Don't have an account? Create one!

College Students (or those planning to attend college)

AuthorMessage
IceHog69
Bulletproof Heart
IceHog69
December 7th, 2008 at 07:20am
I'm technically at college now, but not 'that sort of college'. I want to go to NJMS, but it will be hard to get in, so I'm thinking about Imperial College London, and St George's in England, which will be equally as difficult to get into.

As you can probably guess, I want to do medicine, but I'm also interested in cosmology, and astrophysics, but we are taking the new IAS Physics, and that has particle physics in it, rather than cosmology, so, I wouldn't have much experience. I'm also interested in acting, but I wouldn't take drama at college, I just spend my free time on the Subway, chasing auditions. Rolling Eyes
idee fixe.
Salute You in Your Grave
idee fixe.
December 10th, 2008 at 07:40am

I'm still a sophomore high school student, but I'm already preparing for college. I'm also from the Philippines, just like black bird, and I would probably study in Ateneo de Manila or La Salle University. But if my parents find a way for me to study in the US, I'll probably study there.

My mom wants me to take up Accountacy first, then Law so i can be a commercial lawyer [ according to her, if i insist on taking law, this is probably the "safest", just in case i don't pass the board exams. *eyeroll* } -- I don't mind that. Or Political Science, then Law. Or Psychology. Clearly, I want to be a lawyer someday. Being called "attorney" thrills me.
Sid
Salute You in Your Grave
Sid
December 10th, 2008 at 06:14pm
Blahhhhh I had my audition today for University of East Anglia. I was shitting bricks! I was so nervous. But the lecturer seemed to like my script so... fingers crossed.

Oh yeah and a couple of people are saying they want to apply for Oxford and Cambridge -tis not allowed. Oxbridge candidates can only apply for one. Weird huh? And it's HARD. Couple of people I know that go there tell me it's... not the most fun choice of places either.
IceHog69
Bulletproof Heart
IceHog69
December 11th, 2008 at 10:05am
THISISNOTADRILL.:

Oh yeah and a couple of people are saying they want to apply for Oxford and Cambridge -tis not allowed. Oxbridge candidates can only apply for one. Weird huh? And it's HARD. Couple of people I know that go there tell me it's... not the most fun choice of places either.
well, you can apply to both, just neither will accept you, so it a waste of 2 of your options, and with only 5, that's not clever! I knew someone who only applied to Oxbridge... Sad
call me captain.
Always Born a Crime
call me captain.
December 11th, 2008 at 01:26pm
I have a scholarship to SVA in New York.
My illness has been keeping me back. :/
Which really, really brings me down.
But in the meantime, I've been taking
an online study course just to keep up on things.
BeastxInxRepose
S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W
BeastxInxRepose
December 11th, 2008 at 01:38pm
I'm in college now, as a senior. Right now, I have one more "final" and then I get to go home to start Winter Break. I'm off for a month. Very Happy
Sid
Salute You in Your Grave
Sid
December 11th, 2008 at 03:46pm
I got an offer from East Anglia today! They DAY AFTER! Quick no? It was my first choice as well. Ah, all I have to do now is actually get the grades.
IceHog69
Bulletproof Heart
IceHog69
December 12th, 2008 at 02:20pm
THISISNOTADRILL.:
I got an offer from East Anglia today! They DAY AFTER! Quick no? It was my first choice as well. Ah, all I have to do now is actually get the grades.
Clap well done, and good luck with that!
rockpapersuzi.
Always Born a Crime
rockpapersuzi.
December 13th, 2008 at 11:55pm
I still have to wait a little while until I can go to college. I'm halfway through my junior year in high school and I've already got it all planned out.
Fall of 2010, I will attend the University of Minnesota, Duluth and graduate with a Bachellor of Fine Arts (BFA) in Musical Theatre by 2014.
Sid
Salute You in Your Grave
Sid
December 16th, 2008 at 10:13pm
Kent:
THISISNOTADRILL.:
Clap well done, and good luck with that!

Heh, thanks Very Happy

When I checked my UCAS, I was all like Wow
lanee.
In The Murder Scene
lanee.
December 16th, 2008 at 10:53pm
University is currently making me want to rip all of my hair out and catch myself on fire.
samantha connolly
In The Murder Scene
samantha connolly
December 17th, 2008 at 07:56pm
Eponine:
I'm applying to Yale, Oxford, Cambridge, Tufts, Columbia, and University of Indianapolis. I'm pretty sure I can get into U of I. The others, probably not, I don't think my grades or good enough. I'm also thinking about going to school abroad in France, even if only for a year.
dude.
what are your grades and extracurricular activities like?
that's an insane list.
snow at christmas.
Crash Queen
snow at christmas.
December 19th, 2008 at 03:06pm
I'm floored.

so, if I get into the normal university, which I think I should be able to, since I get pretty good grades and go to a tough school, I'm into the art program.

that isn't the school I really want to go to, but it's not really a safety school either, it's in between.
and I was afraid I wouldn't get into anything besides schools that'd accept anyone who turned up with any kind of portfolio as long as they had it. I've never really had formal art training, so I've been totally freaked.

so yeah. guh.
Inactive profile
Killjoy
Inactive profile
December 19th, 2008 at 03:37pm
I'm Planning on going to college to study for a bacholor of veterinary science a.k.a. be a vet. If that plan falls through I'll just become an audio technition and persue my secret love of music. =]
Toki
Really Not Okay
Toki
December 21st, 2008 at 09:14pm
Unis I've applied to are: St Andrews, Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Nottingham and Exeter.

So far I've got an offer from Aberdeen which is my insurance choice, but it's a pretty cool uni - 500 years old!
robert plant.
Salute You in Your Grave
robert plant.
December 25th, 2008 at 12:25am
Yeah, I'm still a sophmore in high school, but I plan on receiving my MLS (Masters in Library Science). I'm stupid and I still have no idea what kind of schooling I need to get that.
MyMetalProphetMuse
Motor Baby
MyMetalProphetMuse
December 25th, 2008 at 04:56am
I like college...except that the food is a lil expensive...but I shouldn't fear because there is food places all around the college...including costco...whee...$2 slices of pizza and $.50 drinks.
arthur pendragon.
Crash Queen
arthur pendragon.
December 31st, 2008 at 12:20pm
I'm planning on applying to an english school maybe, but when i'm done with my a-levels in england, my mother is planning on moving to Ohio.
huh.
But i've always had an idea of studying abroad. I'd love to go to school in the US.
I'd like to go to UNLV, just because.
Although I want to go to the best school for the options I want to take.
I want to do creative writing, and Photography.
Photography is my main focus though. Other things can come after.
For me to study in america I have to get my f-1 visa, blah blah, so it'd take a while for it to be sorted out.
: D

Dana Way
Banned
Dana Way
December 31st, 2008 at 12:26pm
My major is Deaf Studies. I want to become a Sign Language interperter because I understand what Deaf and hard of hearing children go through me being hard of hearing. This semester I'm taking ASL 2 and two English classes. One for reading and one for writing.
on birds and glass
Always Born a Crime
on birds and glass
January 4th, 2009 at 02:19pm
I applied for University not too long ago. I applied for Psychology, Drama, and English at the University of Windsor. I'm still not sure what I want to go into, though.