Don't have an account? Create one!

Cemetery Drive

AuthorMessage
firephoenix0013
Killjoy
firephoenix0013
April 21st, 2007 at 12:12pm
I don't think it has anything to do with adultrey or cheating. On LOTMS, Gerard starts Cemetery Drive by saying, "This song is about the hardest drive me, and Mikey, and my band have ever went on." I agree with anyone who says it's about Maria.

The thing about "the dress your husband hates" may mean Maria was married. (NOT to any of the band members, duh) Also the husband probably loved her and hated her funeral gown.
The first verse may be reflecting on him visiting her grave at one point.
The part of the chorus that says "and the collision of your kiss" probably means she kissed him on the cheek before he left. Saying the word kiss doesn't have to mean on the mouth.
"Back home, off the run" - she may have run away from home at some point
"staring down a loaded gun" - shot herself
"so i won't stop dying, won't stop lying, if you want i'll keep on crying" - he's dying inside because of her death. He's trying to lie to himself because he can't quite accept the fact she's gone.
"way down" - refers to the fact that she's gone and buried under the ground
I'mThatLoserKid
Killjoy
I'mThatLoserKid
April 25th, 2007 at 12:30am
The song was written about a friend of Gerard and Mikey's, who committed suicide just days before MCR left for their first tour. She allegedly shot herself in her bathroom, and Gerard wrote this song about her while he was grieving.
Xxhopeless_heartsxX
Really Not Okay
Xxhopeless_heartsxX
April 25th, 2007 at 07:18am
i cant hear the 'dont do its' ??????? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 ive listened twice. i must be deaf.....
Craig Owens
Bleeding on the Floor
Craig Owens
April 25th, 2007 at 06:26pm
Hm....random thought but, I always kinda interpreted "way down" to reference to himself (Gerard) since the song has a deep meaning to him and all. Does that make sense?
Xxhopeless_heartsxX
Really Not Okay
Xxhopeless_heartsxX
April 26th, 2007 at 01:26pm
vamatelf:
Hm....random thought but, I always kinda interpreted "way down" to reference to himself (Gerard) since the song has a deep meaning to him and all. Does that make sense?

yes it makes sense. i thought that too. i just thought it was my own crazy interpretation, thank god someone agrees. Very Happy
the.ghost.of.you
Killjoy
the.ghost.of.you
April 27th, 2007 at 08:22am
Yes. Well I believe the 2nd theory. That Gerard and Mikey's friend had suicided and they found her on the bathroom floor with slit wrists. The song may be a tribute to this girl and that Gerard misses her. And he is saying it made things hard and saying "Did you get what you deserve, Is this what you always want me for?" was indicating she may have been close. Although I am only 13 I do know quite a bit of what my opinion might be. Go to my Profile!! Crying or Very sad
the.ghost.of.you
Killjoy
the.ghost.of.you
April 27th, 2007 at 08:26am
I also think that how he explains " drinking by the mozzeling* door" would interperut that they used alcahol as a pain killer after she died. If thismakes any sense at all. Comment.
mcr--freak
Killjoy
mcr--freak
April 27th, 2007 at 08:34am
the.ghost.of.you:
I also think that how he explains " drinking by the mozzeling* door" would interperut that they used alcahol as a pain killer after she died. If thismakes any sense at all. Comment.

Sad thatz sad man....
Meeshell
Awake and Unafraid
Meeshell
April 27th, 2007 at 10:39pm
i agree with all of you because as it says in the first few lines of the song "in the dress your HUSBAND hates" she must be cheating and yes, she kills herself, i think overdose, myself, and yes, someone misses her very much. its my fave song...listenin to it now.....
the.reaper.wore.pink
Motor Baby
the.reaper.wore.pink
May 7th, 2007 at 07:41am
wait...i thought it was mausoleum door??
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
May 7th, 2007 at 04:04pm
It is mausoleum door. I figured "mozzeling" was just bad spelling.
Your.Guardian.Angel.
Jazz Hands
Your.Guardian.Angel.
May 8th, 2007 at 03:19pm
I think this is about someone the band knew who ended up killing herself after they left...I mean, think of it that way and the lyrics make so much sense...But I figure stating that now is pretty pointless... I really like the whispering in this song though; the "Don't do it"s and the "Are you there? Do you care?"s...they really add depth and suprisingly more meaning to the song.
X_CanYouHearMe_X
Killjoy
X_CanYouHearMe_X
May 12th, 2007 at 02:07pm
Fuck..I can't hear the "don't do it" part..I just keep listening...
Catastrophic Dreams
Jazz Hands
Catastrophic Dreams
May 13th, 2007 at 12:43pm
I think it's about a wife cheating in her husband with a close friend and then she desides to kill herself
xImnotokay_trustmex
Killjoy
xImnotokay_trustmex
May 15th, 2007 at 04:02pm
I almost thought that Mikey and Gerard's friend ?(who the song could be about, cos she commited suicide) cheated on her husband WITH Gerard... but that seems farfetched and unlike Gerard. Or maybe we just Hope Gerard's not like that. Cos it really seems like he's in love with the woman in the song..
Catastrophic Dreams
Jazz Hands
Catastrophic Dreams
May 15th, 2007 at 04:41pm
xImnotokay_trustmex:
I almost thought that Mikey and Gerard's friend ?(who the song could be about, cos she commited suicide) cheated on her husband WITH Gerard... but that seems farfetched and unlike Gerard. Or maybe we just Hope Gerard's not like that. Cos it really seems like he's in love with the woman in the song..
well he is mourning her death and i did hear it was about gerard and his friend
the.reaper.wore.pink
Motor Baby
the.reaper.wore.pink
May 16th, 2007 at 05:27am
X_CanYouHearMe_X:
Fuck..I can't hear the "don't do it" part..I just keep listening...

me too! i'm so deaf...i'm starting to feel sorry for myself
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
May 16th, 2007 at 02:32pm
Okay, peeps--the "Don't do it" begins immediately after the first chorus. Just as Gee sings, "Back home, off the run," you can hear very softly, mostly just the "doo, du doo." It's very faint, and you'll have to pick it out between the words of Verse 2.
thnkhppythghts13
Killjoy
thnkhppythghts13
May 16th, 2007 at 08:14pm
i never knew it said "dont do it" that makes me freaked out... i gotta go listen

i really think its something dark like the aldultery, and the women maybe confesses and her husband doesn't take it and she kills herself cuz he neglets (sp?) her after
thnkhppythghts13
Killjoy
thnkhppythghts13
May 16th, 2007 at 08:15pm
xImnotokay_trustmex:

hmmmmm i heard that it was his friend too.........
maybe that did happen!
HOW DARE GERARD! jk