Don't have an account? Create one!

Cemetery Drive

AuthorMessage
I'M NOT OKAY!!!!!!!!
Killjoy
I'M NOT OKAY!!!!!!!!
April 12th, 2008 at 01:14pm
Its about a woman who comitted suicide and gerard hates her pretty much for doing it.
Starless.Eyes.
Killjoy
Starless.Eyes.
April 12th, 2008 at 09:03pm
What is he saying in the stripped down version?
The link from a few pages back wont work for me...
maxim bemis.
Crash Queen
maxim bemis.
April 17th, 2008 at 01:18am
I think this is one of those songs you can interpret in many ways. I interpret like this, but it probably has a different meaning to Gerard and many of you.

I think this song is about a guy [we'll call him George] dating a girl [we'll call her Lucy], but she is married, [''In the Dress Your Husband Hates,''] and is sick of trying to keep things from her husband and George. She wants to end things but isn't sure how, and decides on suicide.

When George is in Lucy's house he sees a note, explaining what she was planning to do, where and when it is going to happen. He decides on following her that night.

So on a dark night, Lucy goes down to the local cemetery - ''In a solitary style'' . When Lucy is standing outside the mausoleum, George is snooping around trying to find her. Finally he does, and she acts like she was 'paying a visit to her great aunt Ann', lets say.

Lucy planned to kill herself by drinking until she was no longer able to tell wrong from right, and inject drugs. So, as she has a few bottles of vodka, she decides to make things look more casual, social, friendly. She offers George a drink, hiding the needle, in the hope that he'd be too drunk to tell what she was doing.

Hours pass and the couple are drunk - ''Drinking by the mausoleum door''. Lucy then decides to inject the lethal drug. She dies on the bathroom floor, and George finds her hours later.
Although drunk, the heartbreaking event brings him to reality.
George starts remembering the times spent together and he recalls the last time they kissed. - ''And the collision of your kiss that made it so hard''.

After the funeral, George returns home, - ''Back home, off the run''.
But with the event still replaying in his mind, George uncovers emails she wrote to him, items of her clothing, or favourite CDs of hers, which makes him think more of the event.
He looses all hope and resorts to self harm, - ''Singing songs that make you slit your wrists''.

Finally it all becomes too much.
''It isn't that much fun, staring down a loaded gun'' and he shoots himself but only once. The bullet doesn't instantly kill him, so he is struggling, dying on the floor.
''So I won't stop dying, won't stop lying (are you there at all?)
If you want I'll keep on crying (do you care at all?)
Did you get what you deserve? (are you there at all?)''.

Then in his last moments he begun wondering why Lucy ever wanted him, and why she did what she did [cheat].
''Is this what you always want me for?''

Well thats my theory n_n
I'm DEAD!
Joining The Black Parade
I'm DEAD!
April 18th, 2008 at 02:41pm
OMFG I never knew he says don't do it! I JUST caught it on my Ipod and I've been listening to MCR for six years now. I nearly cried my eyes out when I heard his faint little plea
EveryOneShouldDie
Killjoy
EveryOneShouldDie
April 20th, 2008 at 04:21pm
no offence to any1, but who actully cares and y? just listen to the song, thats wat its for
my unique romance
Jazz Hands
my unique romance
April 20th, 2008 at 04:24pm
EveryOneShouldDie:
no offence to any1, but who actully cares and y? just listen to the song, thats wat its for

hi c!!!!
urm thats the whole point of this forum, if u want to tlk about the meaning of the song u come her and tlk about it... if not then u find another forum and post about something u dont think is pointless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
spaz c u at school 2moro!!!!! Ha Ha
EveryOneShouldDie
Killjoy
EveryOneShouldDie
April 20th, 2008 at 04:29pm
faye_mcr:
EveryOneShouldDie:

hi c!!!!
urm thats the whole point of this forum, if u want to tlk about the meaning of the song u come her and tlk about it... if not then u find another forum and post about something u dont think is pointless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
spaz c u at school 2moro!!!!! Ha Ha

hey no chavs allowed, get out!!
my unique romance
Jazz Hands
my unique romance
April 20th, 2008 at 04:36pm
EveryOneShouldDie:

im not a chav and u no it

Disgust
EveryOneShouldDie
Killjoy
EveryOneShouldDie
April 20th, 2008 at 04:41pm
faye_mcr:
EveryOneShouldDie:

im not a chav and u no it

Disgust

hmmmm okay, no pigs allowed get out!!!
maxim bemis.
Crash Queen
maxim bemis.
April 20th, 2008 at 11:12pm
EveryOneShouldDie:

Notice how the board is called ''Song Meanings''?
Well they dont call it that for no reason ;D
EveryOneShouldDie
Killjoy
EveryOneShouldDie
April 24th, 2008 at 03:13pm
itsaDEATHWISH;:
EveryOneShouldDie:

Notice how the board is called ''Song Meanings''?
Well they dont call it that for no reason ;D

well as soon as i saw the title, i fought i shud give my own opinion, have a problem?? Disgust
Switchblade Saint
Salute You in Your Grave
Switchblade Saint
April 25th, 2008 at 06:14am
Dear EveryOneShouldDie,

Not trying to make u feel maligned or anything, but ur non-related posts could be considered spamming & the moderators might start deleting ur posts. 9they can be pretty strict on things like that) So...just be careful Wink opinions are welcome but if u dont have any thoughts on this song, then why would u post here? Don't waste ur time with us, we like to overanalyse things as opposed to going out & getting lives. Go visit the other threads & speak ur piece.
Belong2Ray
Killjoy
Belong2Ray
April 27th, 2008 at 06:19pm
i just simply think its about a person who committed suicide and his/hers best friend or companion misses the person and remembers what they did together
vampire kitteh :3
Thinking Happy Thoughts
vampire kitteh :3
May 1st, 2008 at 04:34pm
i never really considered the entire meaning could be that a woman wuz cheating. but the lyrics "singing songs that make you slit you'r wrists, it isnt that much fun staring down a loaded gun" alwayz caught my attention. it sounded 2 me like sum1 wuz having a hard time commiting suicide... they wanted 2 die but just couldnt do it. actually those lyricz match my little problem... but im not gonna get in2 that. ne way the cheating sinario soundz like a good 1.
My1CHEMICAL5ROMANCE8
Killjoy
My1CHEMICAL5ROMANCE8
May 4th, 2008 at 09:07am
Well all i think this is about is a woman cheating on her husband who got so stressed she allegedly committed suicide.
xReVeNgEx
Killjoy
xReVeNgEx
May 12th, 2008 at 10:06am
hey every1

erm they r both reli deep meaning. i love the song aswell the song and the whole meaning of he song means sooooo much to me and probably to many others.

kaytee
ibanezIero
Killjoy
ibanezIero
May 12th, 2008 at 04:12pm
Dujo:
-

woa its me and my best friends song together beacause i live by a graveyard and we crashed the gates one time to get in. got drunk and they found us on the bath room floor.. so thats yea how we like related to it.
weird but yep thats the dealio..
>.>
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
May 12th, 2008 at 04:36pm
Did anyone ever figure that this song is about having an erection?

And the collision of your kiss that made it so hard
Way down, way down
Way down, way down
Way down, way down
Way down, way down

Just a (perverted) thought
Stela.?
Always Born a Crime
Stela.?
May 13th, 2008 at 04:28am
electriceyes:

He says 'Don't Do It' repeatedly
and 'Do you care at all?' i forgot what else.
but you can here some of it if you put your
speakers in really loud volume. XD
maxim bemis.
Crash Queen
maxim bemis.
May 17th, 2008 at 12:28am
stellar.:
electriceyes:

He says 'Don't Do It' repeatedly
and 'Do you care at all?' i forgot what else.
but you can here some of it if you put your
speakers in really loud volume. XD

In the second verse, [''Back home, off the run, etc''] it says ''Dont do it''.
But when it gets to the bridge, [''So i wont stop dying, etc''] it says ''Are you there at all? Do you care at all? Are you there at all?''.

Im obsessed xDD