Don't have an account? Create one!

Cemetery Drive

AuthorMessage
thnkhppythghts13
Killjoy
thnkhppythghts13
May 16th, 2007 at 08:18pm
VampireInTheCemetary:
The song was written about a friend of Gerard and Mikey's, who committed suicide just days before MCR left for their first tour. She allegedly shot herself in her bathroom, and Gerard wrote this song about her while he was grieving.

hmmmmm good thought
i bet you that might be it
total.wreck-
Killjoy
total.wreck-
May 18th, 2007 at 07:57pm
The "don't do it" part sounds really slurred in the background, no wonder somepeople are missing it.
Xxhopeless_heartsxX
Really Not Okay
Xxhopeless_heartsxX
May 26th, 2007 at 11:18am
i finally heard the dont do its. it adds to the depressing factor of the song... its still awesome though
Anna_MCR
Killjoy
Anna_MCR
May 27th, 2007 at 09:53pm
Dujo:
-

has anyone heard the HIDEN VERSION of cemetery dirve???
... did you know that during the 2nd verse frank and ray sing in the back round 'dont do it dont do it dont' ??? its true!!!
Xxhopeless_heartsxX
Really Not Okay
Xxhopeless_heartsxX
May 31st, 2007 at 07:30am
hidden version??????????? o_O
KN!VES
Joining The Black Parade
KN!VES
May 31st, 2007 at 02:42pm
Contrary to the belief that it was a friend of both Gerard and Mikey, wasn't it a girlfriend Gerard had in college, while he was still studying art? The lyric "And the collision of your kiss that made it so hard" pushes a romantic relationship, and I doubt Mikey and Gerard would have had a romance with a female friend of theirs.
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
June 1st, 2007 at 02:43am
KN!VES:
Contrary to the belief that it was a friend of both Gerard and Mikey, wasn't it a girlfriend Gerard had in college, while he was still studying art? The lyric "And the collision of your kiss that made it so hard" pushes a romantic relationship, and I doubt Mikey and Gerard would have had a romance with a female friend of theirs.

Well, I wonder if perhaps it is indeed partially about a friend, but the "kiss" bit could be reference to the Demolition Lovers. I believe the song could pertain to both.
Freaxx
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Freaxx
June 2nd, 2007 at 12:30am
I think that it is about a woman who cheated on her husband/boyfriend then he found out and got really mad at her then started abusing her so she decided to commit suicide in her bathroom.
Xxhopeless_heartsxX
Really Not Okay
Xxhopeless_heartsxX
June 2nd, 2007 at 02:55pm
KN!VES:

yeah i agree with that idea, gerard and mikey really dont seem the type to do that with a friend.
Xxhopeless_heartsxX
Really Not Okay
Xxhopeless_heartsxX
June 2nd, 2007 at 02:55pm
KN!VES:

yeah i agree with that idea, gerard and mikey really dont seem the type to do that with a friend.

(sorry about the repeat post)
CemeteryDrivePassion
Killjoy
CemeteryDrivePassion
June 3rd, 2007 at 10:38pm
Personally i believe this song is from the husband`s point of view. My version is the wife tells her husband she has been cheating on him and she cant live with the shame so she comitts suicide.

I miss you, I miss you so far
And the collision of your kiss that made it so hard

Back home, off the run
Singing songs that make you slit your wrists
It isn't that much fun, staring down a loaded gun
So I won't stop dying, won't stop lying
If you want I'll keep on crying
Did you get what you deserve?
Is this what you always want me for?

it seems like the husband is saying it doesnt matter what she did he just wants her back and he is crying about it
after all this is just what i have thought about the song feel free to message and discuss it
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
June 9th, 2007 at 12:12am
it's not about a chick cheating, gerard siad in an interview it was about his and mikeys friend who commited suicide. he's hoping this song can help people relize how hurt their friends are if they commit suiside, thats why in the background they say don't do it. and then it says "do you care at all?are you there at all" they want to helpand save lives. this song hands down saved mine.
stitches
Fabulous Killjoy
stitches
June 9th, 2007 at 12:40pm
you know the 'dont do it' part? i've been trying so hard to hear it for the past few years and i still can't hear it! grrs. i think it's about adultery but i feel that the guy whom she committed adultery with thinks that she's only having an affair with him for her own sake but despite knowing the truth he still misses her.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
June 9th, 2007 at 10:00pm
i think when it saws"and the collision of your kiss that made it so hard" maybe about meeting her, cause in a way a its a collision to meet someone cause you never know what might possibley happen between you two, and in some countrie its costumery to kiss a girls hand when you first meet
BroKeN_DeFeaTEdX
Jazz Hands
BroKeN_DeFeaTEdX
June 13th, 2007 at 06:31pm
Well what i thought it meant was about a girl he was very close to, and one day commit suicide and found her on her bathroom floor " they found you on the bathroom floor" and maybe it is about a girl but they seem to be writing a lot of their songs about a girl (i think) dying or leaving gerard, having him write songs with words like " i miss you" and other lyrics not in revenge but also it seems to appear on TBP =]
mychemicalromanceist
Killjoy
mychemicalromanceist
June 13th, 2007 at 07:57pm
gerard said at a concert i went to that is was about when him and mikey got lost and found an interesting road.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
June 13th, 2007 at 08:11pm
^ he said himself, if somethings very personal and its in a song he sometimes makes up shit. helena is about his grandmas death though
winchester.
Touched by Angels
winchester.
June 14th, 2007 at 08:51pm
i listened to it thismoringing on the way to school and i was thinking it was like totally me like he gave her another chance and he blew it now he doesnt want her back and he is saying it her fault and stuff
the same thing happened to me yesterday but we were only friends so yer
kind of hurt me listening to it
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
June 14th, 2007 at 10:23pm
it was funny, me and my best friend ever who has been for years, one night at a school thing we kissed, and alot of people saw. he got pissed at me and we stopped talking, he was like my only actual frien dat the time and when i lost him i got really suicidal then i got this cd like a week before my planned death date and this song was almost identical to what happened and it saved me.
winchester.
Touched by Angels
winchester.
June 14th, 2007 at 10:48pm
thats like with me i was like whoa O.O when i heard it thismorning it like a slap in the fucking face