Fabulous Killjoy
monster-ray
July 29th, 2008 at 02:48pm
^^^^^ that wat i was goin to say
MeckieKaulitz
Killjoy
MeckieKaulitz
July 29th, 2008 at 08:08pm
I think this song is basicly about looking back on your life and looking at all the things you've done wrong and want to go back and do the right thing but you can't, also I think it's about how the person looking back on their life remembered all the great times they had and the laughs they shared with their friends, all of that... and they just relize that they're not a kid anymore, and they can't go back to being one either.
disenchanted romance
Awake and Unafraid
disenchanted romance
July 30th, 2008 at 12:33am
My take on the song is it's about their life and somehow being disillusioned afterwards. As Gerard said, it's about waking up from a dream and realized it's over and it could all happen to you. I just love the lines 'you're just a sad song with nothing to say about a life long wait...' so sad but relatable. admirable lyrics and poignant melody sung passionately and it just makes me cry every time. my favorite song from mcr indeed.
Eight Bitter Years.
Killjoy
Eight Bitter Years.
July 30th, 2008 at 01:20pm
" I spent my high school career, spit on and shoved to agree" and then "bring out the old guillatine, we'll show 'em what we all mean" might mean that they are gonna get payback for being bullied or something. Im not entirely sure though
imnotokvampire
Killjoy
imnotokvampire
August 1st, 2008 at 01:10am
i think the song means how someone skrews up in life and how they wish they didnt. but in the end were all unlucky because we all have some bad thing to look back on.
mcrallie
Killjoy
mcrallie
August 9th, 2008 at 12:28am
I think it's at least partially about growing up. The line "I spent my high school career spit on and shoved to agree so I could watch all my heroes sell a car on tv," seems to point towards that.
ciara.
Crash Queen
ciara.
August 18th, 2008 at 12:20am
I think it's kind of a flashback of someone's life. And how he thinks he really hadn't done anything good/special at all. And just thinking a lot about... his life. Basically, that.
methane skies.
Salute You in Your Grave
methane skies.
August 27th, 2008 at 04:18am
I don't know what the real meaning is, but in The Black Parade Is Dead, Gerard says it's a song about dreams, so is that leading us somewhere?
Mexspeed
Killjoy
Mexspeed
October 1st, 2008 at 01:52am
disenchanted is basically about Gerard talking about himself or someone else wasting their lives on a dream the never got to fulfill
its just the saddest song with nothing to say (about a life long wait for a hospital bed)
the hospital bed could be a job or opportunity
Mexspeed
Killjoy
Mexspeed
October 1st, 2008 at 01:53am
also in the black parade is dead he says soomthing about a dream
thedeadaresleeping
Killjoy
thedeadaresleeping
October 3rd, 2008 at 11:11pm
To me, it's about a person's childhood, and teenage life. Like when you would hang out with your friends all the time, and be happy. But then have all the pressures of life follow.
To me it's about growing out of adolescence, and becoming an adult. Because childhood was always a sort of enchantment, and when you become an adult, it's suddenly lifted from you, you're not enchanted anymore, you're disenchanted.
It's kind of also about being nostialgic about something that never really was that great, but somehow when you look back on it, it's suddenly one of the best memories. Something you sortof took for granted at the time.
Marilyn Monroe
Awake and Unafraid
Marilyn Monroe
October 3rd, 2008 at 11:34pm
Not A Hero.:
I don't know what the real meaning is, but in The Black Parade Is Dead, Gerard says it's a song about dreams, so is that leading us somewhere?

I took it more to mean dreams that haven't been furfilled. I'm not sure though
XHellsBellX
Killjoy
XHellsBellX
November 14th, 2008 at 09:36am
to me i think the song is saying how someone or everyone has something important to them that they lost. and how that really effects them in the long run. at some point everyone feels unfuflied and wanting more. sometimes losing something is ur own fault.
but the thing is that we cant let those past memories effect us.
KimberLeeey.
Killjoy
KimberLeeey.
November 16th, 2008 at 07:22pm
I absolutely love this song. I think it is about someone who is looking back on there life, at all the pain, and hurt. Not many people i know agree with me, but thats what i think.
The_sharpest_lives
Killjoy
The_sharpest_lives
January 20th, 2009 at 05:57pm
This is what the song really means send me a message to tell me if im right or wrong...Well I was there on the day they sold the cause for the queen/And when the lights all went out/We watched our lives on the screen/I hate the ending myself/But it started with an all right scene."
At this point, one can assume that Gerard might choose to explain how people, at one time or another, take the time to reflect back on their lives. There are points *the beginning scene that Gerard talks of* that we enjoyed and many times of regret (endings).

"It was the roar of the crowd that gave me heartache to sing/It was a lie when they smiled and said you won't feel a thing/And as we ran from the cops/We laughed so hard that it would sting."
People are often telling others that life is a happy thing, something that can always be viewed with an optimistic attitude. Well, for anybody who's actually been living life, I'm sure that you're well aware that it's a huge lie. There are points in your life where you get hurt or fall down. Sometimes you may even get to the point where you attempt to fool yourself/others with a facade of laughter *Running from the cops and laughing hard*.

"I spent my high school career spit on and shoved to agree/So I could watch all my heroes sell a car on TV/Bring out the old guillotine/We'll show them all what we all mean."
Gerard could be referring to his own past at this point. Times, where he was pushed around and made all outcasted while he watched others live successfully and happily.
The Guillotine was a device meant for quick killings during the French revolution. If any of the French did not show enough support for their revolution/ government, they were often sent to the guillotine and beheaded in front of everyone. And it is my belief that he is showing many others in life had been pushed and forced to do things they were against, or they would surely suffer for it in one way or another.
If I'm so wrong, how can you listen all night long? Now will it matter after I'm gone? Because you never learn a goddamned thing.

"You're just a sad song/With nothing to say/About a life long wait for a hospital stay/And if you think that I'm wrong/This never meant nothing to ya..."
The main point of this song is located right here! If he's so wrong about how yours and everybody's life has been, then why haven't you stopped listening?
Even when he stops "preaching", will you admit to learning that he's right?
If you continue to just mope around until death, there will be nothing to remember as life "flashes" before your eyes. * A sad song with nothing to say about a life long wait... Hospital bed*
*And if you think that I'm wrong, this never meant nothing to ya*
This is his message to the listeners that if you don't see what he's trying to say, that what their songs are all about were just words that passed though your ears, never making you think of a meaning behind them.

"So go/Run away/Just go/Run away/But where did you run to/And where did you hid to find another way? /Price you pay."
So, go on continue to keep on running from these problems. But where will you go, and what will you do to find a life worth memorable moments. It's the price you'll pay for not getting up and facing these dark moments in your life.
Devilhunter318
Killjoy
Devilhunter318
January 25th, 2009 at 11:13pm
i agree with most of you but i think the patient's looking bac wishing he could change it, make it better
Elsa
Fabulous Killjoy
Elsa
January 26th, 2009 at 03:48pm
i hate the ending my self but it started with an alright scene
- the beginning was good, but as his life went on, it deteriorated
it was a lie when they smiled and said you wont feel a thing
- everyone was telling him that everythings gonna be okay, when it isnt
if im so wrong how can you listen all night long?
- all the hypocrites telling him hes wrong all the time but still, listening

thats what i think :-/
angels_of_unknown_99
Killjoy
angels_of_unknown_99
January 27th, 2009 at 08:12pm
wow.. . this song is so deep we don't fully understand what it means!! yeah, you're onto something with the multiple meanings thing.
corpse
Killjoy
corpse
January 30th, 2009 at 09:37am
Feel What You Feel.:
When he says "If I'm so wrong, how can you listen all night long," I think it's kind of like: Okay, so if I'm so messed up, why do the fans listen to me and my views all the time? It's kind of like a comeback to people who think he's messed up. That didn't come out anything like I hoped it would but whatever....
And he talks about how the beginning of life he wasn't all messed up, but he didn't like the end of his life at all. It's kind of like reflecting over everything and everyone in his life and kind of questioning it.
I think the song has multiple meanings, really.

I think your right. It's like he's wondering why he got all the fans cos' he started out the band thinkin the world was shit.

But now I think he realizes things are better.
Mikey_is_the_Way_2go
Joining The Black Parade
Mikey_is_the_Way_2go
February 1st, 2009 at 12:25pm
This is my favorite song on the record so I think its saying that life comes at you fast without warning and that you have so many opportunities that you can do in your life, but looking back you take those opportunites and now you regret it in a way, but at the same time aren't regretting it. It's just a flashback song on "The Patients" life growing up before he takes his final rest in his resting place.

"You're just a sad song with nothing to say...
About a life long wait for a hospital stay
And if you think that I'm wrong,
This never meant nothing to you!"

I think that that part in the song....it kinda touches on how "The Patient" is accepting his past and his death. And it's a sad thing to talk about someone close to you who just passes away randomly especially at a young age, so the whole "life long wait for a hospital stay" kinda describes that. And the "And if you think that I'm wrong, This never meant nothing to you!" means to me that "The Patient" was ignorant or looking at death the wrong way and disagreed with the narrator of "his life".