Don't have an account? Create one!

College Students (or those planning to attend college)

AuthorMessage
idk. my bff jill?
Demolition Lover
idk. my bff jill?
May 13th, 2010 at 06:24pm
i've changed my mind.
i want to attend Warren Wilson College and major in psychology.
one of my friends and his friend are going there this fall.
chris pine.
Ghost in the Snow
chris pine.
May 13th, 2010 at 09:54pm
going to owu with a double major of journalism and either pre-med or psychology.
Amy Farrah Fowler
In The Murder Scene
Amy Farrah Fowler
May 25th, 2010 at 10:47am
September will be the start of my second year at St Clair. I attended for Pre-Health, because I really had no idea what I wanted to do. So that opened opportunities.

Now I know I want to go into physiotherapy assistance, but the program for that was cancelled at St Clair, and the closest one is three hours away. So since I can't afford to go away just yet, my plan was to take a year off to work. Then I was convinced that I probably won't go back to school, because most people never do. So I'm taking Office Administration in September, just so I stay in school.

What I like about it: You're not being babysat like in highschool. It's your own responsibility to get your work done and your teachers aren't hovering over you like in highschool. If you miss a meal, that's okay because you can eat in class. If you need to talk to someone on a cell phone (say, to get a ride), you don't have to hide it.

Also, you don't waste time. The teacher tells you what you need to learn, you finish, and you can go. Unlike in highschool, where you had to sit there the whole period, even if all the work was done.

What I dislike about it: It's too far. My highschool is only a few blocks or so from my house, walking distance. My college is two bus rides away.
Heart Attack.
Salute You in Your Grave
Heart Attack.
May 27th, 2010 at 10:42am
I'm going to Ohio State in September, majoring in psychology. I'm kinda nervous because its so huge there, but at the same time I'm excited because I wanted to go to big school to meet lots of people. I just hope I don't get lost lol. It should be a good change from high school though, I'm looking forward to it.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
September 20th, 2010 at 12:49pm
My parents are trying to get me to go to school in California (even though I really want to go to Michigan)

The two schools that interest me the most though in California right now is Humboldt State and Sonoma State. Does anyone have any information on these schools or know anyone who goes there and likes it? There's some things I really like and dislike about both.
it's all happening
Salute You in Your Grave
it's all happening
September 20th, 2010 at 10:33pm
idk. my bff jill?:
i've changed my mind.
i want to attend Warren Wilson College and major in psychology.
one of my friends and his friend are going there this fall.
I'm applying Warren Wilson! whee~

currently wrestling with common app. what a BITCH to deal with.
heartstrings.
Demolition Lover
heartstrings.
September 23rd, 2010 at 12:01pm
My Dear Delirious:
My parents are trying to get me to go to school in California (even though I really want to go to Michigan)

The two schools that interest me the most though in California right now is Humboldt State and Sonoma State. Does anyone have any information on these schools or know anyone who goes there and likes it? There's some things I really like and dislike about both.
What major are you thinking of? I could probably give you more information about the schools if I knew what you were thinking of majoring in.

Coming up on my first month in university. It's been a rollercoaster of emotions but so far it's been fun. (: Just last night the girls on my floor and I went out for drinks and a game night. I really enjoy my classes, as well. It's an amazing experience.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
September 23rd, 2010 at 01:32pm
heartstrings.:
What major are you thinking of? I could probably give you more information about the schools if I knew what you were thinking of majoring in.

Coming up on my first month in university. It's been a rollercoaster of emotions but so far it's been fun. (: Just last night the girls on my floor and I went out for drinks and a game night. I really enjoy my classes, as well. It's an amazing experience.
I'm either gonna major in art, education or computer science. What school do you go to?
heartstrings.
Demolition Lover
heartstrings.
September 23rd, 2010 at 02:03pm
My Dear Delirious:
I'm either gonna major in art, education or computer science. What school do you go to?
Strictly speaking about the quality of education you'll get, Sonoma State has the better reputation. Humboldt's art and education programs are really popular though. In addition the costs for attending Humboldt since you'll be an out-of-state applicant will be slightly higher. Not be much but they will be higher. What do you like and not like about each university? If I know what you know then I might be able to shed a bit more light on the subject because I really don't know if the information I'm giving right now is helpful at all. Rolling Eyes

I currently go to California State University, Long Beach. (:
idk. my bff jill?
Demolition Lover
idk. my bff jill?
September 23rd, 2010 at 07:37pm
ahh, i change my mind so much!
now i'm thinking about University of North Carolina at Asheville, majoring in Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies and minoring in Psychology.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
September 23rd, 2010 at 08:39pm
heartstrings.:
Strictly speaking about the quality of education you'll get, Sonoma State has the better reputation. Humboldt's art and education programs are really popular though. In addition the costs for attending Humboldt since you'll be an out-of-state applicant will be slightly higher. Not be much but they will be higher. What do you like and not like about each university? If I know what you know then I might be able to shed a bit more light on the subject because I really don't know if the information I'm giving right now is helpful at all. Rolling Eyes

I currently go to California State University, Long Beach. (:
I live in California, so they better not charge me out of state!
I liked the art program of Humboldt and how it was in a little town many people descriped as being like from the Mid-West. I don't like the pot reputation or that it's a 5-hour drive to San Francisco. I like Sonoma in that it has such a good academic reputation, not as much pot, it's closer to San Francisco etc. I don't like the fact that alot of people say Sonoma doesn't have much life to it. I'm gonna apply to both, I was just wondering if you had any tips? How do you like Long Beach?
Richey Edwards.
Demolition Lover
Richey Edwards.
September 23rd, 2010 at 08:58pm
well, im graduating early, so im going to college in january
Im planning to attend community college for two years, then transfer to another school for two years
Im not quite sure what i wanna major in yet
heartstrings.
Demolition Lover
heartstrings.
September 23rd, 2010 at 09:31pm
My Dear Delirious:
I live in California, so they better not charge me out of state!
I liked the art program of Humboldt and how it was in a little town many people descriped as being like from the Mid-West. I don't like the pot reputation or that it's a 5-hour drive to San Francisco. I like Sonoma in that it has such a good academic reputation, not as much pot, it's closer to San Francisco etc. I don't like the fact that alot of people say Sonoma doesn't have much life to it. I'm gonna apply to both, I was just wondering if you had any tips? How do you like Long Beach?
Well don't I feel like the smart one. For some reason I thought you didn't live in California. Ignore my ignorance, haha.

Weighing the pros and cons is always the best way to go when it comes to college choices. That's what I had to do, for example, because I had to choose between Fullerton and Long Beach. It really depends on what you'd want more in a school: does it bother you that Sonoma doesn't have much life to it if the academic reputation is strong? Does the pot reputation of Humboldt bother you so much that you'd pass up the possibility of entering into their art program? Basically I can't tell you where to go and all I can give is my input. And, despite the pot reputation, Humboldt is still a relatively good school. One of my acquaintances in high school goes there and she likes it very much. If I had any connections in Sonoma I would get those for you as well but unfortunately no one I know is currently attending so sorry I couldn't be of more help to you there.

Long Beach is an amazing school and so far I've really enjoyed it. I live on campus and it's much more fun than I would have expected. My RA has already compiled a few fun activities to get the girls on my floor to bond and the food in the dining halls is two thumbs way up, haha. And, for what it's worth, the art program is fairly good here as well. My roommate is majoring in art. (:
The Lunacy Phringe
Bleeding on the Floor
The Lunacy Phringe
September 24th, 2010 at 02:12pm
I'm a mathematics and physics freshman at Trinity College Dublin, in Ireland.
pandas in a tree
Killjoy
pandas in a tree
September 26th, 2010 at 07:00pm
I wanna go to Emerson and major in communications =)
Morning Stars.
Salute You in Your Grave
Morning Stars.
September 27th, 2010 at 05:32am
i either want to study at glasgow school of art or camberwell college of art in london :]
i want to do graphic design but im so indecisive il probably want to do something else by next week
Easy Tiger!
Killjoy
Easy Tiger!
September 27th, 2010 at 10:41am
Just started my BSc Music Technology Course today, and I love it! There's only 3 girls on the course out of 175 people, but its amazing. Although, I'm sick of someone setting off the fire alarm at 4am every day since we got here in our halls. Not fun!
questionable content
Always Born a Crime
questionable content
September 27th, 2010 at 06:12pm
I'd love to go to Cornell and study human ecology or sociology.
I don't know about my chances of getting in, but I used to live wicked close to Cornell, and I've been wanting to go back ever since.
werard gay.
Crash Queen
werard gay.
September 28th, 2010 at 12:49am
Taking up a pre-medicine program and i guess it's making me skinny.
too much chemistry (i swear, lol), anatomy, physiology, and analysis.
but i love it though. there's so many challenges and works.
two years left! fuck yeah! Smile

Morning Stars.
Salute You in Your Grave
Morning Stars.
September 28th, 2010 at 01:23pm
does anybody know if it's particularly difficult to get into the school of visual arts in new york city?
bit of a stab in the dark but i dunno anyone whos been there...