Don't have an account? Create one!

The Effect of Single Parenting on Children

AuthorMessage
Jeffree Star
Motor Baby
Jeffree Star
April 15th, 2007 at 12:19pm
Luffy:
I agree with silver. Even families are so stereotypical these days.

Not all families, in order to be functional, have to have a mom, dad, brother, sister.

My mom is raising me just fine. Smile

Very Happy Having a single mother doesn't mean she's a slut or some prostitute.
Having to be separated could sometimes be good. Say one of your parents who you're not with is an addict or an alchoholic. Your single mother or father is just doing what's best for you.
Jeffree Star
Motor Baby
Jeffree Star
Luffy:

Not all families, in order to be functional, have to have a mom, dad, brother, sister.

Having to be separated could sometimes be good. Say one of your parents who you're not with is an addict or an alchoholic. Your single mother or father is just doing what's best for you.
OMG im so sorry
I wasn't trying to spam I pressed it to much sorry
Jeffree Star
Motor Baby
Jeffree Star
Luffy:

Jeffree Star
Motor Baby
Jeffree Star
Luffy:

Luffy
Joining The Black Parade
Luffy
April 15th, 2007 at 12:22pm
For example, my mom's a psychiatrist.
Jeffree Star
Motor Baby
Jeffree Star
April 15th, 2007 at 12:23pm
Luffy:
For example, my mom's a psychiatrist.

See single parents can make it own their own just as well as both parents. Very Happy
raggedy doctor
Shotgun Sinner
raggedy doctor
April 23rd, 2007 at 11:53am
Oh God in my class there are some right ... well I'm not gonna say it cause profanity isnt allowed.
But seriously.
One ripped up a BIBLE. To prove that hes 'hard'
The boys without one parent in my class are the worst. Theyre the bullies.
The girls without one parent in my class are chavettes.

I'm very happy to know that there are some examples that single-parenting can have a better example. (but none in my class unfortunately)
Bear in mind, this is in MY class so may not apply to any of you who arent in my class!

It all depends. If there is a single- parent relationship, because the child or parent was in danger from the other parent, then thats just fine. Your taking the child and yourself to safety, where you can start again.

It depends on how you raise them, really.
stannis baratheon.
Salute You in Your Grave
stannis baratheon.
April 23rd, 2007 at 12:00pm
Gallons_Of_The_Stuff:
Oh God in my class there are some right ... well I'm not gonna say it cause profanity isnt allowed.
But seriously.
One ripped up a BIBLE.
The others are bullies or chavs.
Who think they're hard.
The boys without one parent are the worst.
The girls without one parent usually just turn out to be chavettes.

I'm very happy to know that there are some examples that single-parenting can have a better example. (but none in my class unfortunately)
Bear in mind, this is in MY class so may not apply to any of you who arent in my class!

I come from a single parent family. No, I'm not a "chavette". Yes, I have ripped up a bible before [but that was to make a point, and it's a long story]. I'm not a bully and I don't think I'm hard.

I would say that single parents can be just as good as having two parents - if not better. For example, it can make you closer to the one you've got.

In fact, the only bad thing is that I don't trust men at all [I live with my mum] and probably never will. But that's because I don't like (ooh, that's putting it mildly) my dad. In my mind, they're all the same.
raggedy doctor
Shotgun Sinner
raggedy doctor
May 16th, 2007 at 08:13am
^^ "it can make you closer to the one you've got"

thats a good point.
didnt think of that.
now that i re-read it and edited it, i realise i sounded like such a big-headed freak! Mad
I'm sorry
please forgive me Embarassed
RedRiot.
Salute You in Your Grave
RedRiot.
May 16th, 2007 at 01:35pm
I don't believe that been raised by one parents is a bad thing. Many assupmtions are made that if a guy was raised ber his mum he will be gay and that if a girl was raised by her dad she'd be butch.
I am in full support of single parents as there may be many reasons why they don't live with the father of the child.
I do believe that being raised by a single parents makes it easier for the child to connetc with the parent and be able to discuss many problems. I am being raised in the mum and dad family in one house, no brothers or sisters so I find it harder to tell one of my parents how I feel.

There is nothing wrong with being rasied by only one parent.
Xfriday_im_in_loveX
Killjoy
Xfriday_im_in_loveX
May 16th, 2007 at 09:52pm
i think it depends on the reason you're living in a one parent household
if one parent dies, then the effects are going to be different.
or if its divorce, that 2 different stories as well. my aunt and uncle got divorced and
have a great relationship now. my parents hate each other and the reasons for their divorce were EXTREMLY different. i have to live with my mom because my dad doesnt have a house and just got a job last week, and moms applying for welfare
the effects chnge based on the situation
alexander
Killjoy
alexander
May 18th, 2007 at 10:18am
My family blames the fact that my dad left on me being gay
alexander
Killjoy
alexander
May 18th, 2007 at 10:18am
My family blames the fact that my dad left on me being gay
EngoXDarkXLullabye
Killjoy
EngoXDarkXLullabye
May 18th, 2007 at 10:33am
Perfect topic for me i live with my mom.

First off you can't have a "good" "bad" parent like in a normal family. eg. in a normal family it goes as so..... Mom can i go out on friday. No you have to babysit. Dad can i go out on friday. Okay, but be resposable. Now in a single parent family it can go either way. Second the child tends to lose all behavurol(sorry about spelling) Skills so even if the parent says no the child will do anyways. Third when missing a parent the child will get how to put this "distanced" from peers at a young age. And finally the child as a teenager has more chances of being deepressed. This is all information I've gathered from personal experiense(sorry again) And witnessing the parenting skills of other single parents.
Careenin'
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Careenin'
May 21st, 2007 at 03:22am
my mums a single parent but also an alcoholic so that is really bad but i guess its better then being with my dad
Kaede
Bleeding on the Floor
Kaede
May 21st, 2007 at 07:18am
I live with my mom and my older brother. (He's not gay) Its perfectly fine if you have a single parent. My mom isn't an alcholic/or any problems with her. She just loves her children and support them no matter what. I didn't grow up hating the oppisite gender or have any problems apart from the strange moods I get that I inherited from my dad.
I think its just the way the parent(s) have raised their children that matters, not whether the parent is by themselves or with each other.
queenfreddiemercury
Bleeding on the Floor
queenfreddiemercury
May 22nd, 2007 at 02:50am
I was raised by my mom along with my brother and sister we turned out fine but my mom also had help from her parents we moved in with them when we found out that my dad was not going to do his end of the deal I have not seen him since I was 7 yrs old and I dont care to see him but I have been talking to his parents since May of last yr.
ilovegerardway2much
Jazz Hands
ilovegerardway2much
May 22nd, 2007 at 08:45pm
i definately think that if u have a singleparent its going2 impact your life. ur always gonna feel u need a father or a mother bcuz ur friends hav1. nd when ur single parent DOES re marry, its pretty sad for the child2 be with someone new.
fxmous-lxst-words
Joining The Black Parade
fxmous-lxst-words
May 25th, 2007 at 11:37am
i do think being raised by a single parent will affect you, but it can be in a positive way...but also i think the child could feel like they need a mother/father to be 'normal.'
Marina!
Shotgun Sinner
Marina!
August 2nd, 2007 at 01:47am
My mother brought up 4 of us on her own, only two of us are teens but neither ofus have taken drugs, only drink with permission, have never tried smoking and have never had underage sex.
But then again some people i know that were raised by a single parent do all of the above.
I don't think it's a matter of single parents or married/together parents, it's a matter of HOW they parent.
( i hope that was important enough to bring back to life >.< )