AuthorMessage
Immortal .
Fabulous Killjoy
Immortal .
December 28th, 2006 at 08:33am
Awake And Unafraid: I don´t totally agree with you... :/

Well I was there on the day they sold the cause to the queen
And when the lights all went out
We watched our lives on the screen - When your life is over you look back and don´t see the good things. Just the bad.
I hate the ending myself
But It started with an allright scen - Your childhood was good, but you don´t really like the end of your life. ´Cause you did many things wrong.

I was the roar of the crowd
That gave me heart-ache to sing - It was your family and friends that made you get up every morning and suffer through your life
It wa a lie when they smiled
And said you wont feel a thing - Everything in a life isn´t good and painless. Even if ppl tell you that everything is allright. It´s not allways true.
And as we ran from the cops
We laughed so hard it would sting - You can laugh at your misstakes when everything is over.

If I´m so wrong
How can you listen all night long? - If they don´t belive in what you stand for they don´t have to pretend that they do.
Now will it matter after I´m gong
Because you never learned a g********d thing - When you´re gone ppl don´t remember what the meaning of your life was. What you tried to learn everyone

You´re just a sad song
With nothing to say - You don´t care about what they say anymore.
About a lifelong
Wait for a hospital stay - You gave up and wish you were dead right now
And if you think that I´m wrong
This never meant nothing to ya - They don´t belive in you, so they aren´t worth to care about

I spent my high school carrier
Spit on and shoved to agree - You did what everyone told you
So I can watch all my heroes
Sell a car on tv
Bring out the old guillotine
We´ll show ´em what we all mean - Let´s show them you have your own will

So go
Go away - You want everyone that bothers you to get out of your life
Just run
Run away
But where did you run to? - You want your revenge so you call them back
And where did you hide? - You can´t find them
Go find another way - When you find them you tell them about all the pain they´ve cost you
Price you pay - They have to understand

This never meant nothing to ya
At all
At all
At all
At all... -- If your life wasn´t meaningful for anybody else, it was no point with your life.
need_saving
Killjoy
need_saving
December 30th, 2006 at 10:27pm
Razorblade_Baby:
I think that's a really really good interpretation of it. nice!

thnx! i didn't think anyone else would agree, but if one person does, why not more!
xoxdisenchantedxox
Killjoy
xoxdisenchantedxox
December 31st, 2006 at 06:05pm
i think its about someone look back on their life and being unsatisfied and disappointed and wishing they did more with it.

the definition of disenchanted is: to be unsatisfied or disappinted

that about sums it up!
mcr.my.escape.
Killjoy
mcr.my.escape.
December 31st, 2006 at 08:31pm
actully the first time i heard this song my first instinct was it was about the holocaust. then i looked on here and only one person said that. i found that a bit odd. but i still think that its about the holocaust seriously they cant all be about gerard you kno!!!!
xWaTbP
Killjoy
xWaTbP
January 1st, 2007 at 02:09pm
this is my fave song of mcr!!!! i don´t know why i just love it!! the lyric, the music!! it is just great!!!
Gerard_Way2345
Killjoy
Gerard_Way2345
January 1st, 2007 at 09:48pm
I Think It's Just A True Story About His Life And His Failre
So Give them blood
Gerard's sister
Killjoy
Gerard's sister
January 5th, 2007 at 11:46pm
Uh... I don't understand this:
"And as we ran for the cops, we laughed so hard it would sting"
*really confused*
EATEN ALIVE
Thinking Happy Thoughts
EATEN ALIVE
January 6th, 2007 at 11:47am
i agree with so many of you in some parts that the quotin would make my comp fail.
and i think this song is totally bout someones life. like the WHOLE life.

"And when the lights all went out
We watched our lives on the screen
I hate the ending myself,
But it started with an alright scene"
like when you're dying (patient), or when you just see your life flashin by like movie, and you dont like the way it ended.

"And as we ran for the cops, we laughed so hard it would sting"
you were a kid and you did something bit illegal/wrong, and it was funny to you how ppl got mad about it.

"I spent my high school career
Spit on and shoved to agree
Sell a car on TV"
so while you were young, you were kinda forced to agree with someone or to do somethin. and that those who were supposed to be your heroes, failed you.

"Bring out the old guillotine
We’ll show them what we all mean"
i think this is bout guys showin what they allways wanted to say, what a lotof kids like want to say but never had achange, and now they can crash the stuff ppl around them said or "forced them to believe" or said to them.

"It’s just a sad song, with nothing to say
About a life long wait for a hospital stay."
coming back to Patient, i think. that this is sad song about Patients life.

"And if you think that I’m wrong, this never meant nothing to you"
if somebody thinks you're wrong, they dont care what you said, and you feel frustrated because what you said was important to you.

"Now will it matter, after im gone?
Because you never learned a goddamned thing?"
if that someone starts to argue with you, you just say "what does it matter, if you didnt listend, didnt learn?"

"But where did you run to? Where did you hide?
Go find another way Price you pay"
you have to pay a price for saying out loud what you want to say/doing what you wanted to do.

yeah. that's pretty much all that i think :]
but it still might be, like my friend said, that there are no metaphors. but i like to think that there are[[:
imeanthis_4ever
Killjoy
imeanthis_4ever
January 7th, 2007 at 12:22am
basically all i get is "You're just a sad song with nothing to say, About a life long wait for a hospital stay" which is saying that the Patient's life was a waste, that he didn't do anything productive and didn't achieve any goals or whatever.

i think that this song is about the Patient looking back on his life and not liking what he sees, and pretty much regretting it all and wishing he could do it over.

what confuses me is who is talking in this song. is it the Patient or is it a third person speaking? maybe someone who knew the Patient?
rubbaduckie
Jazz Hands
rubbaduckie
January 7th, 2007 at 03:59pm
it is kind of like a book, you can get the obvious meaning, what the whole story is about (the patient) then you can get what the story is trying 2 say (one person said live your life 2 the fullest or something) then a personal reason why the author wrote it, an experince they had... (somone mentioned on another bored about burt and gerard...?) possible? does anyone know about that?
Jack's broken heart
Awake and Unafraid
Jack's broken heart
January 7th, 2007 at 06:07pm
This song is one of my favs of the new album. Cause it's so much emotions I feel. It's like...sort of saying that you feel like a screw up. That came out wrong, but I'll try to explain.

"when the lights all went out" that line for me, feels like he's like...dead...sort of, or something has ended, like a friendship, or someone near has died(not really in Gerard's life, but in the story of the song)
"we watched our lives on the screen" you can call this a flashback. Memorising.
"I hate the ending myself, but it started with an alright scene" something bad happened. That's where my suspicions of a friendship ending comes from. Cause it started out good but it ended bad.
And I love the chorus "you're just a sad song, with nothing to say about a life long wait for a hospital stay, and if you think that I'm wrong, this never meant nothign to you"
It's the emotion. It's a very strong song I would say. And when i look at my post, I see that it makes no sense what so ever!
notetoself.
Killjoy
notetoself.
January 7th, 2007 at 10:15pm
LostMyFearOfFalling:
Awake And Unafraid: I don´t totally agree with you... :/

Well I was there on the day they sold the cause to the queen
We watched our lives on the screen - When your life is over you look back and don´t see the good things. Just the bad.
I hate the ending myself
But It started with an allright scen - Your childhood was good, but you don´t really like the end of your life. ´Cause you did many things wrong.

I was the roar of the crowd
That gave me heart-ache to sing - It was your family and friends that made you get up every morning and suffer through your life
It wa a lie when they smiled
And said you wont feel a thing - Everything in a life isn´t good and painless. Even if ppl tell you that everything is allright. It´s not allways true.
We laughed so hard it would sting - You can laugh at your misstakes when everything is over.

If I´m so wrong
How can you listen all night long? - If they don´t belive in what you stand for they don´t have to pretend that they do.
Now will it matter after I´m gong
Because you never learned a g********d thing - When you´re gone ppl don´t remember what the meaning of your life was. What you tried to learn everyone

You´re just a sad song
With nothing to say - You don´t care about what they say anymore.
About a lifelong
Wait for a hospital stay - You gave up and wish you were dead right now
This never meant nothing to ya - They don´t belive in you, so they aren´t worth to care about

I spent my high school carrier
Spit on and shoved to agree - You did what everyone told you
Sell a car on tv
We´ll show ´em what we all mean - Let´s show them you have your own will

So go
Go away - You want everyone that bothers you to get out of your life
Just run
Run away
But where did you run to? - You want your revenge so you call them back
And where did you hide? - You can´t find them
Go find another way - When you find them you tell them about all the pain they´ve cost you
Price you pay - They have to understand

This never meant nothing to ya
At all
At all
At all
At all... -- If your life wasn´t meaningful for anybody else, it was no point with your life.

i agree with this,
thats along the lines of what i was going to say
Miketh Way.
Salute You in Your Grave
Miketh Way.
January 10th, 2007 at 10:55am
i think that it could be bout gerard n bert.
pirates_booty947
Killjoy
pirates_booty947
January 10th, 2007 at 10:07pm
There's only one part in this song that I know about, and I got this information from a friend. Any way, when the song says "When the lights when out, we watched our lives on the screen, I hate the ending myself, but it started with an alright scene." This is referring to what Gerard thought about Life On The Murder Scene. He thought that it was good, but he didn't like the ending because it sounded too much like the band was ending. Well, that's all I know, and remember, I got this information from a friend.
FightTheGoodFight
Fabulous Killjoy
FightTheGoodFight
January 12th, 2007 at 05:06pm
i think its just gerard's final words on bert mccracken and their realtionship:

Well I was there on the day
They sold the cause for the queen,
We watched our lives on the screen.
I hate the ending myself,
But it started with an alright scene.
~~ he's looking back on their relationship and he thinks it started ok but hates the way it ended and they fell out and the way bert was slagging them off all the time.

It was the roar of the crowd
That gave me heartache to sing.
~~ he saw how people looked up to bert when they toured with the used and when they were a new band and he wanted to be as famous as bert
It was a lie when they smiled
And said, "you won't feel a thing"
~~ when people said you'll get over the break-up with bert. he's still sad about it
We laughed so hard it would sting
~~ looking back on good times with him

Yeah yeah, oh

If I'm so wrong (so wrong, so wrong)
How can you listen all night long? (night long, night long)
~~ if gerard is such an idiot, why are you still obviously still listening to his music and following what he's doing
Now will it matter after I'm gone?
Because you never learn a goddamned thing.
~~ you didn't learn to love and appreciate me/our friendship so it doesn't matter that i'm not there

You're just a sad song with nothing to say
~~ a reference to the 'emo/crybaby' genre that gerard hates and that bert isn't saving people's lives like he is. he's just pitying himself.
About a life long wait for a hospital stay
And if you think that I'm wrong,
This never meant nothing to you
~~ if you still think i'm wrong, my music and what i do(sacing people's lives) means nothing to you.

I spent my high school career
Spit on and shoved to agree
Sell a car on tv
We'll show 'em what we all mean.
~~ not really relevant, but he was pushed around and had his hopes crushed in high school to just become nothing (he would have been if he wasn't in the band)
Yeah yeah, oh

If I'm so wrong (so wrong, so wrong)
How can you listen all night long? (night long, night long)
Now will it matter long after I'm gone?
Because you never learn a goddamned thing.

This never meant nothing to you

So go, go away, just go, run away.
~~ just leave me alone and stop spreading stuff about me
But where did you run to? And where did you hide?
Go find another way, price you pay
~~ what are you going to do now that you're labeled as being a bad person. but its your fault for doing it.

Woah, Woah, Woah, Woah, Woah, Woah

This never meant nothing to you, come on

< that was my take on it anyway. tell me what you think lolza>
anGeL_of_mCr
Killjoy
anGeL_of_mCr
January 13th, 2007 at 12:10pm
I think that in this song he talks about the days that they were young and at school and about how he had it bad at school because he wasn't cosiderd to be "cool"
anGeL_of_mCr
Killjoy
anGeL_of_mCr
January 13th, 2007 at 12:14pm
anGeL_of_mCr:
I think that in this song he talks about the days that they were young and at school and about how he had it bad at school because he wasn't cosiderd to be &quot;cool&quot;
I also think that this song talks about how someone is looking back on thier life and they feel dissapointed and unsatisfied with what happened
mikeymakesmegommm
Killjoy
mikeymakesmegommm
January 15th, 2007 at 11:04am
what does it mean when gerard says,

"it was a lie when they smiled and said you won't feel a thing"

????
HarlequinFirith
Always Born a Crime
HarlequinFirith
January 15th, 2007 at 10:42pm
mikeymakesmegommm:
what does it mean when gerard says,

"it was a lie when they smiled and said you won't feel a thing"

????

Maybe something bout Gee and needles!!! Very Happy
okay... lame....

But me thinks that is something like that: ppl lie to you telling everything's gonna be alright, it won't hurt and try to paint everything in a shiny pink which doesn't exist cause life is not perfect: life hurts, life isn't always alright... and when you come to realize that it's pretty disappointing... or "disenchanting".
Maybe the song is about how he comes to realize all the perfection he once saw, or was showed to him, wasn't at all like that... among other things...

Or maybe is just the memory of some nurse giving Gee a vaccine or something!

lameness has taken over me.....
mercy in the sky.
Shotgun Sinner
mercy in the sky.
January 16th, 2007 at 02:19am
[And when the lights all went out, we watched our lives on the screen.
I hate the ending myself... but it started with an alright scene.]

So, the lights went out (death came) and he gets flashbacks of his life.
And he hates that his life is ending from Cancer (I hate the ending myself) and that it is a terrible way to die.
But he's saying life started off fine (It started with an alright scene).