Eddie
July 5th, 2007 at 12:06pm
i heard it was originally something to do with the bert/gerard thing
dunno, i might be wrong.
your grandmother
Jazz Hands
your grandmother
July 5th, 2007 at 02:04pm
i thought it had to do with a amle and a female that just broke up, && they are looking back at the good times they had with each other.....
mcr_fan......
Killjoy
mcr_fan......
July 5th, 2007 at 10:24pm
i reckon the patient is reflecting back on his life,

"And when the lights all went out
We watched our lives on the screen
I hate the ending myself,
But it started with an alright scene"

kinda saying that the patient didn't like the ending of his life but it started out alright.
lyrical lies.
Always Born a Crime
lyrical lies.
July 9th, 2007 at 11:01pm
well at concerts he sometimes says its about violence and stuff...he also mentions that there is always someone there for you even when it doesn't seem like it..or something along those lines he was Ike naming people you could turn to like...your family, a best friend..etc..

I think the line"if I'm so wrong, how can you listen all night long" means something along the lines of..how can you put up with me even if you may think I'm wrong? (because i think it implies when you are turning to someone..)

I also think that"what will it matter after I'm gone" may mean that someone is willing to kill themself because they are talking about the violence they are put through and can't take it anymore so they may kill themselves..

"And if you think that I'm wrong, this never meant nothing to you" could mean something along the lines of "Even though you may think I'm wrong all the time when i try to turn to you and talk to you, at least you dint have to experience what i do, and its not like me telling you all of these problems about violence will do you any good.."

I also agree with violentpop_ that the patient is referring to his life and how even though it is coming to an end and it isn't too great..it started off well and maybe the patient values that..

Anyways that just my opinion..this song could have soo many meanings just like any song...it depends on how you look at it or how you can relate to it..

Let me know what'cha think pplVery Happy
Legz
Killjoy
Legz
July 11th, 2007 at 08:28am
I dont know whats the meaning of the lyrics, but Im judging by the way it sounds 2 me, and I like it Smile
Lounge Fly
Bleeding on the Floor
Lounge Fly
July 13th, 2007 at 06:13am
I'm guessing that it's The Patient reflecting on a childhood memory that started well but ended badly.
INowPronounceYouDead
Thinking Happy Thoughts
INowPronounceYouDead
July 13th, 2007 at 11:45am
I see it as another society message...

"Well I was there on the day
They sold the cause for the queen"
-Maybe we don't really pay attention to who we elect these days-
"And when the lights all went out
We watched our lives on the screen
I hate the ending myself,
But it started with an alright scene"
-Some people just sit idoly by and let their life just pass them by..but they weren't alvays that vay to begin with-
"It was the roar of the crowd,
That gave me heartache to sing"
-A riot for a loss cause maybe-
"It was a lie when they smiled
And said you won’t feel a thing
And as we ran from the cops
We laughed so hard it would sting"
-Kinda sure its a riot now because some people might have gotten put to death by injection...and others ran to escape the same fate-

"Yeah yeah
Whoa"

"If im so wrong, (so wrong, so wrong)
Can you listen to it all night long?(Night long, night long)"
-Police or even parents think you're lieing when your telling the truth and they'll ask you the same question until they get the answer they want-
"Oh will it matter, after I’m gone
Because you never learned a goddamned thing"
-After you go home or to your room/secret spot...your parents or cop just got the wrong information so what was the point-

"You're just a sad song, with nothing to say
About a life long wait for a hospital stay"
-We whine too much and just want attention-
"And if you think that I’m wrong
This never meant nothing, to you"
-Again people just wont listen to the truth and still refuses-

"I spent my high school career
Spit on and shoved to agree"
-Exactly as is..people shove their opinions and thoughts down your throat into your mind trying to make you do things that arent you-
"So I can watch all my heroes
Sell a car on TV
Bring out the old guillotine
We’ll show them what we all mean"
-Lots of people e look up to let us down just for some cash and it slashes our hopes and dreams,and maybe the guillotine thing is about payback..?-

"Yeah, yeah
ohhh"

"If I’m so wrong (so wrong, so wrong)
Can you listen to it all night long?
(Night long, night long)
Now will it matter, after im gone?
Because you never learned a goddamned thing?"
-same as before-

"It’s just a sad song, with nothing to say
About a life long wait for a hospital stay.
And if you think that I’m wrong, this never meant nothing to you"
-again same as above-
"So go,
Alright
Just go
Right away
But where did you run to?
Where did you hide?"
-Another truth thing possibly
or mabe even what's we do with the facts about our government-
"Go find another way
Price you pay"
-Be real or hide it better...because you'll finally get yours either vay-

"Whoa, whoa
Whoa, whoa

Well, well"

"You're just a sad song
With nothing to say
About a lifelong, wait for a hospital stay
And if you think im wrong
This never meant nothing to you
Come on"
-same-

"You're just a sad song
With nothing to say
About a lifelong, wait for a hospital stay
And if you think I’m wrong
This never meant nothing to you."
-same-
"At all
At all
At all
At all"
MoonlitTwilight
Killjoy
MoonlitTwilight
July 19th, 2007 at 09:17am
I've thought about this since I got the album the day it came out, and I think it's the Patients father talking to him.

Like, I think that his father wasn't happy with what the Patient did with his life, and that he threw it away and didn't listen to his father and 'didn't learn a god damn thing.'

That's what I think...
FrankIero!
Killjoy
FrankIero!
July 19th, 2007 at 11:37pm
I Thinks it's a sad song whit nothing to say >_<
goffman
Killjoy
goffman
July 21st, 2007 at 04:56pm
maybe its about the patient re-living memories of his life,
alex turner.
Salute You in Your Grave
alex turner.
July 25th, 2007 at 03:35pm
I think it's about how someone could've been let down by someone they look up to, not too sure who though.

Spit on and shoved to agree
So I could watch all my heroes
Sell a car on TV"
^^How sometimes the people you think they are can let themselves be commercialized.

"It was a lie when they smiled
And said 'You won't feel a thing.'"
^^How they were let down and lied to.

"So go, go away. Just go, run away.
But where did you run to? And where did you hide?
Go find another way, price you pay"
^^How you could run away and hide from your problems, but eventually you have to come and face them.

I don't know. Just my two cents, I guess.
mcrFTW
Killjoy
mcrFTW
July 31st, 2007 at 03:37am
I think this song is about gerard and bert here is why

"I hate the ending myself, But it started with an alright scene" -In the beginning theywere really good freind mabye even more and now they arent.

"We laughed so hard it would sting" - Talkng aout there good times

"If im so wrong, (so wrong, so wrong)
Can you listen to it all night long?(Night long, night long)" - From what ive heard after gerard quit drugs and crap bert got mad and gerard tried to get bert to do the same but didnt listen

"Oh will it matter, after I’m gone
Because you never learned a goddamned thing" - I think gerard is saying that if he just leaves bert to do his own thing he will just keep doing drugs and shit"

"You're just a sad song, with nothing to say - I think he saying bert is just some depressed guy sitting there
"About a life long wait for a hospital stay" -waiting for him to OD

"So go,
Just go
Right away" - He gave up trying to talk to him and telling him fine just do you what you want runine your life or something like that

But where did you run to?
Where did you hide?" -I heard that bert dissaperd for a bit after the whole thing between him and gerard happend, so mabye that is what he is talking about
skittle_slut
Thinking Happy Thoughts
skittle_slut
August 3rd, 2007 at 11:08pm
i think that someone that somebody in the band loved a lot totally turned on them but still tried to hang out with them. like they pissed g or someone off and then tried to make it all better. this is their nice way of saying BLOW ME!~!!!!!!!!
my.gerard.romance...
Killjoy
my.gerard.romance...
August 4th, 2007 at 01:00pm
I think it's about Gerard having a really good time with someone (we laughed to hard it would sting) But gerard did something that the other person thought was wrong (well if you think that i'm wrong) and gerard tried to teach them the right way but they never learnt anything in what he was saying (because you never learned a god damned thing)
my.gerard.romance...
Killjoy
my.gerard.romance...
August 4th, 2007 at 01:00pm
I think it's about Gerard having a really good time with someone (we laughed to hard it would sting) But gerard did something that the other person thought was wrong (well if you think that i'm wrong) and gerard tried to teach them the right way but they never learnt anything in what he was saying (because you never learned a god damned thing)
BreezyLynn
Killjoy
BreezyLynn
August 4th, 2007 at 08:42pm
There's A Few Different Things This Song Could Mean, Really...
I Have About Three Of Them Myself.

1. Simply A Story About Lovers Looking Back On Their Lives, And Thinking About How Much They Loved Eachother In The Beginning, Then Like Most Love Stories, One Of Them Made A Terrible Mistake, And The Whole Thing Fell Apart And They Began To Hate Eachother. Then Now, They're Looking Back And Missing It, Seeing How Immature It Was To Leave For That Reason.

(Not The Best, But It Sort Of Reminds Me Of A Love-Story Like That.)

2. Following The Story Line Of The Album, This Would Be The Patients Acceptance To Dying. In This Song, He's Reflecting On All Of The Past Relationships He Had, Not Just One. And When The Lyrics Move To, "If I'm So Wrong..." Those Were The Good Relationships Gone Wrong, And Him Wondering If That Person Would Actually Care That He Is Now Dying. In Highschool, He Happened To Be An Outcast, And Looked Up To People That Turned Out In The End To Be Fakes.
Sell a car on tv"
And He's Sort've Thinking,
Why Should I Die When I Was The Outcast, When I Was The One That Was Hurt For All My Life? Why Can't They Die?
And Then In The End, He's Taking This Death As Moving Onto Something Better.

3. Okay, Last... Like Many Other People, I Believe This May Be About Bert And His Drug-Use. Whether Or Not Gerard's Bi, He Loved Bert. (As A Friend/Lover... Whatever The Relationship Was.) And Bert Sort've Took It, And Trashed It Like It Was Nothing.
"But where did you run to? And where did you hide?
Go find another way, price you pay"
Bert Trash-Talks Gerard, And In This Line He's Saying He's Not Gonna Fall Because Of Some Stupid Lies, And He's Kind've Telling Bert That What He's Do Is Very Immature, And Bert's Drug Use Caused This.
"If I'm so wrong (so wrong, so wrong)
How can you listen all night long? (night long, night long)
Now will it matter long after I'm gone?
Because you never learn a goddamned thing."
Gerard Spent A Lot Of Time After He Became Sober Trying To Tell Bert He Should Quit The Drinking And Drugs, Bert, Not Really Caring, Still Was Hanging Around With Gerard, But Ignoring His Advice, When All Gerard Was Trying To Do Was Help Him. And Gerard Now Feels Betrayed.
Sell a car on TV"
Gerard's Saying That He Doesn't Want Another One Of His Idols To Turn Out Fake Or Fucked Up.

Sooo.. Yupp. My Opinion. Smile
sven_01
Killjoy
sven_01
August 7th, 2007 at 03:29am
you guys haven't done your mcr research.

The song is about someone who wakes up in their own dream and it's a ugly dream.
AmberHurley
Fabulous Killjoy
AmberHurley
August 7th, 2007 at 05:50pm
i think tht the patient is looking back on his life and remembering different things tht happened tht were funny then but he's regreting them now
Demolition Lover.
Killjoy
Demolition Lover.
August 12th, 2007 at 05:43am
I dont' know.
A bitch without a purpose?
xD
mcr_01_fan
Killjoy
mcr_01_fan
August 13th, 2007 at 01:35am
Well, personally (as many people have said before me) I think it's about the patient reflecting on his life, and opening his eyes to the fact that it wasn't so great, hence why Gerard says at live shows "this song is about living the dream, and one day waking up and realising that the dream is dead".

I also think that with the patient realising this in this song, it could be what causes him to come to terms with things in famous last words.