th, 2009 at 04:37pm
Michael Way.:

That is the next issue. Magazines typically release a magazine a month before the month on the title. So it'll be released this month, but it's really the January issue. I have December 2009's AP (with AFI on it), and I just got that 2 weeks ago. The last time they did the most anticipated albums and MCR was on it, that one came out in December.

=]
Frnk iero.
Awake and Unafraid
Frnk iero.
November 20th, 2009 at 07:03pm
lycia.:
Michael Way.:

That is the next issue. Magazines typically release a magazine a month before the month on the title. So it'll be released this month, but it's really the January issue. I have December 2009's AP (with AFI on it), and I just got that 2 weeks ago. The last time they did the most anticipated albums and MCR was on it, that one came out in December.

=]

Sorry. I don't keep track of AP anymore. =/
Last.Night.On.Earth
Bleeding on the Floor
Last.Night.On.Earth
November 23rd, 2009 at 03:40pm
Gerard looks like he's about to take life on his own private cover... sexy but scary... I like it.