Don't have an account? Create one!

College Students (or those planning to attend college)

AuthorMessage
Mayrawr!
Demolition Lover
Mayrawr!
November 9th, 2006 at 07:23pm
I was going to attend college during the Winter, but now I think that during the Spring would be better.
Or I don't know, work so far has been great & it keeps me occupied for most of the day.
I'll see what happens later on.
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
November 9th, 2006 at 07:24pm
Is uni like the same thing as college?
Mayrawr!
Demolition Lover
Mayrawr!
November 9th, 2006 at 07:46pm
Asha;:

Yeah.
Or...anyone correct me if I'm wrong.
But in college you have the option of either attending 4 years, or attending 2 years then transferring to a University.
Many do this [including myself] because you can save up more money.

College can also go at your own pace. Probably Uni does too, but I wouldn't know since I'm not attending a uni.
dean moriarty.
Banned
dean moriarty.
November 9th, 2006 at 08:39pm
rachel; so sudden:
well, emily, i know you absolutely love the Arts. You are also very passionate about what you love. So, you are passionate about the Arts, and this school supports your passion, very much so by the sound of it. If you want to have a career in the Arts are or arts-related, you hsould go to this Arts school. You will most likely meet a lot of new people that share a lot of you interests. Yes, you have friends at anoher school, and you may not get to seem them as often as you like, but you'll meet new friends and you can still spend time with your old friends.
AS for the distance, issue, it isn't that bad. THere may be bussing offered or ppublic transit. Whatever you call it. A girl who went to my middle school, which was also an Arts school had to take a 45 minute bus ride there and back. She wa spassionate about it.
And I know you are too.
So, pesonally, if you're qualified, go for it!
I hop I have convinced you, dear Emily.
Thanks, Rachel.
My mom and dad and I just talked about it, and if I pass the admission test and enter a portfolio, and get the whole distance thing worked out, I'll probably go there. : D
And, if I don't make it in this year, my mom said I could take a freshman year at public school with my friends and re-enter my portfolio and go for sophmore year.
I can't wait.
Yes
rach3l is a sound.
Salute You in Your Grave
rach3l is a sound.
November 9th, 2006 at 08:45pm
emily via wentztop;:
rachel; so sudden:
well, emily, i know you absolutely love the Arts. You are also very passionate about what you love. So, you are passionate about the Arts, and this school supports your passion, very much so by the sound of it. If you want to have a career in the Arts are or arts-related, you hsould go to this Arts school. You will most likely meet a lot of new people that share a lot of you interests. Yes, you have friends at anoher school, and you may not get to seem them as often as you like, but you'll meet new friends and you can still spend time with your old friends.
AS for the distance, issue, it isn't that bad. THere may be bussing offered or ppublic transit. Whatever you call it. A girl who went to my middle school, which was also an Arts school had to take a 45 minute bus ride there and back. She wa spassionate about it.
And I know you are too.
So, pesonally, if you're qualified, go for it!
I hop I have convinced you, dear Emily.
Thanks, Rachel.
My mom and dad and I just talked about it, and if I pass the admission test and enter a portfolio, and get the whole distance thing worked out, I'll probably go there. : D
And, if I don't make it in this year, my mom said I could take a freshman year at public school with my friends and re-enter my portfolio and go for sophmore year.
I can't wait.
Yes

yay!
this school has a similar concept to another local arts school , cawthra park secondary school.
unlike etobicoke school of the arts, cawthra offers a regional arts program, in dance, visual arts, music, and drama.
you can try out in grade eight for one fo the four possible majors or you can try out in grade nine for grade ten. so i hope all goes well! ee!
stormy
Demolition Lover
stormy
November 10th, 2006 at 03:33am
Emily Is the Chaos!:
Well.. Since I am going into high school I am starting to think about what i want to be when i go to college....

I am really good at drawing<3
Yet Im good at computer graphics
Then I have a major music obsession...

Any suggestions??

You can do a graphics majour with a minour in music
and than uise a degree for like, studio work, advertising, media...
etc . Its really just looking at the kinds of things that are out there.
I'm combining psychology with writing and education. I'm going to do behaviour therapy in inner cities while workin on state/national boards for edcuatoin/awareness of disroders etc. I'm already working my way into the systems and organizations that do that kind of work and I'm not even done with my first semester of university already.
Chowder
Motor Baby
Chowder
November 10th, 2006 at 07:02am
stormy:
Emily Is the Chaos!:
Well.. Since I am going into high school I am starting to think about what i want to be when i go to college....

I am really good at drawing<3
Yet Im good at computer graphics
Then I have a major music obsession...

Any suggestions??

You can do a graphics majour with a minour in music
and than uise a degree for like, studio work, advertising, media...
etc . Its really just looking at the kinds of things that are out there.
I'm combining psychology with writing and education. I'm going to do behaviour therapy in inner cities while workin on state/national boards for edcuatoin/awareness of disroders etc. I'm already working my way into the systems and organizations that do that kind of work and I'm not even done with my first semester of university already.

Thanks! Hope you do good in you're first semester!
Divine_Intervention
Bleeding on the Floor
Divine_Intervention
November 10th, 2006 at 10:41am
Asha;:

no because a university goes all through grad studies. College is just undergrad studies
voice4mygeneration65
Jazz Hands
voice4mygeneration65
November 17th, 2006 at 10:00am
UMD- University of Minnesota Duluth. I hope to just geet accepted. I want to major in Political Science and and Secondary Education and minor in History
voice4mygeneration65
Jazz Hands
voice4mygeneration65
November 17th, 2006 at 10:01am
Wendy:
I'm majoring in Political Science. Yeah, boring, I know. But I like it.

Rock on!!! Punk Punk
voice4mygeneration65
Jazz Hands
voice4mygeneration65
November 17th, 2006 at 10:04am
A Mixtape Love:
I want to go to Macalester.
too bad I'd probably have to sell everything I own and live out of a cardboard box.
and that's if I got in.
right now, I'm probably going to go to the U of M or Loyola.

From Minnesota? I am too. Of course it's fucking freezing in the "North American Tundra".
batsquad!
Awake and Unafraid
batsquad!
November 17th, 2006 at 06:03pm
I'm a junior at FGCU (Florida Gulf Coast University), in Fort Myers, FL. I skipped a year because I took all the college math up to Calc II and Analytic Geometry.
But I'm a Criminal Forensics major, minoring in history or criminal justice. I just might minor in both. I love college. It's so free from the trappings of high school. Technically, you are not required to attend class (unless required by a professor).
The only thing I don't like, is that a majority of the students who attend FGCU are not so academically focused. This school is known for it's partying levels. Plus, there are a lot of tan girls who think that dressing over the top will get them a good grade.

This semester I'm finishing: Interview & Interrogation, Theories of Criminal Behavior, Introduction to Criminalistics and Crime Prevention.

Next semester I'm taking: Domestic Violence, Forensic Psychology, Constitutional Criminal Law and Issues in Law Enforcement.

I'm super excited. Smile
Happy Birthday Jesus
Always Born a Crime
Happy Birthday Jesus
November 17th, 2006 at 06:06pm
my sister goes to william patterson.
black dahlia
Salute You in Your Grave
black dahlia
November 17th, 2006 at 06:08pm
i just got accepted to webster in st. louis
lux lisbon.
Always Born a Crime
lux lisbon.
November 19th, 2006 at 09:55pm
I've been thinking of going to film school after I graduate from college.
I'm majoring in Film Studies already, but I think film school would be an even better experience to prepare me to make films, not just analyze them.
Maybe in a bigger city that would offer more opportunities to get involved in the business. (Preferably no where in CA, though.)
Cuz, r/n, I have no clue how I'm going to get into the film industry once I'm out of school.
voice4mygeneration65
Jazz Hands
voice4mygeneration65
February 1st, 2007 at 01:29pm
truthofcontroversy:
UMD- University of Minnesota Duluth. I hope to just geet accepted. I want to major in Political Science and and Secondary Education and minor in History

Update, the motherfuckers denied me but I got accepted by Manakato and I like it there, so no sleep lost there.
Doll Parts
Salute You in Your Grave
Doll Parts
February 1st, 2007 at 01:47pm
I hoping to get into sixth form college at the TVU in Reading to study:
Art Graphics
Photography
French
Media Studies

yep!!
wednesday.
In the Cannibal Glow
wednesday.
February 1st, 2007 at 01:59pm
i go to a 2 year private college in georgia.
it's called young harris. and i like it a lot.
the teachers are very helpful and there isn't many students here.
i just hate how it is surrounded by mountains,
so there is nothing to do here.
Ceiling Gerard
Awake and Unafraid
Ceiling Gerard
February 3rd, 2007 at 11:49am
Divine_Intervention:
Asha;:

no because a university goes all through grad studies. College is just undergrad studies

Actually I think she meant Uni as in other countries.

Uni in England is like College in America. So yes they are the same.
Ken Hidaka
Salute You in Your Grave
Ken Hidaka
November 19th, 2007 at 11:57am
Hey guys i'm a college student particularly a junior. yes, only one more year and i'm gonna graduate soon i'm currently taking up Hotel and Restaurant Management (related to Tourism and Culinary) and well, i really enjoyed this course and i know i will have more job oppurtunities with this. Next year, i'm gonna go to Wisconsin for a cultural exchange program that enables us to work and travel in the US and after graduation i plan to be an intern in Baltimore.