Don't have an account? Create one!

Cemetery Drive

AuthorMessage
Thank You; Mr. Way
Salute You in Your Grave
Thank You; Mr. Way
November 17th, 2007 at 02:57am
It's obviously a song about giant marshmallows taking over the world and enslaving us all into building massive monuments to their supreme marshmallow-yness. There shall be FIRE and BRIMSTONE!!! BRIMSTONE PEOPLE, BRIMSTONE!!.... no sorry, I'm lying....

I thought it was about their Grandama's funeral... ~shrug~
Radio Saturday
Salute You in Your Grave
Radio Saturday
November 18th, 2007 at 04:51am
I have to say, this song always reminds me of my friends...

Most of them live very far away from me, and when I'm away from them, I always wish I could just go out and scream "I MISS YOU!" and have them hear it and come to me.

</lame>

Seriously, I've heard it's about Gerard's friend who committed suicide, but I think it also works within the story of the Demolition Lovers. I think it's the guy taking about how much he loves the girl, and remembering a beautiful night they had together in a cemetery.

But I also like the theory about the guy killing his whore of a wife.

I don't know. I think it can be all of them. It depends on your state of mind, I guess.
Lightning Zap
Motor Baby
Lightning Zap
December 7th, 2007 at 06:47am
I heard it was about Bert's old fiancee who was pregnant when she killed herself - it makes sense seeing as though at the time of this song being written Gerard and Bert were friends, hence they would've been familiar with one another's significant others. Also, the band could've written it as a way to signify their friendship and support for Bert in the tough time...?
Harlequinn
Salute You in Your Grave
Harlequinn
January 4th, 2008 at 01:21pm
TheBlower'sDaughter:
BeastxInxRepose:
pretty sure this is not a dupe. and it kinda freaked me out. listen to this stripped version i found on The Immortality Project.

http://www.theimmortalityproject.com/forum/showthread.php?t=524

^go here and scroll about a third of the way down, there are the words to what he is saying.

http://www.theimmortalityproject.com/fansite/mp3s/My%20Chemical%20Romance%20-%20Cemetery%20Drive%20(No%20Lyrics).zip

^click there to listen

Shocked

That's from the "Hidden message" thread... someone found it on theimmortalityproject.com
hope it works!!!! ^_^

wow
Im Not Okay!!
Killjoy
Im Not Okay!!
January 27th, 2008 at 03:37pm
omg the meaning of the song is sooo sad ...
tattooed lovers.
Motor Baby
tattooed lovers.
January 29th, 2008 at 04:19pm
Well, I think it's about how you feel when someone commits suicide.
My father committed suicide, and I felt guilty, sad, and angry.
I think this song has all those emotions.
"So I won't stop dying, won't stop lying, if you want I'll keep on crying. Did you get what you deserve? Is this what you always want me for?"
You feel angry at the person who was always doing this to you. You wondered if they wanted sympathy, attention, pity. Sometimes I feel like it's shameful to have a father who killed himself, and I think that's what 'I won't stop lying' means in it.
"It isn't that much fun.. staring down a loaded gun."
They don't want them to do it, obviously.
"Don't do it, don't do it." Ha, same old MCR, helping their fans out. <3 MCR doesn't want their fans to harm themselves, so.. yeah.
I love this song so much, by the way. I also don't see why no one heard the 'don't do it's, I heard them right away. x)
Addabitty
Joining The Black Parade
Addabitty
January 29th, 2008 at 05:42pm
I had to listen to the stripped version before I heard the "don't do it"s, and now I can't stop hearing them. Also, when he sings, "Are you there at all? Do you care at all? Are you there at all?" has anyone noticed that it sounds almost exactly like some of the notes in Helena ("Can we pretend to leave and then..." )?
LeATHERMOUTH.
Salute You in Your Grave
LeATHERMOUTH.
February 1st, 2008 at 12:26pm
I read that this song is about a female friend that Gerard and Mikey had and a couple days before their first tour, she was found in her bathroom having shot herself in the head. I don't know for sure if it's true, but as i said, I read it somewhere so it might not be.
cemetaryprotestlead
Killjoy
cemetaryprotestlead
February 1st, 2008 at 02:30pm
This song has to be about a girl who kills herself because of an abusive husband who also cheated on her. " In the dress your husband hates" - he's controlling " I miss you SO FAR" meaning he misses her, but because of his abusive nature, he almost doesn't.
samsparrow
Killjoy
samsparrow
February 3rd, 2008 at 03:23pm
Have any of you guys ever hear the hidden messages in this song? They make my skin crawl. I saw somewhere else on this site that mentioned them at the end of the song, but I heard a lot more than that. What sound like Ray's parts are actually just Gerard, like the back up way downs (which are not really way downs) at the end of the song. The second verse just freaked me out.
cemetaryprotestlead
Killjoy
cemetaryprotestlead
February 3rd, 2008 at 08:42pm
what hidden messages, I haven't heard that. Uh, anyone got some details on that, that CrAzYsHiZzNeTs! with peanuts
cemetaryprotestlead
Killjoy
cemetaryprotestlead
February 15th, 2008 at 02:33am
Oh snaps I heard them.................. creepy dope 4 cereal lol. Nvr noticed that
Brenny Boo
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Brenny Boo
February 15th, 2008 at 05:47am
It seems that,that is what cemetery drive is about.
A woman cheating on her husband it explains it in the song when they say 'in the dress your husband hates' And its like they are trying to run away together but somebody is looking for then when they say 'the search lights find us drinking by the mausoleum door' And maybe she's trying to commit suicide when they say 'they found you on the bathroom floor.' And when they say 'Back home of the run singing songs that make you slit your wrists it isn't that much fun staring down a loaded gun' Its like before when they were together she always thought of suicide.And in the part they say 'I wont stop trying,wont stop lying,if you want I'll keep on crying' Its like the man wants to be with her no matter what so he wont stop trying to be with her.

So I think thats the important part of the story.I LOVE THIS SONG!
Holly Way
Jazz Hands
Holly Way
March 2nd, 2008 at 10:42pm
Rachelle_5:
now I have to listen to it. I never heard the "don't do it" part before.

LOL!! i did the same thing
Switchblade Saint
Salute You in Your Grave
Switchblade Saint
March 4th, 2008 at 02:56am
Yeahhh i heard the 'dont do its'! wow now i'm ...not creeped out, but weird thrill u get when u hear a hidden message for the first time.

so its basically a personal anti-suicide message hidden in another non-personal story abt suicide?
pushups in drag.
Killjoy
pushups in drag.
March 20th, 2008 at 05:12am
wow, i never actually thought how much this song meant. i thought it was just a straight out story, like she was cheating then killed herslf. obviously, its still about that maybe, but i didnt hear the "dont do it" til now. this is actually one of my favourites, i never, ever tire of it, its amazing!
Smile
xdemolition-loversx
Thinking Happy Thoughts
xdemolition-loversx
March 20th, 2008 at 03:48pm
EsquisiteCorpse.:
Bury_Me_In _Black:
OBVIOUSLY
this is about a woman cheating on her husband
And ends up killing herself

Yeah.
That's why in the background you can hear him say "don't do it" over and over again.
Cause he doesn't wan her to kill herself.
whoa, never knew that was there
now that i listen i hear is very faintly
thanks for mentioning that :]
defunct
Killjoy
defunct
March 24th, 2008 at 09:43am
um... my definition of the song is like, way different
i think its about all those kids in the world who are lonely and um... stagnanat(?)
i think the "cheater" stuff is mundane... and even if gerard himself says that whatever you guys think is true, i still wont agree because i think its better this way

p.s.-not emo girls though
BlueOnesHelpMeFall
Killjoy
BlueOnesHelpMeFall
March 31st, 2008 at 07:37pm
I Dunno If This Is True But My Mate told Me That It's About One OF His Friends That Killed Herself. But I'm Not Sure.

Oh Yeah And My Other Mate Told Me About The "Don't Do It" Part On The Way Home From Their Concert In Auckland, It Creeps Me Out Whenevr I Hear That Song Now. But I Still Love It So Much.
<3
BlueOnesHelpMeFall
Killjoy
BlueOnesHelpMeFall
March 31st, 2008 at 07:40pm
So I won't stop dying, won't stop lying (are you there at all?) <--These Parts Are Like Really Faint, It Gives Me The Fucken Chills!

If you want I'll keep on crying (do you care at all?)

Did you get what you deserve? (are you there at all?)