Don't have an account? Create one!

Tour Q&A.

AuthorMessage
Buffy Summers
Always Born a Crime
Buffy Summers
February 4th, 2007 at 07:27pm
Inked_Horror: Thank you very much for all your help. I think I'll try and get there around 11am or so.
And I'll try to keep my sister very close to me at all times. I think she's still a little nervous, but I'll take care of her Wink
the whack parade.
Demolition Lover
the whack parade.
February 4th, 2007 at 07:50pm
How early should I get there? Doors are at 6:30, but I wanna see if I have a chance of meeting them. Since at arena shows they barely come out after, wheres a good chance of spotting them?
haleybrooke
Bleeding on the Floor
haleybrooke
February 4th, 2007 at 09:13pm
MyChemicalAddiction:
Inked_Horror: Thank you very much for all your help. I think I'll try and get there around 11am or so.
And I'll try to keep my sister very close to me at all times. I think she's still a little nervous, but I'll take care of her Wink

Your very welcome. And, tell her not to be nervous. You guys'll have a blast. Wink
haleybrooke
Bleeding on the Floor
haleybrooke
February 4th, 2007 at 09:15pm
horror show.:
How early should I get there? Doors are at 6:30, but I wanna see if I have a chance of meeting them. Since at arena shows they barely come out after, wheres a good chance of spotting them?

Like I said before, before or around noon is good. And, about meeting them, it's much harder to do so at an arena, but I would try looking around the venue for tour buses. And, if there are any nearby stores, such as record stores, around then I would try looking there too. Hope that helps!
the whack parade.
Demolition Lover
the whack parade.
February 4th, 2007 at 09:23pm
Thanks so much!
I was considering skipping school [my shows on a tuesday unfortunately], but I'm not sure my parents would agree. Well, they wouldn't want their money gone to waste...
haleybrooke
Bleeding on the Floor
haleybrooke
February 4th, 2007 at 09:27pm
horror show.:
Thanks so much!
I was considering skipping school [my shows on a tuesday unfortunately], but I'm not sure my parents would agree. Well, they wouldn't want their money gone to waste...

Your welcome. Yeah, parents can be a problem sometimes when it comes to shows. Lol. But, try to get checked out early at least.
Demented
Killjoy
Demented
February 5th, 2007 at 02:51am
I'm kinda confused about the tickets...
How do I know which ones are GA or seated? I'd like to see them in May (the 20th in Vancouver) and tickets are for sale now. Dont know if its presale or whatever....so yeah....how do I know which ones are floor or seated?
Also...did you bring anything with you? like a backpack? or is it too much trouble?
electric soldier sam
Awake and Unafraid
electric soldier sam
February 5th, 2007 at 06:16am
So, I can't find any tickets on line anymore beause it took three days to convince my parents.
If there aren't any sales now, is there a chance I'll be able to get a ticket (By April 26)?
Mrs.Halloween
Salute You in Your Grave
Mrs.Halloween
February 5th, 2007 at 01:10pm
Demented:
I'm kinda confused about the tickets...
How do I know which ones are GA or seated? I'd like to see them in May (the 20th in Vancouver) and tickets are for sale now. Dont know if its presale or whatever....so yeah....how do I know which ones are floor or seated?
Also...did you bring anything with you? like a backpack? or is it too much trouble?

when you buy your ticket, you should be able to choose whether it will be general admission [standing] or seated. some shows don't do seated at all, so every ticket they sell is general admission. when you get the ticket, it should also say on it if it's GA or Seated, and then it will tell you what seat/area you're in.
i usually bring a bag with me. i'd advise bringing a small bag that you can sling over one shoulder, cause with backpacks, at a show that's really packed, people behind you can unzip it and go through your stuff, possibly stealing anything valuable. so i usually bring a small bag with a long strap that i can wear 'diagonally' [so to speak] and that way, you can carry the stuff you really need without fear of it getting lost if it's in your pockets and it would be far harder for anyone to steal your stuff if the bulk of your bag is around your hip-level.

Sam never saw blue:
So, I can't find any tickets on line anymore beause it took three days to convince my parents.
If there aren't any sales now, is there a chance I'll be able to get a ticket (By April 26)?

you can try looking on ebay, it somestimes has some but you may have to pay a lot of money for it on there.
alternatively you can go to the show on the night, and there are usually quite a few touts who have tickets and sell them to people on the night of the show. most of the time, touts at shows don't charge too much over what the actual ticket price is, but it all just depends.
chris pine.
Ghost in the Snow
chris pine.
February 5th, 2007 at 02:11pm
Does anyone know when ticketmaster is going to start selling tickets to the mcr concert for Columbus, Ohio on May 1?
Demented
Killjoy
Demented
February 5th, 2007 at 10:21pm
Thanks so much for the answer.
I also have another q. Is it better to buy tickets from ticketmaster or mychemicalromance.com ? Just wondering....
Demented
Killjoy
Demented
February 5th, 2007 at 10:28pm
^^^^^^^ on the MCR website, tickets are cheaper but I think that I also need to pay for shipping.....
Mrs.Halloween
Salute You in Your Grave
Mrs.Halloween
February 6th, 2007 at 11:36am
np. =].
uhh, well it's really up to you. in either case the cost of shipping/postage will more than likely be in the total amount.
even though you can get them off mychemicalromance.com, ticketmaster is a very reliable place to buy them. so go for whichever one you want. i shouldn't think there would be a difference.
rajthefish
Killjoy
rajthefish
February 7th, 2007 at 05:29pm
Does anyone happen to know if there will be a presale password?
And what is it if there is one?
Thanks Rolling Eyes
DisenchantedPhantom
Thinking Happy Thoughts
DisenchantedPhantom
February 7th, 2007 at 07:41pm
Hey!
I am going to my first MCR Concert May 22nd. Yea, I'm excited. Plus it is the last show of the second leg of their tour, so I'm hoping they will go out with a BANG!
I was just wondering what to expect, besides getting my socks rocked off, of course. LOL
Any ways, the Memorial Colisum is pretty huge, like, 11,000 people can fit in there.... So I was wondering:
Do they do a meet and greet before or after a show that big?
And would it be safe to bring my digital camera and wear my glasses. I have GA floor, standing room only, and that would suck if something got broken in the pit...
The doors open at 6:30, but how long does the show last? I need to know so I can plan my transportation back home.

Any other helpful info you guys can impart to me would be great too!
Thanks Dance
DisenchantedPhantom
Thinking Happy Thoughts
DisenchantedPhantom
February 7th, 2007 at 07:41pm
rajthefish:
Does anyone happen to know if there will be a presale password?
And what is it if there is one?
Thanks Rolling Eyes

To get the password, you have to create an account. They send it to you in an email, and you use that account to buy tix.
rajthefish
Killjoy
rajthefish
February 8th, 2007 at 08:20am
I know that one. Is there a ticketmaster pre sale password?
Mrs.Halloween
Salute You in Your Grave
Mrs.Halloween
February 8th, 2007 at 03:03pm
DisenchantedPhantom:
Hey!
I am going to my first MCR Concert May 22nd. Yea, I'm excited. Plus it is the last show of the second leg of their tour, so I'm hoping they will go out with a BANG!
I was just wondering what to expect, besides getting my socks rocked off, of course. LOL
Any ways, the Memorial Colisum is pretty huge, like, 11,000 people can fit in there.... So I was wondering:
And would it be safe to bring my digital camera and wear my glasses. I have GA floor, standing room only, and that would suck if something got broken in the pit...
The doors open at 6:30, but how long does the show last? I need to know so I can plan my transportation back home.

Thanks Dance

they might do a meet and greet, it all depends. you'll probably know beforehand if they're going to.

at some venues, they don't allow digital cameras [because they can record videoes these days], so if you really want to bring it, you'd be better checking with the venue beforehand and see what their policy on cameras is. if it was me, i'd be apprehensive to bring an expensive digital camera to a gig, even if i was allowed to because i'd worry it'd get damaged or stolen. it's not highly likely, but it's possible.
i'd advise buying a good quality disposable camera with a flash, and that way, if you get to the door, they search you, and they tell you you're not allowed to bring cameras in, you're not risking getting your digital one taken off you and if you lose it/damage it during the show, you've only lost a few pounds on a cheap camera you bought.
i went to a mcr show last year and i was advised by some people not to wear my glasses, to get contacts, but i wore them and i was perfectly fine. the crowd was pretty bad at that mcr show and i've been to rougher shows since and my glasses have never realy caused me much trouble. so really, it's your own choice, i wouldn't worry too much about glasses though.

if the doors open at about 6:30, i'd assume, with support, maybe it would end at about 10:30pm/11pm. something like that.

if you're bringing a bag, try bringing a low shoulder bag that you can sling across you. wearing a rucksack type bag [backpack] can make it easier for people to steal your stuff during the show, because it's so tightly packed.
if you get near the front, stay to either the left or the right, where it's less rough. being in the middle, a few rows back isn't so great, it's where most people push. and then things get uncomfortable.
if someone pushes you, pulls your hair, pinches you, shoves you, push them right back. make sure that if someone does that they know that you're not going to stand for them pushing you around! =].
and if you're going with someone, there's a good chance you'll get split up, so arrange beforehand for a place to meet up, at the end of the show, incase you lose track of each other.

hope that all helps. Smile.
DisenchantedPhantom
Thinking Happy Thoughts
DisenchantedPhantom
February 8th, 2007 at 04:44pm
rajthefish:
I know that one. Is there a ticketmaster pre sale password?

The only pre sale is through Ducat King, who gets the tickets directly from the band. Ticketmaster doesn't do pre sales as far as I know...
DisenchantedPhantom
Thinking Happy Thoughts
DisenchantedPhantom
February 8th, 2007 at 04:46pm
Mrs.Halloween:
DisenchantedPhantom:
Hey!

Thanks Dance

they might do a meet and greet, it all depends. you'll probably know beforehand if they're going to.

at some venues, they don't allow digital cameras [because they can record videoes these days], so if you really want to bring it, you'd be better checking with the venue beforehand and see what their policy on cameras is. if it was me, i'd be apprehensive to bring an expensive digital camera to a gig, even if i was allowed to because i'd worry it'd get damaged or stolen. it's not highly likely, but it's possible.
i'd advise buying a good quality disposable camera with a flash, and that way, if you get to the door, they search you, and they tell you you're not allowed to bring cameras in, you're not risking getting your digital one taken off you and if you lose it/damage it during the show, you've only lost a few pounds on a cheap camera you bought.
i went to a mcr show last year and i was advised by some people not to wear my glasses, to get contacts, but i wore them and i was perfectly fine. the crowd was pretty bad at that mcr show and i've been to rougher shows since and my glasses have never realy caused me much trouble. so really, it's your own choice, i wouldn't worry too much about glasses though.

if the doors open at about 6:30, i'd assume, with support, maybe it would end at about 10:30pm/11pm. something like that.

if you're bringing a bag, try bringing a low shoulder bag that you can sling across you. wearing a rucksack type bag [backpack] can make it easier for people to steal your stuff during the show, because it's so tightly packed.
if you get near the front, stay to either the left or the right, where it's less rough. being in the middle, a few rows back isn't so great, it's where most people push. and then things get uncomfortable.
if someone pushes you, pulls your hair, pinches you, shoves you, push them right back. make sure that if someone does that they know that you're not going to stand for them pushing you around! =].
and if you're going with someone, there's a good chance you'll get split up, so arrange beforehand for a place to meet up, at the end of the show, incase you lose track of each other.

hope that all helps. Smile.

Thanks. It does. I can't wait. YEA!!!!! Dance