Don't have an account? Create one!

Disenchanted

AuthorMessage
mcrfreak19
Killjoy
mcrfreak19
October 14th, 2010 at 01:57pm
i think maybe gerard screwed up in his life alot but then i could be wrong.
and when i listen to the song it makes me want to express myself for all the times i have made mistakes in my life even though im only 15 and sometimes the song makes me wanna cry but thts all i have to say. Smile
Rorschach Test
Jazz Hands
Rorschach Test
February 14th, 2011 at 07:02pm
The Patient is viewing his life in its entirety and he regrets not doing more with it while he had the chance. In life he had no real ambitions or dreams, just floated along in disjointed normalcy, and all he wants now is the chance to go back and do it all over again.
sweetblackdays
Killjoy
sweetblackdays
February 20th, 2011 at 04:28pm
on the live cd/dvd "the black parade is dead" gerard says 'this song, is all about dreams' before they played disenchanted, and you can kinda understand it Very Happy
Helenasafe.sound
Killjoy
Helenasafe.sound
April 12th, 2011 at 10:18am
i believe this osng is about having made mistakes in your life and not being able to change that. i believe he's trying to say that even if you could never because everything happens for a reason. everything you ever did? it didnt matter to anyone else but you and i plan on writing a book about this songSmile
HighOnMusic
Killjoy
HighOnMusic
April 24th, 2011 at 10:29pm
I think 'it was the roar of the crowd that gave me the heart ache to sing' is when Gerard wad on the ferry watching the twin towers fall and hearing the peoples screams inspire him to sing. Also how when the world gets messed up, it can change your life for the better. I think the 'if you think that I'm wrong this never meant nothing to you' means if you think what we do is wrong like if you're homophobic racist sexist ect. our music won't mean anything to you because we are saying it's ok to be messed up.
IluvRock
Killjoy
IluvRock
June 19th, 2011 at 11:08pm
i rekenits about how fucked up life can get and about how peoplen can ruin your life really easily
IluvRock
Killjoy
IluvRock
June 19th, 2011 at 11:08pm
i rekenits about how fucked up life can get and about how peoplen can ruin your life really easily
Noisy Girl
Killjoy
Noisy Girl
August 14th, 2011 at 11:35am
i think is about mikey, because Mikey used to say to the band members , when they were sleeping "disanchanted".
Exterminatorhydrogen
Killjoy
Exterminatorhydrogen
August 20th, 2011 at 12:14am
i heard a rumor it was about his falling out with bert from the Used and i can see that
Puertorican Lioness
Killjoy
Puertorican Lioness
December 30th, 2011 at 01:03am
In fact I do believe "Disenchanted" is about looking back in ones life. In this album, "The Black Parade", they use a dying cancer patient to tell a story and the story is about one gets jumbled in a big mess, and begins to suffer and to be awfully depressed feeling worthless, not knowing what to do and regretting . This is something that can happen to anyone having or not having cancer, cancer is just used here as an example of a stituation. Anyway, this song's about lookings.g back on life when everything was better and how it became a mess and also looking bac at the positive and negative thin
Ikind of also think that it also involves people seeing the person's problem but not doing anything about it and sort of not caring leaving the person alone.
I'm not much of a song analyst but this is what I think.
My Sweet Revenge14
Killjoy
My Sweet Revenge14
February 15th, 2012 at 01:09am
It might mean that the person he is singing about is telling their lives in a sort of way.When it says "it was the roar of the crowd that gave me heartache to sing it was a lie when they smiled and said you won't feel a thing"and "I spend my high school carer spit and on a shove to agree so i can watch all my heroes sell a car on t.v."If they were telling a story then it was a sad one from what the lyrics said. Smile
My Sweet Revenge14
Killjoy
My Sweet Revenge14
March 10th, 2012 at 04:29pm
I can agree with most of you guys have to say about this song.I think it means many things to different people but to me it can be 3 things.1. It's how Gerard views people that don't understand him or his band(past and present) and how they think they suck or something like that.I got the idea from the line"If I'm so wrong can you listen to me all night long oh will it matter after I'm gone because you never learned a god damned thing".2. It can also mean that the patient is viewing his life and seeing all the things he could have done with it but couldn't because he spend it waiting for the hospital stay and now he is seeing all those people doing the same thing and waisting their life but he can't do any thing about it because he is dead. Or my last reason can be again Gerard but he's talking about the things that people mistake him for insult him in his past(high school) and now that he's in a band that is awesome and very successful. But that's my point of viewing the song I might be wrong or right I really don't care cause it's my opinion(not trying to sound mean or anything). Very Happy
My Chemical Kid
Killjoy
My Chemical Kid
November 17th, 2013 at 11:48pm
I've always thought it was about growing up, and once the patient has grown up he relizes he's not really in a good state of mind. Knowing this he looks back on his life to find a reason why and while doing this he finds alot of long lost memories, good and bad. Afterwards feeling sad about how good times had slipped away so easily, "it was a lie when they smiled and said you wont feel a thing."