Don't have an account? Create one!

College Students (or those planning to attend college)

AuthorMessage
Public Pervert
Patron Saint of Switchblade Fights
Public Pervert
November 4th, 2006 at 11:16pm
GothFairyGodess:
That sucks total balls!!..

Yeah, it does.. I really want to learn how to do really cool desgins on computer becuase i love doing things on the computer and my dad thinks it'll be good for me to take a course like that, but the school doesn't offer it..pisses me off Ranting
Ceiling Gerard
Awake and Unafraid
Ceiling Gerard
November 4th, 2006 at 11:24pm
My exboyfriend is going to school for Graphic design I think. I was gonna marry him because he was going to be a rich video game designer XD

When choosing a College, you really need to look for colleges you REALLY like and REALLY want to go to. I know three people, besides me, who hate the school they are going to and want to transfer. Me, and two of my friends, are transfering to Rutgers next year infact.
Public Pervert
Public Pervert
November 4th, 2006 at 11:28pm
Yeah, i've heard from about alot of ppl hear (mainly freashmen) saying that they are going to transfer from here.. its rediculous..I'm planning on transferring to Univ. Of South Florida.. just because I'm to FL and I want to be close to home..I wanted to be close to home in the first place and after graduation, I was told that my dad got a new job, so we're all moving...so, I'm going to transfer there (if I get in) when I finish this year..
DeadlyPoisoned
Bleeding on the Floor
DeadlyPoisoned
November 4th, 2006 at 11:39pm
xThexRattlexSnakex:
GothFairyGodess:
That sucks total balls!!..

Yeah, it does.. I really want to learn how to do really cool desgins on computer becuase i love doing things on the computer and my dad thinks it'll be good for me to take a course like that, but the school doesn't offer it..pisses me off Ranting

Awww well good luck with your art school hun.

Yeah computer graphic art is rad!!.
Public Pervert
Public Pervert
November 4th, 2006 at 11:54pm
Yeah, but I still don't know my major yet.. I think that I'm just going to stick with Creative Writing
trainwreck
Fabulous Killjoy
trainwreck
November 5th, 2006 at 06:39am
I'm becoming a teacher for math and biology , which is (till now) pretty nice and interesting

except chemistry
lynda is nonexistant
Bulletproof Heart
lynda is nonexistant
November 6th, 2006 at 11:13pm
I'm thinking about majoring in psychology to become a therapist/psychiatrist.
Or I might be majoring in music, and see where I can go from there.

My goal is to be accepted by Stanford or Berkeley, but I'm having doubts because a new college has caught my eye: Berklee School of Music in Boston.
But I'm not so sure about that one, because my parents would get really pissed off if I did. ><;;
Wendy
Salute You in Your Grave
Wendy
November 6th, 2006 at 11:14pm
I'm majoring in Political Science. Yeah, boring, I know. But I like it.
stormy
Demolition Lover
stormy
November 7th, 2006 at 02:21am
I'm poor so I'm going to a junior college for a Liberalf Arts and Sciences Transfer Degree for two years before I go to a big school and shell out the big bucks for my education. I'm going out of state (if I can) and I'm going to majour in psychology. I plan to work for the NMHA now (or local support organizations) to start learning ropes.

I like my school. Its small and we do a lot of fun things. We had a concert today in our commons. We had a party on Samhain with prizes etc. There's like two parties a month just b/c.

My classes are super easy for me. Religion: Humanities is a joke of a class, its that damn easy. <nods> Plus its fun to get into debates during
Divine_Intervention
Bleeding on the Floor
Divine_Intervention
November 8th, 2006 at 06:19pm
Im a junior (senior next semester) at the Unv at Albany. Im going to be a human biology major once I talk to my professor on monday, but at the moment Im an anthropology major right now. I want to be a forensic anthropologis because Im just that coolt

Sam...you have to come to albany not florida!!!!
dean moriarty.
Banned
dean moriarty.
November 8th, 2006 at 06:24pm
Does this thread count for High School stuff too?
'Cause I'm torn between public and free high school with all my friends from my past,
Or supercool art school for people like me, but with super high tuition & people I don't know.
Money is probably an issue.
=/
rach3l is a sound.
Salute You in Your Grave
rach3l is a sound.
November 8th, 2006 at 07:36pm
emily via wentztop;:
Does this thread count for High School stuff too?
'Cause I'm torn between public and free high school with all my friends from my past,
Or supercool art school for people like me, but with super high tuition & people I don't know.
Money is probably an issue.
=/

a lot of my friends go to arts schools, as the school i previously attended, for grades seven and eight, was an arts school. well, it was an arts program. there were mainstream kids.
anywho.
if you are really interested in the field of art that the school offers, i would say, go for it. it's an amazing oppurtunity.
this school sounds a lot liek teh school my friend is going to.
Needless to say, I live in Canada.
It's called the [url=http://schools.tdsb.on.ca/esa/urls/home.htmlEtobicoke School for the Arts.[/url]
She is an a amazing singer.
She's majoring in musical theatre.
rach3l is a sound.
Salute You in Your Grave
rach3l is a sound.
November 8th, 2006 at 07:40pm
when i am old enough to go to univsersity, i either want to go to western university, carleton university, york university, university of toronto [mississauga campus], univseristy of toronto [st. geroge campus], or possibly dalhousie university. i would likd to get a masters in either english or musical theory. which one, i do not kow yet, but i have to decide by january, when course selections for grade ten are. if i'm doing musical theory, i will take music for the rest of high school, if not, media arts is the path.
Public Pervert
Public Pervert
November 8th, 2006 at 07:59pm
Divine_Intervention:
Im a junior (senior next semester) at the Unv at Albany. Im going to be a human biology major once I talk to my professor on monday, but at the moment Im an anthropology major right now. I want to be a forensic anthropologis because Im just that coolt

Sam...you have to come to albany not florida!!!!

I'm still thinking...

Ooh, forensics! I'm taking Forensic Sience Lab next semster Yes
dean moriarty.
Banned
dean moriarty.
November 8th, 2006 at 08:07pm
rachel; so sudden:
a lot of my friends go to arts schools, as the school i previously attended, for grades seven and eight, was an arts school. well, it was an arts program. there were mainstream kids.
anywho.
if you are really interested in the field of art that the school offers, i would say, go for it. it's an amazing oppurtunity.
It's called the Etobicoke School for the Arts.
Hm.
=/
It's also in the city; which is far far away from where I live, about a 30 - 45 minute drive, so there's the problem of that. My dad lives in the city, but on the other side, so that's probably ruled out.
Also, I thought it had a tuition, but apparently not. Free? cool.
Now I think the only issue is the distance and the lack of people I know there; convince me to go.
><
Divine_Intervention
Bleeding on the Floor
Divine_Intervention
November 9th, 2006 at 12:15pm
I didnt get into my class!!! all the seats are taken!!! this sucks balls

Sam are you staying at Wells for the rest of the year?
Public Pervert
Public Pervert
November 9th, 2006 at 01:11pm
Yeah.. I'm doing transfer applications over winter break...so yeah... I still be at Wells, then Fall 2007...we'll see where I am..dunno where yet
Chowder
Motor Baby
Chowder
November 9th, 2006 at 02:06pm
Well.. Since I am going into high school I am starting to think about what i want to be when i go to college....

I am really good at drawing<3
Yet Im good at computer graphics
Then I have a major music obsession...

Any suggestions??
Divine_Intervention
Bleeding on the Floor
Divine_Intervention
November 9th, 2006 at 04:27pm
xThexRattlexSnakex:
Yeah.. I'm doing transfer applications over winter break...so yeah... I still be at Wells, then Fall 2007...we'll see where I am..dunno where yet

Well you have lots of time to think about it Smile
rach3l is a sound.
Salute You in Your Grave
rach3l is a sound.
November 9th, 2006 at 05:22pm
emily via wentztop;:
rachel; so sudden:
anywho.
It's called the Etobicoke School for the Arts.
Hm.
=/
It's also in the city; which is far far away from where I live, about a 30 - 45 minute drive, so there's the problem of that. My dad lives in the city, but on the other side, so that's probably ruled out.
Also, I thought it had a tuition, but apparently not. Free? cool.
Now I think the only issue is the distance and the lack of people I know there; convince me to go.
><

well, emily, i know you absolutely love the Arts. You are also very passionate about what you love. So, you are passionate about the Arts, and this school supports your passion, very much so by the sound of it. If you want to have a career in the Arts are or arts-related, you hsould go to this Arts school. You will most likely meet a lot of new people that share a lot of you interests. Yes, you have friends at anoher school, and you may not get to seem them as often as you like, but you'll meet new friends and you can still spend time with your old friends.
AS for the distance, issue, it isn't that bad. THere may be bussing offered or ppublic transit. Whatever you call it. A girl who went to my middle school, which was also an Arts school had to take a 45 minute bus ride there and back. She wa spassionate about it.
And I know you are too.
So, pesonally, if you're qualified, go for it!
I hop I have convinced you, dear Emily.