Admin
Dujo
November 2nd, 2006 at 09:46am
-
arsonist; edlaine
Shotgun Sinner
arsonist; edlaine
November 11th, 2006 at 10:10am
I think this song is about two lovers who are forbidden/not meant to be together. Still, they met up with one another and spent time with each other secretly.

It came to the point wherein they ran away together. There were many struggles and the guy went through a lot for the girl. The lyric "I fought them all off just to hold you close and tight" is the source.

After some time, the girl's personality changes. I think she was trying to break up with him or something like that. Obviously, the guy wouldn't let it end with just that. I think his mind went blank and he started acting strangely. After all of the things that he went through for this girl, she was just going to dump him?

I think the guy beat her up and then threw her to bed. He kept on scaring her by pointing the gun at her and taunting her. The girl said I love you one last time which made everything hard for the guy. Then he ends up killing her. The lyric "But does anyone notice there's a corpse in this bed? is the source.
rockpapersuzi.
Always Born a Crime
rockpapersuzi.
November 12th, 2006 at 11:56am
Gerard wrote this song about the movie, Dawn of the Dead, where zombies are attacking the planet and terrorizing people in a mall.

Just like my favorite scenes and Just like upon the screen imply that he was indeed writing about the movie.

And the whole time while always giving
Counting your face among the living

He is unaware that she will pass to the other side and become a zombie (living dead).

Up and down escelators
Pennies and colder fountains
Elevators and half-priced sales
Trapped in by all these mountains

This signifies that they are in the mall.

Not knowing you'd change from just one bite
I held them all off just to hold you close and tight.

Here is where she gets infected. She has been bitten, perhaps not quite fatally and he doesn't know that she will necessarily turn into a zombie.

But does anyone notice?
But does anyone care?
And if I had the guts to put this to your head...
(a gun to kill her. A bullet to the brain and burining is the only way to permenantly kill a zombie.)
But would anything matter if you're already dead?
(She has turned into a zombie now)
And should I be shocked now by the last thing you said?
Before I pull this trigger
Your eyes vacant and stained...

And in saying you loved me
Made things harder at best.
(They were in love and it is clearly very difficult to kill her for her sake and his own.)
And these words changing nothing
As your body remains
And there's no room in this hell
There's no room in the next
(It was said in DotD that a reverend believed that zombies were Satan's damned and that there were so many people who had gone to hell, that it poured over to walk the earth.)
And our memories deafeat us
And I'll end this direst
(He's remembering what their life was like and how it could have been. He's thinking: "I love her. But it will never be the same. If I think about how it was before, I'm sure to let her "live", and that would kill me too. I have to do it. I have to put her to rest." )

Does anyone notice
There's a corpse in this bed?

He has to do it himself. There is nothing to it.
It is a hard decisioin, to kill his loved one.

Need to know.
Salute You in Your Grave
Need to know.
November 12th, 2006 at 12:43pm
^ Wow, that's a really good explanation of it and I totally agree with you.
BeAuTiFuLlY_bRoKeN
Jazz Hands
BeAuTiFuLlY_bRoKeN
November 16th, 2006 at 09:27am
yeah i read it was about dawn of the dead aswell
Thursday's Child
Bleeding on the Floor
Thursday's Child
November 19th, 2006 at 04:12pm
I also heard it was about Dawn of the Dead as well, and Unforunately Suzi seemed to get the whole interperating the lyrics down.

Also, Dawn of the Dead was shot in the shopping mall of Monroeville, PA
hence the title...
Tway
Killjoy
Tway
January 9th, 2007 at 10:51am
I think that this song is about life in a town where people are like stuck in conformity maybe. Like they all want their lives like it is up on the movie screen but they can't bring themselves to the fact that they have failed. I think. I could be overanalysing it though.
gerardway_hot!!!
Killjoy
gerardway_hot!!!
January 12th, 2007 at 04:51am
it's meant to be about some movie...
MOSHorDIE
Killjoy
MOSHorDIE
January 17th, 2007 at 12:13pm
I love Dawn of The Dead and this song st fricking ruuuuuules Very Happy
Godamn. I love the lyric ' I fought them all off, just to hold you close and tight'
*sniff* it brings a tear to my eye. It's so darn beautiful Smile
Tis a song about trying to keep your relationship together and trying not to break down when your boyf/girlf. leave or don't love you anymore. The end, Gerards voice, really resounds with his confusion and despair.....*sigh*
GEE Obsession
Killjoy
GEE Obsession
January 27th, 2007 at 01:12am
I belive that this song is about a relationship ; at the beginig talks about when everything was perfect but then she cheats on him and he tries to forget her but he still fells depressed and he tries to kill himself but she shows up and tells him that she loves him but he kills her and finally he fells like dead for what he did.Crying or Very sad
I think its kind of sad but very deep Cry
*****************************************************************************************
People say that you're going the wrong way when it's simply a way of your own.
Tragic.
Banned
Tragic.
January 28th, 2007 at 06:38pm
its about dawn of the dead?
wow.
i didn't know that!
Inertiatic Esp.
Bleeding on the Floor
Inertiatic Esp.
January 28th, 2007 at 08:04pm
Favorite Song

off that record
Homosexual Guitar
Fabulous Killjoy
Homosexual Guitar
March 19th, 2007 at 03:50pm
Never knew it was about DotD. But thinking about it it does make sense. =3

I always thought it was about someone killing someone, and then feeling guilty about it, hen killing themselves (hence 'does anyone notive there's a corpse in this bed')
sweet dreams.
Salute You in Your Grave
sweet dreams.
March 24th, 2007 at 12:53am
I think this song is about being in a boring place with your lover and wanting to get away from everything. Then he ends up getting away and being reeled back in. He feels like he is being captured and dragged back into the boring dreary life he left. I'm not so sure about the end and everything with the gun and the trigger and the "corpse in this bed." hmm....
MyRevengefulRomance
Killjoy
MyRevengefulRomance
March 24th, 2007 at 07:33pm
Do any of you know why the song is all echoey? (i dont think that is a word). My friend said that there instruments broke, but that doesnt make sense.
Jillyduck
Killjoy
Jillyduck
March 29th, 2007 at 07:19pm
from suzi in ghost.:
Gerard wrote this song about the movie, Dawn of the Dead, where zombies are attacking the planet and terrorizing people in a mall.

Just like my favorite scenes and Just like upon the screen imply that he was indeed writing about the movie.

And the whole time while always giving
Counting your face among the living

He is unaware that she will pass to the other side and become a zombie (living dead).

Up and down escelators
Pennies and colder fountains
Elevators and half-priced sales
Trapped in by all these mountains

This signifies that they are in the mall.

Not knowing you'd change from just one bite
I held them all off just to hold you close and tight.

Here is where she gets infected. She has been bitten, perhaps not quite fatally and he doesn't know that she will necessarily turn into a zombie.

But does anyone notice?
But does anyone care?
And if I had the guts to put this to your head...
(a gun to kill her. A bullet to the brain and burining is the only way to permenantly kill a zombie.)
But would anything matter if you're already dead?
(She has turned into a zombie now)
And should I be shocked now by the last thing you said?
Before I pull this trigger
Your eyes vacant and stained...

And in saying you loved me
Made things harder at best.
(They were in love and it is clearly very difficult to kill her for her sake and his own.)
And these words changing nothing
As your body remains
And there's no room in this hell
There's no room in the next
(It was said in DotD that a reverend believed that zombies were Satan's damned and that there were so many people who had gone to hell, that it poured over to walk the earth.)
And our memories deafeat us
And I'll end this direst
(He's remembering what their life was like and how it could have been. He's thinking: "I love her. But it will never be the same. If I think about how it was before, I'm sure to let her "live", and that would kill me too. I have to do it. I have to put her to rest." )

Does anyone notice
There's a corpse in this bed?

He has to do it himself. There is nothing to it.
It is a hard decisioin, to kill his loved one.

omg

i don't even know why there are more pages to this topic

this explains it sooo well

and maybe it goes a little bit to the whole concept of vampires and them dying at the end

i just HAVE to go watch this movie now
Jillyduck
Killjoy
Jillyduck
March 29th, 2007 at 07:24pm
by the way...

best song on the record

possibly best song period

i can't really pick

but it's the best song gerard sings to

ok i'm done now
xo_cemetery_drive_xo
Killjoy
xo_cemetery_drive_xo
April 1st, 2007 at 10:03am
At first it sounds like a peaceful song but then you read the lyrics...
The Deranged Child
Fabulous Killjoy
The Deranged Child
April 2nd, 2007 at 12:25pm
xo_cemetery_drive_xo:
At first it sounds like a peaceful song but then you read the lyrics...
i totaly agree! like at the end of the song.... kinda weird!
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
April 3rd, 2007 at 01:36am
Absolutely love this song--five stars. I've never seen "Dawn of the Dead," though Is it any good, I wonder?

Also, what is this bed from the end? I read somewhere that the infected woman was taken to a hospital, and he killed her there.

One more thing. I didn't think you could kill a zombie, not by shooting them in the head. Is there something I don't know?