Killjoy
DISENCHANTED_ROX
September 26th, 2007 at 07:39pm
I think this song is about these people looking back on thier lives
DISENCHANTED_ROX
Killjoy
DISENCHANTED_ROX
September 26th, 2007 at 07:41pm
I think this song is about these people looking back at how there life use to be.Like while while they were growing up explaining all the things that had happend.
The Creature
In The Murder Scene
The Creature
September 28th, 2007 at 04:43am
AshesAndAll:
Disenchanted brings out so many emotions when I listen 2 it.

It's a sad,depressing,beautiful,and 1 hell of a great song.

I think it's about how MCR realized how much they've matured[sp?] since the beginning of their band,and how people call them sell outs.

"I spent my high school career spit on and shoved to agree.So I could watch all my heroes sell a car on TV",I think means that MCR have always been tha outcasts,and bullied,and forced 2 agree w/ other ppls' choices,like no1 would let them have a mind of their own,and their idols were becoming lazy,and not really caring,or how ever they used 2 b.

Disenchanted rocks,I love it,and it's 1 of my fave songs.

I think it might also be the patient looking back at his life,and the phrase "Life flashes right in front of your eyes when you pass on",is what the song is based on.

"I was there on the day they sold the cause for the queen"

The patient remembers events from when he was a little kid.

"And when the lights all went out,we watched out lives on the screen"

The patient is having a flash back,of when he was with his true loved one,and he looks back on all the laughs,tears,and joy and happiness they shared,and how big of an impact they made on each others lives.

"I hate the ending myself,but it started with an alright scene."

The patient is now looking in the last few years/weeks/days before he came to his final-fate,on his deathbed.He hates how early the ending of his life is,but,he thinks that the end started out okay.

"It was the roar of the crowd that gave me heartache to sing"

I'm guessing this is Gerard,referring to when he first started performing,and how much the crowds were screaming,gave him fears,and stage fright to sing.

"It was a lie when they smiled,and said 'You won't feel a thing' "

I think there are two meanings for this line...1)It's the patient,getting his blood drawn from him,and the nurses are using the big-needle,and they are telling him to relax,and that it won't hurt,but,they were wrong.My second,it's Gerard as a little kid,and he's getting a shot,and his doctor is telling him that it won't hurt,but he/she was wrong.

"And as we ran from the cops,we laughed so hard it would sting"

The patient,and his friends,as juvenile delinquents,getting in trouble,and running away from the law enforcers,laughing their heads off,because of how funny what ever they did was.They laughed so hard,that their sides started to hurt.

If I'm so wrong(So wrong,so wrong),how can you listen all night long(All night long,night long)?Will it matter after I'm gone,because you never learned a goddamned thing..."

I think it's the patient telling his loved one that they are breaking up.He's telling her,that if she thinks that the reasons of why they should break up are wrong,then why does she continuously listen to him say "We're over".He thinks that she'll never learn how to except things the way they are.

"You're just a sad song,with nothing to say.About a life long wait for a hospital stay,and if you think that I'm wrong,this never meant nothing to you.."

It's the loved one of the patient saying that all he did was waste his life,and wait for his end to come,and he's speechless about it,like he doesn't care.The "And if you think that I'm wrong,this never meant nothing to you",part,is the patient's loved one saying that if he thinks that she's wrong about him being so low,and wasteful of his life-time,then their time together means nothing,and is just a mistake.

"I spent my high school career spit-on and shoved to agree,so I could watch all my heroes sell a car on TV"

It's the patient telling his loved one,that he was mistreated as a child,all the way up to when he finally got out on his own.And that he stated to realize that the people he looked up to,we're nothing but fakes.

"Bring out the old guillotine,we'll show them what we all mean.Yeah,yeah."

It's the patient telling all of his friends,family,and his loved one,that before he passes on,they should all do one last wild thing together,while they can.Let the patient make his mark on the world,while he still has the time to do so.

"So go...Away...Just go!Run away!But where did you run to?And where did you hide?Go find another way...Price your pay..."

After the patient and his loved one has a little argument,the loved one runs away from the scene of the fight,and he tells her to run away,but,after a few minutes,he realizes that he wants her back in his life,he wants to know where she is,he wants to apologize,and he'll do anything to get her back in her arms,before it's too late.

"Whoa...Whoa...Whoa...Whoa,whoa,whoa.."

It's the patient regretting all the foul things he has done in his life,to his loved one,his family,and he wants take all the pain he's caused them,back,and make it disappear forever.

"This never meant nothing to you....At all...At all...At all...At all"

The patient is telling his loved one,that it's his time to pass on,and him,and all perhaps all the time they spent together,was worthless,and meant nothing at all.
Burning_October
Killjoy
Burning_October
September 30th, 2007 at 10:12pm
Personally, I always thought Disenchanted was sort of a summary of the whole album. I thought that it was just his overall opinion of his life, kind of a whole overview of it. The rest of the album ellaborated on certain parts of his life, but I thought that this was just a summary of it.
mychemandrea
Killjoy
mychemandrea
October 1st, 2007 at 03:56pm
in an interview gerard said somthing. about this girl getting knocked up.. but idk if he was joking or not
Radio Saturday
Salute You in Your Grave
Radio Saturday
October 2nd, 2007 at 03:26am
This song always felt very bitter to me. It's like the Patient looking back on his life, and thinking it was all "just a sad song with nothing to say." He never fulfilled any of his dreams. High school both sucked and had its good moments, but none of it meant anything. I think "It was the roar of the crowd/That gave me heartache to sing" has more to do with having dreams of performing or telling your story or just longing to get out there and do something and have people really appreciate, like your favorite bands (My Chemical Romance songs sometimes make me cry because I'm not them and no one knows who I am). So in the kind of standard story arc, this is the Patient's real descent into hell, where all his demons and all his self-doubts confront him with their jeering and cruelty. It seems to me that he then defeats them in "Famous Last Words."

But this is just me. I can project narrative onto anything, even without as much prompting as MCR give. Laughing
Avenge My Ghost
Fabulous Killjoy
Avenge My Ghost
October 3rd, 2007 at 12:56am
i think this song is about someone(gerard since hes singing) is dying and is looking back on their life and memories they have with a friend and is saying that it started okay("i hate the ending myself but it started with an alright scene" ) but hten he says it was a lie when they smiled and....blah blah etc n hes saying that they lied when they said it would b okay b/c he knew he was dying. and hes telling his friend that high school sucked but then it got better afterwords. but then he said it wont matter after hes dead b/c his freind didnt learn anyhting n wont have anyone to lean on or help them b/c hes dying now.

kinda sad and filled with anger, but still an amazing song!!!!!
solong_and_goodnight
Killjoy
solong_and_goodnight
October 15th, 2007 at 01:55am
I think Gerard's kinda looking over again at his life and talking to someone about it - maybe someone who doubted him or doesn't really believe in him or anything.
Well I was there on the day
They sold the cause for the queen,
And when the lights all went out
We watched our lives on the screen.
[Reviewing his life and looking over everything he's done]
I hate the ending myself,
[At the end of watching his life on the screen, he dies, so therefore he doesn't like that]
But it started with an alright scene.

It was the roar of the crowd
That gave me heartache to sing.
[In his life, when the crowd was being enthusiastic or whatever, it really made him want to sing]
It was a lie when they smiled
And said, "you won't feel a thing"
[Shots, maybe? Or something like that. I know Gerard hates needles]
And as we ran from the cops
We laughed so hard, it would sting
[He ran from the cops with his buddies and it was absolutely hilarious]

Yeah yeah, oh

If I'm so wrong (so wrong, so wrong)
How can you listen all night long? (night long, night long)
[He's obviously talking to someone who doesn't believe in him, or says that he's "wrong"]
Now will it matter after I'm gone?
[After he dies]
Because you never learn a goddamned thing.

You're just a sad song with nothing to say
About a life long wait for a hospital stay
And if you think that I'm wrong,
This never meant nothing to ya
[Ummm yeah, I have no clue XD]

I spent my high school career
Spit on and shoved to agree
[Trying to fit in in high school but failing, because he was bullied]
So I could watch all my heroes
Sell a car on tv
Bring out the old guillotine
We'll show 'em what we all mean.
[The "don't take anyone's shit and never let them take you alive" thing]

{REFRAIN}

So go, go away, just go, run away.
[He wants this person to go]
But where did you run to? And where did you hide?
Go find another way, price you pay

Woah, Woah, Woah, Woah, Woah, Woah

{REFRAIN}
TRAGICaffair xx
Thinking Happy Thoughts
TRAGICaffair xx
October 16th, 2007 at 10:30pm
i think that it might be about society and peoples lifes. when they say
"i was there on the day they sold the cause for the queen "
i think that meant like that society isnt really what it used to be..
CharlieCheese
Killjoy
CharlieCheese
November 3rd, 2007 at 02:51pm
To be honest i dont know what tis song is about No

But i love it , my friends take the piss but i think its so moving In Love

Love to you allll!!! xxxx
Drunk-
Joining The Black Parade
Drunk-
November 4th, 2007 at 04:33am
Disenchanted is an amazing song,
I agree with the thing about it being Gerard reviewing his life and talking about death

a life long wait for a hospital stay

as soon as you live, your going to die also. A life long wait for a hospital stay, I never did think of it like that before!

Its a beautiful song no matter what its meaning!
In Love
Manofaction
Killjoy
Manofaction
November 16th, 2007 at 05:33am
i still think its about gerard and berts friendship.

"hate the ending myself,
But it started with an alright scene"

How there relationship was.

"It was the roar of the crowd,
That gave me heartache to sing"

Them performin on stage together, for example under pressure

"Because you never learned a goddamned thing"

Bert speaking about gerard he didnt learn and is still angry

Go find another way

Gerard way....it can go on and on
xthe_patientx
Killjoy
xthe_patientx
November 25th, 2007 at 05:31am
i think its about old friendships and how they fade away but even though ppl move on, maybe the friendship is still alive to the other person... or someting
Hayley Williams
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Hayley Williams
November 25th, 2007 at 12:48pm
personally, I think the song has nothing to do with the patient/concept of the album.
but I DO think that MCR/Gerard made it seem like it did.
TaraIsBack!
Bleeding on the Floor
TaraIsBack!
November 26th, 2007 at 03:44pm
It just seems to me like one big let down.
Sometimes you have your head filled with all these hopes and dreams and then reality hits.
It also is a reflection of life... as if watching is as a movie.
made from neon
Salute You in Your Grave
made from neon
December 2nd, 2007 at 04:57am
Mm,
I always think of it as like, The Patient thinking about his life also.
I know the movie thing is a metaphor for it, but it makes me think of The Patient watching home videos about the better times and such.

BUUUUUT, yeah know. My interpretations usually suck.
Coffee!
Killjoy
Coffee!
December 2nd, 2007 at 07:11am
Disenchanted was written when they were supposed to be practicing for their headlining tour. They hadn't written in a long time because they were on tour, working and really busy; just didn't have the time to sit down and play together. They all got together and tried something else and started a new song and it became Disenchanted, but in a different form. MCR incorperated it into their headline tour, and by the end of the tour they said it was a good song but they had other things they wanted to work on more and tossed it aside. In the Paramore, Mikey kept saying, "Lets play Disenchanted!" Everyone was like "Aw man, NO!" At that point, My Chemical Romance had 18 songs and to everyone except Mikey it was another song and it didn't have anything special to it. Mikey would keep whispering in their ears when they were sleeping, "Disenchanted, Disenchanted," to get them to think about it in the morning. Mikey always believed in the song and Gerard was glad he did because Mikey helped them pull together in the end. When Gerard first came up with the initial vocal melody when they were practicing for the headlining tour, Gerard was freestyling on the microphone, and the song just wrote so quickly, it almost wrote itself so much they re-evaluated and re-wrote it; "It's one of those things that get so inspired about so quickly, it wrote itself a little too quickly and had to put a little more structure and say alot more than simply the chorus melody over and over again," says Gerard, That's why they played it on the headlining tour but it needed to say a lot more so they re-structured it in such a way it became way more of an effective song. The first time they heard it tracked, they were blown away. And they were so happy that Mikey encouraged them to keep pressing on with the song. "Listened to it like 30 times when it was done tracked. I would grab the headphones...." Mikey said. "Yeah, any chance Mikey could get he would listen to it." replies Gerard. "I'd be like, let me listen to Disenchanted, please."

I'm sorry, I get so carried away with myself. I'm pretty sure this is how the song came to be.
winchester.
Touched by Angels
winchester.
December 4th, 2007 at 02:13am
Inever actually took notice of the words on this song but then when I read them I was like you know, Whoa! it was like so weird.
I love how they make there lyrics double meanings.
Drowning-Lessons
Killjoy
Drowning-Lessons
December 4th, 2007 at 01:53pm
Dujo:
-
Dance SICK MEANING!
winchester.
Touched by Angels
winchester.
December 4th, 2007 at 10:47pm
If I'm so wrong (so wrong, so wrong)
How can you listen all night long? (night long, night long)

I think that bit is like saying, well, if you think everything I say is wrong then why do you continue to listen to it and run by it.
Why waste your time listening to me if you think I am wrong?
What's the point?
You obviously think you are the more right one.
And yeah, like that.
It is so me right now.