Don't have an account? Create one!

Disenchanted

AuthorMessage
emokay7
Killjoy
emokay7
April 10th, 2008 at 08:25am
This is a really nice sounding song. I LOVE it. I think this song is about how much of a waste some unknown person's life is. It tells about their good times and their bad ones and, in the end, it didn't really matter because "I hate the ending myself, but it started with an all-right scene."
DISENCHANTEDLJD
Killjoy
DISENCHANTEDLJD
April 19th, 2008 at 11:40pm
i love this song it is my all time favorite and i always listen to it. i think it it means "that gave us heart ache to sing" is when he first perfomed or became a musician. "we watched our lives on the screen, i hate the ending my self but it started with an alright scene" means he does not like the ending of their lives (death) but the begining itself (birth) is the greatest part and seeing how he came to be. then the rest is mostly about their high school days as out cast, emos or goths, and the lies they were told, and also how they seek their retribition by killing or suffering others.
Our Helena of Sorrow
Killjoy
Our Helena of Sorrow
May 4th, 2008 at 01:07pm
i think the meaning to this song is disappointment because disenchanted means disappointed.
pxieVAMPIREdust
Bleeding on the Floor
pxieVAMPIREdust
May 6th, 2008 at 04:24am
uhmmm...i think that it's like a life story of someone(probably Gerard) who's been in every situation that made his/her life miserable,and that lead him/her into using drugs or something just to make everything okay, temporarily. because of the heartache that he/she feels,"it was the roar of the crowd that gave me heartache to sing"

-but...i really think that it is a song about Gerard's life...because at the song "this is the best day ever" he said that it is about his hospital stay right, and there is this line in thin certain song that goes "your just a sad song with nothin to say, about a life-long wait for a hospital stay"

-and i think it is about waking up in every stumble or fall through life...

-i'm getting confused... Shocked
arcai
Killjoy
arcai
May 14th, 2008 at 06:59am
"I was there when they sold the cause for the Queen". That means The Patient is an English ex-soldier. He must have been a troubled kid or something and joined the army but still remained a criminal. "Mama" even had a backdrop with what was probably bombs and machine guns.
questionable content
Always Born a Crime
questionable content
May 18th, 2008 at 03:30pm
I think it might be about someone selling out. "So I could watch all my heroes sell a car on TV", and realizing that their hero isn't even that, and that everything's hyped up-so they're disappointed, like Wolf said.
darenmay
Thinking Happy Thoughts
darenmay
May 28th, 2008 at 05:04am
i guess it is about his life expectations that were never met. so he is really disenchanted.
demolition lover95
Joining The Black Parade
demolition lover95
June 3rd, 2008 at 07:58pm
i think its about how the paitent waisted his whole life and is now looking back on it and relising that he is gonna die and is comming to terms with that
Mercutio
Motor Baby
Mercutio
June 7th, 2008 at 12:13pm
I think it can be interpreted in such a way that it is the Patient reflecting on his life and saying, "yes, I did wrong, but I did some good and some people appreciated me,"

I.E "If you think that I'm wrong, this never meant nothing to you."
martamango
Killjoy
martamango
June 11th, 2008 at 01:15am
Someone might has said this before, but, going along with the song title, it's about someone (the Patient, Gerard, etc.) being "disenchanted" with their life. At the beginning of his life, he was happy with everything ("It started with an alright scene" ) and by the end he was disappointed with everything ("I hate the ending myself" ). There's also a lot of stuff about nothing meaning anything and running away (maybe from how bad your life is). Hopefully that makes sense. I might be wrong. Just trying to connect the lyrics with the title.
Amelie_AlmostSaved
Killjoy
Amelie_AlmostSaved
June 15th, 2008 at 01:08pm
Disenchanted is about a dream,, you live in a dream and one day you see that the dream is dead, it will come over all of you,, the dream will stop one time.
Woodstock '69
Jazz Hands
Woodstock '69
July 8th, 2008 at 09:22pm
GERARDFUCKINWAY:
Disenchanted is about a dream,, you live in a dream and one day you see that the dream is dead, it will come over all of you,, the dream will stop one time.
DANG I was about to write this. in The Black Parade is Dead Gerard says "this song is all about dreaming and it is called...Disenchanted"
Chemical.Nightmare
Killjoy
Chemical.Nightmare
July 15th, 2008 at 06:35pm
I think it's about someone looking back on their life and seeing how great it was when they were younger.Maybe when as they aged they really screwed up."And when the lights all went out,we watched our lives on the screen.I hate the ending myself,but it started with an alright scene."It makes sense.
G Way
Jazz Hands
G Way
July 16th, 2008 at 01:53pm
I think this song is a reflection back on life. There are good times, there are bad times, there are in-between times. This person may have made some mistakes in their life, but maybe he or she realizes that all your mistakes make you who you really are, and if you strip that away from someone they become disenchanted.
xDarkenxUrxClothesx
Fabulous Killjoy
xDarkenxUrxClothesx
July 16th, 2008 at 10:53pm
I think Gerard is a very complicated songwriter. He has personal meanings to all of his songs that some of us may never really understand, but he leaves some lyrics open to interpretation to others, so that everyone can take what they want from it.

I think Disenchanted is about life--just in general. About how a lot of it's like high school--we're just waiting for it to be over, and that's a shame. At least, that's what I take from it.
xchiamcr18x
Killjoy
xchiamcr18x
July 20th, 2008 at 12:09pm
Yeah. Although there were some rumors that the song was about some band (forget who) that was like screwing with MCR even though they were so much worse... (much like fall out boy, no?) idk

luvz,
/Users/gubba918/Desktop/Every My Chem Pic/my-chemical-romance_logo.png
Incognito.
Bleeding on the Floor
Incognito.
July 25th, 2008 at 11:13pm
On The Black Parade is Dead! at the start of the song Gerard says "this Song is all about dreams"
temptation.
Shotgun Sinner
temptation.
July 26th, 2008 at 03:41am
Erin_Loves_MCR:
On The Black Parade is Dead! at the start of the song Gerard says "this Song is all about dreams"

yes,I heard that and I said to myself:I knew it! Very Happy
monster-ray
Fabulous Killjoy
monster-ray
July 29th, 2008 at 02:47pm
^^^^^ that wat i was goin to say
monster-ray
Fabulous Killjoy
monster-ray
July 29th, 2008 at 02:47pm
^^^^^ that wat i was goin to say