Don't have an account? Create one!

BLOOD

AuthorMessage
avianamity
Killjoy
avianamity
October 30th, 2006 at 01:49am
I don't know if any of you listen to Squirrel Nut Zippers, but this track definately has that same feel with the 20's 30's type cabaret style... I LOVE IT!!! haha I was in the car listening to it the day it came out and i saw it change to 14, i was so confused so i just kept seeking until it started... totally worth the 1.5 min silence. These guys are genius!!!!!
Megan Vegantoast
Bleeding on the Floor
Megan Vegantoast
October 30th, 2006 at 04:34pm
This song reminds me of crazy rabid fans that ask for more, more, and more from MCR.

EXPLANATION TIME!

"Well they encourage all complete cooperation,
Send you roses when they think you need to smile."

Talking about how we encourage the music and try to make them feel better

" can't control myself because I don't know how,
And they love me for it honestly, I'll be here for a while."

we love how Gerard is insane and he's saying he wont be here forever

"So give them blood, blood, gallons of the stuff!
Give them all that they can drink and it will never be enough.
So give them blood, blood, blood.
Grab a glass because there's going to be a flood!"

This is talking about how we demand blood and keep demanding more and more (blood here meaning music and artwork) Tehy give blood until we suck them dry and theres nothing left.

"A celebrated man amongst the gurneys.
They can fix me proper with a bit of luck.
The doctors and the nurses they adore me so,
But it's really quite alarming cause I'm such an awful fuck. (Oh thank you!)"

Talking about how the fans adore them but Gerard and the others know how they really aren't deserving for the amount of attention given to them,

"I gave you blood, blood, gallons of the stuff,
I gave you all that you can drink and it has never been enough.
I gave you blood, blood, blood,
I'm the kind of human wreckage that you love."

Once again about how we suck them dry of their creativity, but the last line means that they are fucked up but we love them anyways.
Naughtville
Bleeding on the Floor
Naughtville
October 30th, 2006 at 06:02pm
That's a very good explanation :}
glitter geek.
Shotgun Sinner
glitter geek.
October 31st, 2006 at 09:17am
i guess.....

THE SONG ROCKS!!

the first time i heard it was when i beat that game on their site.....

i beat it TWICE just to listen to it!

its hilarious..... i was listening to Blood and mom walked in the room and she asked what the hell i was listening to! i started laughing and she got confused....

BlOoD!!!! ( /// . ' ) im so weird.....
johnny walker eyes.
Demolition Lover
johnny walker eyes.
November 1st, 2006 at 12:08am

... this songs funny Laughing
And thank you megan for the explation <333!! your so smart Very Happy
Sianie! -IeroRoxSox-
Killjoy
Sianie! -IeroRoxSox-
November 1st, 2006 at 06:41am
Lmao I'm listening to it now. It freaks me out but I love it. Awwwwwwww, it's over *puts it on again*
A Sharp Life
Banned
A Sharp Life
November 2nd, 2006 at 08:27am
I liked your explanation of it, but i was wondering if anyone besides me noticed that every song has two meanings? Like Blood can be about how the fans suck Gerard dry, but in some ways it could also be about the patient being sucked dry in the hospital. It's a very dark song if you think about it that way...
Cassy Chaos
Salute You in Your Grave
Cassy Chaos
November 2nd, 2006 at 08:46am
thats a very good explination of the song and makes sense
madame angst
Salute You in Your Grave
madame angst
November 3rd, 2006 at 11:21am
Well, they did say that the album can have it's own meaning to everybody.
But those are very good explanations. I think it maybe how when they were making the record, they gave it their all [and suffered]...so maybe their singing to the actual cd. Laughing
A Sharp Life
Banned
A Sharp Life
November 3rd, 2006 at 06:28pm
Whatever the meaning of the song is to you or Gerard or me at least we all can agree it is a good song. I loved it whan I first listened to it and I was afraid that this song would scare everybody because it is so different from other MCR stuff. I'm glad that I'm not the only one to appriciate this song as much as I do.

BLOOD Mr. Green
johnny walker eyes.
Demolition Lover
johnny walker eyes.
November 3rd, 2006 at 07:52pm
A Sharp Life:
I liked your explanation of it, but i was wondering if anyone besides me noticed that every song has two meanings? Like Blood can be about how the fans suck Gerard dry, but in some ways it could also be about the patient being sucked dry in the hospital. It's a very dark song if you think about it that way...

... hmm, yes that does make sense.
Good one chicky Mr. Green
Charliebitmyfinger.
Salute You in Your Grave
Charliebitmyfinger.
November 3rd, 2006 at 08:00pm
It scared my partents.
They were like "is that vampires ? O__O "
and "Is THIS the music youve been talking about for monts?" No
they kinda shocked.
BeastxInxRepose
S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W
BeastxInxRepose
November 3rd, 2006 at 08:11pm
Jess-ay:
A Sharp Life:

... hmm, yes that does make sense.
Good one chicky Mr. Green

interesting that you said that, cuz a third, completely different, meaning came to mind when i first heard it. my interpretation was a bit more on the literal than figurative side. i immediately thought of blood donors and how so many hospitals have such low stores of blood for patients who are in serious need. and how they just keep sucking as much blood as they can from all willing donors. but even though this person maybe isn't, for some reason, either the nicest or most charitable, he often donates to the hospital, maybe thinking he'll need it himself one of these days.
madame angst
Salute You in Your Grave
madame angst
November 3rd, 2006 at 09:48pm
When I first heard it, that's how I pictured it.^
Well, somewhat of what you said. I'm not that smart, you see. Razz
That as well makes sense. Yes
A Sharp Life
Banned
A Sharp Life
November 4th, 2006 at 06:14pm
Shocked Wow, Black Maria, I would have never have thought of it that way...but like I said everyone has a different interpretation. I want to listen to that song and see if I can hear your point.

Embarassed Embarassed Stupid Question===> If you donate blood and then you need it later on can they give you your own blood?

Sorry, your post made me wonder. Embarassed
McRgIrL13
Killjoy
McRgIrL13
November 5th, 2006 at 03:10am
it is pretty funny!! Smile
imnotokaaayy.
Awake and Unafraid
imnotokaaayy.
November 5th, 2006 at 03:32am
Ha ha when i first got the album i started listening to it and i thought that it was an accidental track like it was meant to be there because there was no sound at the start but then when i heard it i was like whoa it sounds like its from the 1920's
johnny walker eyes.
Demolition Lover
johnny walker eyes.
November 5th, 2006 at 03:37am

Yeah ^ firstly i was like "What the fuck is this!?" then i just left it, kinda forgot about it then the music suddenly started Laughing
TheNewLondonFire
Motor Baby
TheNewLondonFire
November 6th, 2006 at 11:47pm
Yeah it scared the crap outta me because I Wasn't expecting it and I had my volume all the way up on my computer...I jumped about a foot in the air..lol
Chowder
Motor Baby
Chowder
November 8th, 2006 at 02:16pm
xEmergencyxDollx:
Yeah it scared the crap outta me because I Wasn't expecting it and I had my volume all the way up on my computer...I jumped about a foot in the air..lol

Lmao!! I was about to do that, but then i thought 'hidden' so i didnt want to have a freaking heart attack if it was there... lmao

Its a funny/good song... lol