Don't have an account? Create one!

Song meanings

AuthorMessage
Dujo
Admin
Dujo
October 25th, 2006 at 04:18pm
We need someone to work on song meanings for the site. Your job would be collecting song info and writing about it.

You don't need to know HTML but you have to be a good writer.

Please post only if you're REALLY interested in doing this.

Thanks.
Demolition Lover Jo
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Demolition Lover Jo
October 25th, 2006 at 04:23pm
wow. i'd love to try if you'd let me.
Ceiling Gerard
Awake and Unafraid
Ceiling Gerard
October 25th, 2006 at 07:43pm
I am a fairly good writer, and I have that special booklet that has all the notes from Gerard and theband, so if you want I can work on it.
Demolition Lover Jo
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Demolition Lover Jo
October 26th, 2006 at 05:14am
I can write good when i have to =P and I'm sure that spending a few hours watching MCR interviews on YouTube wouldn't be TOO MUCH of a drag, haha. Just tell me which songs to do and I'll do my best. =)
Mrs GeeBee Way
Killjoy
Mrs GeeBee Way
October 26th, 2006 at 06:19am
Hey, I am in love with My Chemical Romance, and spend most time (after listening to an album 3 times) figuring out the meanings of songs. So I'd love to do it. Also, I got top levels in writing! x
Mrs GeeBee Way
Killjoy
Mrs GeeBee Way
October 26th, 2006 at 07:14pm
Um, I can already do Teenagers:
Teenagers is about all the kids in America who are bloodthirsty and killing all the other kids ('They could care less as long as someone'll bleed')
Gerard himself says: The only thing I learnt in high school is that people are very violent and territorial'
See! xxxx
Im Not A Fool! Fool.
Salute You in Your Grave
Im Not A Fool! Fool.
October 27th, 2006 at 08:00am
unapolagetic apathy:
Um, I can already do Teenagers:
Teenagers is about all the kids in America who are bloodthirsty and killing all the other kids ('They could care less as long as someone'll bleed')
Gerard himself says: The only thing I learnt in high school is that people are very violent and territorial'
See! xxxx

I read in an interview, he said alot of it was about times he had seen teenagers in public and watched them and felt like he couldnt relate with his own (younger) fans.
But I reckon yours does actually sound right.
Maybe its a mix of both?
avianamity
Killjoy
avianamity
October 27th, 2006 at 03:39pm
hey, speaking on songs, has anyone else heard the Black Parade bonus track? Does anyone know the name? I want to say that it's called Blood but i don't know where i heard that. Anyway, so this isn't spam, if you've heard it, what do you think it's about? I personally think it's just them having fun... a throw back to days of horror movies... and their little morbid sense of humor that we all love so much! Mr. Green Twisted Evil
Demolition Lover Jo
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Demolition Lover Jo
October 27th, 2006 at 03:47pm
avianamity:
hey, speaking on songs, has anyone else heard the Black Parade bonus track? Does anyone know the name? I want to say that it's called Blood but i don't know where i heard that. Anyway, so this isn't spam, if you've heard it, what do you think it's about? I personally think it's just them having fun... a throw back to days of horror movies... and their little morbid sense of humor that we all love so much! Mr. Green Twisted Evil

there's already a topic on the [hilarious] song, its in the Media section - "BLOOD". Yeah, that's the title of the song =)
Mrs GeeBee Way
Killjoy
Mrs GeeBee Way
October 28th, 2006 at 09:41am
Hey person who quoted me! Probably is a mix of both! Smile Where'd you see the interview btw?
Chemical Prophet
Killjoy
Chemical Prophet
October 28th, 2006 at 09:59am
I read somewhere on the net that the song "disenchanted" is about his split in friendships with bert. Apoligies if this is old news or blatant slander.
zacky vengeance
In The Murder Scene
zacky vengeance
October 28th, 2006 at 10:16am
Teenagers Is So True! Like E.g. This Girl at my school Was Liked By Everyone then she hurt someone by accident and They Started Bleeding then Everyone Hated Her and Cared but ey..It also means School is Violent and Teenagers Have Nothing to Do Better With their lives then start fights...Well Some Teenagers lol
Mrs GeeBee Way
Killjoy
Mrs GeeBee Way
October 28th, 2006 at 10:41am
you are so right! Teenagers is a great song and most people just like sayin shit so they dont care. xxx
zacky vengeance
In The Murder Scene
zacky vengeance
October 28th, 2006 at 10:51am
Exactly..And Labeling..And its All About Popularity and Acting Tough Like " Im Gonna Bash the Shit out of this person" when all they do it stare and dont lay a finger on them lol......I dont Blame MCR Teenagers are Scary
Im Not A Fool! Fool.
Salute You in Your Grave
Im Not A Fool! Fool.
October 28th, 2006 at 11:32am
unapolagetic apathy:
Hey person who quoted me! Probably is a mix of both! Smile Where'd you see the interview btw?

Kerrang!
But I cant remember all of it so maybe it also said what you said.
lol
I really cant remember..
Mrs GeeBee Way
Killjoy
Mrs GeeBee Way
October 28th, 2006 at 03:24pm
Im Not A Fool! Fool.:
unapolagetic apathy:

Kerrang!
lol
I really cant remember..
hehehe lol. do u read nme? there was like this HUGE interview in it! Thats where i got the teenagers thing from. Oh, did u know that Sleep was inspired because Gerard was having night terrors?
Im Not A Fool! Fool.
Salute You in Your Grave
Im Not A Fool! Fool.
October 29th, 2006 at 05:02am
unapolagetic apathy:
Im Not A Fool! Fool.:
unapolagetic apathy:

Kerrang!
lol
I really cant remember..
hehehe lol. do u read nme? there was like this HUGE interview in it! Thats where i got the teenagers thing from. Oh, did u know that Sleep was inspired because Gerard was having night terrors?
I read that. and he talks about it in the song.
But it probably means something else at the same time.
Mrs GeeBee Way
Killjoy
Mrs GeeBee Way
October 29th, 2006 at 05:17am
Im Not A Fool! Fool.:
unapolagetic apathy:
Im Not A Fool! Fool.:
unapolagetic apathy:

Kerrang!
lol
I really cant remember..
I read that. and he talks about it in the song.
But it probably means something else at the same time.
it most probably is. is it just me or does anybody else love it when gerard and the whole of mcr wont let you have the whole story to a song? xxx
kerosenekiss666
Killjoy
kerosenekiss666
October 30th, 2006 at 01:11pm
I think the song Teenagers is about the oppression, confusion, depression, and anger many teenagers face at some point in thier lives. In the begining, (They're gonna clean up your looks with all the lies in the books, to make a citizen out of you) Pretty much all kids/teens are forced to go to school, and believe what everyone wants you to, and dress the way they want you to, to make you a "presentable citizen".
The part (Because the drugs never work, they're gonna give you a smirk, cuz they've got methods of keeping you clean) Is you can't do drugs, cuz everyone is watching you.
The chorus (So darken your clothes, and strike a violent pose) and (The boys and girls in the clique
The awful names that they stick
You’re never gonna fit in much, kid.
But if you’re troubled and hurt,
What you’ve got under your shirt,
Will make them pay for the things that they did)
Is talking about the Emo/Gothic kids at school who are always made fun of) The whole song is basicly about how bloodthirsty and mean every clique in school is.
Innamorata
Awake and Unafraid
Innamorata
October 30th, 2006 at 06:12pm
I would really enjoy doing this. I'll get back with meanings when they are complete and I'll have you along with the fellow posters review them.