Don't have an account? Create one!

College Students (or those planning to attend college)

AuthorMessage
emurlee
Demolition Lover
emurlee
October 26th, 2006 at 02:14pm
Whoa I do not understand American college. XD

I'm at college in the UK, at a sixth form to be precise, in my last year. I'm studying Classics, English Literature and Language, and Drama & Theatre Studies. I really enjoy it. In October I'll be going to university, and although I haven't got my place yet I'm aiming to go to Northumbria Uni in Newcastle. That's my ultimate aim. I'm also looking at Edge Hill, which is near Manchester. Anyone have any experience of either of those?
BeastxInxRepose
S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W
BeastxInxRepose
October 26th, 2006 at 04:30pm
xThexRattlexSnakex:
xxxBlackxxxMariahxxx:
next semester i'm hoping to finally get my PE, swim test, and Spanish out of the way.

Oh, we had to do a swim test, too. Its really fucked up 'cause you have to take it in order to graduate from here b/c we live close to a lake and they don't want anyone to risk drowining...thats another reason why I want to leave.. I stil haven't taken it

I'm missing my Amer. Studies class now.. I didn't go last week 'cause I was sick and i'm sick again.. and I was just starting to like this class too Confused

i don't know why we have to take a swim test. not like anyone is about to jump in the Delaware River. if anything, most people try to AVOID it cuz it's so nasty! Shocked
Public Pervert
Patron Saint of Switchblade Fights
Public Pervert
October 26th, 2006 at 10:29pm
Yeah.. the college is weird.. thats why I want to transfer from here!
StonyPony
Jazz Hands
StonyPony
October 26th, 2006 at 11:21pm
I really want to go to Auburn. Dammit.
Naughtville
Bleeding on the Floor
Naughtville
October 26th, 2006 at 11:43pm
lmao

My mom wants me to go to UGA
We'd be like rivals
grrr
Very Happy
Aishwarya in town
Awake and Unafraid
Aishwarya in town
October 27th, 2006 at 01:08am
I have a tiny little crush on the University of Exeter.
lux lisbon.
Always Born a Crime
lux lisbon.
October 27th, 2006 at 02:47am
I'm a junior at Muhlenberg College in Allentown, Pennsylvania.
I started out majoring in Theatre with hopes of being an actress, but I kind of grew out of all that. I really can't stand half of the theatre kids around here. I think it was the program and the people involved who kind of ruined the fun of it for me. Oh well. I can still go see plays and things, and that's good enough for me.
Anyway, I'm currently working on a Film Studies major, and possibly a Communication major, as well. Ideally, I'll be a film writer and director one of these days.
My favorite classes right now are Methods of Video & Film Analysis and Film History I. But who wouldn't love classes that involved almost nothing but watching and discussing films? The other two classes I'm in are major requirements, so they're necessary, but I don't really enjoy them very much; they're Media & Society and Documentary Research.
Overall, it's ok here. I have a handful of good friends I've kept from freshman year, but I always miss my very best friend at home. That's probably the only bad thing about going to a school that's out of state. I can't visit home whenever I want to.
Thursday's Child
Bleeding on the Floor
Thursday's Child
October 28th, 2006 at 11:17am
I want to go to Macalester.
too bad I'd probably have to sell everything I own and live out of a cardboard box.
and that's if I got in.
right now, I'm probably going to go to the U of M or Loyola.
diamond girl
In The Murder Scene
diamond girl
October 28th, 2006 at 04:17pm
I'm planning to go to Florida Gulf Coast University next fall, mostly cause it's only about 30 minutes from my house. I want to major in art (graphic or interior design), and maybe minor in history or early childhood education.
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
November 4th, 2006 at 04:31am
are there many over 18's on INO at all? although it's heaps fun to be chatting to high schoolers! (makes me feel young ahah!)

I'm about to finish first year uni in sydney- I'm doing Bachelor of Fashion and Textiles design and it's killing me right now! (drop out rate at the end of the 4 yrs is more than 50%)

I have an art background but I seriously wish I have a musical side...and that's why I envy Gerard's talent for art and music from the guts of my stomach!
<3Romance<3
Salute You in Your Grave
<3Romance<3
November 4th, 2006 at 03:10pm
1st year Office Management/Management Assistant... That's a bachelor... Meh... we're seeing every fucking thing I saw in high school.. It's pretty boring... But I have to go...
Just went working a whole week, and I realized again I don't want to do this for the rest of my life... I want to become something, someone...
DeadlyPoisoned
Bleeding on the Floor
DeadlyPoisoned
November 4th, 2006 at 03:53pm
I cant wait til I go to a college I'm going to an art school thats college isnt it.???.
I'm going there to study computer graphic web designs and shit and how to become a professional artist I love art.
trainwreck
Fabulous Killjoy
trainwreck
November 4th, 2006 at 04:56pm
hey ho. I'm attending at the university in hamburg (germany) so i dont know if i belong here but i just wanted to say hey to everyone Very Happy
Gerard Way.
In the Cannibal Glow
Gerard Way.
November 4th, 2006 at 05:21pm
^ everyone who's in college around the world belongs here. cmon, talk to us about your class and all. Smile
develseye
Killjoy
develseye
November 4th, 2006 at 05:26pm
i want to go into dawson collage (its a cygept in montreal) for interior dessign only 60 places so im working extreamly hard to get in
Gerard Way.
In the Cannibal Glow
Gerard Way.
November 4th, 2006 at 05:37pm
anyway, i attended 3colleges around the world. i did my GCE A Levels in a private college in England, and take a gap year and went to Indonesia and now im back home in NY,doing my M.D, in NYU. i wanted to go to the UK or Ireland again for my residency training. im eyeing Aberdeen Uni but then, its still a few years away~

ps: im 21. *shies away and hides birthday cake*
Public Pervert
Patron Saint of Switchblade Fights
Public Pervert
November 4th, 2006 at 07:17pm
GothFairyGodess:
I cant wait til I go to a college I'm going to an art school thats college isnt it.???.
I'm going there to study computer graphic web designs and shit and how to become a professional artist I love art.

I want to take computer graphics, but they don't offer anything like that here..another reason why I want to transfer here...also, its a total war zone b/c it used to be an all girls college, but 2 years ago it became co-ed..and a lot of the upper classmen make such a big deal about it Disgust
DeadlyPoisoned
Bleeding on the Floor
DeadlyPoisoned
November 4th, 2006 at 09:32pm
xThexRattlexSnakex:
GothFairyGodess:

I want to take computer graphics, but they don't offer anything like that here..another reason why I want to transfer here...also, its a total war zone b/c it used to be an all girls college, but 2 years ago it became co-ed..and a lot of the upper classmen make such a big deal about it Disgust

That sucks total balls!!..
xAsleep Or Deadx
Banned
xAsleep Or Deadx
November 4th, 2006 at 09:40pm
i'm planning to go to college..*sigh*
and get a fine arts then computer animations
so i'll end up as an animator..*sigh*
DeadlyPoisoned
Bleeding on the Floor
DeadlyPoisoned
November 4th, 2006 at 10:18pm
x.Juliet.x:
i'm planning to go to college..*sigh*
and get a fine arts then computer animations
so i'll end up as an animator..*sigh*

Thats a rad thing to study Cause I love computer art I wanna learn to design my own cds if I start a band and I love art so much I wanna be professional..I also love to draw.Thats why I wanna go to art school.