Don't have an account? Create one!

College Students (or those planning to attend college)

AuthorMessage
sweetpea3674
Motor Baby
sweetpea3674
January 5th, 2009 at 11:06am
I'm planning on entering college as an English major. Once I've finished my core classes [first two years] I'll decide if I want to stay on to finish the English degree and write for a magazine or work for an editing/publishing company OR if I want to tranfer to SCAD in ATL and work on a graphic design degree so I can design pages for magazines and create album artwork.
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
January 5th, 2009 at 11:18am
I'm going to college in September, and I CAN'T wait. (:

I'm hoping to take English Lit&Lang, Business Studies, Media and Business.
dirty love.
In The Murder Scene
dirty love.
January 7th, 2009 at 04:06pm
I have a question for anyone who had/has to choose between staying at their current school, or going to college. (to do A Levels)

What have been the deciding factors, and was it an easy decision?
I'm really torn about whether to stay at my school's sixth form, or go to a college in town.
helli.heartbreak
Fabulous Killjoy
helli.heartbreak
January 8th, 2009 at 09:01am
advice.:

Never go to a private school unless you got a free ride or it's specific to your major. They drain all you money and i'm in more than $15,000 in debt from ONE semester. which is 4 months and the credits won't transfer to public colleges.

If the private school has a co-op program, look deeper into it because you can usually do the same thing at a public school for a lot cheaper and they're just not telling you because they want your money.
Ahead of the Curve
Always Born a Crime
Ahead of the Curve
January 9th, 2009 at 02:16pm
dynamite.:
I have a question for anyone who had/has to choose between staying at their current school, or going to college. (to do A Levels)

I'm really torn about whether to stay at my school's sixth form, or go to a college in town.

I'm going to another sixth form and not my schools, I really need a change and to meet new people, I also don't like the fact that my school only gives us talks on our sixth form and not others, so they can get stuffed when I go to another.
Probaly most importantly all the courses I want are at the other sixth forms
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
January 9th, 2009 at 02:21pm
dynamite.:

Weigh up the pro's and con's for each, that's what I did.
dirty love.
In The Murder Scene
dirty love.
January 9th, 2009 at 02:32pm
Thanks, guys<3
I took your advice, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to college.
I'm going to apply at my sixth form as well, in case I don't get in.
But I think I have a good chance, especially since I'm just doing A Levels and not a particular BTEC or NVQ course or whatever.

Slightly more difficult question, I have to write a personal statement, and I don't know where to start/how to make myself sound impressive without sounding cocky. Any tips?
idk. my bff jill?
Demolition Lover
idk. my bff jill?
January 9th, 2009 at 09:58pm
I really wanting to go to University of North Carolina at Charlotte. I haven't done much research on it yet,but it's a big and beautiful campus and they offer photography,which is what I'm planning on majoring in.

But,I'm just a freshman in high school so I've still got some time to decide.
certain romance
Thinking Happy Thoughts
certain romance
January 10th, 2009 at 06:13pm
im in second year, studying business and corporate law....can be boring and the accounting part is torture but the college nights out are awesome!!!
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
February 5th, 2009 at 11:56pm
Does anyone happen to go to Academy of Art Institute in San Fransisco? or any art school?

it's my dream to go to the art academy in San Fransisco, but my dad told me he'd like disown me because it would never get me a real job and I could never survive in the real wolrd and all this shit
Justanotherstar
Salute You in Your Grave
Justanotherstar
February 6th, 2009 at 08:45am
Ahhh college.
I hate hate hate it!!
Can't wait to leave in June Very Happy
bubble.
Demolition Lover
bubble.
February 6th, 2009 at 01:46pm
I am currently attending Yorkville School of Makeup and Esthetics
(It is a seperate campus from George Brown college but still considered within the college if that makes sense).
My only course for now is Professional Makeup.
I plan on being a certified makeup artist.
mcr_raven
Thinking Happy Thoughts
mcr_raven
February 19th, 2009 at 06:43pm
I'm a senior in High School and I was accepted by two colleges: Millersville Uni. and Penn State Abington. Right now I'm looking at Penn State as my decision, and I plan to major in Meteorology cow
m45tq
Awake and Unafraid
m45tq
February 19th, 2009 at 06:44pm
I really want to study music (percussion) at University of Ottawa for two years and then go to Humber College and do jazz drumming there. I'm so nervous for the future and all of that stuff.
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
February 20th, 2009 at 11:12pm
idk. my bff jill?:
I really wanting to go to University of North Carolina at Charlotte. I haven't done much research on it yet,but it's a big and beautiful campus and they offer photography,which is what I'm planning on majoring in.

lol cool my dad went there for a while, i think =] he dropped out though. his father died when he was a freshman =[ i like photography too, btw.

i'm not sure if i'm going to college or not though. i'm in 8th grade and they've been talking about it a lot in school. i've just been too down to think about future lately. i'm probably going to college though. my parents will probably force me to.
werard gay.
Crash Queen
werard gay.
February 20th, 2009 at 11:54pm
I'll be in college by June. I'll be studying in a university near at my home. ;D
...will be taking up medical technology. (:
keep on living.
Shotgun Sinner
keep on living.
February 28th, 2009 at 03:46am
i'm currently a sophomore in high school.
starting in the fall, i will be beginning a program which allows high school juniors and seniors to take free college courses at a local community college, essentially graduating with both a high school diploma and an associate's degree by the end of my senior year of high school.

i don't know what i'm majoring in yet, or what courses i'm taking.
all i know so far is that i passed the test to get in (:

i'm really excited to begin courses!!!
dirty love.
In The Murder Scene
dirty love.
February 28th, 2009 at 12:05pm
I have a college interview on monday. Very Happy
I'm happy I got the interview, but I'm scared I won't get the grades I need to get in.
Benniks
Jazz Hands
Benniks
March 29th, 2009 at 12:53pm
Is this topic on USA colleges, called Universities in the UK (from ages 18 - 22 typically), or college in the UK (ages 16 - 18 typically, after school finishes)? I'm thinking the first, but lots of people are reffering to UK college.

I'm currently at college (UK) studying Art and Design, finish in June. I'm then going to Plymouth Uni to study computing, if I acheive the grades nessecary. I'm really scared of moving away, I'm terrible being brave, therefore terrible at making friends. Anyone else at / going to Plymouth?
Seabirds.
Bleeding on the Floor
Seabirds.
March 29th, 2009 at 01:20pm
I'm going to college in September.
I don't really feel as excited as I should be about it.

I'm hoping to take English Language & Literature, Fine Art, Media and one other course that I haven't decided on yet.
I'm applying to two colleges, because I'm undecided as of yet.
The thing is, one college is out of town and my parents will have to pay a ridiculous amount of money for transport, but it has high pass rates and I much prefer it. However, the majority of my close friends are going to the other, which is nearer and therefore less money will be spent on transport, but in terms of pass rates, is lower than the other. =/
So, I'll have to think about it.