Don't have an account? Create one!

Cemetery Drive

AuthorMessage
karah
Killjoy
karah
February 28th, 2007 at 09:17pm
okay so i've read every post for the meaning of this song and ppl seem to be depating between the friend who killed herself or adultry. i just want to say that songs can have more than one meaning. maybe he used adultry as a type of metaphor for her death of compared the two or something.
chea4
Killjoy
chea4
March 17th, 2007 at 10:19am
i think it is about someone wife who killed her self to make her husbane depressed or summet like that
dEMoLITIOnXXLOvErXX
Killjoy
dEMoLITIOnXXLOvErXX
March 17th, 2007 at 10:53am
i love this song and i think it may be about his friend who commited suicide because three cheers was dedicated to helena AND a woman called maria jose santos an that may be his friend who commited suicide!!! Ha ha i am smart for once!!! xD
Dr. Manhattan
Bleeding on the Floor
Dr. Manhattan
March 28th, 2007 at 05:56pm
three words:

suicide
love
lust
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
March 29th, 2007 at 02:22am
Where has all this adultery business come from? I heard that this was about his grandmother, and/or a good friend. The husband was mentioned, but I figured that was to imply what a jerk he is, and thus how miserable the deceased had been.

Oh, and that link to immortality project was very helpful to hear the "don't do it"s; thank you, Stigmatized Firith. It seems to occur only during the second verse, that I could hear, anyway...

Is the "way down" referring to the burial, I wonder? Or hell? I am a little unsure about that.
MCR_saved_me
Killjoy
MCR_saved_me
March 30th, 2007 at 11:09pm
i dont know the meaning but in the mittle of the song before he says ''dont do it''
heg says ''are you there at all? Do you care at all? are you their at all?'' i was just listing 2 the song and i thought i was going insain when i heard it plz tell me yall heard it too or i need to get to the pillow room now do any of yall have a stright jacket?? @_o
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
March 31st, 2007 at 02:59am
Hey, yeah--I hear it, too. But it's right before the "don't do it," not after.
MCR_saved_me
Killjoy
MCR_saved_me
March 31st, 2007 at 12:24pm
woo hoo im not insane ^_^ yay
imeanthis_4ever
Killjoy
imeanthis_4ever
April 1st, 2007 at 02:11am
going with the concept of the record, i think that the guy comes back from the dead as a ghost, so his lover can't see him. she's unhappy with her marriage in the dress your husband hates. [i actually think that she's forced into marriage by the guy's murderer, see "it's not a fashion statement..." for details], & misses her former lover & possibly feels guilty for getting re-married, so she kills herself right before the guy comes back fully human & he kisses her as she dies And the collision of your kiss that made it so hard.

this reminds me of romeo & juliet, with the whole bad-timing thing & one person thinking that the other is dead & killing themself but they're actually NOT dead. also the line Is this what you always want me for? makes me think that he's talking to either God or the Devil, which is like when romeo says "oh, i am fortune's fool!"

yeah i'm probably way off..but that's what i think.
Gerard_LoverXx
Killjoy
Gerard_LoverXx
April 1st, 2007 at 02:19pm
Im pretty sure Cemetery Drive is about Gerard's girl friend cheating on him, and then killing herself, because this was a very personal song to Gerard...
Brian Schechter
Banned
Brian Schechter
April 5th, 2007 at 06:37pm
i think this is where maria santos comes in.

she killed her self when they left for tour :[
firephoenix0013
Killjoy
firephoenix0013
April 6th, 2007 at 11:45am
Where's the "don't do" it part? I've been listening to it and can't find it
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
April 7th, 2007 at 02:19am
firephoenix0013:
Where's the "don't do" it part? I've been listening to it and can't find it

At the very beginning of the second verse, the "don't do it"'s begin; they're very quiet, but you can hear them between words. You could go to theimmortalityproject.com and download the stripped version, to hear the song without the main lyrics, to hear it better.
firephoenix0013
Killjoy
firephoenix0013
April 9th, 2007 at 06:27pm
OneMoreNight-sammy:
ok well i think this song is definetly about a wfise cheating on her husband buit i also belive it has a lil to do with gee's friend so yeah <3
I agree with the first part, but Skylines and Turnstiles was the first song Gerard wrote for My Chemical Romance.
firephoenix0013
Killjoy
firephoenix0013
April 9th, 2007 at 06:28pm
oops copied the wrong thing.
Anyway what I was going to copy was the thing mcrbitch25 wrote on page 2
LifeOnStandby
Motor Baby
LifeOnStandby
April 10th, 2007 at 11:10pm
imeanthis_4ever:
going with the concept of the record, i think that the guy comes back from the dead as a ghost, so his lover can't see him. she's unhappy with her marriage in the dress your husband hates. [i actually think that she's forced into marriage by the guy's murderer, see "it's not a fashion statement..." for details], & misses her former lover & possibly feels guilty for getting re-married, so she kills herself right before the guy comes back fully human & he kisses her as she dies And the collision of your kiss that made it so hard.

this reminds me of romeo & juliet, with the whole bad-timing thing & one person thinking that the other is dead & killing themself but they're actually NOT dead. also the line Is this what you always want me for? makes me think that he's talking to either God or the Devil, which is like when romeo says "oh, i am fortune's fool!"

yeah i'm probably way off..but that's what i think.

WOW! someone who finnaly has the same idea that i've always had. I always thought "is this what you always want me for" as like, did u always want me as a wife to be here when you dont really want me type of thing. Thanks for clearly presenting, makes me think more indepth when i was earlier second doubting my translation, which is similar but not as thought out as yours. Wink
imeanthis_4ever
Killjoy
imeanthis_4ever
April 12th, 2007 at 05:46pm
LifeOnStandby:

WOW! someone who finnaly has the same idea that i've always had. I always thought "is this what you always want me for" as like, did u always want me as a wife to be here when you dont really want me type of thing. Thanks for clearly presenting, makes me think more indepth when i was earlier second doubting my translation, which is similar but not as thought out as yours. Wink

thanks! you had the same idea? that's awesome! what can i say, i'm a nerd, i love to analyze things.
LifeOnStandby
Motor Baby
LifeOnStandby
April 12th, 2007 at 09:28pm
Yeah i started the huge debate on blood, and one of my close friends is always like "bullshit its just a fun song."
paska
Always Born a Crime
paska
April 14th, 2007 at 02:23pm
MCR_saved_me:
i dont know the meaning but in the mittle of the song before he says ''dont do it''
heg says ''are you there at all? Do you care at all? are you their at all?'' i was just listing 2 the song and i thought i was going insain when i heard it plz tell me yall heard it too or i need to get to the pillow room now do any of yall have a stright jacket?? @_o

Yes, I heard it too. And it every time makes me cry. I don't even know why. It's just so touhing.
Brain damage
Salute You in Your Grave
Brain damage
April 18th, 2007 at 08:02pm
ofcorse the song is about a whoman cheating on her husband and cant life with the cilt and takes her own life !
but .. i read that it's about mickeys and gerards friend who whas deprest and comited suciside ,,

i miss you,,