Don't have an account? Create one!

Anarchy

AuthorMessage
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
March 17th, 2007 at 01:34am
HarlequinXRomance:

Also have you considered that governments have not always existed therefore who delt with drime before it became beaurocratic.. the people. the way crime is dealt with may not be the way u wud consider 'right;, but it wud be dealt with.

So basically i am not saying I believe anarchism will work. It is too utopian

Government as it is displayed today may not have existed
in the far past, but there has always been some kind of leadership,
from the ancient past and chiefs of tribes, to the Ceasar of Rome,
to the kings and queens of feudal times, and then the monarchy of england,
the Csar of Russia, etc.

Government is not required to rule, however, there have ALWAYS been
rules and "laws" in place, with punishments and consequences for those
who disobey them.

"The people" never dealt with crime, it is always the ones in power,
even if the people have a hand in the punishment, the decision and
order is still made by he who holds the power.

People have never been without a leader, save for very brief periods of time
when the current leader is overthrown or defeated, or the group is scattered
or displaced because of war. Even in these situations, people gravitate to
the ones who know what they are doing or are sure of their actions, and they
become the new leader/s.

BTW, I think that you used the wrong word in the last bit of your post.

A Utopia is an imagined perfect place or state of things, or paradise, perfection, "heaven"
(pulled from my dictionary)

Anarchy could never be described as Utopian.
heartache to sing
Bleeding on the Floor
heartache to sing
March 18th, 2007 at 03:48am
San_:
when people say Bush is a retard for example, don't vote on him. problem solved.

Ok, well I'm in Canada and I agree that Bush isn't the best/smartest president the US has had, but I still think he deserves respect.
billy99
Motor Baby
billy99
March 19th, 2007 at 09:59pm
Of course. Everyone deserves respect. It's better here in our country, cause you get to vote for your president. So if you don't like a certain president so much, you can stop voting for him.
bloodredruby69
Banned
bloodredruby69
March 20th, 2007 at 01:14am
heartache to sing:
San_:
when people say Bush is a retard for example, don't vote on him. problem solved.

Ok, well I'm in Canada and I agree that Bush isn't the best/smartest president the US has had, but I still think he deserves respect.

billy99:
Of course. Everyone deserves respect. It's better here in our country, cause you get to vote for your president. So if you don't like a certain president so much, you can stop voting for him.

Second warning.
Stay on topic or I'll have it locked.

If you want to talk about Bush, head to the Government thread.
Frankie-Oreo
Salute You in Your Grave
Frankie-Oreo
March 20th, 2007 at 09:46am
ooh zing!
sorry i had to

anyway religion si so messed up in my mind. we all ahve a god. i mean, we worship god, muslims worship allah...which is arabic(?) or whtever for god.

do i make sense?
Frankie-Oreo
Salute You in Your Grave
Frankie-Oreo
March 20th, 2007 at 09:47am
wait this is anarchy...sorry i thought i was still readint the religiomn one

*smacks head*
im such an idiot
Luffy
Joining The Black Parade
Luffy
April 14th, 2007 at 02:52pm
Yeah, you are. Very Happy

Anarchy brought about many revolutions. Clap

And so I'm against it. -.-
yoey962
Bleeding on the Floor
yoey962
April 15th, 2007 at 05:42am
i think that without a government to put alot of things in place for the country, the standard of livng would plumet.
to be honest, i don't think governments get alot of credit for what they do, because it takes an awful lot to run a country.
i mean could you imagine, in an anarchistic society, that people would willingly go to work in factories or offices in order to supply the population with food, or electricity, if the philosophy was that there was no leader to organise them or that they only had to do as much work as will satisfy them?
to be honest, if i think all types of ruling authority were abolished, we would go back to a primitive society, where we would be working just to survive, rather than to live.
not that i am against forms of anarchy totall. i am interested in the concept of Anarchist Communism, as it states that individuals would be able to create and own their own poccesions as well as working for society. however, i am interested in the theory . i am not saying it work work in practise
Blue_Demon
Motor Baby
Blue_Demon
April 17th, 2007 at 04:38am
No matter what way you look at it, Anarchy won't solve a damn thing; you could have a wee revolution and chop off someone's head and then you would have a whole heap of problems.
Granted I don't live in the US; but if something were to happen in the UK and the goverment was kicked out and dismantled and we didn't have anyone inforcing the laws of the land and informing people what to do and keeping the country running; we would be lost. A complete and utter shadow of our former selves.
I'm not fond of the Labour goverment we have at the moment; but when I compare our country to what we already have; free health care, free schooling, decent police force, fire services ect; and look at other places like the US who have to pay for their health service, I feel kinda lucky. (Total respect to the US people! Just an example.)
Anarchy isn't exacly going to work; and if it did then I would probably have my side of the country over run by neds.
mallowsex
Killjoy
mallowsex
April 18th, 2007 at 05:33pm
the problem with the worlds view on anarchism is that they believe that its all rawrawrwrw no government eff the system or the whole punk rock scene. They forget that its deeper than that the articles that I've read (i'm doing a research paper on anarchism) say that some anarchists are against technology and that we shouldn't use it in anyway the problem with that is that everything we use is technology with pencils and paper etc. Personally I like the views of anarchy, but I don't call myself an anarchist. My strictly agnostic which means I really don't care ( it also goes with religions)

edit: I mean everyone has a different idea of anarchy I mean Noam Chomsky and Howard Zinn have the same related views, but the culture today sees it more as a statement against their parents they forget that people acutally think it'll work. (Kinda like communism)

Anarchy is tricky.
ThinkxHappyxThoughts
Joining The Black Parade
ThinkxHappyxThoughts
April 20th, 2007 at 06:10pm
Personally? I think that here in the US, we need something big and anarchaic (but not violent) to bring them around to the fact that we're not just going to sit down and shut up...but the government could be a necessary evil...I'm split.
raggedy doctor
Shotgun Sinner
raggedy doctor
April 23rd, 2007 at 11:46am
i think, that as long as their is someone to lay down the law and to enforce the law (who isnt a total idiot), then anarchy would be quite fun.

its funny. everyone around me thinks im a perfect little angel who gets straight A's and has perfect attendance and is brilliant in school.

but inside im just waiting for an opportunity.
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
April 23rd, 2007 at 01:07pm
anarchy: an·ar·chy: 'a-n&r-kE, -"när- / noun /
1 a : absence of government b : a state of lawlessness or political disorder due to the absence of governmental authority c : a utopian society of individuals who enjoy complete freedom without government
2 a : absence or denial of any authority or established order b : absence of order : DISORDER
3 : ANARCHISM

You can't have anarchy if someone is laying down / enforcing the law, because anarchy is the absence of law.
Rock Steady
Salute You in Your Grave
Rock Steady
April 23rd, 2007 at 07:18pm
one of the reasons is fairly unatanable is the fact that within themselves they cant agree what they want society to be like, so its not a rational or united doctrine.
Rock Steady
Salute You in Your Grave
Rock Steady
April 23rd, 2007 at 07:20pm
and its up there somewhere but yes it can be described as utopian as itis looking for an ideal world that is very much unachievable.
and ill think u'll find their is a branch of utopian anarchists, im pretty sure we studied them in my class
MrRandomGuy
Fabulous Killjoy
MrRandomGuy
July 23rd, 2007 at 02:42pm
Anarchy never works because someone will always rise to power and take control.
dear matthew
Joining The Black Parade
dear matthew
July 23rd, 2007 at 03:00pm
i think you've all forgotten the US and many other countries were formed through anarchy. they established an official form of government in 1776 [i think]
but i think governments should respect anarchy because it gives a chance for people to express themselves as an idividual country and settle there own affairs. and then in the original country you have people who sympathize with their leader and everyones happy and theres no politcal shinanigans
musicmad93
Killjoy
musicmad93
October 26th, 2007 at 04:14pm
i am an anarchist as well i hate our government i australia they are fucking us up so bad and every little conformist going to supre or kmart are just supporting the corporate evil A.K.A the man
Rhys Webb
Awake and Unafraid
Rhys Webb
October 26th, 2007 at 09:36pm
i don't believe in government, but i am not going to go out killing people over it if they do something bad -- that is just being an extermiest.
there are ways that anarchy can be GOOD, but sadly you have the ones that will just wreck it for the rest of us, just like back in the 1920s.
Alecks.
Motor Baby
Alecks.
October 27th, 2007 at 08:17pm
I used to be an anarchist myself. Mostly because I was drowing myself in one side of the world and telling myself the other side wasn't good because marilyn manson didnt believe in it. Or I believed good was just evil under a mask. I thought they were liars and evil was the truth. I hated liars.
Violence seems to be taking over the world to some people. But it has been far worse before. I used to be part of Black Bloc. But when you look at it Anarchism can be compared to groups such as Klu Klaux Klan(sp).
I do believe even now that violence is sometimes the only answer.
But these are my thoughts. Im only 14. I have a lot to learn.